Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues (29570 Views)

Biafra Supporters Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Residence In Umuahia (Photos) / 'Buhari Let My People Go': IPOB Supporters Storm Abuja Court Today For Kanu / Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by emerged01(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
A number of protesters have camped around various parts of Jabi District of Abuja, on the road leading to the Code of Conduct Tribunal, to declare support for the President of the Nigerian Senate, Bukola Saraki, whose corruption trial resumed Monday morning.
Mr. Saraki is standing trial for alleged false assets declaration and fraud at the tribunal. His trial began in September last year.

The protesters carried placards with various inscriptions such as “Nigerian youths and Students stand firm with Saraki,” “Let the Senate Continue Working,” and “No to the ongoing witch-hunt of Saraki.”

They also chanted slogans such as “Sai namu mai gaskiya” in Hausa language, meaning “Our man is a person of truth”.

When approached by a PREMIUM TIMES reporter, the protesters declined interviews.
They however brandished their placards more clearly while saying, in Hausa, that Mr. Saraki remained a man of the people, who should be allowed to do his work.

Mr. Saraki arrived the court at 10:05 am, amidst chants of “Oloye” by his supporters.
The Chairman of the tribunal, Danladi Umar, arrived the court at 10:20 am, and hearing in the case began.

A counsel to the prosecution, Gabriel Esedine, asked the court to stand down for one hour, to allow the lead prosecution counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, attend to another matter at the Court of Appeal.

The Tribunal Chairman, Mr. Umar, objected to the application, saying the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) does not allow for undue delay once a trial has started.

But the lead defence counsel, Kanu Agabi, pleaded with the tribunal to allow trial resumes after Mr. Jacobs’ return.

Subsequently the trial was stood down at 10: 40 a.m. for an hour.

During the last hearing, a prosecution witness, Micheal Wetkast, alleged that Mr. Saraki continued to receive salaries and allowances as Kwara governor four years after the end of his tenure.
Since the beginning of the case, various groups have risen for, and against the trial.
The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, lambasted the leadership of the APC for sitting “on the fence and watch Mr. Saraki swim or sink in his trial.”
Also, senators in support of Mr. Saraki rose in his defence on April 6, saying they will resist any attempt to impeach their leader

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201981-sarakis-supporters-besiege-tribunal-as-senate-presidents-corruption-trial-resumes.html.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by chocolateme(f): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hmm..
One thing I know for sure is that when ONE person cooks for the crowd, they CAN and WILL finish it BUT when the CROWD cooks for one person, that one person CANT and will NEVER finish it.
Time shall tell..

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by ricsman(m): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
guess they will be doing that everyday na

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
hate him or love him, SARAKI remains a god in this country. Let us(youths of this nation) join hands to support our own that is being persecuted.

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Dexpro: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Of course he would be the Oloye of Kuje prisons soon.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by emerged01(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
hate him or love him, SARAKI remains a god in this country. Let us(youths of this nation) join hands to support our own that is being persecuted.

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI

Funny you! Stand with who? A robber of unborn destinies.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Chanchit: 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
Human being are naturally biased, if I eat directly from Saraki, of cause I won't pray he lose this case and I would try justify why he should be let go. When I talk about eating I'm not talking about carrying banner for 1k o, but for us that do not earn a living through Saraki, we can talk with clear conscience, loruko Jesu! Koni bo ni nu e!

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by AntiWailer: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI

The picture shows the kind of people that stand with Saraki.

Rented hungry labourers.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by midolian(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
I used to think Saraki's intelligent..until he started trying to remove his trouser through the head.

Can somebody tell me how these rented protesters will influence the trial?

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by socialmediaman: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
No shame at all

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
Devil self get supporter in the name of money... That's why the northern leaders will never encourage education among there peeps

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by sleekkid2015: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
Some pple don get job sha

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by modath(f): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
Even by Saraki's non existent standards, these protesters are fall hand incorporated... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Couldn't even hire believable protesters to give the wailing army something to brag with!! Na wah! cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by chriskosherbal(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
I leave the case for the CCT to decide.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by PassingShot(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
[s]
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI
[/s]

Trash! How much were you paid?

With youth like you, Nigeria's future is in danger.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Goke7: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
The way saraki is going down, he will soon discover many untapped solid minerals in Kwara grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

Trash! How much were you paid?

With youth like you, Nigeria's future is in danger.
i don't need money to support anyone, i have a conscience and i am using it

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by 989900: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by White007(m): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
Rubbish, Saraki is already a goner.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by swagaholic: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
#istandwithsaraki

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Japhestra(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mr Otunba Aboboku Saraki you are on your own so keep standing aone with your Saraki.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by ziccoit: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
See how dirty are the Nigerian youths in the last pics. I can perceive the odor emanating from their bodies. They can't afford 10 Naira Klin detergent to wash their clothes yet carrying placard for Saraki who has embezzled billions.

Walahi some Nigerian youths don run mad finish. grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ipob are warming up for the grand protest

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI
you're not a very bright person angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by blazetitov: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
That's is what Nigerian politicians are good at. Keep the average Nigerian poor and hungry to the extent that he/she cannot reason properly. They are happy because majority of the masses are suffering from psychological disorder as a result of hunger and poverty.

So, people like Fowlyose and Saraki will just dash matured people(persin papa & mama ooo) N500 and few cups of rice and they will sing their praises for the next 6 months. Youths that are supposed to be meaningfully engaged are been abused because of N500 and a bottle of cold coke.

#saynotopovertyofdmind

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by dayowunmi(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Seeing the abokis in the pics it's obvious they were likely paid. I doubt if some of them even knows which state saraki represents

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by yhemsy62(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI

30 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Sijo01(f): 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
See them, paid hungry zombies.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Seyi22: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
emerged01:

Funny you! Stand with who? A robber of unborn destinies.
Not guilty until proven angry
Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
kropotkin11:
you're not a very bright person angry

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by WebSurfer(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Supporters Storm CCT As Trial Continues by dridowu: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Receives Senator Of The Year Award / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? / Nigerian Soldier Missing For 8 Months After Being Deployed To Lake Chad. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.