Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183513 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ifyalways(f): 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
obiwigan21:

I am based in Europe with my wife... a white lady and we are planning to go for vacation in Abidjan. I want some little info on the area we can stay and places to visit. we would like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel as it will be a 2 - 3 months vacation. And the primary aim of the Vac is for the sun and the beach!
Wait for your response
Thanks

ifyalways:.... smiley
Brb
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by 1Sharon(f): 8:26pm On May 15, 2018
Arafat yoroboooo

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Dennisebuka(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2018
Please how much do accommodation cost in Abidjan... I want to visit there next month
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by famouscargo: 2:58pm On May 20, 2018
Roughdiammond,harzontoh and those in ABIDJAN. In case you have anything you want to send or buy in Nigeria, I am who you need for that.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 7:34pm On May 20, 2018
famouscargo:
Roughdiammond,harzontoh and those in ABIDJAN. In case you have anything you want to send or buy in Nigeria, I am who you need for that.

How many days does it take take you to get something down here from Nigeria?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by famouscargo: 9:01am On May 21, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

How many days does it take take you to get something down here from Nigeria?
it takes less than two days. We have daily flights to Abidjan.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2018
famouscargo:
it takes less than two days. We have daily flights to Abidjan.
Please what and what do you import?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by famouscargo: 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
cutieme:
Please what and what do you import?

it depends, i am a freight forwarding agent as well as an employee of ASKY AIRLINES. We can handle anything that is not contraband- food stuffs, spare parts, clothes etc provided it has no drugs or dangerous goods (i can give you a list of this on your request)

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 1:16pm On May 21, 2018
famouscargo:

it depends, i am an freight forwarding agent as well as an employee of ASKY AIRLINES. We can handle anything that is not contraband- food stuffs, spare parts, clothes etc provided it has no drugs or dangerous goods (i can give you a list of this on your request)
I need the list and pls can u import to Ghana?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by famouscargo: 1:40pm On May 21, 2018
cutieme:
I need the list and pls can u import to Ghana?
cutieme, YES, our flight go to Accra everyday. dangerous goods are - chemicals, batteries, fire extinguishers, explosives, guns, etc. please see my number on the signature call me for more info
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Jokenuga(f): 3:02pm On May 23, 2018
Good afternoon people, this is actually my first time on this thread. I would say i just stumbled on this particular post. While reading this thread, i grew an interest in Abidjan and I think i would like to come there for a vacation. Truth be told, i haven't traveled out of the four walls of Nigeria before and i wouldn't mind if this would be my first experience. Please, I need those upcoming travelers interested to signify, maybe we could arrange on some kind of getaway. Moreover, I need assistance from people that are detailed and willing to help.
Thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 2:36am On May 28, 2018
I want to visit very soon Pls I need someone to guide me
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 1:52am On May 29, 2018
The amount is in Naira. Houses I have seen; one room 30-35k cfa, self con 50 - 80k. A friend that stays in two rooms apartment pays 60k cfa per month. Anyone thinking of coming here should know that things are highly expensive. I am not trying to discourage anyone but it will be nice to have the clear picture before embarking on the journey to avoid regrets.

Hi bro, I 'll like to visit very soon Pls I need ur assistance on the cheap areas person can get good accommodation

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2018
Jokenuga:
Good afternoon people, this is actually my first time on this thread. I would say i just stumbled on this particular post. While reading this thread, i grew an interest in Abidjan and I think i would like to come there for a vacation. Truth be told, i haven't traveled out of the four walls of Nigeria before and i wouldn't mind if this would be my first experience. Please, I need those upcoming travelers interested to signify, maybe we could arrange on some kind of getaway. Moreover, I need assistance from people that are detailed and willing to help.
Thanks.
State what you would like to know and I will try my best. Mention me when you need my attention. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 7:09pm On May 29, 2018
Ajaytobey24:
I want to visit very soon Pls I need someone to guide me
I have stated it several times here. One should just state exactly what one wants to know and people will help. I don't understand what you meant by guide you. Besides, I stated all my experiences here. Just scroll back small and ask all your questions. Remember to mention me if you need my attention. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 1:41am On May 30, 2018
@roughdiamind, thanks for ur response I 'll like to know which area is cheap to stay in, be it a room without personal toilet or bathroom and how easy securing an apartment rather dan paying money for hotels, so Dat someone can know where and where to put leg. secondly,what and what person can buy down to resell rather dan coming with cash, and hope the SGBCI bank is still d best to withdraw from. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2018
Ajaytobey24:
@roughdiamind, thanks for ur response I 'll like to know which area is cheap to stay in, be it a room without personal toilet or bathroom and how easy securing an apartment rather dan paying money for hotels, so Dat someone can know where and where to put leg. secondly,what and what person can buy down to resell rather dan coming with cash, and hope the SGBCI bank is still d best to withdraw from. Thanks
I will suggest you narrow your choice of accommodation location to your place of business/work. That way, you will save enough money from transportation. Transportation is not cheap unless you live close to where you can access Sortra buses. Koumassi is cheap but I won't even advise my enemy to come and live here. They highly lack good road, very dirty and most times, no direct woro woro to one's destination. I will suggest you start with a low budget house first and look for your choice with time. Due to high cost of things, settling down is always difficult and you need to concentrate more on earning a living (Business/work) first.(when I get your business area, I will advise properly on accommodation area)
You can buy many things from Nigeria and sell here (Electronics, auto parts, drinks, Naija foods etc) but selling them will be a very difficult task. Unless you have somebody already on ground willing to buy or help you sell. Yes you can still withdraw from SGBCI and BCICI bank but if you plan to come and establish a business here, I will suggest you leave your money with your Nigerian bank and come with updated banking applications that can allow you make transactions online. Almost all the Nigerian business people I know here source their goods from Nigeria. I will stop here for now. You can ask more questions where you need clarification and I will try my best.
Note : life in Naija is free compared to here

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 8:59am On May 30, 2018
roughdiamond:
I will suggest you narrow your choice of accommodation location to your place of business/work. That way, you will save enough money from transportation. Transportation is not cheap unless you live close to where you can access Sortra buses. Koumassi is cheap but I won't even advise my enemy to come and live here. They highly lack good road, very dirty and most times, no direct woro woro to one's destination. I will suggest you start with a low budget house first and look for your choice with time. Due to high cost of things, settling down is always difficult and you need to concentrate more on earning a living (Business/work) first.(when I get your business area, I will advise properly on accommodation area)
You can buy many things from Nigeria and sell here (Electronics, auto parts, drinks, Naija foods etc) but selling them will be a very difficult task. Unless you have somebody already on ground willing to buy or help you sell. Yes you can still withdraw from SGBCI and BCICI bank but if you plan to come and establish a business here, I will suggest you leave your money with your Nigerian bank and come with updated banking applications that can allow you make transactions online. Almost all the Nigerian business people I know here source their goods from Nigeria. I will stop here for now. You can ask more questions where you need clarification and I will try my best.

the bolded got my attention , it is really sad and pathetic what our leaders have turned naija to ,if only they can fix the power problem and roads in nigeria , there will be no reason for anyone to leave nigeria but alas they keep making excuse upon excuse for it. nigeria would have been the best place in africa to live in if there is light and good roads .

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2018
onatisi:

the bolded got my attention , it is really sad and pathetic what our leaders have turned naija to ,if only they can fix the power problem and roads in nigeria , there will be no reason for anyone to leave nigeria but alas they keep making excuse upon excuse for it. nigeria would have been the best place in africa to live in if there is light and good roads .
including water and security.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Shakitibob0: 4:11pm On May 30, 2018
cutieme:
including water and security.
Onatisi
Roughdiamond

Only electricity is enough...Our government should just place a focus on that alone... If that is fixed, other things like a super tight security and Co can be easily achieved.

For example,

If the ELECTRICITY problem is fixed, we can have CCTV installed at all locations.. With CCTV, crime rate will be cut short, corruption reduces, and the society can be fully transformed into a technology driven one.

In addition, I am sure you are aware that Electricity has economical effect too....There will be overflow of foreign investors and local firms can thrive well too

Presently, I reside in a country where one can hardly see police officers displaying weapons or gun..You can't even see road blocks or any loud patrol van cos of the CCTV and technology in general.
So I can relate well boss... Naija would have been the only heaven in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 6:11pm On May 30, 2018
Affordablerent:

Hope you read what that brother said? He said Nigeria is free compared to Abidjan cause things are expensive there but cheap here. Every country get problem, what might be the reason for the expensive nature of Abidjan compared to Nigeria, we know our own problem which people repeat everyday but why is Abidjan so expensive? We want to know

Need accomodation in Lagos for rent? contact me
How much do u rent a self-contained apartment?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 1:04am On May 31, 2018
roughdiamond:

Thanks for the info, u av been dere for a while now and u are not more a stranger compare to then. How will u compare business over there to naija?
Life is expensive there, what abt the earnings wen someone set up a business irrespective of the amount ventured in the business, does the expensive life worth it?
Lastly is it better to b getting goods from naija to sell there or getting it and reselling there is better?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 1:08am On May 31, 2018
Thanks and awaiting ur response
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2018
Ajaytobey24:

Thanks for the info, u av been dere for a while now and u are not more a stranger compare to then. How will u compare business over there to naija?
Life is expensive there, what abt the earnings wen someone set up a business irrespective of the amount ventured in the business, does the expensive life worth it?
Lastly is it better to b getting goods from naija to sell there or getting it and reselling there is better?
Thanks
Whatever I write here is my personal experience.
I will choose business in Naija. Money can be made easier in Naija than here but you have all the basic amenities here. The amount you invest in your business mainly is a determinant factor of your return. It will worth it but with time. You shouldn't expect to make money the way it's made in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very rich country. Once they see you as a Nigerian here, na money go dey their minds. Though, there are many rich Nigerians here who have made too much money but how? I don't know. It will be better to source for your goods from Nigeria if you want to make reasonable gains.
This country is best for good living, comfort and rest of mind. I don't think an average Ivorian can be diagnosed of High blood pressure. They are too happy for that.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 9:10am On May 31, 2018
roughdiamond:
I will choose business in Naija. Money can be made easier in Naija than here but you have all the basic amenities here. The amount you invest in your business mainly is a determinant factor of your return. It will worth it but with time. You shouldn't expect to make money the way it's made in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very rich country. Once they see you as a Nigerian here, na money go dey their minds. Though, there are many rich Nigerians here who have made too much money but how? I don't know. It will be better to source for your goods from Nigeria if you want to make reasonable gains.
This country is best for good living, comfort and rest of mind. I don't think an average Ivorian can be diagnosed of High blood pressure. They are too happy for that.
wow!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ajaytobey24: 1:17am On Jun 01, 2018
roughdiamond:
I will choose business in Naija. Money can be made easier in Naija than here but you have all the basic amenities here. The amount you invest in your business mainly is a determinant factor of your return. It will worth it but with time. You shouldn't expect to make money the way it's made in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very rich country. Once they see you as a Nigerian here, na money go dey their minds. Though, there are many rich Nigerians here who have made too much money
but how? I don't know. It will be better to source for your goods from Nigeria if you want to make
reasonable gains.

Thanks for the information, I think someone need to visit first and see by self, if it's to b getting goods from naija or to b trading there.
Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Dennisebuka(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
oyek691:
I am very happy with you guys thinking of coming over to abidjan, i just finished schooling in my university in bassam, so am transfering to the U.S this august i mean to complete my studies in minnesota.
So if you are interested in coming to abj or anywhere in abj , be my guest.

Pls can I get ur contact or beta still 08133770892
Am coming to Abidjan by next week plz. I need to talk to some 1
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Chuksmonika(m): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
Dennisebuka:
Please how much do accommodation cost in Abidjan... I want to visit there next month
it depends on the type of house,but a friend of mine says he pays 200000cfa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 12:14am On Jun 14, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

Air cote d'ivoire is the best bro. That's what I used in my first Arrival... But I will advise you to go through Young Shall grow, you will definitely enjoy the adventure through Benin, Togo, Ghana and the Ivory Coast. You will also save 70% of what you would waste on flight.

thanks alot man
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 12:16am On Jun 14, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

Air cote d'ivoire is the best bro. That's what I used in my first Arrival... But I will advise you to go through Young Shall grow, you will definitely enjoy the adventure through Benin, Togo, Ghana and the Ivory Coast. You will also save 70% of what you would waste on flight.

please here is my contact 08065438712 please try and send me your phone number incase I need to ask anything please ...���

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.