Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election (26053 Views)

Wike: "Security Agencies Planning To Assassinate Me During Rerun Elections" / Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession / Rivers Assembly Admits Members Re-elected During Rerun Elections - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by DONSMITH123(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2016
Emotion ran high on Friday as Lance Corporal Adegboyega Adebayo, one of the two soldiers killed by hoodlums two days before the Rivers State rerun election, was buried in the Iyesi area of Ogun State.

During the burial, tearful parents, brothers and friends of the 34-year-old soldier, who was shot dead on the sea in the Abonema, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State on March 17, decried lack of concern from both the Rivers State and the federal governments.

They said apart from the military, no government official had sent a condolence message or visited the family even though he died in the line of duty.

Succeeded by parents, a wife, and two children – Marvelous, 6, and two-month-old Mercy – Adegboyega was described as the breadwinner of his extended family.

It was learnt that he was on an assignment when his wife put to bed and had yet to see the baby before his death.

His 66-year-old mother, Clara Adebayo, called for an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her son’s death, saying that the family had been dealt a big blow.

She said, “He is the breadwinner of the family. His siblings are well educated, but without jobs; he was the one assisting them. The killers have ruined my family. The Rivers State Government should do whatever it can to help the family. He did not know his baby.”

The deceased’s father, Victor, a retired civil servant, said, “He died serving the country. I learnt he was shot dead at close range.

“So far, no government official, either from the Rivers State Government or the Federal Government, has visited us. I appeal to the state governor (Nyesom) Wike, to fulfil the pledge of compensation he made. He should not forget the family,” he said.

The deceased’s wife, Tawakalitu, 32, told our correspondent that she spoke with her husband two hours before his death, adding that the incident was still a mystery to her.

She said, “He was a loving and caring man. It was on March 17 that he called me that he was going for election duty and I told him to inform me when he got to where they posted him. About two hours later, I called his line, but it was no longer going through. I did not get any information until on Monday when my dad told me he was late.

“The death was unusual. They were many on patrol. I don’t know where to start from. I gave birth to a child a few days before he died and he did not set his eyes on the baby. How will I cope?What kind of life is this? The Rivers State Government should come to our aid.”

Charles Adebayo, the immediate younger brother of the late soldier, blamed the crisis between the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party in the state for the death of his brother.

He said, “There are two masters holders in the family, but we are jobless. He was the breadwinner of the entire family.

“His death has dealt an irreparable blow to the family. It is something that could have been avoided. More pathetic is his new-born baby he was unable to see. He was supposed to attend the naming, but he could not because of the nature of his job.

“We learnt that he was heading for where he was posted for the election and there was a distress call from somewhere. God knows who made the call, but they made a U-turn.

“On the way, an ambush was laid for them. People said Wike promised to do something reasonable to help the family, but as of now, we have not heard anything from him. In my opinion, it was the political crisis in that state that caused his death.”

A soldier, Hamisu, one of Gboyega’s colleagues from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, described him “as a good soldier, very diligent and obedient. He joked with everybody; may his soul rest in perfect peace.”

The deceased’s friend, Taiwo Adegoke, said, “He is the only friend I have. We have known each other for 20 years. I have yet to get over the trauma. He was like a brother to me. He was a soldier from the beginning to the end.

“Based on the information I gathered, they were on patrol without using a gunboat, which is not acceptable. South-South is a volatile area, where gunboats are expected to be used at all times. Maybe it was sabotage, I can’t say. But his death could have probably been avoided if a gunboat was provided.”

http://www.punchng.com/soldier-killed-during-rivers-election-buried-amid-tears/

1 Share

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by taiyesoul(f): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2016
A Victim of do or die politics.This Country is not worth dying for.RIP bro.

18 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2016
RIP young officer!!!

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by dukie25: 11:23am On Apr 18, 2016
R. I. P
A young life wasted because of Amaechi's lust for power.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by badblackman(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
Since UNIPORT go strike, I Don promise my self say I no go read anything even Film subtitles...So, somebori should read and summarize biko...I no fit shout

4 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by hazyfm1: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry RIP
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by blazetitov: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
So sad. RIP Officer.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by chriskosherbal(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
May the Lord grant the family the grace to bear the loss.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Olukologia(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
Just as if de hoodlums wont die again. God pls console his family. Handsome guy like this. Ah! Whats gonna happen to his young wife now?
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by stano2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
tears almost dropped while reading this.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Mcpadosky(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
May God help us all in dis country. we're are the children of all this politicians? why are they not d once being buried?
RIP to the dead soldier
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by sugardad1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Each day is a gift and not a given right. In every death, a very busy world comes to an end. For him, the race is ended.. May his rest in peace, Amen.

May heaven accept us all when it's time to go home.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Rip young brother,there is an evil for a G,in life u fought now I pray u rest in heaven

God will judge both wike nd amalaechi for this
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Truckpusher(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
Blame it on Buhari and Amaechi .

4 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by akp202(m): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good bye from a world filled up with Bile and hatred no wonder at d end of d day God regretted creating man
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Lilimax(f): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
One sad loss cry
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Seyi22: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
I dey always talk am, anybody when die for politicians die for nothing

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by EastanPower(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Amechi well done oo.

4 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Owode1: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
If he went there to rig, then no pity for him. After all Wike(d) warned them.
If not, and I mean 'if not' then RIP to him.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
There was a country...RIP
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by espn(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
TOUCHING
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by HopeAtHand: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Painful one. RIP

Some people want to win election at all cost.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by Michaelgates(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
RIP. When one soldier goes, many more shall raise..
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by touchmark(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
Rest in Peace galant soldier.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by juman(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Kai, he died for this kind of country.

Anyway he was doing a job.

But nigeria is not a good country sha.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by vykte(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Owode1:
receive sense

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by AyamConfidence(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
He died for a bull shìt country...sometimes i wish my great grand father was taken as a slave to the Americas, by now i for dey some other place even though the world is wicked, Naija is hell...morrafucking polithiefcians wasting innocent people since time immemorial
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by robosky02(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
I feel for the wife ehhh

so young at 32 now a widow

and the baby that didn't even see the father
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
RIP
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
HABA

Owode1:
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugardad1:
Each day is a gift and not a given right. In every death, a very busy world comes to an end. For him, the race is ended.. May his rest in peace, Amen.

May heaven accept us all when it's time to go home.
Re: Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election by MissingBudget: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
Why do we use soldiers to conduct elections? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forgery Allegation: Court Ruling Has Vindicated Us – Senate / Lamido: How Akpabio, Obanikoro Were Forced To Leave PDP For APC / Peter Obi Is Not Signatory To Campaign Account - Aisha Yesufu Tells Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.