Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos (47786 Views)

Independence Speech By Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa – October 1, 1960 / Throwback Photo Of Tafawa Balewa On The Cover Of Time Magazine / Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by mhunkey: 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beeman1:
RIP sir. Your children/grandchildren are now ruling over those who's there ancestors killed you.

God bless PMB/APC

God bless northern Nigeria

God bless Nigeria.
Yaya ne
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by oilsuop: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beeman1:
RIP sir. Your children/grandchildren are now ruling over those who's there ancestors killed you.

God bless PMB/APC

God bless Nigeria.
my yiiboo friend told me that sadunna was crying like hyena when he ran into his bedroom crying for his life very sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Akshow: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

howfar u don chop abi na so d hunger don hol u reach
btw, who u epp
common sense is indeed not common

1 Like

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by ogwumgbe: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
No wonder Nigeria is stagnant. They should just beg the man for forgiveness
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless PMB/APC

God bless Nigeria.

dnt wory, dey wil soon leave u and to continue rulling urself

3 Likes

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by engrchykae(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Lectuwaire:
The True leader, may ur soul rest in super perfect peace.
the true leader that teamed up with our zik to cause unrest in the western region by rigging shamelessly for Akintola until the soldiers did the needful

1 Like

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Akshow:
OK. I don't think he will be very proud of how his "children and grandchildren" who have ruled have squandered the collective wealth of the nation to enrich themselves and their unborn generations at the mercy of common men like you who still worship them. Ur English though.

apart from the embezzlement dey put us tru, Yoruba will b like if they had known, they wud hav fight to go solo too.by den it will b too late

2 Likes

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by WebSurfer(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
kingarizona1:

I don EPP you, coz if I no post something, you no for quote me get some likes
lol
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by samsam2019: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless PMB/APC

God bless Nigeria.
and still the northern part of Nigeria remains the poorest.

How has your people ruling benefitted you or your life?

Ewu awusa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by orakao8: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by asala1: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
kingarizona1:
angrySo, Who E Don EPP?

Who your father don help? BTW it is HELP, you retard.
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by amtaken(f): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hmnnnnnnnnnnnn

Beeman1:

God bless PMB/APC

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by engrchykae(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
What is the basis of calling Balewa a Hero?
In the first place,when Azikiwe and Chief Awolowo were at the forefront of the independence movement,balewa and bello his godfather never bothered cause they felt ok with the British rule because it preserved their aristocratic status.
These two gave Awolowo and Zik conditions to be part of the independence movement only if the northern region will have 50% majority in the house as you all can still witness today.Awolowo initially refused knowing the longterm implication of such deal but Zik convinced Awolowo citing that its better our brother is ruling us than a whiteman not knowing that the british are paving way for their puppets and i believe that our own zik sold out to the british and posed as a friend to Awolowo while he is an enemy of Nigeria.
Then Zik teamed up with Tafawa Balewa to win the fg elections prior to independence sidelining the western region.
Then Zik and Balewa began to make a political inroad into the western region by first helping disgruntled elements to form the midwest region out of the western region in order to cut Awolowo to size.
As if its not enough,they installed Akintola through shameless rigging gleefully waiting for Awolowo to act and be dealt with and it happened as they planned as riots ensued and state of emergency was declared and chief Awolowo and many of his party members were arrested by the fg led by Zik and Balewa.
With Chief Awolowo in incarceration,Akintola the fg puppet was the premier of the western region.
Balewa through the fatherly advice of Bello gave Akintola a military barack or division at abeokuta to help protect him and deal with his political enemies.
It was in the midst of these dance of shame by supposed founding fathers that the young majors struck.
If only Zik was killed,the ugly scenario that followed wouldn't have followed.
Maybe igbos our brothers leaked the secret to him or the British high commission did,because the British had firsthand information in Nigeria because Akintola heard of the impending coup and travelled to kaduna to see Armadu Bello to warn him of the impending coup but Bello told him that if he .(Akintola) is afraid that he (Bello) will arrange for Akintola to go to Niger as the president of Niger is his good friend.
Then my question is "are ibos the same people that that leaked the info to Akintola?"
Bello believed in his diabolical powers but not knowing that nzeogwu means kingmaker of medicine.
We had only one leader within our shores and he is Chief Awolowo.
Why do you think the majors never touched him?because of his charms?they believed in what he did in the western region and were eager to have him replicate it in the whole of nigeria.ifeajuna and Banjo planned to topple Ojukwu and make Chief Awolowo the prime minister and they were caught and killed.

1 Like

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by kingarizona1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
asala1:

Who your father don help? BTW it is HELP, you retard.

SHuuo!!! Are you related to Tafawa balewa.!?? See the way way just dey carry am for head like say na your ancestor. Even the other guy that quoted me, we ended up laughing bout the issue. Oga sorry o. I'm not the cause of Hardship in this country
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by gowaga68: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
godwinkessi:
Pls click like if u think it's igbos that killed him, click share if u think it's Yorubas that killed him
One of the senseless comments I've seen so far this month.
You try! Make I advice you, if you don't have anything meaningful to say how about scrolling up and down the thread and go to bed?

1 Like

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by gowaga68: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
godwinkessi:
Pls click like if u think it's igbos that killed him, click share if u think it's Yorubas that killed him
One of the senseless comments I've seen so far this month.
You try! Make I advice you, if you don't have anything meaningful to say how about scrolling up and down the thread and go to bed?
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
kingarizona1:
angrySo, Who E Don EPP?
Epp me ask am oh,but who u seff EPP tongue
kingarizona1:
angrySo, Who E Don EPP?
Epp me ask am oh,but who u seff EPP
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by kingarizona1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Grammyz:

Epp me ask am oh,but who u seff EPP tongue
Epp me ask am oh,but who u seff EPP

I don help you coz if to say I no comment on this thread, you for no quote me smiley
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by notoriousbabe: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
I wonder the kind of sound those beds will be making when two legs are up
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by juman(m): 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hmmmmm

Life would end one day for everybody.
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Acebar(m): 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
How far that Pendulum Wall Clock? E be like dem Don sell am. grin grin
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by santino09: 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
MadCow1:
The killing of Tafawa Balewa by Kaduna Nzeogwu was very key to the destruction of Nigeria's unity.
Mad cow! Nzeogwu didn't kill balewa, maybe ifeajuna or someone else
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by hakanai(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
debque:
who remembers DAT sweets called balewa?

in buharis voice..kwantinu to R.I.P

Did u mean alewa? That means candy abi sweets in Hausa. Not Balewa!
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Akshow:
common sense is indeed not common
SNUBBED
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Akshow: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

SNUBBED
ignored.
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
Akshow:
ignored.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Akshow: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2016

Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by henboy01(m): 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
Any attempt to do same for our current Leaders na #Gobe
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by henboy01(m): 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
engrchykae:
What is the basis of calling Balewa a Hero?
In the first place,when Azikiwe and Chief Awolowo were at the forefront of the independence movement,balewa and bello his godfather never bothered cause they felt ok with the British rule because it preserved their aristocratic status.
These two gave Awolowo and Zik conditions to be part of the independence movement only if the northern region will have 50% majority in the house as you all can still witness today.Awolowo initially refused knowing the longterm implication of such deal but Zik convinced Awolowo citing that its better our brother is ruling us than a whiteman not knowing that the british are paving way for their puppets and i believe that our own zik sold out to the british and posed as a friend to Awolowo while he is an enemy of Nigeria.
Then Zik teamed up with Tafawa Balewa to win the fg elections prior to independence sidelining the western region.
Then Zik and Balewa began to make a political inroad into the western region by first helping disgruntled elements to form the midwest region out of the western region in order to cut Awolowo to size.
As if its not enough,they installed Akintola through shameless rigging gleefully waiting for Awolowo to act and be dealt with and it happened as they planned as riots ensued and state of emergency was declared and chief Awolowo and many of his party members were arrested by the fg led by Zik and Balewa.
With Chief Awolowo in incarceration,Akintola the fg puppet was the premier of the western region.
Balewa through the fatherly advice of Bello gave Akintola a military barack or division at abeokuta to help protect him and deal with his political enemies.
It was in the midst of these dance of shame by supposed founding fathers that the young majors struck.
If only Zik was killed,the ugly scenario that followed wouldn't have followed.
Maybe igbos our brothers leaked the secret to him or the British high commission did,because the British had firsthand information in Nigeria because Akintola heard of the impending coup and travelled to kaduna to see Armadu Bello to warn him of the impending coup but Bello told him that if he .(Akintola) is afraid that he (Bello) will arrange for Akintola to go to Niger as the president of Niger is his good friend.
Then my question is "are ibos the same people that that leaked the info to Akintola?"
Bello believed in his diabolical powers but not knowing that nzeogwu means kingmaker of medicine.
We had only one leader within our shores and he is Chief Awolowo.
Why do you think the majors never touched him?because of his charms?they believed in what he did in the western region and were eager to have him replicate it in the whole of nigeria.ifeajuna and Banjo planned to topple Ojukwu and make Chief Awolowo the prime minister and they were caught and killed.

So Awolowo is a saint now okwaya? What led to his fracas with akintola? Bro go and ask from those older than you awo was a greedy man who fought for his pocket or his deal with coke was it to enrich the west or to enrich his pocket?
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by Coolgent(m): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
R.I.P Sir,
I heard that you curse them before they killed you.
Well that curse will continue to follow them forever, they will never produce President of our great country.
Re: Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos by debque(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2016
hakanai:

Did u mean alewa? That means candy abi sweets in Hausa. Not Balewa!
oooh I c....thanks for d correction tho..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Willie Obiano Running At Campaign Ground (Photo) / What They Won't Tell You About The New Minimum Wage (Screenshot) / Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.