Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! (22796 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please / I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by shockwave(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2016
My brother pls just stay where you are now and park well in the mean time. Your story already show how much success abounds for you in the nearest future. First make sure there's a concrete agreement with your boss about the new benefits so he won't turn around and say he didn't say so. Then work and develop yourself first in that place, see it as a stepping stone to a greater place.
Remember, it's not all about the money, 100k difference working in a Lagos means so little, trust me so it's not worth leaving abuja for.

'Chase excellence first, success will chase you pants down'...

All the best bros
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by fitinwell: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
I developed an amazing web portal for the company in the said time. Truth of the matter, no one believed the web portal was ever done in Nigeria because businessmen/employer in the business or domain underestimate local talents; their believe so much in Indian/US software developers. I stopped the company from paying $68,000 to software development company in India. The web portal is now LIVE. grin and we're having huge traffic and good remark about the website.

[size=18pt]Op can i have access to the Web portal you, design as quoted.. I believe I have not ask for too much. [/size]
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by samx4real(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2016
Philomath1212:
Your current boss sincerely know your worth.
In my own little experience, the fact that he swiftly provided further benefits for you, please stay with him.
Sir, everything is not about money, value counts alot. Since you are still young there (6months), think of career development, later a bigger offer worth millions will come and you never can tell where your current boss will stand in gap for you.
Most organizations conduct BC which gives one's former employer leverage to say what one is.

With this...

I don't need to read all other comment or add mine!

Just go with this bro! You are made! Better offers will come!

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Temmytea70(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2016
BADNEAT:
Either you're lying out rightly to mk front page,or you're not telling the whole truth...

I'm tired of all ds useless stupid lies from Nairalanders...all those happened and u came here to out it up ryt??with all those details?ur boss no sabi nairaland ni??

I don't know why I feel same way about the whole thing
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Temmytea70(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2016
fitinwell:

[size=18pt]Op can i have access to the Web portal you, design as quoted.. I believe I have not ask for too much. [/size]
I CONCUR grin
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by umuihe(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2016
I don't believe this story one bit. So many things did not add up.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by udeme67(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2016
AKS GOOGLE BROS
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by redcliff: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2016
anochuko01:
START YOUR COMPANY! BE A FREE LANCER!
you would earn millions in a month, have more time than you think, you would have the comfort of working from your home, you would be an employer of labour. my brother think! don't allow those people use you to make money and give you peanuts! think!
stuopid advice.. is that what they asked you for? ITK
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by TrollTrap: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
Yes self taught 100%. Google was my best friend.

Thanks... Lol I'm so new to this so I hardly know the jargons and all but, which language are you into?.... And I assume you make software, for computers no?
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by anochuko01(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2016
redcliff:

stuopid advice.. is that what they asked you for? ITK
hater, enemy of progress!
the ''stupid'' advice wasn't for you, so why commit suicide?! hate and bitterness is ruining your life if you don't know.
mtcheeeew
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by redcliff: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2016
anochuko01:

hater, enemy of progress!
the ''stupid'' advice wasn't for you, so why commit suicide?! hate and bitterness is ruining your life if you don't know.
mtcheeeew

Lmao... But nigerians are funny now. anybody that has a different opinion and opposes whatever you say is a hater and is full of bitterness. Let me ask you a question, did the op tell you he wants to start his own company? he asked specific questions that your answer failed to hit and I corrected you and I am a hater? As you can see, the OP seems to be quite young. he is not a foool to not know what he wants. You people always think everything is about money thats why you can give the silly advice you gave here...
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by lollmaolol(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:
seems it will pay you more staying at your current job, when you consider
- initial cost of housing in Lagos
- cost in time & money of transferring your study to Lagos
- Dubai vacation
- You prefer abuja
- peace of mind from family

Thus sayeth
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by anochuko01(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2016
redcliff:

Lmao... But nigerians are funny now. anybody that has a different opinion and opposes whatever you say is a hater and is full of bitterness. Let me ask you a question, did the op tell you he wants to start his own company? he asked specific questions that your answer failed to hit and I corrected you and I am a hater? As you can see, the OP seems to be quite young. he is not a foool to not know what he wants. You people always think everything is about money thats why you can give the silly advice you gave here...
are you op? why are you so concerned? there are more polite way to talk, but you chose to sound like someone that's pained. you should go back to read how Op took what I said...its left to him to take what decision he thinks is the best.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by redcliff: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2016
anochuko01:

are you op? why are you so concerned? there are more polite way to talk, but you chose to sound like someone that's pained. you should go back to read how Op took what I said...its left to him to take what decision he thinks is the best.
well next time answer the question you were asked and stop gallivanting like a chicken with its wings on fire.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by rockyh(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
I am a software developer, I create amazing things for companies; I have a good portfolio of projects I have developed, my applications are used my hundreds of thousand of Nigerians. I prefer to keep a low profile and my identity hidden.
I'm presently working for a start-up company that has a very huge prospect. This is my Six(6) months of employment and I developed an amazing web portal for the company in the said time. Truth of the matter, no one believed the web portal was ever done in Nigeria because businessmen/employer in the business or domain underestimate local talents; their believe so much in Indian/US software developers. I stopped the company from paying $68,000 to software development company in India. The web portal is now LIVE. grin and we're having huge traffic and good remark about the website.
My CHALLENGE
My currently earning about N200K monthly, and our competitor is offering me a N350K monthly. My boss found out about the offer and call me to a man-to-man private meeting and offer me a N50K salary increment, housing allowance of N500K yearly and 2Week vacation to Dubai.

I presently work in Abuja, while the offer is in Lagos. I love Abuja, but I have feelings for the N350K offer. grin grin
Am afraid of moving to Lagos due to family problems, however it can be prevented If i stay away. Also am still an undergraduate, although I can transfer my study centre to Lagos.

PLS ADVICE
Should I stay with my current employer or move with the new offer?

Pls ignore my typos. Thanks.
stick with ur job in Abuja cos u can't cope with the hustle n traffic in lagos more so ur salary won't b like it is in Abuja cos u will b subject to entering a bike to meet up with work in lagos
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Taryur3(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2016
pet4ril:
Hmmm shocked see money ooooo
if you want the money come and take the job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by anochuko01(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2016
redcliff:

well next time answer the question you were asked and stop gallivanting like a chicken with its wings on fire.
mtcheeeew... funny enough you had nothing to offer.
just getaway
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by rockyh(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
I am a software developer, I create amazing things for companies; I have a good portfolio of projects I have developed, my applications are used my hundreds of thousand of Nigerians. I prefer to keep a low profile and my identity hidden.
I'm presently working for a start-up company that has a very huge prospect. This is my Six(6) months of employment and I developed an amazing web portal for the company in the said time. Truth of the matter, no one believed the web portal was ever done in Nigeria because businessmen/employer in the business or domain underestimate local talents; their believe so much in Indian/US software developers. I stopped the company from paying $68,000 to software development company in India. The web portal is now LIVE. grin and we're having huge traffic and good remark about the website.
My CHALLENGE
My currently earning about N200K monthly, and our competitor is offering me a N350K monthly. My boss found out about the offer and call me to a man-to-man private meeting and offer me a N50K salary increment, housing allowance of N500K yearly and 2Week vacation to Dubai.

I presently work in Abuja, while the offer is in Lagos. I love Abuja, but I have feelings for the N350K offer. grin grin
Am afraid of moving to Lagos due to family problems, however it can be prevented If i stay away. Also am still an undergraduate, although I can transfer my study centre to Lagos.

PLS ADVICE

stick with ur job in Abuja cos u can't cope with the hustle n traffic in lagos more so ur salary won't b like it is in Abuja cos u will b subject to entering a bike to meet up with work in lagos [b][/b]l

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Bro, stay with your job. Lagos traffic alone will kill you

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by thesicilian: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2016
lollmaolol:

Thus sayeth
selah
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by onnodim(f): 11:51am On Apr 23, 2016
..Love your job, not your employers.. If u want loyalty, get a dog! When the chips are down, the employers are never there!
Between, instead of jumping from job to job and earning what employers think you are worth, please start up your own firm.. Do contracts outside of your 9-5 routine.. Trust me, u won't ever regret it.. U have great skills, don't waste it!
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by ProfLogan(m): 11:58am On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
My CHALLENGE

PLS ADVICE

Biko hollar at me when you leave for that Lagos offer so I might get that abuja job. I'm currently in abuja and i need it badly
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by raziboi(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
Philomath1212:
Your current boss sincerely know your worth.
In my own little experience, the fact that he swiftly provided further benefits for you, please stay with him.
Sir, everything is not about money, value counts alot. Since you are still young there (6months), think of career development, later a bigger offer worth millions will come and you never can tell where your current boss will stand in gap for you.
Most organizations conduct BC which gives one's former employer leverage to say what one is.

i love this
bro value really counts...
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by seunoni34(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
wilcox:
If all you said is true, then you have no business been a employee all you have be is a consultant and work for as many people as you can. Use your talent and set up a consultant firm, I bet more will come for your services.
I see no reason why you help a firm to cut cost to the turn of $68,000 and that same firm can't offer you up to 5,000 dollars per annum.
In summary, you are been used by your present employer and the firm that offered you 350k still want use you.
Exactly. Consultancy is the best option for this guy
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by afroxyz: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
Stay with your boss. You have a higher chance of learning the business side of things. This is gained by trust not salary increase. I suggest stay with your boss for now, probably till when you finish, unless he is ungrateful, it is a relationship you may want to draw from when you start your own business
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
anochuko01:
START YOUR COMPANY! BE A FREE LANCER!
you would earn millions in a month, have more time than you think, you would have the comfort of working from your home, you would be an employer of labour. my brother think! don't allow those people use you to make money and give you peanuts! think!

I love you man, no homo.
You talk like an entrepreneur or techpreneur?
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by dammytosh: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
First, am an undergraduate and 24years of age. Well, I expect to have so level of academic qualification to get there. However, I have a huge chance of working with a Netherland based company; still on the interview process. I have just 3years of professional experience.

The company is more stable than my current employer. Fact is my current employer sacks people like a bar waiter.
Infact, am over impressed with the structures; cos I was in lagos to have a meeting with them; the company Look organised. Upon which I proposed consultancy but they opposed and they insisted on employment, and I said if am coming as an employee, you'll have to purchase the code I have spent time writing cos I won't just come and expect me to change the code for you. But all effort to make that works proves abortive.

What should I do next?

The next thing you should do is carry your bag and go to Lagos.

Make sure you take a flight so you enter Lagos with confidence and with the aim of taking over. grin cheesy

No pity any employer oooo oo.

They are not doing u any favour. They are paying for the services they are getting.

Test your boss by forming memory loss, he will grumble and pay u for that month, Next month u will be fired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Tnoni: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
us the other coy a one man business? if it is, stay where you are for now. if it is not, multinational os the way to go, as far as it is not ridden with indians everywhere.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by kenobi007(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
My CHALLENGE

PLS ADVICE

words of wisdom, stay with ur current employer. Show him whr ur loyalty lies. I believe u are still young. Money isnt everything. You will understand this when u start to grow ur career. I believe ur worth is now known to them. U have a higher chance to grow in ur current job.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by henryhemon(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
100 k is a whole lot of money to consider don't mind all those saying it's nothing. My advise write down the advantAges and disadvantages of each job then make your decision.
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Frankicent(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
My CHALLENGE

PLS ADVICE

choi.. Undergraduate bro I"l love to learn from oo 100% or 89%.. Am a Computer science student.. Pls shoot me a mail if you see this comment.plzzzzzz #software developing #website developing.....
Re: Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! by Frankicent(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
germyu:
My CHALLENGE

PLS ADVICE

Bro start your own free lancer company. You stopped your company from paying $86,000 to a company in India... You can make huge money with you great skills working for someone will rarely make you a millionaire. Working for yourself will. A millionaire I see in you....
I"l love to learn from oo 100% or 89%. . Am a Computer science student lv 2 Pls shoot me a mail if you see this comment.plzzzzzz #software developing #website developing.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize / Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. / Chartered Institute Of Administration (cia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.