Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This (992 Views)

Please Help Me Fix My Laptop Software Problem / How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? / Who Can Help Fix This Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Millz404(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
My laptop was working fine this afternoon, i turned it off, went out, when i came back and turned it on, it turned on but no display on the screen at all, i connected it to an external monitor and it worked just fine. Please what could be the problem..... Your help will be highly appreciated
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
i am not a computer guru but i can safely say ur screen has been damaged

1 Like

Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Millz404(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2016
walcut:
i am not a computer guru but i can safely say ur screen has been damaged
U got me scared... Well d bastard came up just fine dis morning
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
Millz404:
U got me scared... Well d bastard came up just fine dis morning
lolz.
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by CookieBrown: 9:56am On May 02, 2016
Millz404:
My laptop was working fine this afternoon, i turned it off, went out, when i came back and turned it on, it turned on but no display on the screen at all, i connected it to an external monitor and it worked just fine. Please what could be the problem..... Your help will be highly appreciated

The problem you described will occur again at some point until the screen finally blacks out. There is a problem with the flex of your laptop. Inside the flex is a cable connector which connects the motherboard to the screen, and this cable transmits information from your motherboard and displays it on the screen. I recommend you take your Laptop to a service man and have the cable changed to a new one, it won't cost much.
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Millz404(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2016
CookieBrown:

The problem you described will occur again at some point until the screen finally blacks out. There is a problem with the flex of your laptop. Inside the flex is a cable connector which connects the motherboard to the screen, and this cable transmits information from your motherboard and displays it on the screen. I recommend you take your Laptop to a service man and have the cable changed to a new one, it won't cost much.
Ok... Tank u very much... My problem now is my wifi is on a permanent off and has refused to turn on... Sometimes the wifi completely disappears
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by CookieBrown: 10:36am On May 02, 2016
Millz404:

Ok... Tank u very much... My problem now is my wifi is on a permanent off and has refused to turn on... Sometimes the wifi completely disappears

Permanently off? There should be a hotkey on you keyboard which can turn it back on, you hold down the Fn (function key) and press the WiFi hotkey and that's it. Could you please elaborate more on why the WiFi isn't working, that is, what happened?
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by Millz404(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2016
CookieBrown:

Permanently off? There should be a hotkey on you keyboard which can turn it back on, you hold down the Fn (function key) and press the WiFi hotkey and that's it. Could you please elaborate more on why the WiFi isn't working, that is, what happened?
I have done dat countless times... The wifi is just showing WIFI(OFF) its not turning on
Re: Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This by CookieBrown: 11:05am On May 02, 2016
Millz404:

I have done dat countless times... The wifi is just showing WIFI(OFF) its not turning on

This is definitely a software issue then. What is the model of your Network card? You will have to update the drivers for your WiFi card from the manufacturer's website, restart your OS and it should be working fine. Make sure the WiFi is turned on when updating the drivers.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Android Bundle Data Transfer / Use This Simple Method To Know How Fast Or Slow Your Website/blog Is / Help!!… Faulty Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.