Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons (20127 Views)

Senator Biodun Olujimi Orders Slapping Of National Assembly Staff Over Lift / House Of Reps Summons Ibe Kachikwu Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / House Summons CG Prisons Over Female Rep’s Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by OKDnigeria: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
The House of Representatives on Thursday summoned the Minister of Interior, Lt-Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazzau(retd), and the Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Prisons Service, Mr. Peter Ekpendu, over an alleged assault on a female member of the House.
The the incident took place on Wednesday close to the exit gate of the National Assembly when the female lawmaker from Delta State, Mrs. Onyemachi Mrukpor, was driving out of the premises.
Security aides attached to the convoy of Ekpendu allegedly descended on her and slapped her for overtaking the convoy of the CG.
The CG was said to have visited the National Assembly and was also driving out of the legislative building when the beating took place.
Lawmakers claimed that Ekpendu, a very senior government official, merely sat in his car and watched as his aides pummelled the female member. They alleged that he did nothing to stop his aides.
A motion on the incident, which was moved by the Minority Leader of the House, Mr. Leo Ogor, was unanimously endorsed by members at Thursday’s session presided over by the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara.
The House noted, “The member was battered under the watch of the CG of prisons.
Her offence was that she overtook the convoy of the CG within the premises of the National Assembly.
“The CG of prisons is invited to explain why he should not be committed to prison in violation of Section 16 of the Legislative Houses, Powers and Privileges Act.”
The law stipulates a penalty of N400,000 fine or a prison term of six months on conviction for an attack on a legislator within the premises of a legislative house.
The resolution was later amended to include Danbazzau, who was asked to appear before the House Committee on Interior.
The Ministry of Interior is the supervisory minister of the Nigerian Prisons Service.
The committee, which is chaired by an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Kaduna State, Mr. Adams Jagaba, is to produce a report on Tuesday, next week.
The House Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, while contributing to the debate, informed the House that Mrukpor called him immediately the alleged assault took place to make a report.
“She called me and she was crying. I have not seen a thing like this before.
“This is the time we need to rally behind her not just as a member but as a woman.
“This is a clear, straight case; that the attacker is guilty of assault; he is guilty of battery. There is vicarious liability in this case”, Gbajabiamila added.
In addition to Danbazzau and Ekpendu, the House summoned the unit heads of all security agencies posted to the National Assembly to explain the conduct of their men, who reportedly watched as the member was attacked without intervening.
They include the unit heads of the police, Department of State Services, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Sergeant-at-Arms and the Federal Road Safety Corps.

http://www.punchng.com/house-summons-cg-prisons-over-female-reps-assault/

2 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by klassykute(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
good

4 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Tallesty1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Funny how folks have turned this thread to a goodluck vs buhari thread.
Sunnycliff:
I hate showing forth your manliness over a woman! Thats the highest level of irrationality!
Knowing they are weak, there is no need to lay your hands on them!
@emboldened, do they accept that they're weak?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by ziccoit: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
One of them was hit and they started shouting. What about the downtrodden that have been manhandling by the men in uniform everyday in this country? I don't pity this woman, she has only been served the dose of what pubic has been enjoying this while.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Babalegba(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
Animals in uniform are getting their comeuppance at last

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by DeLaRue: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
I thought Gbajabiamila was a so-called lawyer in the USA. How could he claim '... the attacker is guilty of assault; he is guilty of battery.'

He obviously has no problem pronouncing someone guilty without investigation of facts, charge and trial.

7 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Oche211(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ok
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by OKDnigeria: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
Those security men shld be punished for battering a woman.

But this thing happen on daily basis. Our security agents take special delight in maltreating ordinary Nigerians.

i hope d house is not reacting like dis because one of their own is the victim. They shld also fight for many others who have nobody to speak for them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by EdCure: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
The CG obviously thought this was the GEJ days where a police commissioner can blatantly assault a sitting governor and still gets speedy promotion.
He should be relieved of his job immediately. His being Igbo makes his case much worse before Buhari.

30 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by jaymichael(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
The CG and the officers involved should be recommended for removal from office . They should also be charged for assault. If Lawmakers are not safe within the grounds of the house, where will they be safe again.
The CG and his boys get mind o. I will be disappointed in the Legislature if they take this lightly. A bloody korofo can just walk up to the Speaker or Senate president during plenary to whoze am slap if this matter is not handled properly. This matter should get to the presidency.
Can the CG and his boys try that in Aso Rock?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by BushidoBlue(m): 5:47am On Apr 22, 2016
EdCure:
The CG obviously thought this was the GEJ days where a police commissioner can blatantly assault a sitting governor and still gets speedy promotion.
He should be relieved of his job immediately. His being Igbo makes his case much worse before Buhari.

I'm sure the guy thinks this is 2014 in your eyes right?
When it's the end of Buhari's 1st year and you still blaming and reference Jonathan for what happens, it means you and the APC still leave in delusion.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by slimfit1(m): 6:35am On Apr 22, 2016
We recommend him to be sacked to teach others a lesson. Even if she was at fault that is not the right way to deal with the situation. If the man doesn't loss his job we are finished in this country.

1 Like

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by lilprinze: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2016
The CG and the officers involved should be sent to sambisa

1 Like

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by EdCure: 6:53am On Apr 22, 2016
BushidoBlue:
I'm sure the guy thinks this is 2014 in your eyes right?
When it's the end of Buhari's 1st year and you still blaming and reference Jonathan for what happens, it means you and the APC still leave in delusion.
Unlike you, I have a sharp memory. I doubt if you can even remember the most widely publicised events that happened barely 24 hours ago.

You loutish wailers criticise this administration for everything. But you start whining as soon as you are forced to remember how worse Jonathan did.
Calling you a hypnotic, irrational hypocrite is an unmerited compliment.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by youngeagle(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2016
Thank God it happened to one of theirs,Nigerians hve bn suffering from those animals in Uniform since the days of Fela
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by 100Cents: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Okay. grin

Refer.

FirstusCommentus. They cant stop my shine..

https://www.nairaland.com/3062641/house-summons-cg-prisons-over#44926846

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Sunnycliff(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
I hate showing forth your manliness over a woman! Thats the highest level of irrationality!

Knowing they are weak, there is no need to lay your hands on them!
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Lilimax(f): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
Lawlessness every where embarassed
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by jazinogold(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
THEY WAN ASK AM IF NA IGBATI OR IFOTI DEM GIVE THE REP MEMBER grin grin grin

When Man 'O' War slap me...no body summon the guy o! na even me dy summon say why i no run after he slap me the first time. sad grin

6 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by lonelydora: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
The thing about Nigerians is when they are giving small power, they misuse it.

Most of these aides and security personnel act on their own and not on boss' order, thereby giving their boss a bad name. The prison staff may have acted on his own.

Now to the house member...... Never overtake a convoy when you are sure you cannot overtake all the cars. It's not advisable to enter in between cars in a convoy. My one kobo.

1 Like

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by babyfaceafrica: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
If them slap ordinarily Nigerians now,will they summon anybody,because she is a female lawmaker,they are talking mtchew....thunder fire all of them including the lawmaker!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by misscall247: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2016
it depend on her offence.......don't b surprise dat she deserve more than 1slap wen d case is reviewed...."all dis our lawless lawmakers"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Mopolchi: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2016
She dey form madam rep where the man dey.
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Dottore: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2016
Ok
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by millionboi(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2016
Picture or video of the slap please
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Mayorsholly(m): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Clueless dogs who don't know their Job...
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by YungMike(m): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Where is Linda Ikeji

1 Like

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Project400: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2016
That's good. We are running a country, not a jungle.
Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2016
We actually need to hear the custom boss' side of the story.

When women narrate stories, that almost always exaggerate. Albeit, no man should slap a woman.

3 Likes

Re: For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons by ojosyodion: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2016
good of them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Recruited Drug Addicts, Thieves Into IPOB - Ndukwe Ikoh / Acho Ihim: Imo Speaker Escapes With Mace As Lawmakers Suspend Him / "MMM Better Than APGA Led Government - A Civil Servant Victim" (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.