Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures (10071 Views)

10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You / 15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / How To Configure Your Phone To Access The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:23am On Apr 21, 2016
This method works for computers also. Just assume the second device referred to on this thread, is a computer, and you are good to go. With this procedure, you can leave your line with active whatsapp account in another location other than you are, and still get feeds from you whatsapp account. It can can used to access another person's whatsapp account (, you have to be discreet about it)...Guardians/parents can also use it to monitor their wards, etc. Just think of any positive use, you can put this wonderful knowledge into.
Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any havoc cause by this tutorial...You have to be cautious of those that have access to your phone(s) (guess that's why the security feature is present, for keypad lock).

One of the downsides of WhatsApp is that every WhatsApp account is associated with a single phone number making its use limited to one phone at a time. Because the WhatsApp app on your phone periodically checks for an active phone number and if it doesn't find a match, it will prompt you to re-verify to use it again. Therefore, multi-phone use of the same WhatsApp account on multiple phones usually doesn't work.
But there is a simple workaround. Even though it is not the most elegant of solutions, it works. And it only needs an active internet connection on the second phone and functions even without a SIM card...The solution is whatsappweb.

WhatsApp Web application is basically designed to create a mirror image of WhatsApp as it appears on your phone to your PC (in this case your android device). Hence, in this method you will need a phone with WhatsApp installed on it.
Truly if you are smart, then your smartphone is gonna support you.

Compiled from: http://whatsapplab.com/news/how-to-use-whatsapp-on-two-devices-at-the-same-time/839/
http://www.techbout.com/whatsapp-android-tablet-2675/
http://www.news18.com/news/tech/tips-tricks-how-to-use-the-same-whatsapp-account-on-two-different-phones-at-the-same-time-1159947.html

cc lalasticlala

Now back to our tutorials

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2016
1. Install Safari, Chrome or Firefox browser on your android device or computer.
WhatsApp web does not work on you phone browser (for androids), or Internet Explorer (for computers), for this reason make sure that your device either has Chrome or Firefox
browser installed on it (me I prefer Firefox sha).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2016
2. Download WhatsApp on your phone (the one you want to start getting feeds from)
2. Download WhatsApp on your phone (the one you want to start getting feeds from)

As mentioned above, you need a phone with WhatsApp installed on it. If you haven’t downloaded WhatsApp on your phone yet then do so before you proceed with the next steps. Also, make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone. (www.whatsapp.com). Be sure to have WhatsApp updated to the latest
version available.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2016
3. Back to Your device (other phone or computer)

Now open firefox browser on your device and type https:// web.whatsapp.com/ in the address bar.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:28am On Apr 21, 2016
4. Switch to Desktop Version

Once you hit enter you will be taken to the mobile version of the WhatsApp website. This is because you are trying to reach the site from a android device. You need to switch to the desktop version in order to access WhatsApp Web which is designed for PC’s. You can also go to your settings, and set the device to always open closed tabs when launched

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2016
5.QR Code on your device Screen

Once you reach the Desktop version of WhatsApp, you will see a QR code (see picture below) on the screen of your device and you will be prompted to scan the code using your phone.
Note: make sure you have a working internet on both devices (the one with the original whatsapp account, and the second device that is to access the other device.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:31am On Apr 21, 2016
6. Scan the QR Code

Coming back to your phone, on the phone that has WhatsApp installed and running, go to options/settings and choose "WhatsApp Web" (If you are already using WhatsApp Web on any other browser, you will have to log out before proceeding). It will fire up the QR scanner. Simply follow the Instructions to complete the scanning of the QR code by your phone.
Scan the QR code displayed on the second phone with the WhatsApp app on the first phone, with its camera,and it will automatically log in with your account to WhatsApp Web on the second phone. It will not take much time. You can now simultaneously use WhatsApp on two phones.
Note: once again, both devices must have a working internet at this time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 12:32am On Apr 21, 2016
7.Done! – start enjoying the service
Once you have scanned the QR code, you are ready to use the WhatsApp messaging system on your device. The account of the first phone will be automatically activated on the second one.
To log out, go on WhatsApp Web using the first phone. Click on Settings,(the three dots on the top in the column of contacts) and then log out. By doing so, you will only use
WhatsApp on one device again.
Note: The catch is that you can use this method to use WhatsApp on only one additional device (other than the primary phone on which WhatsApp is installed) and to use on another device, you will have to log out from One.
Also WhatsApp Web isn't a full-feature replacement for the installed Version of WhatsApp. You wouldn't get notifications and the interface Isn't optimised for mobile use. You might want to switch to landscape to for a fuller view.

Don't forget to come and share your testimonies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by maxibrainz: 3:36am On Apr 21, 2016
Chai op I thought this would be about using one whatsap account on two different devices that are not close, this whatsap Web the primary device must be linked to the net for the secondary device to work, I want a situation were both would operate separately without been dependent on the other for support, like take a look at this case my phone battery is down, I want a situation were I can still use my pc to run same whatsap account even though my phone is off

2 Likes

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2016
maxibrainz:
Chai op I thought this would be about using one whatsap account on two different devices that are not close, this whatsap Web the primary device must be linked to the net for the secondary device to work, I want a situation were both would operate separately without been dependent on the other for support, like take a look at this case my phone battery is down, I want a situation were I can still use my pc to run same whatsap account even though my phone is off

Hmmmnnn. Gues you don't know how instant messaging apps work. Just like bbm and other IMs,when a message is sent from a whatsapp account, it leaves your phone and goes to the IM's server first, for whatsapp, you see a "tick" sign to notify you that it has delivered to the server successfully. Then from the server, it goes to the recipient's phone (whatsapp connotes this whit two "tick" signs, but kinda faded, and the the duoble tick sign changes to blue when the recipient reads it. (for bbm, you see a white "tick" sign when it gets to the server. And a circled "grin" when it gets to the recipient's phone, and a circled "R" when it is red. Bottom line- since you want to have access to a particular whatsapp account, the account MUST be connected to whatsapp server so that messages can be delivered to, and off the account, and that's why it must remain connectd to the internet. To be able to use a single account on separate phones independently, it involves a kinda technical process, and you can get your phone bricked (temporarily or permanently damaged, depending on how far you pass your boundary). It involves gaining root access (jail breaking is the term for apple products, and "rooting" for android), and then you change your phone's Mac address, to the original (the one that you verirfied the whatsapp account on). Mac address is unique for each fone's (just like s/n and imei) and that serves as your identity. This process isn't gonna work if you change the imei details to the 1st phone's own, but it must be the Mac address. When I have time again, I will post a tutorial on how to do that...but it requires an initial knowledge of gaining root access of phones

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by debque(m): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2016
lalasticlala............oya oooo....I will come back and modify..make I go Baff..

1 Like

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
OP, I don't want to insult u but u are really asking for it. I thought u wanted to show us how to use WhatsApp on two devices remotely. seems like I are high on weed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
henryskywalker2003:
OP, I don't want to insult u but u are really asking for it. I thought u wanted to show us how to use WhatsApp on two devices remotely. seems like I are high on weed.

Was that not what I explained? If If we're expecting to use any of the devices without the other, I think I explained in my introduction, why it can't work.

1 Like

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by okikiosibodu(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
People just dey view my thread, dey acquire knowledge, but you all can show me some love, be clicking the "like" button. Gracias, Obrigado, Nagode, Merci

2 Likes

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by Flashh: 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
okikiosibodu:
People just dey view my thread, dey acquire knowledge, but you all can show me some love, be clicking the "like" button. Gracias, Obrigado, Nagode, Merci
OK... I have LIKED and SHARED everything to show you love for sharing this.

I didn't even bother to go through them, because I'm okay with my single WhatsApp.

3 Likes

Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by schumastic(m): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
did you catch her by doing the whatsapp web n then reading all her history or how did you find out the truth, that's y I asked so I will know how u went about it.
Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by mspanwar8924: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2018
WhatsApp this is the most popular which have more than 1 billion active users around the world and growing rapidly. what is available for almost every single operating system user can use WhatsApp for Android, iOS, Windows or any other operating system they are using. but many people who are using Android tablets they don’t know how to use WhatsApp for tablet.
Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2019
tongue
Re: How To Access A Single Whatsapp Account On Two Devices Remotely, With Pictures by DateMynd44(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Isabellah:
tongue
wetin carry u come here? U wan follow monitor ur gf WhatsApp abi

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Mobile Internet Bundle Plans / Finally, Etisalat 1gb For #1000 <photo> / Mt6580 Custom Development Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.