Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React (35360 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by stephenduru: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2016
The Federal Ministry of Education has announced that in order to reduce the workload of primary and junior secondary pupils, they will be cutting down subjects from 20 to a maximum of ten subjects under the nine-year basic educational curriculum in order to align with International standards.
To achieve this, the ministry of Education will be partnering with the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC). However, subjects like Christian Religious Studies (CRS) and Islamic Religious Studies (IRS), which are separately taught, will now be merged under a compulsory subject known as Religion and National Values (RNV). Other subjects brought under the RNV include Civic Education, Social Studies, and Security Education.
A few Nigerians have reacted to the announcement and here is what they have to say(see reactions above)

What do you think?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/stop-compounding-our-problems-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2016
The Islamaisation of Nigeria is on course.

This plan will fail in core northern states because no teacher will dare teach an almajiri about jesus christ that will not have his head on a pike the next day

It will faill in SS/SE because No teacher there will be able to teach students Qur'anic education because they don't even know it and will NEVER learn it.

It will be a success in the SW because of religious tolerance that they espouse grin so the xtian and muslim should gear up and seize control on who will come out top there

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by chriskosherbal(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Well, I don't really know what to say here.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2016
Why can't buhari and his islamist minister stop all this subtle effort to colonise us with their islamic ideology

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by stephenduru: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2016

1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by OnReflection: 10:57am On Apr 19, 2016
Brilliant development.
Just make sure the new curriculum also reflects the teachings of African Traditional Religion (ATR).

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Stevebamdex(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Dis buhari sefsadsad

4 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Fmartin(m): 11:01am On Apr 19, 2016
Nna! Wat ar dem ministers smoking over there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2016
What's wrong with these people? How do you merge two things that can NEVER agree? Are these people mad? What about scrapping them both?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Mikehell(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Waiting for Osinbajo to express his own opinion before i can talk.......... lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
They should scrap religious studies altogether.

Let the children learn in church and mosque.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by dunkem21(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:

This plan will fail in core northern states because no teacher will dare teach an almajiri about jesus christ that will not have his head on a pike the next day

It will faill in SS/SE because No teacher there will be able to teach students Qur'anic education because they don't even know it and will NEVER learn it.

It will be a success in the SW because of religious tolerance that they espouse grin so the xtian and muslim should gear up and seize control on who will come out top there

You're very very correct .. Nice analysis.

If the Minister had an iota of common sense, he would've employed you.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Teach my child one word about MOHAMMED and watch me burn down your school..

I swear!!

Pls, can I understand what you need to be teaching my kids..

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
This is great!

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by johnmartus(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
I will sue federal government if African traditional religion is not add to it all these strange religious that affecting our life i think its high time to speak against it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by OnReflection: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2016
So all this hue and cry is actually for nothing? angry

There I was thinking that the Ministry of Education had finally settled for a modern and fit-for-purpose curriculum, without realising that
some silly blogger had simply offered his own erroneous interpretation of events...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2016
Op which one is xtain again...

4 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:

South West is just religiously Confused nothing like Religious Tolerance there...
Please before you quote me I base@ Osun state

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by omenka(m): 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by vanguard90(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mrokaykay:

South West is just religiously Confused nothing like Religious Tolerance there...
Please before you quote me I base@ Osun state
Apoda, if it isn't tolerance, what is? I guess burning churches, mosques or schools at the slightest provocation Is abi? Or maybe hate speeches
What's wrong with I being a Muslim and my cousin a christian based on our personal convictions?

IT IS U AND UR PEOPLE DAT ARE RELIGIOUSLY CONFUSED AND NOT SOUTH WEST

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by MrDude: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Buhari and his cronies in government are officially going mental. Islamization of Nigeria in full effect here. Islamist can't even live peacefully among themselves let alone with folks from other religion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by modath(f): 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:

I support a total scrapping as well, also fine arts & music if they can't totally remove both, reduce them to "options" not even either, or!!

Some skills are innate, they should stop trying to beat "skills" into people, it is counterproductive!

I don't know how many times I've had need for demi semi quaver or how a drawing of African talking drum is proving not to have been a waste of valuable time!! sad

I can't draw to save my life..

I remember how many hours I spent starting & cleaning a drum that looked more like a mortar!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
I don't know why religion tickles people's brains more than reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
vanguard90:

Apoda, if it isn't tolerance, what is? I guess burning churches, mosques or schools at the slightest provocation Is abi? Or maybe hate speeches
What's wrong with I being a Muslim and my cousin a christian based on our personal convictions?

IT IS U AND UR PEOPLE DAT ARE RELIGIOUSLY CONFUSED AND NOT SOUTH WEST
That's the confusion am talking about....nothing is wrong with though, but you are just religiously CONFUSED...if we check now maybe your elder bro is traditional native doctor or something.

13 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Isn't this a proof that Nigeria is not one ?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Akshow: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
How has our over religiousness helped us? Scrape all form of religion from the syllabus shikenan.

5 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odd move

Modified: cc Mods.

[size=18pt]I think that once again Nigerians are being lied to. Someone is crying wolf.
[/size]
Below is the link to the National E-Curriculum.

[size=20pt]Christian and Islamic Religious Studies......ARE STILL SEPARATE.

There is no such thing as ONE CLASS Religious and National Values.
[/size]

1.Under Primary school curriculum....here

[size=15pt]Listed components will serve as themes in the Religion and National Values Curriculum
Contents are planned for all children to take Social Studies, Civic Education and Security Education themes
Separate classes should be run for CRS theme and IS theme
Consumer Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Peace and Conflict Resolution curricula are infused into the Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education Themes.
Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools
[/size]

2Under JSS 1-3 and Pry 4-6.....IT IS THE SAME AS ONE ABOVE.

3.Under SSS 1-3......SS1: CRS

You know.....I wonder why Nairaland is being used to promote discord between religious and ethnic groups.

I may consider resigning my membership if this continues.

Modified: Further explanation here

12 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
So Buhari, you and your devilish cohorts have finally shifted your evil eye towards my course and profession.
Sorry evil minister, you will indeed fail big time.
Crs and islam can never and will never be merged. What does light have to do with darkness?

4 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by macaranta(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Not cool
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
We are finished o!!!!
Buhari is dealing with us gradually and some blinded fellows are busying singing his praises!!
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by tete7000(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mikehell:
Waiting for Osinbajo to express his own opinion before i can talk.......... lipsrsealed

He has resigned from his pastoral work o. I hope you re aware. He might avoid giving any opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Class Graduate Killed By Policeman Over Girlfriend / 12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths) / Images You Would Relate To If You Grew Up Shy In A Nigerian Institution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.