Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First (621 Views)

Place Your Woocommerce Site Or Affiliate Marketing Site For Review And Backlinks / See The 7 Most Beautiful Hackers In The World / Get Your Premium Themes & Woocommerce Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First by WebclickNG: 8:03am On Apr 21, 2016
In all the frenzy and excitement that accompanies setting up a new WooCommerce store, it’s all too easy to miss little details.But security isn’t exactly a “little detail.” Yet it’s often overlooked by new shop owners, who unknowingly use weak passwords or skimp on site security, assured that everything will be fine and they’ll never be unlucky enough to be attacked.

While security measures are built into WordPress and WooCommerce out of the box, there are a few basic things new store owners should be doing to keep their customers, team, and data safe in the event of those worst-case scenarios. It’s certainly true that you might never encounter a hacker… but if you do, it’s still best to be prepared.

Here, I’ve compiled seven introductory steps to WooCommerce security that all new store owners should take. here are the seven things you should do first to secure your WooCommerce store:

1. Choose a reputable, reliable host who makes security a top priority
2. Create strong passwords for your store, and keep them safe in a password manager
3. Use 2FA on all of your accounts to prevent logins from those who might guess or otherwise locate your passwords
4. Enable Jetpack Protect to limit bruce force login attempts
5. Add security to your site with a monthly plan from VaultPress
6. Check the settings on your FTP directories to ensure no one can write to sensitive folders or files
7. Anticipate updates to WordPress and WooCommerce core, and make plans to address them at specific times

By following these simple steps, you’ll create the groundwork for a safe, trustworthy store that is well-protected in the rare event of an attack.

Have any suggestions for new store owners who are just beginning to think about the topic of WordPress and WooCommerce security? We’d love to hear from you in the thread.
Re: Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First by yomalex(m): 8:15am On Apr 21, 2016
Good tips. WooCommerce makes online store creation easier.

If you need premium Woocommerce extensions (up to 150) I can give you for a token smiley

1 Like

Re: Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First by WebclickNG: 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
yomalex:
Good tips. WooCommerce makes online store creation easier.
You are on point
Re: Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First by KONJIKILLER(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2016
OP pls i need your help n something
Re: Woocommerce Security: The 7 Things You Should Do First by WebclickNG: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2016
KONJIKILLER:
OP pls i need your help n something
What is the issue?

(1) (Reply)

Yoast SEO Plugin Vulnerability Alert / I Need To Know Everything About Google Adsense / Guruzworld- Nairaland Clone Forum, For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.