Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (211961 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by queengift(f): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
Please OP give Us update on your current status, or are you back to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by naxee9294: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
jwillng:

No!!!!
pls tell us the current status or i should dm you,jwillng i need your help seriously
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by AltCtrlDel: 12:24am On Sep 20, 2020
jwillng:

No!!!!

Pls can I DM u sir?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2020
naxee9294:
COM BACK NA
Im back bro. Sup.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by DAramis: 5:46am On Apr 07, 2021
jwillng:

I ll look for it. But definitely will need serious updates; things have changed in this world!!!
I remember following this thread and seeing people requesting for the info, but I think up till now, none was given bro.

All the best in your sojourn and the escape you made then was worth it considering how things are going on in Nigeria.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by michaelbills(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
You still drop the update? Wetin dey sup for there?

jwillng:

I ll look for it. But definitely will need serious updates; things have changed in this world!!!
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by megastu(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
That is if OP managed to secure papers. If he has not, then living Abroad would have been hell for him by now unlike the fantasy he was living in when he just landed sometime in 2016. I suspect he left America and used the land border to arrive in Canada as so many did in 2016/2017. Many are still fighting cases to stay in Canada, if not that Canada pitied over 90,000 of them and gave them Permanent Residence via Covid pathway. I know someone that left Nigeria in 2013 went to America and then to Canada, if not for the pathway she was already set for deportation but was stalled by Covid and then the pathway gave her a lifeline. Imagine (2013-2021) just fighting for legal stay.

It is not all that glitters that is gold!

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by hammed71(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
megastu:
That is if OP managed to secure papers. If he has not, then living Abroad would have been hell for him by now unlike the fantasy he was living in when he just landed sometime in 2016. I suspect he left America and used the land border to arrive in Canada as so many did in 2016/2017. Many are still fighting cases to stay in Canada, if not that Canada pitied over 90,000 of them and gave them Permanent Residence via Covid pathway. I know someone that left Nigeria in 2013 went to America and then to Canada, if not for the pathway she was already set for deportation but was stalled by Covid and then the pathway gave her a lifeline. Imagine (2013-2021) just fighting for legal stay.

It is not all that glitters that is gold!
wow

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by anabel70(f): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
My everyday dream to go aside the country congrats to u. I tap from urs :-
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Spanishmilf(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2022
Jokkarm2:
WELL DONE BRO, I HAVE LIKE 7 COUSINS AND OTHER RELATIVE BUT NON HAS INDICATED INTEREST TO HELP ME . BUT AM BELIEVING IN GOD S TIME AND AM ALSO WORKING TOWARDS IT TO VISIT AMERICA. I ALSO HAVE FRIENDS IN GEORGIA , TEXAS AND NEW YORK, BUT ALL OF THEM ARE STILL TRYING TO STABILIZE.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE TIME, MAIL ME LET TALK jokkarm@gmail.com
u don jp?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Spanishmilf(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2022
See as una derail the thread with emails
Smh
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
****cough**
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by azpekuliar: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Una still dey drop email for imaginary report after how many years cheesy grin
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by carsuperman: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
jwillng:

No!!!!

Where you dey,come update us bro
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Lucasinho(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
carsuperman:

Where you dey,come update us bro

I hope nothing has happened to the guy sha
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by carsuperman: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2023
Lucasinho:

I hope nothing has happened to the guy sha
I think he just moved on to crazier day to day life in the USA. Life dey change every day and it comes with responsibilities
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Lucasinho(m): 6:56am On Jan 31, 2023
carsuperman:
I think he just moved on to crazier day to day life in the USA. Life dey change every day and it comes with responsibilities

Yeah yeah
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by megastu(m): 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Your mouth ehn grin
azpekuliar:
Una still dey drop email for imaginary report after how many years cheesy grin
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Kirchoffs: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
jwillng:
Finally I experienced America for myself and even tasted Canada-double blessing! Ol boy...no let anyone lie to you....na this place be the place! Anyone wey tell you say make you NO come America, thunder go fire that person! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! How many times did I call your name? You sef don go America o and you see how e bi! We need Change!

America is not just good, IT IS EXCELLENT. I now understand that all those that used to tell me not to waste my time coming to America fall into either of two categories:

a) Those who had already been to America and could not go back again either because they were deported or for some other reason.

b) Those already in America or having access to America but for some funny reason kept saying all the 'bad' reasons why America was a no go. Yet they have either been in America with no plans to come back or constantly go there.

Anyway, I finally got here.

I was a on a thread on this same Nairaland about 2 years ago and read about how Nigerians could make it in America. Cant remember the thread now, but I contacted the OP and got some info from him. Fast forward to 2016 and Im in Yankee.

Not like life in Naija was that bad, but connecting to America has made all the difference and making dollars these days is sweet!

These are some pics of my road trip through Middle America on my way to Canada.

The USA was everything I expected, but Canada was completely different. That place is so big and deserted. There are places where just 5 people live in an area the size of Lagos State and places as big as Nigeria where there is not a single soul. It seems like 90% of the people in Canada live in just 3 or 4 of the cities.

This is already my second trip as I have been opening a nice business venture with some contacts in Yankee.

Some Facts About America I Saw.

1) Forgot about much of what you have heard-everyone is equal in America. Before I travelled, I remember one American returnee telling us that there are some places in Washington where black people cannot go –that any black man who goes there will be killed and police will not come. He was telling us with so much authority –no one could query him. Its lie. The only place you cannot go is people’s private property. People may not like you or greet you-but no one can stop you. Even Obama cannot slap his gateman. Here in Nigeria-the President can kill his gateway-no questions asked.
2) Roads spoil here too-but unlike in Naija, repairs are done EVERY year. In fact this is the road repairing season in the area where I am now. Every year between Spring and September-billions of dollars are awared to companies to repair roads. EVERY YEAR O! Whether it is Democratic that wins elections or Republican.
3) I travelled alone on the the expressway to Canada for almost 9 hours and on various roads through mid America-no police checkpoint, no armed robbers or highway robbers.
4) Armed Invasion as they call it here or armed robbers entering the house is rare here. In fact one of the people I visited who has lived here for 10 years-said in the entire State-he only remembers 4 or 5 cases of home invasion in the last 7 years. Yes there are killers and rapists and bank robbers –but peoples homes are their kingdoms and is respected. And not only can one not tell who has guns at home-the Police are always just 2 to 5 minutes away.
5) If you are a black man and respect yourself-no one will trouble you. I did not encounter one act of racism or anyone looking down on me. I dressed properly, obeyed their laws and paid my money. Yes there is racism- just like there is tribalism in Nigeria. Police even stopped me and said good evening sir-do you know why I stopped you? Very polite and I respected him too. .
6) Very few Americans desire to be rich or Millionaires-as long as they have a job, a place to live –they are happy working Monday to Friday and partying during the weekend or going to the stadium or cinema.
7) People don’t seem to go to Church –a lot here. There are many churches-but seems on the Sundays I have been here-so many people are at home or watching a game.
cool People work hard here o. If your job is 8 hours, you must work that 8 hours. No body is paid to do nothing. Even if you are gateman and no car is coming to the compound that day-you cannot sleep or play around-you must be on watch.
9) Car is nothing here. Yes –there are expensive cars and cheap cars-but having a car is not a sign of “ you have made it” . You cannot oppress any girl by stopping on the road and offering her a ride. While even cleaners can drive nice cars here, some millionaires in cities like New York don’t have cars-they use the train system.
10) You cannot use money to oppress people here. Come and see millionires and politicians and famous people walking on the road in New York. Having a car or house/nice flat is not a luxury-it’s a neccesity.
11) Nigerians in America work harder than Americans here. Come and see people with 3 jobs.
12) Nigerians have more education overall then Americans. Come and see old mama and papa going back to University in America even after working 10 to 20 years or more in Nigeria.
13) Hotel prices change here from day to day and they are cheaper than in Nigeria. The same hotel I would pay 40k for in Nigeria is like 15k here before the naira fell. The price can be $60 today and $90 another day and $70 another day. The key is to book at the right time.
14) There are many lazy people here who refuse to work. Government gives them money every week and subsidized flats. And instead of planning there lives, they play and drink and waste their money.
15) People save here like crazy. Even ordinary factory workers with just secondary school education can save up to the equivalent of N100 million in the course of 30 to 45 years. The saving is meticolous through what they call 401k (a pension system). So while they are not rich-they have enough saved for retirement.
16) There are speed limits on all roads and highway. If you go more than 9mph above it -you will be given a fine or may even be arrested. Most expressways are 60mph to 70mph. Police are usually hiding in one corner waiting to catch people who travel too fast. I was caught o. Thank God -I had cash with me-because if you dont live in that State-they will arrest you if you cant pay on the spot. If you live in that state -they will give you a ticket and you can pay later. I had to pay about $120!
17) Obasanjo, GEJ, Buhari have all been to America many times-why can they not copy what is done in America.

-Sorry-I dont have my best pics here.

These few are of my road trip across mid America to Canada. I passed by Wisconsin Dells-the largest water park in America.
I also stopped at a Rest Area! You cant imagine. Government built hundreds of Rest Areas all across the expressways of America where people can park-rest, eat and sleep. No armed robber-the toilet is cleaner than Aso Rock-very spacious. In fact if Buhari cannot do it in Nigeria-I need to build such and charge people.

I stayed in an average hotel on one of my trips. that in my opinion is as good as Sheraton in Ikeja-yet in Sheraton they will charge like 90k and this room was barely 20k.

Omor big boss, you no no wetin God do for you say you comot this country 7yrs ago. As I write this $1 is now 1000 naira. People are really suffering mehn, no jobs and there's inflation everywhere. Am glad you left make God open door for me too and everyone reading this way get intention to JAPA.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TrillionBrains(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
😂😂😂

Kirchoffs:
Omor big boss, you no no wetin God do for you say you comot this country 7yrs ago. As I write this $1 is now 1000 naira. People are really suffering mehn, no jobs and there's inflation everywhere. Am glad you left make God open door for me too and everyone reading this way get intention to JAPA.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Akano5(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2023
Kirchoffs:

I have been eyeing America since 2020, I nearly move to Libya, when i lost direction, people say success is a process - that's why i just leave everything to God..

@17years of age my soul have left Nigeria, it remains my boby to leave which I don't know when it would be
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Thazard(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2023
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Rick9(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2023
Etinosajay:
Nice one jwillng, and congrats.
Congrats because you left at the right time. Things are gonna get worse here in Nigeria, a lot more before they get better.
And it actually became worse.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Kennetheno: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2023
Good day and Happy New Month
I'm currently residing in Nigeria and a Nigerian citizen as well, I'm at the verge of being offered a job at the United States but my potential employer is asking that I get a temporary I-551 stamp on my Nigerian passport or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa. Attached with this mail is the document sent to me by my potential employer with what is required of me encircled. Please can anyone guide me on how to go about this and what are the requirements needed for me to attain this status.
Thank you so much as I look forward to prompt and favourable response.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by MOG6670(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07
jwillng:

Na wa o! Terrorist and burglar combined bros. Terrorist want to kill themselves. Burglars want to get rich. How can one do the two combined! Anyone can come to America sir-apply the right way with God's blessing.

Ok now-make me and you bet. I will snap picture with oyinbo man holding Nairaland paper today in America. If I do it-you agree to pay me! Are you ready?
good day siq. how are you doing in america?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by MOG6670(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07
Akano5:

I have been eyeing America since 2020, I nearly move to Libya, when i lost direction, people say success is a process - that's why i just leave everything to God..

@17years of age my soul have left Nigeria, it remains my boby to leave which I don't know when it would be
did u finally went out?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Akano5(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11
MOG6670:
did u finally went out?

No, I'm still in Nigeria oo
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by MOG6670(m): 7:44pm On Apr 11
Akano5:

No, I'm still in Nigeria oo
Lol maybe your on the process.... To japa.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Anonimoux: 9:45am On Apr 12
Etinosajay:
Nice one jwillng, and congrats.

Congrats because you left at the right time. Things are gonna get worse here in Nigeria, a lot more before they get better.

By the way, did you travel as a student? Or through some other route
And 8 Years Later it eventually got worse.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Akano5(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19
MOG6670:
Lol maybe your on the process.... To japa.

Hoping on my merciful God for that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.