Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? (8577 Views)

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by ademoladeji(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jazak'Allah Khaeran OP... You've cleared my thought with this thread.

As a person, I pray to God to give me a Godfearing wife so I may seek Al-Jannah through her. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Yankelaptops: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Empire sounds like a fool that is happy about wife beating. Why are you calling women a bi-tch, is it that men don't sin every day against Allah, so will you call yourself a Bi-tch for sinning against Allah or are you claiming to be Sin Free?

Any man that goes beyond what Allah has prescribed for beating, will account for it and may end up giving the "said bi-tch wife" some of his good deeds on the day of judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 3:46am On Sep 09, 2016
Yankelaptops:
Empire sounds like a fool that is happy about wife beating. Why are you calling women a bi-tch, is it that men don't sin every day against Allah, so will you call yourself a Bi-tch for sinning against Allah or are you claiming to be Sin Free?

Any man that goes beyond what Allah has prescribed for beating, will account for it and may end up giving the "said bi-tch wife" some of his good deeds on the day of judgement.

Since you ready it wrong, i dont think there is much to say to you, sorry.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
The question is does wife-beating resolve marital conflict? undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 12:10am On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
The question is does wife-beating resolve marital conflict? undecided
it doesn't.

And the "beating" as described is exergerated. According to Quran, to beat your wife has nothing to do with doing household shores. It has to do with the deen. Like if she is lazy to pray, not knowing her whereabout when she goes out, promiscuous etc.

Fact is, obedient wife won't even go close to these things. That's why the verse goes further to describe good wife. A wife has to be thug and heedless to go through beating.

Remember same goes around. There are bad niggas lipsrsealed
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2016
Subhanallah...kai!!!
Well truth b told women hav always bn on d receivn end,cuz men hv dt physical strngth dey lack,so wedr d man is being rebellious or d woman is being rebellious,all join,d woman wud suffer,its funny how d theoretical facts differ frm wat hapns practically..In theory her obedience shud b about d "deen",practically we sure as hell know dat aint true undecided women r being abused evryday by men,beaten,raped n wat hav u if she dusnt du d man's bidding n den d same men wud use dese hadiths n verses as justificatn....:a man wud nt b axed y he beats hs wife...so wat happens to rebellious men? Does beatn help in any way? Its soo appalling ..someone evn calln a rebellious woman a b!t€h......wat is written in d books r nt wat happens practically....its jst sad
May Allah spare us frm evil spouses,amen

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 4:25am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

You are right. Unless there is a very strong and justice system in place, it is forever gonna be like this. Me personally, i still dont know what's gonna make me beat my wife really. I feel uncomfortable with it. When it comes to men abusing women, it is universal thing. Not only in nija. It is just the way it is. Truly, it is supposed to be about the deen but a lot of men today would beat their women for anything.

You can't blame that on text. Blame the man.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 5:23am On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
You are right. Unless there is a very strong and justice system in place, it is forever gonna be like this. Me personally, i still dont know what's gonna make me beat my wife really. I feel uncomfortable with it. When it comes to men abusing women, it is universal thing. Not only in nija. It is just the way it is. Truly, it is supposed to be about the deen but a lot of men today would beat their women for anything.

You can't blame that on text. Blame the man.

Wasnt blamn d text,was jst highlightn practical facts,d truth is :d same physical strength God gav men so as to protect women is d same one ironicaly dt men use to batter women up
lets face d fact,giving a human,n i mean any human,male or female, giving any human a sense of power or authority over anoda kindles pride psychologicaly by 5% in some sort,n dts a FACT! It definitely alters ur psyche. N with pride cums a couple behavioral msconducts.
All am sayn is advocatn dese tns shud b done wt exteme care,leave d buks,how has it helped?it hasnt bn helpn n wudnt help,esp. D female folks.
For a woman 2 b insecured wt som1, being conscious of d fact dt if she does rong hes goin hit ha
cuz hes strnger dn ha is enuf mental torture,n idealy ds is sm1 she shud feel utter safety wt.
N to start wt if shes truly rebellious beatngs wud hardly help cuz dose ones tend to retaliate grin ,call dt *armagedon series* in ur home, sadly d meek ones suffer d same fate...jst b careful wat u spread

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

Wasnt blamn d text,was jst highlightn practical facts,d truth is :d same physical strength God gav men so as to protect women is d same one ironicaly dt men use to batter women up
lets face d fact,giving a human,n i mean any human,male or female, giving any human a sense of power or authority over anoda kindles pride psychologicaly by 5% in some sort,n dts a FACT! It definitely alters ur psyche. N with pride cums a couple behavioral msconducts.
All am sayn is advocatn dese tns shud b done wt exteme care,leave d buks,how has it helped?it hasnt bn helpn n wudnt help,esp. D female folks.
For a woman 2 b insecured wt som1, being conscious of d fact dt if she does rong hes goin hit ha
cuz hes strnger dn ha is enuf mental torture,n idealy ds is sm1 she shud feel utter safety wt.
N to start wt if shes truly rebellious beatngs wud hardly help cuz dose ones tend to retaliate grin ,call dt *armagedon series* in ur home, sadly d meek ones suffer d same fate...jst b careful wat u spread

You said "leave the books" if I may ask what books? Because in this context its the Qur'an and sunnah we talking about.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 6:29am On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
it doesn't.

And the "beating" as described is exergerated. According to Quran, to beat your wife has nothing to do with doing household shores. It has to do with the deen. Like if she is lazy to pray, not knowing her whereabout when she goes out, promiscuous etc.

Fact is, obedient wife won't even go close to these things. That's why the verse goes further to describe good wife. A wife has to be thug and heedless to go through beating.

Remember same goes around. There are bad niggas lipsrsealed
Good.

So a situation where the husband possess bad behavior, he's the one causing marital conflict, what should the wife do according to Sharee'a ruling?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 7:14am On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You said "leave the books" if I may ask what books? Because in this context its the Qur'an and sunnah we talking about.

O yes i meant the books,n nt in any derogatory way man
D "books" were to emphasize d laws n rulings in theory compared to how tns r done practically
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

O yes i meant the books,n nt in any derogatory way man
D "books" were to emphasize d laws n rulings in theory compared to how tns r done practically

These rulings are in the ahadith(with proper explanations), so we can't leave the books.

This is the ruling from past to present and it is a consensus, the prophet informed us that the ummah is infallible on consensus, because Allaah will not allow the ummah agree on misguidance.

When I opened this thread I wasn't aware of the proper ruling.

Like the brother said, blame the man not the text, things are being malpracticed in all aspects not only in this case, theory says this, people practice that, anyone that does anything contra to the sharee'ah ruling is on his own, that's the point.

Which is why sisters are adviced to marry someone knowledgeable or someone willing to learn, don't marry primarily for looks, money or fame, all those are secondary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2016
Observing
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

These rulings are in the ahadith(with proper explanations), so we can't leave the books.

This is the ruling from past to present and it is a consensus, the prophet informed us that the ummah is infallible on consensus, because Allaah will not allow the ummah agree on misguidance.

When I opened this thread I wasn't aware of the proper ruling.

Like the brother said, blame the man not the text, things are being malpracticed in all aspects not only in this case, theory says this, people practice that, anyone that does anything contra to the sharee'ah ruling is on is own, that's the point.

Which is why sisters are adviced to marry someone knowledgeable or someone willing to learn, don't marry primarily for looks, money or fame, all those are secondary.

Hmnn..kabeer,mayb u dnt get my point.leme gv analogous example. I understnd a husbnd shud takia of hs wife financialy acordin to sharee'ah n shud incase "life" happens n hes bankrupt or dsabled,n cnt nymre meet ha needs,she has accordn to shareeah rite to leave hm based on dt sole reason. Nw i knw of a practical e.g in life wia my lovn uncle tuk kia of hs wife untl an automoble axidnt hapnd wia he broke hs leg,ds same wife showed in al ramificatns hw bad she wnted to leave hm,my uncle was tortured mentaly evn mre dn d trauma hs axidnt causd hm...fo ova yr! tho she was wt hm,he was appalled by her,Alhamdulilah hes gud now n she got in ha senses ryt bfre tym.
If she had left cuz she cudnt cope,its no sin accordn to d books,bt u&i knw say woman wey go do dah kind tn no try ooo.
Ds is wia instinctual abilities cum to play,we r "higher animals " n best of Allah's creatures...it boils down to:Is it right to do so? *instnct*...n WaLlaHi bro so long as nt doin wat d books hav axd u to du at such situatns wudnt cause u to SIN..den its betr fo u Maa sha Allah esp. Wen dealing in kindness to others
Marry a learned persn or sm1 wilin 2learn? It dusnt evn cum to play,dey r d suposedly ones usin d hadeeths n verse to back up wt dey du.
Leave d books n i dnt mean it derogatory,Allah knows
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2016
The sisters should know that hitting isn't the main thing, but the psychological effect it will have not the light hitting itself, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Forsake her in her bed, and if she mends her ways (this is good), but if not, then Allaah has given permission for you to hit her in a way that is not painful.

You ladies might wanna see this:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/learn-islam-short-courses/marital-conflict-and-their-islamic-solution-class-7-better-halfbetter-life-etiqu/663670763685234/

AGAIN DO NOT BLAME THE TEXT, BLAME THE MAN ON WHOSE PART WE FIND MALPRACTICE, BUT TRYING TO BRUSH AWAY WHAT ALLAAH SAID IN THE QUR'AN IS VEHEMENTLY FROWNED AT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

Hmnn..kabeer,mayb u dnt get my point.leme gv analogous example. I understnd a husbnd shud takia of hs wife financialy acordin to sharee'ah n shud incase "life" happens n hes bankrupt or dsabled,n cnt nymre meet ha needs,she has accordn to shareeah rite to leave hm based on dt sole reason. Nw i knw of a practical e.g in life wia my lovn uncle tuk kia of hs wife untl an automoble axidnt hapnd wia he broke hs leg,ds same wife showed in al ramificatns hw bad she wnted to leave hm,my uncle was tortured mentaly evn mre dn d trauma hs axidnt causd hm...fo ova yr! tho she was wt hm,he was appalled by her,Alhamdulilah hes gud now n she got in ha senses ryt bfre tym.
If she had left cuz she cudnt cope,its no sin accordn to d books,bt u&i knw say woman wey go do dah kind tn no try ooo.
Ds is wia instinctual abilities cum to play,we r "higher animals " n best of Allah's creatures...it boils down to:Is it right to do so? *instnct*...n WaLlaHi bro so long as nt doin wat d books hav axd u to du at such situatns wudnt cause u to SIN..den its betr fo u Maa sha Allah esp. Wen dealing in kindness to others
Marry a learned persn or sm1 wilin 2learn? It dusnt evn cum to play,dey r d suposedly ones usin d hadeeths n verse to back up wt dey du.
Leave d books n i dnt mean it derogatory,Allah knows

I get what you are trying to say, believe me i do, but our intellect can never supersede that of Allaah, he knows why he gave those steps, Allaah is Al-Azeez wal Hakeem.

And knowledge comes to play because for us to curb malpractices of the theory, people have to be enlightened.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I get what you are trying to say, believe me i do, but our intellect can never supersede that of Allaah, he knows why he gave those steps, Allaah is Al-Azeez wal Hakeem.

And knowledge comes to play because for us to curb malpractices of the theory, people have to be enlightened.

Subhanallah,laa hawla walaa kuwwata!!!
Bro kabeer i was in no way n wud neva in any way compare mere human intellect wt Allah's . I urge u nt to compromise d msg im tryn to pas acrox...we hav brains to use evn wen d laws r dere so long as deviatn frm d laws wudnt throw u in HELL like i said earlier.
Wen d sahabas in d battle of uhud left dier suposedly posts wich caused d breech dt made dem lose d battle Allah told dem clearly dt it was cause of dier "WILL" dt such tn hapnd(i.e dsobedience) ds clearly points out dt Allah,d most Wise gave us "brains"n "will" dt He is aware of n is expectn us to use in d ryt manner
Pls dnt twist my words
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

Subhanallah,laa hawla walaa kuwwata!!!
Bro kabeer i was in no way n wud neva in any way compare mere human intellect wt Allah's . I urge u nt to compromise d msg im tryn to pas acrox...we hav brains to use evn wen d laws r dere so long as deviatn frm d laws wudnt throw u in HELL like i said earlier.
Wen d sahabas in d battle of uhud left dier suposedly posts wich caused d breech dt made dem lose d battle Allah told dem clearly dt it was cause of dier "WILL" dt such tn hapnd(i.e dsobedience) ds clearly points out dt Allah,d most Wise gave us "brains"n "will" dt He is aware of n is expectn us to use in d ryt manner
Pls dnt twist my words

Sister I think you should give him the benefit of doubt. I don't think he was trying to twist your words. What I understood from what he posted was that we shouldn't be blaming the Qur'an when it's people who aren't following it properly.Yes, there are men who try to use the Qur'an to justify domestic violence but it is a misinterpretation from their side. Striking the wife shouldn't be done harshly or cause harm, rather it should be as light as striking with a siwak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
Good.

So a situation where the husband possess bad behavior, he's the one causing marital conflict, what should the wife do according to Sharee'a ruling?
Obviously women are weak physically vs men. It is fool!sh of a woman to engage with him physically as she can badly get hurt.

She can simply go to court (get authority involved) to address the issue. Please understand the verse of Qur'an in wide context. Qur'an simply puts men ahead base on their physical and social responsibilities placed on them and are expected to live up to that. (4:34) It is not saying it is a MUST to beat women.

Fact is, if you live in a country where hitting your wife is considered "domestic violence" and punishable offence, it is not mandatory to hit or beat your wife in that case. Either side can simply consult marriage counselor. And as I said earlier, the condition for beating women has nothing to do with doing household things or mere worldly matters. It is about the deen. If you take her to court for not praying in Western world, you have no case. They can simply tell you it is her freedom if she choose not to. Husband may simply divorce her if her situation doesnt change rather than beating cus it wont change anything. In Africa today, it is definitely not about deen anymore. They beat for whatever reason. That's not what Qur'an is saying.

I think I see this issue different from how you see it.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
Obviously women are weak physical vs men. It is fool!sh of a woman to engage with him physical as she can badly get hurt.
Sorry I disagree here.

There are cases where the wife beat up the husband and even kill the man. I use to believe all women are weak but from the news and reports I read lately some women are like John Cena. lipsrsealed

She can simply go to court (get authority involved) to address the issue. Please understand the verse of Qur'an in wide context. Qur'an simply puts men ahead base on their physical and social responsibilities placed on them and are expected to live up to that. (4:34) It is not saying it is a MUST to beat women.
@bolded, can the husband also involve court(authorities) if vice versa is the case?

Fact is, if you live in a country where hitting your wife is considered "domestic violence" and punishable offence, it is not mandatory to hit or beat your wife in that case. Either side can simply consult marriage counselor. And as I said earlier, the condition for beating women has nothing to do with doing household things or mere worldly matters. It is about the deen. If you take her to court for not praying in Western world, you have no case. They can simply tell you it is her freedom if she choose not to. Husband may simply divorce her if her situation doesnt change rather than beating cus it wont change anything. In Africa today, it is definitely not about deen anymore. They beat for whatever reason. That's not what Qur'an is saying.

I think I see this issue different from how you see it.
I understand you clearly here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

I understand what you mean. That's why Qur'an says it is addressing men of understanding. A man who exercises his physical power to abuse women is different from what Qur'an is saying. I dont have problem with what I am defending here. But i think you see it different.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Contact17:

Sister I think you should give him the benefit of doubt. I don't think he was trying to twist your words. What I understood from what he posted was that we shouldn't be blaming the Qur'an when it's people who aren't following it properly.Yes, there are men who try to use the Qur'an to justify domestic violence but it is a misinterpretation from their side. Striking the wife shouldn't be done harshly or cause harm, rather it should be as light as striking with a siwak.

"Our intellect can never supersed dat of Allah"...in hs words
N wat i neva did was make a comparison
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
Sorry I disagree here.

There are cases where the wife beat up the husband and even kill the man. I use to believe all women are weak but from the news and reports I read lately some women are like John Cena. lipsrsealed
Lol...dont let Cena see this. grin Yea, truly there are now masculine women. But we have to ignore that and base this subject on verse of Qur'an. I read lately how women beat up their husbands. Just read one yesterday. But we cant deny that naturally men are stronger than women. If you go into medical field, they will tell you this as well.

@bolded, can the husband also involve court(authorities) if vice versa is the case?
Absolutely! we have men with chicken bones. They dont have the strength. We also have men who simply dont want to get in trouble with the Law so they rather go to court than touch her.

I understand you clearly here.
Good
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 11, 2016
Contact17:

jazaka Allaah! hope you are fasting?

demmzy15 you nko?

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

I wasn't trying to twist your words but giving my understanding of your comment.....

anyways I believe you understand my own message, the sister above already got me...

salaam.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 11, 2016
Ssthorm:

I see where you are coming from, but it I don't think it was meant to accuse you of making a comparison. It might have just been a harmless statement.

Sister, on a side note, I applaud your swift reaction to clear things out. It goes to show that your intention was sincere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

demmzy15 you nko?

Yeah I am. Alhamdulliah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Demmzy15(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

demmzy15 you nko?
نعم، but the awe don dey hold me o!
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
Lol...dont let Cena see this. grin Yea, truly their are now masculine women. But we have to ignore that and base this subject on verse of Qur'an. I read lately how women beat up their husbands. Just read one yesterday. But we cant deny that naturally men are stronger than women. If you go into medical field, they will tell you this as well.

Absolutely! we have men with chicken bones. They dont have the strength. We also have men who simply dont want to get in trouble with the Law so they rather go to court than touch her.

Good
Good.

The reason I asked does questions is for non-muslims who are reading or will come across this thread beacuse they wont understand, this thread will give their references on tagging Islam a sexism religion and support domestic violence on women.

I think the OP post is even better as some scholars have that same interpretation of the verse.

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Ssthorm(f): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
May Allah make tns easy fo us in life..jazakallah pple

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Demmzy15:
نعم، but the awe don dey hold me o!

its just after 12 joor....less than 7hrs to go....you too like food jere...undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
Good.

The reason I asked does questions is for non-muslims who are reading or will come across this thread beacuse they wont understand, this thread will give their references on tagging Islam a sexism religion and support domestic violence on women.

I think the OP post is even better as some scholars have that same interpretation of the verse.

that is the exact problem I have with some Muslims here, do you practice Islam for them? that shouldn't be your reason, satisfying non-muslims shouldn't be your aim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Buying A Cat And Rearing It Haram Or Asking For The Price ? Please Click / The Golden 10 Days Of Dhul Hijjah. / What Is The Islamic Ruling On Black Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.