Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! (25410 Views)

See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja / Truck Carrying Another Dead Truck In Abeokuta. / Mechanic Crushed To Death By Truck In Onitsha While Working On A Car -. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by ifex370(m): 6:54am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by nwadiuko1(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2016
that CAT should be in gear one or something like that
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by drnoel: 7:07am On Apr 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
the only thing unsafe are the stones themselves, they could fall off and cause accidents. The vehicle in there has the option of leaving it in gear (first or reverse) or parking brakes. If I remember well it is automatic so parking brakes.

If that is so then pls explain to us laymen why in other countries they take extra precautions to transport such equipment but never in Nigeria. I have seen them use massive wedges to hold the tyres and not stones like in Nigeria. I have also seen them use very large belts to further hold the equipment in other countries but never in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Chynx(m): 7:11am On Apr 23, 2016
Ohamzee:
But wait oh. Who is more foolish here? the truck driver or the man leaving his steering to take pictures that cant give him a second chance to life. Is it worth the risk? Just asking.

Yes, it is worth the risk. Good use of social media...to inform and educate others.

That haulage system is no where near "safe".

2 Likes

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by babaMuna(m): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2016
See crushing BabaMuna is here
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2016
:oomg! If any slit mistak of d stone,broke or fall.meeen,blood nd flames wil b spread out
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Manchelsea(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2016
U DONE MINUTE
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by stainlex(m): 7:30am On Apr 23, 2016
FRSC guys no send o!
I boarded a vehicle yesterday where the driver sat with 3 persons in front..We got to a FRSC check point and they just collected 50 naira and allowed us on..I just tire! The attached screenshot only shows the lady seated beside the driver. For a car that even has a manual transmission!

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by jude33084(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:
I don't think it's going to fall. I've been looking at the picture for about an hour, it hasn't fallen yet. Still looking. I'll keep everyone updated. The picture should change when the tractor falls. I'll watch the whole day to see how this ends.

Kolo grin

1 Like

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by 9icetoo(m): 7:50am On Apr 23, 2016
those stones shouldn't be there. should that truck enter a pothole, those stones could become dislodged and fall out damaging a vehicle or structure it meets or even killing people if it hits an oncoming vehicle.
it is dangerous.
the payloader should have been strapped down using adequate belts or chains.
our FRSC guys are silly.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by reservd(m): 8:09am On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:
I don't t
hink it's going to fall. I've been looking at the picture for about an hour, it hasn't fallen yet. Still looking. I'll keep everyone updated. The picture should change when the tractor falls. I'll watch the whole day to see how this ends.
Guy, u go need see una family doctor asap

1 Like

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by NigerianScholar: 8:11am On Apr 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
the only thing unsafe are the stones themselves, they could fall off and cause accidents. The vehicle in there has the option of leaving it in gear (first or reverse) or parking brakes. If I remember well it is automatic so parking brakes.
. So because od break. The tractor will not somertumble on a sloppy road. It is very unsafe. No doubt about that
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by shaokhan01(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2016
That isnt a caterpillar.. It is a grader.. And after wedging it... The hoe will be released to back of the low bed... So as to stop movement... So dont be bothered by the small stone they used
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by anigbajumo(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:
I don't think it's going to fall. I've been looking at the picture for about an hour, it hasn't fallen yet. Still looking. I'll keep everyone updated. The picture should change when the tractor falls. I'll watch the whole day to see how this ends.

If u watched it till tomorrow there @Airport road,it will never fall coz the road is not slopy and no hill around that Syd.

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by MissingBudget: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:

SMH...na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Spanner4(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:

U are indeed a smartmugu,funny guy indeed
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Opoki(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Though I have no idea but i'm with Gazzuzz on this.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2016
Abayor7:
I see nothing wrong with it tho. undecided. Am sure it's well wedge, on gear and the truck can sure transport it. Peeps can get easily scared paaaaaaaaah.
Lest I forget, the op is ain't brave a bit grin thinking it will fall on him. Took that picture out of fear tongue grin

Ooii ghana boiw,what dey happen?
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by lonelydora: 10:36am On Apr 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

According to eye witnesses, A stone fell off a low bed transporting a caterpillar and hit the drivers side of my door which blew my side-curtain airbag some years back. This is an unsafe act.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by oglalasioux(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2016
The sleepers will not allow the machine to fall off. That's what they are made for besides being the platform for the machine to climb into the low bed.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Abee79(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Abayor7:
I see nothing wrong with it tho. undecided. Am sure it's well wedge, on gear and the truck can sure transport it. Peeps can get easily scared paaaaaaaaah.
Lest I forget, the op is ain't brave a bit grin thinking it will fall on him. Took that picture out of fear tongue grin
Not out of fear. Out of concern. I am very sure in a saner clime, the truck driver will pay dearly for this recklessness. We must get to the point we choose to do things right
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by adimoh99(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kindly take this to Channels iwitness platform.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Bamz(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
SmartMugu:
cheesy
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by brojoshua: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Of Nigerians don't value their lives. No laws and even when there are laws about somethings, almost all the people don't obey the laws including the lawmakers and enforcers. And almost all Nigerians are involved each one in his capacity. So Nigerians don't generally value their lives but not their pockets at all costs either by looting or by strikes by labor unions or ghost workers or prosperity preaching by the pastors and the likes.
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
TVTKOKO:
weldone physics teacher. Any sane human will NOT ascend any hill lyk dat. I see no reason to panic because the stones placed at all corners of the tyre would certainly not aid motion!
Sir, the least you could have done was to disagree and give your opinion and not call names. That was highly uncalled for. Did you say no reason to panic? There is every good reason to panic. That is about 60-70 tons of raw cast iron and steel just parked on a moving platform without a strap, are you in Nigeria at all? Did you say any sane human? Are Nigerian truck drivers sane? Do you think a sane human would have parked an earth moving equipment like that? Are you sure you just typed what I quoted up here? You had better modified your post and stop insulting common sense here....#sighs
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by buskie13(m): 2:25am On Apr 24, 2016
LOL247:

this is how foolish people get themselves into shithole of trouble trying to crack dry and stale jokes in want of 'likes'
take ur boring life elsewhere
Re: Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2016
princessdairies:
Very Very dangerous...Nigerians when shall we ever learn?

Happy birthday beautiful, even tho i don't know you but i wish u many happy returns. May the lord continue to bless you and grant your heart desires as you live on to fulfil your potentials. Enjoy

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Electric Cars That Sells Below N14 Million (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Man Quarrels With Pump Attendant For Filling Up His Fuel Tank (Video) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.