Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs (36120 Views)

Andrew Ogbuja Arrested For Raping Housemaid (Benue State Polytechnic Lecturer) / Another IMSU Student Murdered By Suspected Cultists In Owerri. Graphic Pics / SS1 Student Murdered In Yobe State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Wazobia12(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2016
Omg wat a waste in dat Cambodia called rivers state
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by pureHoney2: 10:03am On Apr 22, 2016
How ppl take life is beyond me. RIP to the dead
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Btruth: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2016
CastedDude:
this is not good...why must there be bloodshed
.....hummmm! the same question on my mind. But to those that is doing this terrible things, let me clear to you that "those that kill, will also be killed by sword someday" it's karma thing.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

It has always been like that. The only reason people are beginning to realise it now is because of social media. I lived and worked there in the early 2000's and believe me when i tell you that it was hell on earth. Everyone there is basically a thug. Even the women. To give you an example; a friend of mine saw this chick he liked and decided to toast her. She went back home and told all her brothers and they all trooped to his office demanding he pay ten thousand Naira as penalty for toasting their sister without permission. 10K in those days was a lot money. He had no choice but to pay to avoid embarrassment. The fear of an Ekwere girl is the beginning of wisdom. There, ladies and gentlemen is their power in Rivers state. Extortion and the mob mentality. Countless times we would have the so called youths come to our office to demand that we employ them or they burn down the place even though they were not qualified. Another example; Every local govt would print out stickers which you had to buy in order to operate a branded vehicle as a sales rep. So, to operate in Rumuola you need a set totally different from the ones in Rumuokoro. And these didn't come cheap. It is either you pay or you were held hostage and your vehicle possibly impounded. I remember spending about 100k in one year and i got audited because of it. My company didn't believe me until the auditor came personally and witnessed the horrors i had to go through just to do my job. The auditor later told me that there was no way in hell he could do what i did. I asked for a transfer as soon as the audit was done, just to get back at them and resigned when they didn't. I already had another job lined up. grin grin
you've not told the full story maybe your friend almost raped the lady,that will be the reason the brothers. Decided the storm his office and demand for money,or he toasted an underage girl. I am an Ikwerre man and I've seen the havoc ur type can do
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by banmee(m): 10:08am On Apr 22, 2016
MadCow1:

You are talking about thugs and touts.. Yes that one has always been there.

Now its broad daylight kidnapping, broad daylight Robberies and Broad daylight assassinations.

Bro's it has always been like that since the 2000's. Abacha and OBJ were the main reasons. When Saro Wiwa got killed something changed in Rivers state and militancy began. Obj made it worse by playing strange bed fellows the militants and a lot of the youths began to see how easy it was to get paid, so they began to kidnap and take hostages.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by banmee(m): 10:12am On Apr 22, 2016
achinice:
you've not told the full story maybe your friend almost raped the lady,that will be the reason the brothers. Decided the storm his office and demand for money,or he toasted an underage girl. I am an Ikwerre man and I've seen the havoc ur type can do

You are right. I have not told the whole story. What about the other stories i told, were they incomplete too?
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by MadCow1: 10:13am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

Bro's it has always been like that since the 2000's. Abacha and OBJ were the main reasons. When Saro Wiwa got killed something changed in Rivers state and militancy began. Obj made it worse by playing strange bed fellows the militants and a lot of the youths began to see how easy it was to get paid, so they began to kidnap and take hostages.

OBJ! Bed fellow with militants? Are you sure of what you are saying?

Do you remember who obliterated Odi Community for killing just 21 policemen in an Ambush?

Recheck your facts hommie. OBJ never negotiated with any known terrorists.

O!! And there has always been foolishness from communities in Rivers State. Especially the Ikwerres. But that said, Port Harcourt was a very safe city with relatively very low crime numbers. Now though, that shit has changed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by zudozz: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2016
the world was not like this when we were growing up...In fact we see picture like this maybe twice a year..but now like 5 times everyday..with ISIS Boko Haram etc...Bomb blast murders killings....ritual killings.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Wazobia12(m): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

Since democracy ameachis tenure was the most peaceful except for borokiri which could never have peace guns went away from rivers state cos ameachi didn't hide his hatred and disdain for odilis militants. Tru out odili never came back home now enter wike the day mama peace made a statement on national tv in abuja dat she was handing wike over to odili to take back rivers i just knew it was time to relocate. As long as militants remain house of assembly members in that state am afraid it will remain violent or worse.

1 Like

Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by techJ: 10:17am On Apr 22, 2016
According to reliable reports making the rounds, a prominent political figure in Rivers state was murdered on Thursday by thugs in Nukpor Village, Bua-Yeghe, Gokana Local Government Area. The man had reportedly petitioned All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in the state about threat to his life by last month before he was murdered gruesomely today. May his soul rest in peace....

nnachukz:
APC a deadly party. Conglomeration of evil people.

nnachukz, Is it your hatred for the APC that influenced your comprehension ability or... let me stop here so it won't be seen as an insult.

Read the emboldened again for proper understanding.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Cutemi(f): 10:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
See as prick take collect this young gal life..
As for the man, he must ve double crossed an Eze Mmuo..

May God Almighty help you ,u need help.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by yoged(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2016
Terrible world . Human being are heartless.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by banmee(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2016
MadCow1:

OBJ! Bed fellow with militants? Are you sure of what you are saying?

Do you remember who obliterated Odi Community for killing just 21 policemen in an Ambush?

Recheck your facts hommie. OBJ never negotiated with any known terrorists.

Ever heard of Asari Dokubo? Have you forgotten how OBJ flew him to Aso Rock to Negotiate? And you might wanna revise your knowledge of what going on in ND. Where or who do you think began amnesty allowance payments. How do you think they arrived at that if not through negotiations. And i never said anything about terrorists; I SAID MILITANTS.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by pulsa(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Donariok:
All younger ones + cousins will not hear . don't fill any PH uni in your jamb form o. dey won't listen.
brother i love uniport.
brother i love Rsust.

as soon as I get home today, I must take em all to go and do change of uni
better do pls, that rsust na him worse pass, the school where every argument is settled with a gunshot, where no one allows anyone stand behind them for fear of attack.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by MadCow1: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

Ever heard of Asari Dokubo? Have you forgotten how OBJ flew him to Aso Rock to Negotiate? And you might wanna revise your knowledge of what going on in ND. Where or who do you think began amnesty allowance payments. How do you think they arrived at that if not through negotiations. And i never said anything about terrorists; I SAID MILITANTS.

Militants, Terrorists.. Same difference.

I don't remember Obasanjo paying Mlitants a dime. The Amnesty Programme started with Late President Yaradua Shehu.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by pulsa(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2016
tritt:

And what will you call Benue State?
The valley of herdsmen.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by chikel2000(m): 10:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Nixiepie:
LmA0,why shouldn't I be a man u fan?
was thinking u shld em em em
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

You are right. I have not told the whole story. What about the other stories i told, were they incomplete too?

from your stories its called Revenue generation and that explains why Obio/akpor is the 2nd richest local govt in the whole of Nigeria. We have laws in every society we find ourselves maybe you broke a traffic law warrantng them to have impounded your car....you brake a law there's always a fine to it.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by banmee(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Militants, Terrorists.. Same difference.

I don't remember Obasanjo paying Mlitants a dime. The Amnesty Programme started with Late President Yaradua Shehu.

What you remember and what are realities are two different things.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by pulsa(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Gradually? grin grin grin grin

Nigga Please.. grin

Rivers State in the Valley of the Shadows of death and the rivers are flowing with Blood.

The State is officially finished.

I have not been out to any club or bar at night in Port Harcourt for almost 1 year now. You cant catch me outside my house in Port Harcourt by 7:30pm.

My family is not even in Rivers State at all..

Below are the examples of Security Alerts I get almost daily in Port harcourt.. Notice the second text is dated yesterday. Also Pay attention to the Time. 1:30 pm.. A Robbery on Olu Obasanjo Road, Less than 2 Kilometers from a Divisional Police headquarters. grin

Port harcourt is a city of barbarians and River State is flowing with Blood..
Remain small make them turn am to war zone finnish, make un post troops there.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Kunlegzy(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Na to just avoid this state like poo...Human Life seem nothing to them!
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Tiskified(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2016
I live in Rivers State abd the level of political intolerance I see in the state is baffling. This is not about anyone party.

No one party is better than the other. There is continuous hardline blood curdling propaganda aimed at decimating opposition.

The average Rivers man in my experience is fun-loving and peaceful, but throw in politics and it's a different person you see all together.

My condolences are with the families of the deceased.
Such wanton waste of human lives!

1 Like

Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by persius555(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Rivers of blood. Thought election is over. They just cant stop killing.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by banmee(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2016
achinice:
from your stories its called Revenue generation and that explains why Obio/akpor is the 2nd richest local govt in the whole of Nigeria. We have laws in every society we find ourselves maybe you broke a traffic law warrantng them to have impounded your car....you brake a law there's always a fine to it.

Ignorance is deadly. in what universe do you live in where you think it is ok to generate revenue using touts and also taxing multiple times for the same service. Never mind. Don't answer that. You are an Ekwere man. It is normal.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2016
I hate that city.... whenever anything comes up in PH for me to do, I immediately jumpampass...
RIP to the dead...

BTW..... that's a fugly cake in the last pic..... who make am?
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by MadCow1: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

What you remember and what are realities are two different things.

If you say so.. undecided
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Bobbysmart6(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2016
OmG! Blood flowing evrywere.d young grl alxo share wit hz death.RIP embarassed
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by MadCow1: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2016
achinice:

The Ikwerre People of Obio Akpor are the laziest people I have ever seen.

Second richest was yonkers ago, not today. The criminality employed in the revenue drive is what has bred the criminal roaming the streets of Port Harcourt today. You don't kill a business just because you want to raise revenue. Revenue which the LGA does fhuck all with.
Atleast go and see what Ikeja LGA has done with all the Monies they make in Revenue. Same for Eti-Osa.

The Ikwerre people are the biggest contributors to all that is wrong with Rivers State. No disrespect.

All the sources of revenue generation involves forcibly taking it from the people by any means necessary including kidnapping, abductions, confiscating merchandises and properties of the Revenue payer. The names of the revenues keep getting more ridiculous as the day goes by. That is why industries and businesses are fast closing up shop and moving to Ibadan and Lagos State where the business climate is more friendly. Port Harcourt business is mostly stores and shop business.

Ever wondered why skyscrapers dont fill up the skyline of Rivers State like they are in Lagos? Who wants to open a business only to get daily constant harassment from community touts who see your business as their source of income.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by mark3009(m): 10:46am On Apr 22, 2016
achinice:
You ate the one living in denial. Rivers is a very violent place with a lot of armed thugs.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by mark3009(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

Did OBJ not jail Asari dokubo? Check ur fact s and stop revising history. Amnesty started under former president Musa yar adua.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by mark3009(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2016
banmee:

Did OBJ not jail Asari dokubo? Check ur facts and stop revising history. Amnesty started under former president Musa yar adua.
Re: Ken-Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Lecturer & Student Murdered By Political Thugs by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:56am On Apr 22, 2016
am always among the first people to profess my love for nigeria but slowly am hating this country. I hope things turn around for better soon if not if I get the slightest chance I will be forced to abandon this country. this is very sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Raping Two Sisters, Aged 5 And 7 In Bauchi (Photo) / Mob Burns Bikes After Fatal Accident At Jakande Estate, Isolo, Lagos. / Fulani Herdsmen Cut Off Man"s Hand In Edo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.