Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) (34998 Views)

People Killed In Kaduna As Driver Was Evading FRSC Officials (Graphic Photos) / Car Running On 3 Tyres On Lagos Highway (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Dies In Accident On Abia State Highway. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Besto(m): 9:54am On Apr 21, 2016
before opening the thread, i knew its was GiG.. Wonder why they don't put thier drivers on a shift.. They just assign a bus to one driver and make him work from around the clock not minding the fact that most of them get to thier destination around 11pm and yet still have to drive human beings as early as 5am the next day.. #No value for human life at all..Just because of cutting cost in between employing more drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Ghost447(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2016
IntroVAT:
What is "wave"?
Swerve
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by wayaa007(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2016
FYI, God is good motors is just a very good brand name, same cannot be said of their services, from very old buses to sleepy drivers, they charge a premium for services other transporters charge a token for. Take for example: Effurun to Lagos, companies like agofure, charge 2500-2800( depends on the fuel situation), and use buses in pristine condition, so that customers will enjoy the journey, GIG charges you #3,500, and you get old buses, worn out drivers and faulty air condition unit, GIG charges you more for "executive" buses (same buses agofure uses @ 2500-2800)...

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Pennsylvania: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Ghost447:
You seems not to be bothered about the lives of the passengers.

What you just quoted and bolded included it
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2016
manee2:
Dis ember month.. God is Good
ember for April, ok sha.
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Besto(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
wayaa007:
FYI, God is good motors is just a very good brand name, same cannot be said of their services, from very old buses to sleepy drivers, they charge a premium for services other transporters charge a token for. Take for example: Effurun to Lagos, companies like agofure, charge 2500-2800( depends on the fuel situation), and use buses in pristine condition, so that customers will enjoy the journey, GIG charges you #3,500, and you get old buses, worn out drivers and faulty air condition unit, GIG charges you more for "executive" buses (same buses agofure uses @ 2500-2800)...

2nded...they are just living on past glory.

that was how i was charged #5,500 for a short roofed"messed up seats&no space to stretch legs"bus on a long distance journey whereas lag to warri were given executive long roofed buses..

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by annamaria: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
sparkle10:

God is good motors is fast losing its credibility.

The drivers use mobile phones freely while driving and take offence when cautioned. I have had to complain severally to the monitoring team but nothing seem to have changed.

The last time I travelled, I was shocked when the driver attempted to keep a fuel-filled plastic can next to him to utilize in the course of the journey. I protested vehemently. He still did anyway though he didn't use the fuel till we arrived at the destination.

The company management needs to sit up as a matter of urgency.

You don't say. Ha! I thought they were one of the disciplined ones. Things are obviously deteriorating with the company.

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by DExplorer1: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
manee2:
Dis ember month.. God is Good
Abi Especially, September to December period like we are now.

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by reflx(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
where is my brother,....i have always told him about GIG....any hummer bus accident on lagos - ph road is almost always GIG...
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by danxzy: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2016
thank God nobody died
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by GenOrumov: 10:14am On Apr 21, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Little to zero loss is suffered by the Company..

That Bus is covered under Comprehensive Fleet Insurance. Even if it got totalled, they are getting a Brand new one.

Even in the case of death, the Drivers have their Workman's Compensation/Personal Injury or Death Insurance cover and the Passengers have a cover as well (Up to a certain amount).

Only a follish Business man would have a transport company like God Is Good and not be fully insured.
You are right to say little loss is suffered by the company but don't forget it stains their safety records and reputation. The major losers are the passengers despite the insurance cover on them.

The amount to be paid out will never be enough to adequately compensate the families. There is a chance that what those individuals will make (when actively alive) will surpass what the insurance company will ever pay out to them, not to talk about the pain family members of the deceased will feel as a result of a family member's loss caused by the company's carelessness. Death means the end of dreams, hopes and aspirations. Money can never compensate for a life cut short in its prime.

I say all this because in this case, more could be done by the company. I'm a transporter myself therefore I implore all Businessmen to put measures in place to avoid accidents and most especially loss of lives. That is more important than all the profit in the world.
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by prinsam30: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2016
results of too much weed and sapele water
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 10:23am On Apr 21, 2016
Okijajuju1:
That Bus is covered under Comprehensive Fleet Insurance. Even if it got totalled, they are getting a Brand new one.
So if a driver sleeps behind the wheel and has an accident, insurance would cover that?
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by ayamAgenius: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2016
Thank God no life was lost....

GOD IS GOOD!
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by seangy4konji: 10:32am On Apr 21, 2016
The major causes of head on collisions...Most fatal of accidents...
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by macaranta(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2016
Thank God for the front passenger

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by GreekDon: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2016
God is Good Motors is fast losing their credibility. I thought I have found a good road transport company in them.

Seems they are just like the rest.

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Dyt(f): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2016
DExplorer1:

Abi
Especially, September to December period like we are now.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by timilinda(f): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Thank God for their lives. Same thing almost happened to me on d 9th of Jan this year. I was driving from PH to Bayelsa when I dozed off. I suddenly woke up bt had lost control. I narrowly misd an on coming Toyota Camry (with a full family inside o!) and two Tankers. Nna, na dat dey I knw say I be James Bond sister.

1 Like

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Leeeekeeee: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2016
Pennsylvania:

Which authorities are you talking about? You mean the ones that hardly function? The direct loosers in all of this is the company......imagine the huge loss the company will suffer if lives were lost and also to their motor. So yes the company should be sacking him for endangering individuals as well as himself.
If you have a driver that does this to your motor, will you wait for 'authorities' to act? Won't you sack him yourself?

If u reason this way, u can never successfully administer any group or organisation..

If drivers sleeps while driving, the first thing u need to tackle is the Root cause nd not sacking them else you ground the business..

LEARN!!! Young man....
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Leeeekeeee: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2016
timilinda:
Thank God for their lives. Same thing almost happened to me on d 9th of Jan this year. I was driving from PH to Bayelsa when I dozed off. I suddenly woke up bt had lost control. I narrowly misd an on coming Toyota Camry (with a full family inside o!) and two Tankers. Nna, na dat dey I knw say I be James Bond sister.

For ur mind now, u follow act Fast nd Furious abii...

2 Likes

Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Pennsylvania:
Thank God no life was lost. The company should sack the driver asap for this.

I know of some transportation companies that pays their drivers based on the trip they make - the more trips they go, the more they earn, so these drivers will end up running themselves to exhaustion without even caring for their own safety or that of the passengers.

This could be one of those instances.
That's not true. That was then, not now. Surely, the driver will be fired.
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

If u reason this way, u can never successfully administer any group or organisation..

If drivers sleeps while driving, the first thing u need to tackle is the Root cause nd not sacking them else you ground the business..

LEARN!!! Young man....
In a simple sentence, you are unprofessional.

You sack the driver first before the actual cause of the problem and make amend.
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Leeeekeeee: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
DeeTus:
In a simple sentence, you are unprofessional.

You sack the driver first before the actual cause of the problem and make amend.

U re a [dummy] Cheque, if sacking is the professional way to curtail hazards..

I see u know nothing about Safety, else u know that workers re advised to report any accident/incident/near miss inorder to properly investigate nd avert future occurrence nd not sack..
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

U re a [dummy] Cheque, if sacking is the professional way to curtail hazards..

I see u know nothing about Safety, else u know that workers re advised to report any accident/incident/near miss inorder to properly investigate nd avert future occurrence nd not sack..

With your kind of mentality, it's hard for you to move forward in life.

"Mediocrity" should not be ignored for work. The driver of the vehicle should be fired out rightly for playing with human lives.
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Leeeekeeee: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
DeeTus:
With your kind of mentality, it's hard for you to move forward in life.

"Mediocrity" should not be ignored for work. The driver of the vehicle should be fired out rightly for playing with human lives.

U have a fast moving mentality yet life is dealing with you, common dude..

Only stewpid companies in Nigeria with ur Likes will sack a worker without investigating..

A driver u used the previous night nd u re sacking him because he slept on wheel instead of sacking his direct boss who knew his schedule nd still assigned him a job the next morning..

Guy, u need a long way to go mentally..
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

U have a fast moving mentality yet life is dealing with you, common dude..

Only stewpid companies in Nigeria with ur Likes will sack a worker without investigating..

A driver u used the previous night nd u re sacking him because he slept on wheel instead of sacking his direct boss who knew his schedule nd still assigned him a job the next morning..

Guy, u need a long way to go mentally..
Don't try to bring his boss into this matter. Think about human lives and you will understand more what i'm talking about.

I'm done with you here. Good bye!
Re: Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) by surelove(f): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
I love God is good transport company but they should go easy on their drivers, I'm so sure its not the drivers fault. Thank God no life was lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / Passenger Plane Plunges Into Lake Victoria, Tanzania, Rescue Operations Underway / Photos Of The Abuja Airport New Terminal Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.