Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar (35722 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / EFCC Clears Danladi Umar Of N10m Bribe Allegation / Danladi Umar Keeps Saraki Waiting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by notoriousbabe: 9:08am On Apr 19, 2016
cktheluckyman:

until then
ohhhhhhhhhh he has employed you too. Chukwudi44 watch your back with dis guy,,your job is no longer safe grin grin
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Deen77: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2016
anonimi:

Abeg what is the difference between APC and PDP on corruption?
Thanks.

D difference,

PDP 70/30 to d people.
APC 30/70 to d people you can see Lagos.

Politics is about money, even in the State. Ask how d Israel and d Saudi control American foreign policy.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2016
Achuwa1:
if Danladi umar refuses to honour the red chambers invitatio, i guess saraki has no business attending his cct trials too,coz the judge himself has corruption case & petitions hanging on his neck,so he needs to do the needful or the men in red chambers will ask the IGP to prepare his warrent of arrest coz nobody is above the law.
Hahhaa this is true oooo but let's loot at it this way, If Danladi fail to honor this invitation base on the reason that he has a case to attend to in court the Senate cannot do anything to him. But is Saraki fail to appear in court, Danladi have every right to order his arrest with effect. how about that?

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Austiano87: 9:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Dats wot u get wen a criminal is exalted an entrusted wit d kind of post justice umar danladi occupy imagine a thief dat has case to answer wit effc presiding over saraki case.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by reflx(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2016
the earlier we scrap or reduce this assembly to one house, the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by mukhcech(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

the injustice Umar received N10 million bribe from a suspect through his aide.The man s not clean,dont even go there

mtchew. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I am sure u are not sane. Everyone on NL knows that fact. Abeg leave my mention.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Rexnegro(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Bluffly:
I feel like staining my hands with blood. Kill all this bastards an let's see who still has the guts to mess with the Nigeria project.
bro calm down...even me too e dey vex me here for how those fools dey support saraki...but let's just maintain our cool And let justice take its course...e dey pain me because those fools in senate feel they can use their position to firstly amend cct act abi na rules, 2ndly they re counter attacking The justice danladi, 3rdly I feel the budget tin is to get at pmb for Not influencing saraki cct case And to delay budget at The expense of The cct case And 180millions Nigerians....bro just chill time will time. Take care

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by demoore1(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:
useless Senate. Mtchew. Leave trash for Lawma. Make i go flex my Zobo drink jor!

This senate is disgusting. Very shameful and embarrasing. And at d same time very immature. The behaviour is even less mature compared to Student Union Parliament in Nigeria Universities.

They are so predictable and pathetic.

Apart from dis fake and disgusting solidarity they are showing to saraki, many of them are already strategising on who should bcome d next senate president. All na wash.

The worst of all, if u check who is d head of that committee, it is a Senator from corruption loving party called PDP.

How can ethics committee be doing what is unethical? What a paradox and Irony. in d voice of Patrick Obahiagbon: What the senate is doing amount to Tata Mu Tata and zizi zaza!
you are are really a biased mminded person. sudenly a court wants to sit and try one man daily for a week. A senate president and you cant see that someone is pulling a syring.......you are seroiusly stupid
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2016
cktheluckyman:

lol you are still a learner!!! The senate will also pass a resolution ordering the arrest of the CCT chair grin grin grin
And you are the learner here boy, What happen to the resolution passed for the arrest of Former EFCC boss.. Lamorde?
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:

Seconded. But it is d same NASS that has to make d law to make it easier.

What we actually need is the military to make that law and hand it over to us,dont quote the process!
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by yamfula: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:
useless Senate. Mtchew. Leave trash for Lawma. Make i go flex my Zobo drink jor!

This senate is disgusting. Very shameful and embarrasing. And at d same time very immature. The behaviour is even less mature compared to Student Union Parliament in Nigeria Universities.

They are so predictable and pathetic.

Apart from dis fake and disgusting solidarity they are showing to saraki, many of them are already strategising on who should bcome d next senate president. All na wash.

The worst of all, if u check who is d head of that committee, it is a Senator from corruption loving party called PDP.

How can ethics committee be doing what is unethical? What a paradox and Irony. in d voice of Patrick Obahiagbon: What the senate is doing amount to Tata Mu Tata and zizi zaza!
Rubbish thrash.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
bashydemy:
Hahhaa this is true oooo but let's loot at it this way, If Danladi fail to honor this invitation base on the reason that he has a case to attend to in court the Senate cannot do anything to him. But is Saraki fail to appear in court, Danladi have every right to order his arrest with effect. how about that?

bros the senate has the powers to pass a resolution to the IGP ordering his arrest!!! the senate is far more powerful than the CCT tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Prales(m): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
I wish we could just allow the court of law to pronounce Saraki guilty before crying 'crucify him! crucify him!! crucify him!!!' There's really no difference between us and the people who crucified Christ. All these hogwash about his trial makes one even forget his offence in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
bashydemy:
And you are the learner here boy, What happen to the resolution passed for the arrest of Former EFCC boss.. Lamorde?

AND WHERE IS THE FORMER EFFC BOSS LARMODE NOW? ABI IS DANLADI UMAR READY TO RUN LIKE LAMORDE? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by anonimi: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Deen77:
D difference,

PDP 70/30 to d people.
APC 30/70 to d people you can see Lagos

Politics is about money, even in the State. Ask how d Israel and d Saudi control American foreign policy.

Which Lagos?
This one of Barawo Rogue Fashole, BRF and Thief'inuibu or another

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.
AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our excellent governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these scam masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new gomina dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Bluffly: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2016
Rexnegro:
bro calm down...even me too e dey vex me here for how those fools dey support saraki...but let's just maintain our cool And let justice take its course...e dey pain me because those fools in senate feel they can use their position to firstly amend cct act abi na rules, 2ndly they re counter attacking The justice danladi, 3rdly I feel the budget tin is to get at pmb for Not influencing saraki cct case And to delay budget at The expense of The cct case And 180millions Nigerians....bro just chill time will time. Take care
See, countries that are where they are never waited for time to tell them their fate but thy took time in their own hands and determined their own fate. Its high time we do same in Nigeria.I am getting tired of all this cock and bull stories. We kept hearing billions and trillions in fact quintilions of foreign currency everyday and yet nothing to show for it.
I pray to God almighty to empower me like he did the likes of Moses and Joshua so we can kill all this pharoahs. Damboroba shege.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by anonimi: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2016
emekamigo:
What we actually need is the military to make that law and hand it over to us,dont quote the process!

What is wrong with us?
Did the military help them in the US, Canada, UK to get to where they are today from their CAVEMAN starting point

Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by SweetLove0(f): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2016
grin
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by maestroz: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:
The CCT chairman is under investigation for corruption charges.He must appear before the committee to clear his name

chukwudi...receive sense na...
if you wan wear trouser no be one one you go put your leg. let CCT deal with saraki first before the return leg...
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

bros the senate has the powers to pass a resolution to the IGP ordering his arrest!!! the senate is far more powerful than the CCT tongue tongue tongue
hahaha joke of the century and if i may ask why is your god Saraki is running from pole to pole to stop his trial from the same CCT?
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2016
bashydemy:
hahaha joke of the century and if i may ask why is your god Saraki is running from pole to pole to stop his trial from the same CCT?

why is the CCT chairman running from his summon by the senate?
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:34am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

Saraki also has a senate sitting but he attended the CCT's trial baa?If the CCT chairman ignores the senate,Saraki will also ignore him and commence the process for his removal as CCT chairman.2/3 of the NASS can recommend the removal of the CCT chairman
Hahaha Mr chukwudi you have been more vibrant lately i guess you just sign new abobaku contract hahaha... Mind you in the past saraki only appear on free days but now he most appear everyday. The power that be are more powerful than him.. Mind you in this dispensation, the Sanate are just figurehead as the Executive dictate what happen.. On another note you mean if The Senate summon an IG and the Presidency summon the same IG same day you will he will run to the senate? sorry you need to go back and learn from your trainers. The President have the power to order the arrest of any Senator through the IG how about that?
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

AND WHERE IS THE FORMER EFFC BOSS LARMODE NOW? ABI IS DANLADI UMAR READY TO RUN LIKE LAMORDE? grin grin grin grin
Larmode run cos of the new Sheriff in town PMB and not cos of the useless senate.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2016
bashydemy:
Hahaha Mr chukwudi you have been more vibrant lately i guess you just sign new abobaku contract hahaha... Mind you in the past saraki only appear on free days but now he most appear everyday. The power that be are more powerful than him.. Mind you in this dispensation, the Sanate are just figurehead as the Executive dictate what happen.. On another note you mean if The Senate summon an IG and the Presidency summon the same IG same day you will he will run to the senate? sorry you need to go back and learn from your trainers. The President have the power to order the arrest of any Senator through the IG how about that?
lets see what will happen from Thursday.That is when the real show starts grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:

Seconded. But it is d same NASS that has to make d law to make it easier.

NEXT ELECTIONS IN 2019 NIGERIANS MUST UNITE TO OPPOSE TYRANNY BY SIMPLY VOTING OUT THOSE OLD FARTS & VOTING IN POLITICAL FREE RADICALS THAT CAN PUT DOWN REAL LAWS MAINLY OF WICH IS TO CUT DOWN THE NASS BUDGET FROM 150 to <5billion, THEREBY MAKING THE NASS SEATS LESS ATTRACTIVE WICH WILL MAKE THEM ALL SIT UP.

NOTE: AS LONG AS THE SENATE IS TAKING SUCH A MASSIVE BUDGET THEY WILL FOREVER BE USELESS
I HAVE SPOKEN
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by bashydemy(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

why is the CCT chairman running from his summon by the senate?
So he should abandone the hearing and go to go to Senate summon? Beside he has appear before the Senate twice and nothing happen. They said witness did not show up.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Ghost447(m): 9:45am On Apr 19, 2016
Realdeals:
INEC should be empowered to make the process of recalling a NASS member easier, its needed now. The senate should be scrapped
It is actually a Constitutional provision. Until the the Constitution is amended to that effect, there is nothing INEC can do. It's the constitution that laid down the procedure to be followed by INEC. The unfortunate thing is that the power to amend the constitution resides in the same National Assembly. See the procedure of recall in section 69 of the Constitution.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2016
bashydemy:
So he should abandone the hearing and go to go to Senate summon? Beside he has appear before the Senate twice and nothing happen. They said witness did not show up.

well since the senate has summoned him again,he has to show up
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by ndcide(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2016
All is fair in war. They all know what to do. Saraki knows what to do. Ruthlessness is permitted.
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by drslimtommy: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Cc :Moruffseun
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by SaniAkiro(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmm what a pitty
Re: Senate Committee Summons Danladi Umar by horimo: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2016
All we do is make noise on forum like this. How many of us can go out to protest and let our voices be heard. Over 60million youths being manipulated by few old fools who got free education to get to where they are. Think!!!!!!!. I wish chief Gani and Fela were alive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rail Commissioning: Nigerian React #thankyougej / FG Freezes Sahara Reporters Account. Committee To Protect Journalists(CPJ) Fumes / Peter Obi Exercising In Onitsha This Morning- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.