Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja (11195 Views)

I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari / Supreme Court Strips Governors Of Power To Sack Local Government Officials / Lere Olayinka: Policemen Coming To Arrest Ekiti Government Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by senatorbayor(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Details Ready

....GOD PLS LET THEM BE BACK SAFELY...

Press Release

Friday 22nd, 2016

Kidnap of Osun Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Director, Driver The State Government of Osun wishes to alert on the unfortunate kidnap of three of its officials today Friday April 22, 2016 in Kogi State.

The kidnapped officials are the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Adebimpe Ogunlumade; Director, State Audit, Mr. Tajudeen Badejoko, and the Driver, Mr. Oladapo Ajani Arogundade.

Preliminary information available to us indicate that the gunmen accosted them between Obajana and Lokoja the Kogi State capital and forced to stop before the three officials were violently whisked away.The officials were returning from Abuja where they attended the briefing on the State and Local Government Reforms Project; a World Bank and European Union Programme.The Government has alerted all necessary security agencies nationwide in general and KogiState in particular towards safe release of the three abducted officials.We appeal to all Nigerians for information that could lead to their immediate release.

Thank you.
Signed:
Mr. SundayOlayinka Owoeye,Head of ServiceState of Osun

The Permanent Secretary and other officials were abducted at gunpoint on Friday at Obajana along Lokoja-Okene road in Kogi state, Daily Trust learnt.

The Permanent Secretary of Osun State Ministry of Finance, Budget and Economic Planning, Mrs Adebimpe Ogunlumade has been abducted by gunmen while returning to Osogbo from Abuja.

Ogunlumade was kidnapped along with her driver, Mr. Oladapo Arogundade Ajani and a Director from the ministry, Mr. Tajudeen Badejoko who accompanied her to Abuja for the official assignment.

The Permanent Secretary and other officials were abducted at gunpoint on Friday at Obajana along Lokoja-Okene road in Kogi state, Daily Trust learnt.
The state Auditor General who also travelled with the officials was said to have escaped the abduction by a whisker.

In a statement by the Osun State Head of Service, Mr. Sunday Olayinka Owoeye in Osogbo, the state capital, confirmed the abduction.

The Director of Bureau of Communication and Strategy in the Office of the Governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon also confirmed the development.

"The officials were returning from Abuja where they attended the briefing on the State and Local Government Reforms Project; a World Bank and European Union Programme,” the head of service statement read in part.

He said the state government has alerted all necessary security agencies nationwide and Kogi State Police Command in particular towards the safe release of the three abducted officials.

The Police Public Relations Officer for Osun State Police Command, DSP Folasade Odoro said the command was working with the Kogi State Police Command to ensured that the abducted officials were rescued.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/osun-state-permanent-secretary-others-kidnapped/143659.html

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by taiyesoul(f): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Something tells me they are Fulani Herdsmen.SMH

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by AngryNigerian(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
I weep for this country oo

5 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by 2cato: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
taiyesoul:
Something tells me they are Fulani Herdsmen.SMH
the job was done by those apc youths who were unable to get job fr cbn or frsc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by dangote7510(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pray for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
Osun can't pay ransom.

They should release them asap

17 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by senatorbayor(m): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
why is it happening at this time that FG have announced a relieve package for Osun state that their allocations wont be deduct at source for this month.

Something tells me the kidnappers want to collect their shares from the allocation grin

What If the kidnappers requested for 12M as ransom, Is Osun not back to square one . shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by senatorbayor(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
AngryNigerian:

make I follow you weep O jare. The kidnapping stuff is taking a new dimension and now prevalent among Fulanis

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by senatorbayor(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Keneking:
Osun can't pay ransom.

They should release them asap

A state having 6M as monthly allocation .

What if they asked for 15M , na to become bankrupt be that shocked

10 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by parklamson: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bad market....... Because d current cost of osun is less than 7m naira.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by CACAWA(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
parklamson:
Bad market....... Because d current cost of osun is less than 7m naira.
guy be careful, that's my state you are talking about...ahh
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Mjshexy(f): 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
Where is Aregbe going to get money from to pay the ransom, the Osun state i know is presently owing the fed govt in billions, i fear Aregbe may give up on the hostages but God will never give up on them, that i'm sure of sad

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by rozayx5(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
senatorbayor:

A state having 6M as monthly allocation .

What if they asked for 15M , na to become bankrupt be that shocked

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by boujaye: 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
AngryNigerian:
shout sai baba! sai Buhari! again, let me hear you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by olafotad: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
Make dem pls release them Ooo.... They are jst civil servants fa !
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by olafotad: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
2cato:
the job was done by those apc youths who were unable to get job fr cbn or frsc

so u sabi people wey kidnap dem ur mouth no go kill u

2 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by akpumping7720(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
not again! God will kidnap d kidnappers so DAT the kidnappees will be release.....

2 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by macaranta(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
But osun is broke ..how will they pay ransom?
Shitty headed kidnapers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by mustymatic(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
God save Nigeria
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by chinawapz(m): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
eh eh....9ja here I come
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by tobyemmanuel(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Brb
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Toeyoursea(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
grin
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
This can only happen because Aragbesola cannot afford to buy flight tickets for his staff, but yet he move around in Helicopter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by rawtouch: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
bad market no money for ransom oooo, the state gets only 6 million monthly

2 Likes

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Amaso99(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
Osun wey no get money! Bad market
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by DaBullIT(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
I broke the news first

and the erdyots saying it can only happen under aregbesola

You are stewppyd

I knew you'll come here to talk rubbish , Yesterday when NLC osun chapter said Aregbe wasn't owing salaries , you all failed to show and comment
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by hollistarMOB(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
End time kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hmm
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by trademoore1: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
In d past nigerians used airlines so as to dodge road accidents and armed robbers
when planes were falling like flies under president Obasanjo

road travel suddenly became fashionable
now with kidnap and others

where do we go?
which way naija

sea travel? cry
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
Someone will share this link with me before the end of today... *cover face in shame* grin
Re: Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja by MONITZ: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
The kidnappers shouldn't just deceive themselves because the state of Osun have no shi -shi to pay as ransom,the state is so so broke right now that she cannot even meet her obligations to her own civil servants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oduah, Ekwunife Lead Number Of Sponsored Bills At The National Assembly / Abia Deputy Governor, Ude Oko Joins Governorship Race / President Buhari Approves 213 New Broadcasting Licences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.