Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness (28888 Views)

PENGASSAN Threatens To Shut Down Oil Sector In Seven Days / Full List Of Saraki’s Property In 2003 / How Saraki Paid For N522m Property In Seven Tranches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by tommykiwi(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
The prosecution on Monday continued its case against the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, with its first witness, Mr. Michael Wetkas, revealing evidence of how the accused allegedly bought a property at 17, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, in seven tranches.

The prosecution alleged in the 13 counts it preferred against Saraki that the property was part of those which the Senate President failed to declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau while he was governor of Kwara State. The lead prosecuting counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), through the witness, tendered cheques allegedly drawn from Saraki’s personal account and the account of his firm, Carlie Properties and Investments Limited for payment for the property.

The various tranches totalled ‎N522,060,000.

According to Wetkas, the property was bought in the name of Tiny Tee Limited from the Implementation from the Presidential Committee on the Sale of Federal Government Properties between 2006 and 2007.

The witness, an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, had said he was part of the inter-agency committee that investigated Saraki.

He said, “The part payment was from GTB account of Carlie Properties and Investment Ltd.
“There is a draft before me for N256,300,000 which was part payment for 17, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos.

“There is another draft before me of N12,815,000 which was part payment for 17, Mcdonald, Ikoyi.

“There is another draft of a total of N24,090,000. That total is broken down into. – N20m from Zenith Bank and N4,090,000 from GTB. The total of the two are part payment for 17 Mcdonald, Ikoyi.

“The N20m from the Zenith Bank account of Carlie Properties and Investments Ltd while N4,090,000 was also from Carlie Properties and Investment Ltd with GTB.

“There is another draft before me for N180,675,000 dated April 3, 2007. It was also part payment for 17 Mcdonald Ikoyi from the defendant’s personal account with GTB.

“I have another draft of N36,135,000 dated January 10, 2007. The draft was cleared in Carlie Properties and Investments Ltd’s account in GTB and that also forms part payment for 17 Mcdonald, Ikoyi.

“There is another draft of N12,045,000 dated January 10, 2007.”

All the drafts were tendered and admitted as exhibits.
Also admitted as exhibits among other documents was Saraki’s asset declaration form submitted to the CCB in 2011.

Earlier, the witness revealed how Saraki funded the property at 15 Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, which the Senate President allegedly declared as 15 A and B, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Wetkas had in his testimony of M 18, 2016, alleged that the Senate President declared that he acquired the property in 2003 whereas he only purchased it from the Presidential Implementation Committee on Sale of Federal Government Property in 2006.

The witness said on Monday, “Like I said my lord, the property at 15, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos was bought from the Presidential Implementation Committee on Sale of Federal Government Properties. We wrote to the implementation committee and they responded that the property is at 15, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos and another one, Block 15, Flat 1 to 4, Macdonald Ikoyi Lagos. They said these were the addresses they had with respect to Mcdonald Ikoyi Lagos.

“Seventy-five per cent payment for that property that I referred to which is N123,750,000 was paid from the account of Sky View Properties with Access Bank. Sky View is one of the companies declared by the defendant as one of his companies.

“The implementation committee could not produce the draft. They said it was Fidelity Bank draft and they had been trying to recieve a copy of the draft but they couldn’t.

“Access Bank too could not get a copy of the draft but they referred us to where the account (Access Bank) where the draft was paid. That was the account of Sky View Ltd with Skye Bank. They also furnished us with the statement of account and account opening packages and means of identification for the account.”

All the documents relating to the account were also tendered and admitted as exhibits.

source...http://www.punchng.com/how-saraki-paid-for-n522m-property-in-seven-tranches/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
If you think Saraki will come out of this, it means you and Pa Chukwudi44 has taken tumbo from Okonkwo.

More revelations daily. Saraki bad pass badoo walahi.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by PassingShot(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
Should the govt fail to bring this man to book, the fight against corruption will be a mockery of the effort.

There is more than enough evidence for the insatiable Thief to be thrown in jail already and he knows it. Saraki has already proved to the whole world that he is indeed guilty of all charges against him with numerous attempts to stop his trial.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
undecided lies from the pit of hell lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by shamsuRana(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
well...

"As you disgrace me, so shall you be
disgraced out of politics" ~ Late Senator Olusola Saraki (Bukola Saraki's father) in 2011.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
blinded by politicians. lipsrsealed

TANTUMERGO007:

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
DONSMITH123:
blinded by politicians. lipsrsealed

only exercising my right to free speech lipsrsealed
Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by tommykiwi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ayo Fayose can be of help to U now my Honorable Senate President.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by PassingShot(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
shamsuRana:
well...

disgraced out of politics" ~ Late Senator Olusola Saraki (Bukola Saraki's father) in 2011.
Hmmmm that was a deep curse from his father.

He shall surely be disgraced with this trial.

32 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by PassingShot(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
shamsuRana:
well...

Hmmmm!

That was a deep curse from his father.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

ok na
Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by DONSMITH123(m): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
in what way? Only Chukwudi44 can be of help.

tommykiwi:
Ayo Fayose can be of help to U now my Honorable Senate President.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by amaechi1: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
What an honorable man will do at this moment is to tender his resignation and apologies to Nigerians for bringing Nigeria into this shame. These are well detail investigation and revelations. Even an infant will agree that Saraki has a bad case

20 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by superstar1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
All these ones are still testing testing.

He should patiently and happily await the combo of tsunami, earthquake and tornado coming at him.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by modath(f): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:

Hmmmm!

That was a deep curse from his father.

Curse or no curse, the "heads" of the depositors defrauded by SGB & Trade Banks will gather to do him strong tinz....his father was no saint, the old man deserved all & should have gotten more!!

How can one human being have a child as governor, another as a senator & then plan to exchange them for each other on expiration of their tenures!!

What's more, A female governor in Kwara?? Really? People like to over reach themselves!

17 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by Almajiri1: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Where are the investigative journalist to post pictures of such properties? Saraki must be made to forfeit all assets to the Nigerian people and made to walk into Kuje only on his birthday suit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by yhemsy62(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
PA Chukwudi's PA I sight u o well done

6 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by Ratello: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
modath:

Curse or no curse, the "heads" of the depositors defrauded by SGB & Trade Banks will gather to do him strong tinz....his father was no saint, the old man deserved all & should have gotten more!!

How can one human being have a child as governor, another as a senator & then plan to exchange them for each other on expiration of their tenures!!

What's more, A female governor in Kwara?? Really? People like to over reach themselves!
You just took the words out of my mouth sweety wink kiss kiss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by ezivision: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
hmmmmn. A reasonable youth like you,were is the truth from heaven. your paymaster is in for it big time.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by spako4(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
Kleptomaniac as senate president...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ina pa AChu-kwudi44?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by engrlarex(m): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
kk
Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
And Wetkas is just one witness among many. Chei! Saraki needs serious deliverance prayers to get out of this one!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by bedspread: 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hmmmmmmm........ AGAINNNNNN!!!!!

SARAKI MUST BE RICHER THAN TOGO!!

THESE GUYS WANNA DELETE SARAKI FROM NIGERIA POLITICS

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by blazetitov: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki has a professional certificate in kworuption and money laundry.

Crookola Saraki, i hail oo!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki is loaded with Kwara's cashflow

"The implementation committee could not produce the draft. They said it was Fidelity Bank draft and they had been trying to recieve a copy of the draft but they couldn’t." Fidelity Bank sefsad

“Access Bank too could not get a copy of the draft but they referred us to where the account (Access Bank) where the draft was paid. That was the account of Sky View Ltd with Skye Bank. They also furnished us with the statement of account and account opening packages and means of identification for the account.” : Access Bank sefshocked

Those bank drafts have grown wings and have become unproduceable undecided

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by yinkard4me(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Keep misyearning... Freedom after speech i cant assure u.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by jeje123(m): 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
International thief!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by prinsam30: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
what a state of Dilemma for saraki and Co.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Property In Seven Tranches: He Paid N522m - Witness by bunmioguns(m): 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
Make them just dash me 1 million only

embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Inspects Traditional Guard Of Honour Attached To Imo Govt House / FFK to Senate: Insist Ali Appears Stark Unclad or Brought in Chains / Patience Jonathan At Wike's Thanksgiving Service In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.