Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong (4438 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? / 9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by eluquenson(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fantastic people of NL, here's another topic for us to discuss.....

"Is there anything wrong with a husband going to the market for his wife...?"

Let's hear your views

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by VoteDemiladgold: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why do we like bringing up unrealistic issues to debate upon...

4 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Kingsasian(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
I see nothing wrong in it. I can do that for my wife.

7 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by LifeIsGuhd(f): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Right*** angry
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by MosakuAW(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nothing is wrong with that, it all depends on the husband.

My own case as an example: My wife is so poor in bargaining power during purchase of food stuff, with this i do follow her to market and at time i do the food shopping things myself.

Why she is poor was that, she was never taught how to buy food stuffs while growing because their househelp does all that. And me being confirm semi pako, am used to buying all these right from my high school 90's to my university days in the year 1999-2003.

Infact all the market woman @Oja Oba in Ilorin then, use to call me 'Mr Alaroro' I price and bargain anything i want to buy in the market.

11 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Am here to signal some ladies who will say right all in the name of love. I see that as being wrong for a man to go to the market except if the wife is pregnant or illness but on any other account apart from that, i will tag the wife being lazy and not romantic because no matter what the man will be cheated in the market, i will rather allow my wife to cheat me than giving out to those market pple

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Fmartin(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
It could be right or wrong depending on the reason given by the husband. In some cases, Frugality should come to mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is up to a man to express his love for his wife one way -this way- or the other.

It is also up to another to allow his wife go through all the stress there is in the world, while he maintains his traditional man posture as she crumbles under the weight. However, he shouldn't come complain to us that 5 years after contracting the marriage, the wife has started looking like his mother... angry

5 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by EfemenaXY: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
eluquenson:
Fantastic people of NL, here's another topic for us to discuss.....

"Is there anything wrong with a husband going to the market for his wife...?"

Let's hear your views

Why would you even think there's anything wrong with a man "going to the market for his wife"? Will his diick shrivel up and fall off if he does?

Prior to getting married, he never went to the market to shop for himself as a bachelor?

Only a pre-historic, or self-centered wicked man, or a combination of all of the above will assume this should be a topic worthy of discussion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by EfemenaXY: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Gaborone:
It is up to a man to express his love for his wife one way -this way- or the other.

It is also up to another to allow his wife go through all the stress there is in the world, while he maintains his traditional man posture as she crumbles under the weight. However, he shouldn't come complain to us that 5 years after contracting the marriage, the wife has started looking like his mother... angry

My dear, this hasn't got anything to do with love in the first place, but rather necessity. To even mention love in this context is akin to saying the man should completely absolve himself of performing what he perceives to be "feminine" tasks.

Women need to make a stand for themselves right from the onset of their relationship what's acceptable and what isn't, otherwise they simply enable archaic thinking from the menfolk.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by kudsweet(f): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
Am very sure you don't have the slightest idea of what is being duscussed here, hence you spewed trash.

Meanwhile, in my own case my husband go to market and even do the cooking sometimes, there are different circumstances that warrant such ranging from proximity, state of health, to mention but few.
There is nothing wrong, i mean nothing wrong if any man does that for his dear wife.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
is all good nothing wrong in it.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Armanee: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:

How is it unrealistic? My hubby goes to the market sometimes. Watz incredible about that? My dad loves going to the market. Some men are just like that. Dad is a great cook & so is mum. Its not an issue in their marriage.

@OP.. nuttn wrong if u ask me (speaking from experience). It all depends on the mutual understanding and luv btw the couple.

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:

Unrealistic?

Recently Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde posted on twitter that her husband goes to the market and plenty of people commented that he is a dunce and that she is disrespectful.

I don't even know how to comment on such a topic and what to answer such people without offending anyone. lipsrsealed
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by ronald4lif(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why do you think this should be an issue to deliberate on and what are reasons why a man shouldn't go to the market? Point out the reasons let's discuss them.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
aahhhh, this section never disappoints. I knew it was a matter of time before someone creates a thread about this.

let the unhappily married and happily single ones start giving thier opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by tpiah11: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mindfulness:

Recently Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde posted on twitter that her husband goes to the market

True that. Obviously the reason for the thread.

It wasnt a recent interview though, somebody just dug it up from somewhere and reposted it.

Here is the original topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/2549043/dont-go-market-husband-does

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by shosky1794: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
There's nothing wrong in this I must say. I do it for my wife some times due the nature of her job and I hate it whenever she complains of tiredness. Anytime she goes to work on a Saturday, I will go to the market before she gets back.
Sometimes I cook before she gets back but women being what they are might want to turn this to your normal responsibility. It happened with my wife and that made me stop doing all these things for her except if I'm in a very good mood.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by rvpbae: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
ronald4lif:
Why do you think this should be an issue to deliberate on and what are reasons why a man shouldn't go to the market? Point out the reasons let's discuss them.

Thank you!!

I honestly see no sense in the Op asking whether it is right or wrong! Except of course, there is a reason for asking.

Marriage is a personal affair, what rocks your boat might sink another! As long as you both are happy and compatible!
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by VintageCocktail(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
I will go to supermarket , shoprite or malls but haggling the prices of foodstuffs with market women in an open markets gives me headaches. I lose my bargaining power whenever I am confronted by those market cougars and I end up being a " how much, bring it and take the money kinda guy". I try to save the little we have by letting the expert do her thing, I only go to dash them money when madam is indisposed.

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by raumdeuter: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
If I am going towards the direction of the market and I need something why wont I?

When I was young I dey go market wella and all the market people sabi me sef

4 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by jashar(f): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
'for the wife....'

Na wa ooohhh!!!!!

Some topics you just see and they make you feel weak.

I give up.

Point of Clarification : A husband doesn't /won't go to the market 'for his wife', he will go/ goes to the market for his home.

12 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by EfemenaXY: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mindfulness:

Unrealistic?

Recently Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde posted on twitter that her husband goes to the market and plenty of people commented that he is a dunce and that she is disrespectful.

I don't even know how to comment on such a topic and what to answer such people without offending anyone. lipsrsealed

I've never known you to shy away from speaking your mind...
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by mostyg(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
I give her monthly allocation for housekeep including food. She does all the buying as my home manager and myself being the CEO.
I do buy stuffs and go to market whenever circumstances demand. I also cook for my family.
I have friends who do all buyings by themselves. While some wives like it other do not. They see the man going outside his jurisdiction.
What is important is the understanding between couples.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I've never known you to shy away from speaking your mind...

Just today someone told me that my tongue was sharp like a knife. tongue
And I said that I was not going to change it. grin

[size=3pt]But my heart is soft and so I try to treat people more softly though diplomacy has never been my forte.[/size] wink

Let me put it this way, there is nothing wrong with a man / husband going to the market. It should not even be an issue and certainly not the subject of any discussion and I do not even understand why people make such a fuss about it - like they haven't got more serious issues in this country they should use their brains for. wink

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Why would you even think there's anything wrong with a man "going to the market for his wife"? Will his diick shrivel up and fall off if he does?

Prior to getting married, he never went to the market to shop for himself as a bachelor?

Only a pre-historic, or self-centered wicked man, or a combination of all of the above will assume this should be a topic worthy of discussion.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin @ will his diick shrivel up and fall off. Can't get the image out of my head now.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
MosakuAW:

Nothing is wrong with it, but it all depends on the husband.

My own case as an example: My wife is so poor in bargaining power during purchase of food stuff, with this i do follow her to market and at time i do the food shopping things myself.

Why she is poor was that, she was never thought how to buy food stuffs while growing because their househelp does all that. And me being confirm semi pako, am used to buying all these right from my high school 90's to my university days in the year 1999-2003.

Infact all the market woman @Oja Oba in Ilorin then, use to call me 'Mr Alaroro' I price and bargain anything i want to buy in the market.

My good man. Your head dey there. Very pragmatic attitude
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
VintageCocktail:
I will go to supermarket , shoprite or malls but haggling the prices of foodstuffs with market women in an open markets gives me headaches. I lose my bargaining power whenever I am confronted by those market cougars and I end up being a " how much, bring it and take the money kinda guy". I try to save the little we have by letting the expert do her thing, I only go to dash them money when madam is indisposed.

This is reasonable.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Stillfire: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is wrong according to patriarchal customs where gender roles are very clear and defined. Men are not supposed to be found in market areas.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by marbee(f): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2016
Going to the market for the wife as in how? Are they not going to eat the food together?

Don't you see men selling stuffs in the market and vice versa?

I wonder were all this rules are written.

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by damiso(f): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2016
jashar:
'for the wife....'

Na wa ooohhh!!!!!

Some topics you just see and they make you feel weak.

I give up.

Point of Clarification : A husband doesn't /won't go to the market 'for his wife', he will go/ goes to the market for his home.

Simples..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am So Confuse, Pls Advise Me / Can Next Of Kin Be Changed!!!?.. / Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.