Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (113977 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:01pm On May 13, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Daddy Solomon... Are you I'll? Did you get involved in an accident? Is it data? Are you hungry? Haven't you had something to eat since last night? Did any of your wives make you angry? What? Which of them? Shey it's that Egyptian woman? you see... don't marry from another country sef you no go hear.... So what do we do now? how can we get your attention back? Do you need a new wife or just a concubine to keep you warm your bed? Concubine? Just pick one of the ladies reading this thread na... should I suggest for you? try Dandypearl or missmossy na I know they'll make you happy .. Daddy pls na
... .... Lol... I have updated o..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 5:02pm On May 13, 2016
Oh daddy... thank you... I love you very much... but you're still owing us two more o... this one is for last night... we're still expecting the 2 for today o

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:03pm On May 13, 2016
freestylelos:
Am still here.......... Ride on
.... .... Thanks bro....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 5:03pm On May 13, 2016
Daddy pls don't fail us o
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:04pm On May 13, 2016
Taduma1:
Dont wanna be a selfish type, so am gonna say your story got me glued to my phone 4rm day one. Such a nice story dat got my imaginary active. Thankz 4 de constant update...
.... ... It's been my pleasure.. Keep reading...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:05pm On May 13, 2016
DandyPearl:
smiley one thing I can't help but think about is if Solomonbrown64 is a product of magic shocked. I mean look at the way he maneuvers between the two characters! Its soooo awesome cheesy
Kudos to you...
dandypearl is always your loyal MTNic follower grin
..... .... Lol..... You have been very loyal.. And I am grateful for that...,
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:07pm On May 13, 2016
Favou:
Bros bros bros. This your update too small na, I hate to dey complain but Solomon why nau and u no dey update on time pls be consistent with your posting.......can't hide my disappointment seeing just one update. Please change o.

Nice story
.... .. I am more like writing two stories now, remember I said I was working on the last wolf series,. I can't update twice a day as I use to because of that... Do bear with me.. Biko...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:09pm On May 13, 2016
jupitre:
Nice update bro solo..uv neva 4 once stopd to amaze me..i knw d sky z ur limit
.... .... Amen oh...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:11pm On May 13, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Daddy pls don't fail us o
..... Lol... I won't promise what I won't do....... I can't update today again and my reasons are up there.... I am sorry about that....
... I really appreciate your comments..,
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by DandyPearl(f): 7:35pm On May 13, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Daddy Solomon... Are you I'll? Did you get involved in an accident? Is it data? Are you hungry? Haven't you had something to eat since last night? Did any of your wives make you angry? What? Which of them? Shey it's that Egyptian woman? you see... don't marry from another country sef you no go hear.... So what do we do now? how can we get your attention back? Do you need a new wife or just a concubine to keep you warm your bed? Concubine? Just pick one of the ladies reading this thread na... should I suggest for you? try Dandypearl or missmossy na I know they'll make you happy... Daddy pls na
Lool. Dandypearl it z. Bt the only thing is that donkross1(I'm sure u knw him) is my kitty boo shuga.
Hemmm......Solomonbrown64(Now I'm going to talk in Jenifa's voice) what it is Z someone using ur feelings to play long tennis nii? Just let dandypearl know. She's always your loyal milk gal
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 13, 2016
Hello folks please give Solomon time to complete writing the last wolf series and I think those that have read it know that it is an interesting masterpiece...... My reason for pleading on his behalf is that this thread might run dry but I know all will be happy when he updates the 3rd installment of the last wolf series.

A message to Solomon himself please add all your ingredients of suspense and drama and magic on this next season and biko nunu let it be a very long season.

I have sent you a mail to your Gmail box please endeavor to respond to the mail cos I need your approval to begin sharing the last wolf series with my literature bros and sisters.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2016
will comment later though this man solo came from another planet
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:36pm On May 13, 2016
.... ... @ Dandypearl..... It seems you are already taken .. I feel like crying right now... Lol....
.... @ Favou....... I will publish the books one at a time, beginning with the first as none of the ones on nairaland are complete. They are so many things missing from them which I am sure you might have noticed. The third part won't be coming anytime soon as I said a few months back. I know it sucks, but it's for the best...
.... I didn't see your mail, you might wanna resend it.... Thanks....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:38pm On May 13, 2016
nekanzee:
will comment later though this man solo came from another planet
... .... Lol.... Waiting for the comment
.... I sight you oh, Zelaws....

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 9:07pm On May 13, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... I sight you oh, Zelaws.... [/b]
I have been following connectively. I must say this is amusingly created. More witty runs bro.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Rex1(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2016
Well me self no follow nobody o, i just the waka past nah im i come sight u Say make i hail o. Baba solo! U 3much o, oyah chop knuckle jarray......... But if u still haven't received the knuckle pls endeavor 2 send me ur Bluetooth account no.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 9:52am On May 14, 2016
Oga Solo I dey hail oo. Guess what today is my birthday, so please I need a present from u. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:08pm On May 14, 2016
CONTINUED
HARRRISON

“You are to find a man who has been able to unlock his ungifted powers. Bring him here without harming him. Start your search from the Midlands. You must hurry as there is little time left; the king needs the man immediately. Take your best men and leave no trace back to the king.”

That was the order given to me by the King’s wizard, Merfisius. He didn’t need to describe the man to me as most of us already heard of the rumours of a man who was similar to the mad king of the south in power. He was said to have a Mane like a woman, something which is not strange in the land of the uncultured. I got my things ready and sent for my men, we took the fastest horses from the palace of the king and set for the midlands which was half a day’s journey from our location in the North. Most powerful men and women of Magic felt the strange gift some days back. It was quite the unusual surprise but I decided against going for the man as most others did. We all know that the strongest amongst us will succeed and of course kill anyone who opposed them in any way. The man we seek was said to have emerged from the kingdom of the south which means that he will also be wanted by him. If I can find whoever was sent by the mad king, it will make my mission easier.

I have been hunting men now for the old wizard for more than forty seasons and I have never failed him once. A man travelling with an old woman shouldn’t be much of a challenge. I had friends everywhere, especially in the midlands as that was the place where the gifted abided. There were few gifted ones in the North and the reason for that is still unknown. Some said most of the gifted ones moved to the midlands generations ago, leaving plain humans to occupy the North. Others said the north was cursed by very strong wizards in ancient times for reasons we do not know. Well, I was one of the few born with the gift and I decided to use mine in finding humans like myself. It was adventurous and it has brought me a lot of gold as reward. I got to hayville late in the afternoon and immediately set out for my friend who sells ale. There is nothing that happens here that he is not aware of.

“Old friend, how do you do?” I screamed when I saw him.

“The good spirits has surely been good with you. The years haven’t been kind to you, though.” I laughed and went straight to business.

“I have heard the rumours of a man with both sides of the gift. He is wanted by very powerful people and I have been paid handsomely well to find him. I was told that he passed through this town, surely I am not the last man to ask of a tall man with a mane travelling with an old woman.”

“Indeed, I heard the rumours and very few have asked that question. A woman particularly asked that question about two days back, she asked a lot of people but they didn’t have the answer.”

“I am sure you do.” “ Don’t flatter me, please. Men with long hair are not quite seen around here and if seen, they turn out to be the sons of the wealthy but about three nights ago, I saw a young couple. The man had a mane which was quite long and beautiful. I initially mistook him for a woman until I looked well. He was travelling with an even beautiful woman who had the gift with her; the man was a normal human being. They stayed at that inn over there and haven’t been seen afterwards, the same with the woman who asked for them.”

“Thank you for this old friend. You have been very kind.” I kissed him before dropping some pieces of gold with him. I headed straight for the inn and the man in charge repeated almost the same thing my friend already said. He said they went towards the path that led out of town after I dropped two pieces of gold on the table.

The path led to the quiet town Aydrindrill, where we were told that a man fitting the description I relayed to them went through the town square, towards the abandoned home of the famous witch – Laura. We rode all through the night and when we were close to the cabin, we decided to set up a little camp. I heard the sound of a horse and followed the noise. We found a horse tied to tree with some load on it. I dropped my things and searched through the bag, I found things that belonged to a woman. This must be the things of the woman tailing the man I seek. She tied her horse here, which suggests that she is not far away and has the intention to returning, probably with the man. I told the men to set camp some distance from where the horse was and take the horse with them. I smiled as I didn’t need to do much anymore, the woman will surely bring the man to us. Morning came and still the woman was yet to show up, as time went I became restless and the idle talk of the men with me didn’t help my mood. I still don’t know why men boast of sleeping with women who have been fvcked by the others like them. What is the pride in doing the same thing someone has already done, it has never made any sense to me. I was taken away from my thoughts when I saw a shadow moving quietly in the woods. The shadow was heading for the horse which meant the woman had finally come. Just as she was about to run away with her horse, I stood up and raised my voice. Immediately, my men went after her with me far behind in the pursuit. She smartly avoided the path, and instead used the woods. This made my men unable to shoot her; she passed through the cabin and headed for a narrow path which later lead to a bigger path. My men started shooting the instant she exposed herself which must have been desperation by her. I saw the tracks of a horse which meant the path was just used by someone. The arrows tore through her shoulders and after the same killed her horse, she ran and was easily caught by our men.

“He will come for me, he will come for Me.” she kept on repeating the same words. How could she be so sure the man would come for her? She was taken by one of the men and we headed for the cabin, waiting for her knight to come save her.

She was tied and after questioning her without getting any answers, I left her for the men to play with. I waited patiently for the man and it didn’t take too long as I heard laughter outside. I came out to find the foolish men I told to report anything they saw laughing at an old woman. I looked towards the woman and felt the unusual gift she carried within her. I have never in my years on this earth felt such unique gift, but the woman didn’t allow me finish with my observation as she threw me into the house. She must likely be a sorceress; I quickly got up to my feet to see two of my men fall like dead leaves from a tree. I returned the favor back to her and she flew into the man I was here to get. I sort to take the woman out of the show by burning her with the cursed flames but the man instead took the blast and I almost cursed my luck but stopped when I saw the most remarkable thing ever.
The flames went off when they came in contact with the man; I have never seen anything stop those flames before. This must be why this man was so valued, if one could have such powers, the limits one could go would be immeasurable. I ordered the men to go for the man instead and bring him to me. But it was of use as my men seemed only good at fvcking rather than fighting, they were easily bested by the man before they were finished off by the woman.

I knew I was at the disadvantage as I couldn’t best the man in a fight due to my age and having a sorceress by his side didn’t really help me. I moved for the woman we just captured and threatened to kill her if the man doesn’t surrender to me but instead of pleading for her, the man dragged the old woman to himself, telling me I could do whatever I wanted with her. I became angry and summoned the flames yet again which only weakened me but the man looked on which made no sense to me. Why come back for the woman and then watch her die? I grew tired of holdiing back the flames and hurled it at her and then watch to see her burn to the ground. But yet again, I watched another fascinating thing as the flames seemed to hit a wall when they came close to the woman and came back straight for me. I had little time to react before it consumed me; I died wondering how I failed to realize that the woman was a gordond.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:09pm On May 14, 2016
zelaws:

I have been following connectively. I must say this is amusingly created. More witty runs bro.
.... .... Thanks bro.... Keep reading...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:10pm On May 14, 2016
Rex1:
Well me self no follow nobody o, i just the waka past nah im i come sight u Say make i hail o. Baba solo! U 3much o, oyah chop knuckle jarray......... But if u still haven't received the knuckle pls endeavor 2 me ur Bluetooth account no.
..... ... Lol.. Thanks bro.....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by spikedawson: 5:16pm On May 14, 2016
Nice one Mr solo. Harrison what a short lived character 1st to comment

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 6:12pm On May 14, 2016
solomonbrown64:
CONTINUED
HARRRISON

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 7:37pm On May 14, 2016
Khkfdsttft
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 9:21pm On May 14, 2016
zelaws:
Khkfdsttft

Post from my son.

King Solomon I love yourmethod. Each character is giving their own part of the story. It's so detailed.
But Harrison featured like a flash. Suggest you have included the scene where merifisius met him just to gave him a longer span.

Happy birthday slimsue!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Lecturebidz(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2016
Dis story is a WAOOOOOwink
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by EbonyQueen001(f): 7:29am On May 15, 2016
Yepa! Where have i been o? Kai, i have missed o, now no space in front seat for me. Ok na, i will sit on the roof top till i get to chance one of those front sitters who will soon go answer the call of nature.

First. Solo,Thanks for the tag. Even though i never got to see it in almost a month. I checked daily for updates till the morning of April 23rd, when i left nairaland for a while. Coincidentally, that was the night you resumed from your "sabbatical". Secondly, welcome back and happy belated birthday, wishing you more of God's favour and a fulfillment of your great destiny. Thirdly, there are so many notable errors in your tenses,tautologies, names and using of words where not necessary,one good example was when Kieran looked back after his last meeting with Vannessa, instead of "after" that was used, it should be "before". Your style of writing is still superb and enthralling. I love it! Finally, EbonyQueen001 found you Solomonbrown64 yesternight and she is not letting go.. Kudos so far!
I AM BACK!!!

P.S: DandyPearl, i double sight you.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by DandyPearl(f): 8:54am On May 15, 2016
EbonyQueen001:

P.S: DandyPearl, i double sight you.
grin Yaaagaaaa! Heemah bia bia cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by heemah(f): 9:31am On May 15, 2016
DandyPearl:
grin Yaaagaaaa! Heemah bia bia cheesy
Good morning dear...I've been following silently.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 1:15pm On May 15, 2016
you are hitting it bro,watch your tenses and punctuations too.
ride on,okada no get reverse.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by ChizzyMaris(f): 12:52pm On May 16, 2016
Wow Solomon, I'm fascinated by this story, it's almost perfect. Welldone!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
CONTINUED
CLAUDIA

I was shocked to see the cursed flames return to its creator as soon as it got too close to the woman. It was one of the most amazing things come to life apart from the other similar things I have been privileged to read. This must be the reason behind Kieran’s strange decision to hold on to me when I sought to help his wh0re, but it’s very clear now that this woman was no ordinary woman, much less a wh0re. She must be his protector or something like that which is probably why he has refused to say much about her. He let me go after the threat which was the big wizard had disappeared into nothing after his own flames returned to destroy him. I ran towards the woman and instead of cutting her free, I was more interested in who she was. I tried to feel her gift by looking directly into her eyes but there was nothing to feel because she had no gift. I was taken aback by that because if such powerful magic as found in the cursed flames could be wrestled from its creator and controlled by her, she should have some portions of both sides of the gift which isn’t too difficult to get.

In her case, there was nothing like that, she was empty just like every other human who was ungifted. I looked towards Kieran who didn’t deem it fit to come close to the woman now that I was between them. I decided to put one of my theories to use as Anna never told me of any protector looking after Kieran, else his wife and child would still be in the world of the living. I grabbed hold of her hair rather forcefully as I was getting to one of those uncontrollable outbursts of mine. I hated secrets but puzzles drives me mad, I checked for any sign of ownership burnt to her scalp as that was the manner the rich in the south claimed property. I tossed her hair here and there until I found it; a tiny black horse which was burnt to the right side of her side of her head, a symbol of the house of the mad king.

The discovery made me lose the little control I had and I didn’t know when I threatened the man I should bring home without harm. He didn’t answer my questions but decided at that moment to go after one of the men he didn’t kill. That action of his only increased my rage which made me wave my right hand, taking him off his feet. He landed and hit his back on a tree, fear overcame my rage as I thought I had broken his back with the way he hit the tree. My fears didn’t come to pass this time when I saw him move and then after some murmurs, he got to his feet. He was clearly angry at what I did because I could see the wild look in his blue eyes when he walked over to me.

“Anna will surely hear of this and I will surely return the favor when its time, never forget as I always fulfill my promises.” He said that and moved over to the man who was still cursing us all this time in his language. He ignored the woman who was signaling for us to set her free and started questioning the man.

“Who are you and why did you want me?” the man smiled and then spat at Kieran which didn’t help his situation. Kieran was still angry at what I just did to him and he poured his rage on the man. He took hold of the man’s second knee and stepped on it. He repeated the same thing until the knee broke to tiny pieces. He repeated the same questions after the inhumane thing he just carried out but the man was stubborn and still refused to talk. Kieran picked up a sword from the floor and ran the man through. He got up and went towards the woman after pulling the sword out of the man, I could see the fear in the woman’s eyes but I knew Kieran won’t hurt her. He cut the ropes used in tying her up and then walked away from her.

“I thought I was cold, well it seems you don’t have a heart. You watched your sorceress treat me like shitt and then when you finally remember I was still alive, you set me free and walk away from me. I blame myself for this, well, it won’t happen again. I should never have gotten myself into bed with an unlearned, wild, untamed animal as yourself.” She said that and then walked into the cabin to probably change her clothes but not before giving me a dangerous look. She will most likely get back to me just as Kieran said he would.

Kieran kept staring into the woods and he stayed that way till the woman came out with a dress a little too big for her but she didn’t seem to mind. She got on one of the horses and rode through the path that went through the back of the house. She spat at the Kieran’s feet before leaving, the action didn’t move him at all and when she was out of sight, he looked away from the woods and went into the cabin. He didn’t even look towards my direction, I thought of apologizing for my reckless behavior but thought otherwise as it wasn’t my fault. He was keeping too many secrets and if those men had captured us because of his inability to control his urges, it would have been a different story all together. I waited for sometime before going into the cabin too, I found him searching through the things of the men, looking for something that could tell us something about them. He searched everything but he couldn’t find anything meaningful. He left the cabin and started opening the clothes of the dead men, checking their skin and hairs hoping to find something but surprisingly, these men were clean. No cuts or drawings were found on them which were quite unusual; he slumped to the ground out of frustration.

I kept quiet all through his search, I tried helping him once but he forcefully took the bag I was looking through from me which meant he was still angry. He stood up after sitting on the ground for a while and went towards one of the horses. He mounted it and waited a signal that I should get on it. I mounted the horse too and he rode through the same path the woman followed. He stopped when he got to our horse and asked me to come down. He spoke this time which made me happy. I mounted mine and started riding slowly along with him, smiling as I remembered when he vowed that he was surely getting another horse; he does keep to his promises. We rode at a slow pace for quite some time and I wondered why he was doing so.

“The woman is no wh0re, she is a gordond and they are only loyal to the mad king. If she wanted me, she would have gotten me a long time ago and must have killed you to get to me. I wasn’t certain until a while ago, she has been asked to tail us, so for now she is not a threat. I don’t have any feelings for her, so stop worrying about that. She is still alive because she is not a threat, the moment she becomes one, I will kill her myself.” He said suddenly. I knew she was working for the mad king but a gordond, I honestly didn’t know that. This explains why Kieran didn’t want me to meet her as I could have used magic against her and end up hurting or even killing myself. He had his reasons but then he should have told me something, what was that when he said I should stop worrying about who he fvcks, I honestly don’t care.

“Don’t flatter yourself too much, I don’t care who you put your c.ock into.” He smiled after I said that and then picked up pace. Why does he think I am lying, I really don’t care or do I? I asked myself as I hit my horse to go faster.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:08pm On May 16, 2016
zelaws:

Post from my son.

King Solomon I love yourmethod. Each character is giving their own part of the story. It's so detailed.
But Harrison featured like a flash. Suggest you have included the scene where merifisius met him just to gave him a longer span.

Happy birthday slimsue!
... .... Waoh!!... I never knew you had a son or kids.... Lol... It's good to know.... I will do as you have suggested,..... Thanks for reading....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.