Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Worst Time To Be A Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst Time To Be A Senator (763 Views)

Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / 10 Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria. / When A Senator Visits His Constituency, With 38 Million Naira Jeep.(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Time To Be A Senator by WebclickNG: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2016
In those days, senators are treated like kings. They are glorified in their communities. However, the current national Assembly (both the upper and the lower chambers) has been denigrated.

It appears for the first time that Nigerians across all divides i.e religion, tribe, ethnicity, industry, unions, and communities are coming together to condemn the activities of an arm of Government. The images of the National assembly has been battered home and abroad. Ordinarily, this would have had a negative effect on Nigeria as a whole but for the president stance on anti-corruption. I am sure that PMB travel may also have helped to reduce the battered image of Nigeria amid the impunity carried out by the National assembly before the international communities.

From a personal perspective, I can say this is the worst time to be a senator. How many senators can proudly go to their communities amid their stance on corruption and negligence of duties? How many of their children can boast now that my father is a senator without being abused? How many senators can now post as frequently as they use to on social media? It means they are feeling the heat. I think Nigerians should add more fuel.

My own advise, if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. Better still repent for good.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by psucc(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2016
Its more of regret than celebration.
Change had affected all
Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by WebclickNG: 8:41am On Apr 19, 2016
psucc:
Its more of regret than celebration.

Change had affected all
Maybe it's a change for good but time will tell
Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by Ejemehn(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2016
@OP your mindset sha.........
This is actually the best time to be a Senator, especially at a time like this when a Senator can sponsor a bill that will be of immense benefit to the people.
Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by mackhunter77: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2016
I'm actually proud that this administration made the first move before Panama Papers leak .

Our politicians have no character, integrity

events are still unfolding so let's stay positive

1 Like

Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by WebclickNG: 9:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Ejemehn:
@OP your mindset sha.........
This is actually the best time to be a Senator, especially at a time like this when a Senator can sponsor a bill that will be of immense benefit to the people.
I agree with you that senators can sponsor a bill that will be of immense benefit to the people. But how many of those bills pass the 2nd reading? How many of those bill enjoy accelerated hearing like the amendment on CCB that pass 1st and 2nd reading in less than 48 hours?

1 Like

Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by Fmartin(m): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
Wetin pesin go talk self
Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2016
WebclickNG:
In those days, senators are treated like kings. They are glorified in their communities. However, the current national Assembly (both the upper and the lower chambers) has been denigrated.

It appears for the first time that Nigerians across all divides i.e religion, tribe, ethnicity, industry, unions, and communities are coming together to condemn the activities of an arm of Government. The images of the National assembly has been battered home and abroad. Ordinarily, this would have had a negative effect on Nigeria as a whole but for the president stance on anti-corruption. I am sure that PMB travel may also have helped to reduce the battered image of Nigeria amid the impunity carried out by the National assembly before the international communities.

From a personal perspective, I can say this is the worst time to be a senator. How many senators can proudly go to their communities amid their stance on corruption and negligence of duties? How many of their children can boast now that my father is a senator without being abused? How many senators can now post as frequently as they use to on social media? It means they are feeling the heat. I think Nigerians should add more fuel.

My own advise, if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. Better still repent for good.

please speak for yourself.This is the most vibrant senate since 1999
Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by hisgrace090: 9:32am On Apr 19, 2016
This is just the begining , for those who are still planning the next type of evil to perpetrate to became Nigerian politician, I advise that they should think twise because as all can see cahenge is affecting everything in the country. Change have opened the eyes of Nigerians for good. As of today no one is laughing againe. Nigerian masses HV come to realize the massive and gigantic grave this people are digging for them. Today Nigerians are in diffensive mood. People eyes are wide opened as of now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Time To Be A Senator by WebclickNG: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2016
hisgrace090:
This is just the begining , for those who are still planning the next type of evil to perpetrate to became Nigerian politician, I advise that they should think twise because as all can see cahenge is affecting everything in the country. Change have opened the eyes of Nigerians for good. As of today no one is laughing againe. Nigerian masses HV come to realize the massive and gigantic grave this people are digging for them. Today Nigerians are in diffensive mood. People eyes are wide opened as of now.
On point

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Decides On Secret Trial For Dasuki / #sarakivscct: Cross Examination Of First Witness By Defence Lawyer / TOWARDS UNDERSTANDING SHIA By Professor Abdullahi Danladi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.