Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? (1713 Views)

Reasons Why Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria / Should Abortion Be Accepted For Any Reason? / Photo – Doctor Caught On Camera Defiling Women During Abortion In Theatre Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by ajolayo(m): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2006
Hi guys,
Presently in Nigeria, Abortion is Illegal except when the life of the mother is in danger.
This I feel has contributed to the huge deaths Nigeria records from abortion because people who want to procure abortion cannot go to good hospitals rather they visit quacks and road side chemists and clinics.

I feel abortion should be legalised. What do you feel.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by BlackMamba(m): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2006
Is it not? My bad. "Good hospitals" can't provide pain relievers, talk of abortion. What difference does it make, banned or unbanned. May be we should just include it as an extra legislation in our dust covered statute book.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by jess(f): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2006
Ajolayo,
may God forgive you. Why would you want to destroy a life which you on your own cannot create. It is only God that has the right to do that because He created it. Abortion is worse than suicide and assasination. It would interest you to know that Africa is where it is today with poverty, conflicts and crisis, bad leadership and famine because of the babies (twins to be precise) that were killed before christainity came. Let us not repeat the mistakes of our fathers. Let us ask God to forgive us and dissociate ourselves from the sins of our fathers. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by ajolayo(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2006
jess,
Amen. If the life of the baby and the continuation of the pregnancy would constitue a health risk to the mother, is it a sin under such a circumstance to commit abortion?
Also in a case where armed robbers rape a 16 yr old girl, would termination of the pregnancy be a sin?

Pls answer me
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by gbadex1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2006
@ajalayo,

i'd take the example of the raped girl. In as much as rape is a horrible crime and pregnancy due to such crime is unfortunate, abortion is still wrong. Let's just say it as it is. Abortion is murder. Escapists and apologists can coin words for it and BS, but it still'd be what it is -murder.

Besides, can u give examples of health risks a mother can face that could justify abortion?
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by ajolayo(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2006
Oh yes lots.

There is Preeclampsia - Hypertension in Pregnancy and Eclampsia - Hypertension and Seizures during pregnancy.

The cure for these two conditions is termination of the pregnancy. Doctors only try to manage conservatively with drugs and stuffs like that but the Ultimate cure is deliver the child if old enough. If not terminate the pregnancy. Shikena

These conditions are one of the leading causes of maternal mortality in Nigeria.

So is still a sin in such conditions to abort.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? by gbadex1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2006
In as much as i'm not well versed in medical terms, i'm pretty sure there are other alternatives other than abortion.

Will look them up and report back l8r. . .

(1) (Reply)

People In The Joke Department Of Nairaland Are The Most Lazy And : ! / Reasons Why Nigerians Don't Commit Suicide ! / Please Can You Interpret This Dream For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.