Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents (25999 Views)

Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. / 10 Children Raised By Animals / Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by oseiwe(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Asable:
Chia, that no 6 was my mother's national anthem, I hated that phrase "you have started growing breast, we are now mates"
lol cheesy
is it still growing? wink
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
This op is a typical naija guy
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by danasjoe1: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
Shoro niyen
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by oluwafeolami(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
headboiy:
Op forgot about watching tv n a romance scene comes up embarassed

Momma will be like "headboiy u are still here watching tv, go and wash the compound" sad angry
Go and wash compound ke? Baba ur own case gidigan oo. Hilarious baje baje
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by wilexharnthony3: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lol.... Number 9 is my mum favorite Quote....#ILOVEHERSHA
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by omonnakoda: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
You are asleep and get woken up.You try to go and urinate.....

"did I wake you up to go and urinate,so if I didn't wake you you won't know you want to urinate?"
God save you if your mother is a teacher because no holidays for you na homework all the way

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Opistorincos(m): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
- Nigerian Parents will have a 5 hour talk session with you and end it with 'a word is enough for the wise' WTF!
- They table your matter in front of all your family members(abt 15 of them) and end the discussion with 'I dnt like discussing your issues with outsiders'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by NanciaKay(f): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
When you ask her the amount she bought the new dress.
Me: Mum, the dress is lovely. How much did you buy it?
Mum: Do you want to pay for it?
Me: Nooo. I dont have the money.
Mum: Then shut up and go and drop it.
Love you plenty Momma!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Sunseeker: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
CHAI !! Memorieess Oooo ! O GOD HOW I SUFFERED !

My Daddy ( R.I.P ) INSISTED ON BEING DJ AT MY 16th BIRTHDAY PARTY !! INSTEAD OF PLAYING DISCO and Electric Boogie he played Orinental brothers AND Highlife Music AND FORCED ME TO DANCE while my mates were Lauging !!

Jesus !! Nigerian Parents eh ! " Dance properly or I will beat you !" During Easter one boiled egg to share...and the way they collect money given to u from aunties and uncles... Real Military upbring which made me strong aswell as a good dancer!! grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by lacreamieboie(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mehn... We tend not to like them for all of these then... but now momma remains our best friend! @op, you were so just on point!
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lyk when ma moma ask me to go and check whether the woman that owe her is at home. After comfirmation she now ask me 2 go and ask 4rm her again

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Ahasuerus2(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Midnight flogging

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Ahasuerus2(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by mondee02(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=DharmyYinks post=44889459]11. They always take 1st Position

That moment wen u get poor grades in skul... Naija parents will be like...

"Hey Chima... Wat is this ayam seeing After eating all d food in d house.. why will there be anything in ur brain angry. Wen I was lyk u.. I use to take 1st evrytime tongue. Let ur Papa come back ehn."

Iffa hear 1st position ;
Very funny, makes me crack my ribs
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by NarnieSnyper(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
When u always take the 3rd position in class and ur father keeps telling u " the guy who took 1st has two heads abi?" Like sey the 3rd position dey bad. The funny thing is that some parents somewhere are saying "the child who took 3rd position, sey na medusa or obatanla born am?"

Mehn, as I no change am for u those times eh, it means I still love u no matter what.

Shout out to my mom and dad. I'd rather be with u than 10 dangotes

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by ephi123(f): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
you gotta love Nigerian parents cheesy
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by justicejay(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
DharmyYinks:
11. They always take 1st Position

That moment wen u get poor grades in skul... Naija parents will be like...

"Hey Chima... Wat is this ayam seeing After eating all d food in d house.. why will there be anything in ur brain angry. Wen I was lyk u.. I use to take 1st evrytime tongue. Let ur Papa come back ehn."

Iffa hear 1st position grin
Funny enough they will they refer you to ask from Ngozi's mother, but on getting tho Ngozi's mother too she always took first too.
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by justicejay(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ahasuerus2:
Midnight flogging
Ahahah you make me remember bad thing, after offending her and she is really pissed off but she knw that she can start running after you to beat u, or the neighbors might rescue you, she will just wait till midnight you will even have a delicious supper. But inside her she is shaking head for you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by ppnye: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Drefan2:

I was a little kid then, you wouldn't blame me for acting that way.

Of course not. Now, we are all grown and matured past tortoise is the wisest of all animals or why cats eat mice.

Those tales were prolly invented to scare children or they were just transferred form generation to generation in gatherings around fires to pique their interest or to provide them with a memorable story hold onto.
those days stories are these days cartoons
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by DanceVille: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
goodheart02:
I remember mine. Whenever a sexual scene mistakenly pops up on the screen, you see popsy observing me from the corner of his eyes. The discomfort from his eyes and my JT instantly makes me pretend I have mosquito bites.
Hilarious!
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by DanceVille: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Charliiee:
First thing that comes to mind after reading write-ups like this is "were we all raised by same parents" because we all can relate
'Tis Nature bro.

That's it how it must be since we're Nigerians.
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by DanceVille: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
prinsam30:
OP which one did you participated in
Seriously, almost all
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by fpeter(f): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
OP there's no such word as CHILDRENS...
The plural of "CHILD" is CHILDREN even if
they're 10 million it remains CHILDREN...
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by DanceVille: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
agbangam:
I love dis thread grin...
My mum did all to us even my neighbours too did same to their children...
U will hear " Emekaaaaaaaaaaa give me dat water on d table and her leg on is on dat table"
Lol! My mum also do the same.
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by prinsam30: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
DanceVille:
Seriously, almost all

Chaiiii dia is god ooooooo
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
my papa be like... because ur penis don dey charge u think u can talk 2 me anyhow
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
my papa be like... because ur penis don dey charge u think u can talk 2 me anyhow
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Wizzyblack3(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
These are all interesting comments. Sad that i lose my mum at a very tender age, i never get to know her (MAY HER SOUL CONTINUE TO REST IN PERFECT PEACE). Wonder if anyone here ever live with step-mothers before. Chai, the story is different. But thank God, those harsh treatments/words really prepared us to withstand any situation now. Naija step-mothers can be so wicked.
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by Ngozisophia(f): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
All correct! Imagine i was watching one American movie and a small boy shouted "mum are you crazy" wow! Try that to a Nigerian mom and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by adimloaded(f): 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
@ op. I cnt stop laughing at dis ur post because i experienced most of dem even up till now my mum is still very good at de errened issue.

I can still remember back den wn we r kids growing up in de mist of three captains,my mum, my dad n my elder sister who is just like our second mummy we hardly missed to experience any of dat per day.

When ever my mum send me on an arrened she will say bf i go close my eyes n open i wnt to see u here oo ( na so i go dey run f road like say smtin dey punch me oo) And my elder sister own when she went to snd you she will spit on de ground and say bf dis spit will dry i wnt to see you here or........( na so i go dey fly like bird f road) and once i land de first tin to check is if de spit has dried or not.LOL

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by tatucci: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
aswear, its almost like all Nigerian mothers attended the same school of parenting!
Re: 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents by adimloaded(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mrs English dnt English me wc primary school did u attend or u hv not heard of de word children's day before?
fpeter:
OP there's no such word as CHILDRENS...
The plural of "CHILD" is CHILDREN even if
they're 10 million it remains CHILDREN...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? / France-Based Nigerian Mother & Her Adorable Quadruplets (Photos) / Obituary Of Mother And Her 2 Children Killed In Fire Accident In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.