Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114045 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
I wonder how d nija setting will be, immagining tins and i cant stop laughing. Ride on bro dnt mind mewink

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babtuna1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Solomon is superb! wooooooow!!!! keep 'em coming broda

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ultimategeneral: 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
my brother keep it coming biko

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Adasun(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
gush!!! Have been away for a long timeembarassed embarassed

gud job solocheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by SPDAZZY(f): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
So loving this. Can't wait for a Naija setting, gonna be fun

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Mutaino7(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
You have been diligent in your work...anytime anyday i will gladly recommend you to anyone .... more muse to that great mind of yours..

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by eunisam: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
joined in the forgotten land

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
..... ... Sorry guy about the lack of updates. I will post a lengthy one tomorrow that should see the end of the story. Thanks for your comment and likes...

6 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
solomonbrown64:
..... ... Sorry guy about the lack of updates. I will post a lengthy one tomorrow that should see the end of the story. Thanks for your comment and likes...

I have been checking for update since morning now with this information I can go and sleep.

Tomorrow will be glorious, thanks for this wonderful story

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by yusufibrahim(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nice one my king more grace to u.... God Bless

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2016
right expecting updates today. hurray

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
CHAPTER 13
THE FLESH OF PROPHECY
ELLEN

The king of the North was just as shocked as I was to see Kieran open his eyes and pull himself up and I wasn’t surprised to see him look at his wizard with rage in his eyes. Kieran shouldn’t be alive at all and more importantly I shouldn’t be able to sense his gift as he had released them in a complicated spell that should have killed him but he is alive and his gift was intact, how? His burnt skin was a gory sight and he was still bleeding from his cuts and wounds. He must be on his final strength and shouldn’t be standing but that was what he just did. He struggled to his feet with his clothes filled with holes and tattered. He struggled to remain on his feet and danced from one leg to another as though he was filled with wine. He managed to steady himself and seemed confused at where he was and the aura around him was quite weak, I wondered how he plans to defend himself from the attacks of the King of the North who doesn’t seem too happy to see him with such a weak gift.

The king didn’t wait for Kieran to get himself before attacking him with a venomous cursed flames that hissed as it moved from its creator towards Kieran. I have never seen such kind before, fire that hissed. Why the king see Kieran as an enemy was quite surprising to me but then, he probably doesn’t want to make the same mistake Lucien did by giving room for his rival to live this long. The hissing flames came close to Kieran and I expected him to hurl it back as he usually does but he was finding difficult to do that, probably due to his weak gift. He quickly created a shield around himself but the flames hit him and he fell backwards to the floor. He screamed of intense pain as he fell on his back to the ground, the flames still wasn’t done as it turned around and continued towards Kieran after being pushed back by the shield. Kieran saw it coming and spoke some words to the air and then a strong wind rushed from the east and pushed back the flames towards its creator. The king put out the flames when it was very close to it and quickly got himself out of the way to avoid the wind which was strange.

Lucien was able to stop Kieran’s wind attack the other time, why is the King unable to despite having the same gift Lucien had inside of him. Also, Kieran was unable to redirect the attack of the King but instead tried to protect himself and when that didn’t work, he countered the flames with something of his own. What would have caused that? Does it mean that Kieran and the King have different dimensions of both sides of the gift that do not meet but work against each other? Does that mean that Lucien was the wrong vessel to have housed that gift and the true owner is the king which explains why his cursed flames is far more powerful than that of Lucien’s despite being the same gift that initiated both? My head was starting to ring in pains as I tried to explain what was happening.

The King who didn’t look surprised from what Kieran did stretched out his arms and immediately, Kieran started screaming from pains I didn’t understand. I became afraid from the increasing screams that didn’t seem to stop; Kieran was shouting and scratching his already horrible skin. He would hold his neck now and then move to his back, then his leg. Whatever spell the king was carrying out seemed to be affecting the inside of his body, probably his blood. The king seemed to know what he was doing because soon after his recent attack, Kieran lost focus as he tried to stop the pains and opened himself to more attacks as his shield fell apart. The king saw this and quickly hurl another hissing flame to Kieran but Kieran despite his pains never stopped thinking and saw that he couldn’t win this fight in his weak state and did what Lucien did with me by attacking Melfisius sending forth a powerful lightening towards him. The king was strangely able to see the lightening and created a strange wall in front of his wizard just before the lightning struck which made turn his focus from Kieran.

As soon as he was free, Kieran made the ground shake with so much force, it cracked and the walls of the court crumbled which created a sort of separation between him and the King. He turned to me and I could see the pains he just passed through had nearly turned him mad because his eyes were very red and I could see tears falling from them. I quickly ran to him and helped him to his feet but he was more than prepared as he took hold of my right arm instead, which surprised me because he looked like he was already dying. He took me and ran towards the outer court of the palace and while we ran, I heard the deep voice of the King of the North uttering some strange words,

“You have always been a coward, Ethan Stones. You might be the first and the last elemental but you don’t fare better than an ordinary wizard in a fight. You have always sought for the easy way out but know this, I will find you and I will avenge what you took from me. There will be no hiding place for you as I am now King of both kingdoms and I will have all I need to find you.”

Kieran continued running towards a particular section of the palace and opened a door that led to the stables. He dragged himself into a house and asked me to sit behind me. He hit the beautiful white horse and instead of riding through the route to the palace gates, he took a different path that took him around the outer court and then he turned towards a little gate at the far west of the court. We emerged into a certain path that looked like it was rarely used. We continued down the route till the morning and then emerged at the path that leads to the forgotten land. I was shocked and wondered how he knew where the stables were and the path. I had a lot of questions for him but I was much more worried about his body that was still bleeding and looked decayed.

“I shouldn’t have gone but something kept pushing me to. Now, I have unleashed another evil on the earth. I didn’t even get to kill the man I wanted to.” I heard him murmur to himself.

“Who is Ethan Stones?” I asked after I noticed he
was beginning to talk.

“He was the first elemental, a man so blessed by the good spirits; he was given the powers of the creation to stop evil. He did more than just that, that man is the same you now ride with.” He replied. If that man is Kieran, then he is surely a reincarnation, just as the King of the North.

“Do you know the King?”

“He was my rival and the only one whom I found difficult to take down then. He was the leader of the golden ones who towed the evil path. I took his gift and sent it to the underworld for eternity as that was the only way I could defeat me. Doing that cost me my life but I was glad I had accomplished my goal but now it seems that is not the case which is why I am here to finish what I started. I should have known that Anna didn’t properly interpret the riddle from my daughter. His name is Eugune the first and he has a broken destiny to fulfill.”

He said that and fell back towards me. The talking must have taken a toll on him, I still don’t know how he still breathes but we still need to get to the forgotten lands quickly where I can safely heal him.
The light that left his body then must have been the other spirit so that his gift which is actually the spirit of Ethan Stones will merge fully with this body which explains why he is still alive. The king of the North, who is actually Eugune the first used Nero and Melfisius to get back his gift which was banished to the underworld. He has been planning this for a long time and must have trusted the spirits to send back his arch enemy in Kieran. Well, he has what he wanted and not just that, but two huge kingdoms to himself. Kieran didn’t actually avenge anyone; he only made it possible for the one with the broken destiny to return in full strength. It seems their destinies are intertwined and this looks more just than a prophecy, it’s a fight between good and evil. A fight between the good spirits and the one who rules the underworld. It’s a fight I have no interest with, my only interest lies with the man leaning helplessly on my breasts, the strange man I have come to love.

..... THE END?

... .... I know that there are still so many unanswered questions but all that will be looked into in the second installment. I had to conclude this way because I didn't want to drag the story for too long as the headaches have intensified in the last few days. I have to reduce my work load, I am sorry about that...
... But the good news is that, the first installment of the wolf series is almost ready and like I promised, I will be starting another story soon. Thanks for your comment, likes and prayers. I love you all.

...... It's your favorite supernatural writer, Solomon Brown signing out. Peace....

12 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
Oladim001:
right expecting updates today. hurray
.. I will be publishing, not posting on a blog. I don't have a blog yet.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Temitope012(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Gbayi, u've done a gud job. Which story is nxt now. Abeg mention me wen u start. Tanx bro

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by bettycullens: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
this is a master piece solo u re indeed talented

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by SPDAZZY(f): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
Good job solomonbrown64, your health is important so take adequate care of you.

Waiting for season 2

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Francismazi(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] God's grace to your works. Nice story, Keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by prettyJoy22(f): 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
an unexpected ending, but bravo!!! you did well. wishing you quick recovery, Pls take proper medication cuz we need more of you here. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by mirej(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nice job. U are really talented. Pls mention me wen u start ur new story.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ultimategeneral: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
my broda u are a hell of a good writer. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by BraniacX(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Mutaino7(m): 3:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Welldone op.. You never cease to amaze me.. Unlike me who is very lazy you're actually diligent in your works.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 9:04am On Jul 18, 2016
King Solomonbrown64! This is another masterpiece. Kudos for the great work more wisdom from above.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Temmason(m): 9:32am On Jul 18, 2016
sweet

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Wow! Dis is spellbound, I can't wait for d next part.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by yusufibrahim(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2016
Nice work sir Solomon ..... Sorry for ur headache I think u should take out time to rest..... God Bless

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Adasun(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
oga solo abeg mention me too wen u start the next story ooo

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Botaflica(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is a great work. Solomon, do mention me when the next series is about starting. Bless u

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by hebenz(m): 1:14am On Jul 20, 2016
great work... still i read

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Damilola69(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
You are the best no doubt about that. . All the best

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.