Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183508 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by PAO429: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
[b][/b] FOR POTENTIAL INVESTOR

i am into laundry full time... i ve plans of relocating to Abijan not because of Nigeria situation but becoz i love d french lifestyle...a graduate from a Nigeria school...m simply calling for investor in d area of SME...where i ve experience in

if u want to invest and do business in Abijan
and want me to act as your manager

call for my email address
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Harzontorh:

As it has been said that nobody give you ideas, depends on you. But i will just suggest for you:

- Buy Clothings there and send to Nigeria for sales (wholesales)
- Bags and women acessories (thats still buying and transporting)
- If you are capable, open a shop in Abidjan, sell Electrical appliances
- If you have money, join the car parts and machine bussiness
- Open a marquis grin fastest profitable bussiness in Abidjan. FOOD HOUSE "allocodrome''
- Beer Houses or Just a shop of retailing drinks and breweries (same as above)
- Beauty stuff, marquillage, makeup shop (best), Hair dressing (you will sell like madt), Beauty House

JUST GIVING SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS WILL SHARE SOME PICTURES AS USUAL

Please am a contractor but i dont mind going into something else to keep the doug coming in from left, right and enter.am taking off for abidjan next week for a 2 weeks tour and probably make some findings on what kinda business one can do in the country.

My question now is that, can 500k get me some good stuffs which i can buy and send to nigeria for resell and will make my money back in no time and if yes then what kinda stuffs are we looking at?(please look at it like you the one who has the 500k to invest on something).

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Harzontorh:

AMEN, I AM HAPPY GIVING THESE INFOS, GOD BLESS ME. I even forgot to add Home appliances. Its called 'QUINCAILLERIE' and BEAD MAKING (NOT COMMON IN ABIDJAN), ALSO JWELLERIES (BIJOUTERIE).

HELLO Y'ALL WATCH THIS VIDEO OF A BUSSINESS TRAVEL TRIP TO ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST. IT HAPPENED ON MAY 2016. BY A GERMAN TOURIST. ENJOY!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/33jL_oJG0Uc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bro u have been off line for a while op all is well at bbm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jL_oJG0Uc?t=3
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pls how much is the price of a 2bed room flat or a mini flat in a nice neighbourhood dere pls, am coming in in a couple of weeks. Pls i need price range. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by NewIdeas: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Wow good place to migrate to

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Obiany: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Obiany:
Hello Harizon...i really love this thread.my name is cynthia,am a student of french department and am trying to do my internship in abidjan by october which should last for two months or so.i really need to chat with you privately as there are lots of questions i would like to ask.thanks

drop your bbm pin

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by enomakos(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
ifyalways:
@Topic, I lived and worked a bit in Abidjan so heres my piece :

WORK : If you don't speak,write and understand perfect French, forget about corporate jobs.

BUSINESS: Buying and selling works. Clothes, beauty products, household articles, food items are all hotcakes. the market is mostly controlled by Lebanese, Turkish and Nigerians. Mauritanians and Nigeriens are into mini marts(what we know as stores/small supermarket) . Laundry and bars/Pubs is also another nice biz. Ivorians love their drink, food and women. Restaurants and food kisoks is also profitable but neatness and presentation is a MUST else na you go chop your food.

SCHOOL: Don't be deceived, English schools are expensive but worth it. Lots of private Unis especially in Cocody area that teach in English.

ACCOMMODATION : For luxury look at Bietry, Riveria, Plauteu, Cocody and Deux Plateu area. For middle class look at Marcory remblais, Trechville, Kumasi, Vridi, France Amerique. Abobo, Youpougon etc areas are for the lowest income earners. However, security, amenities are basically same regardless of which part of the town you stay. utility bills are strictly per as you use meaning each individual has his/her own meters . Light bill comes out and is paid once in 3 months, water every 2 months and its very affordable. Constant light and water is guaranteed and you dare NOT owe for utility. To rent a house, You need to have a maximum of your 3 months rent paid upfront and one month as caution ,total 4 months rent payable upfront. You wanna pay more? at your discretion.
Unfurnished S/C in Luxury areas goes from 60,000 cefa per month, middle class starts from 30,000 cefas while in places like Abobo, you'd get from 15,000 cefa per month. Luxury furnished apartments start from 100,000 cefa per month.

DOCUMENTATION: Besides your international passport, each individual , citizens and foreigners alike are expected to have two identity cards. Very important and more important than your passport sef. First is the identity card from the Nigerian Embassy then the identity card from Police which also doubles as residence permit. To obtain both are easy and quite straightforward : Go to 9ja embassy, fill out some forms plus your passport photo, your id card is issued withing 2 weeks tops. Armed with the id card, go to any police station close to your house and apply for residence permit. very easy.
Without both documents, be ready to be bribing your way out of every police check point (mille Franc) and blimey you can get as much as 10 checkpoints in a 10KM trip, most wont even take bribe but would take you to the police station where you would be made to go farm for free for the Government for 24 hours.

FOOD,SOCIAL LIFE : Food is cheap, beer expensive. LOL their women love 9ja men and are quite charming. If you are single, chances are you might end up marrying them.

What else? . . .
nice info
how much is 60,000 and 30,000 cfa in naira
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
enomakos:
nice info
how much is 60,000 and 30,000 cfa in naira

Nairalanders.....am embarking on my abidjan tour tomorrow morning so wish me luck and journey mercy.

@enomakos...i just returned from where i went to change naira to cefa and this is what i got

181k Naira = 304k Cefa.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obalukan: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
Save journey, please give us update on accommodation when you get there. The price for a room self contain. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Just took off from the bus station, our projected eta is 6pm so am guessing it will take one full day from Nigeria since Ghana is closer to Abidjan and they are saying we will get there by 6pm.

Will keep updating the house.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by idera1: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Good morning everyone smiley smiley smiley smiley. Myself and hubby wld like to go to abidjan for our honeymoon wink wink wink wink wink wink, we need names of tourist places to visit and a very affordable hotel to lodge in. Also, our budget is N100k and we want to be sure if it will cater for transport fare (to and fro), hotel bills, feeding, site seeing and little shopping for a week cool cool!

please i need response and advice from everyone.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by idera1: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2016
Harzontorh:

visit this Nairaland Page on Abidjan: https://www.nairaland.com/3072468/beauty-abidjan-cote-divoire-all

I can assure you Abidjan is the Best OPTION FOR BUSINESS IN W/AFRICA AFTER LAGOS

- THEY HAVE THE BEST IN COSMETICS PRODUCT (VERY CHEAP, AS IN VERY VERY CHEAP) CREAM INDUSTRIES LIKE GANDOUR, BEBE MAN, BELLE DAME , PERFUMERY, AND BODY STUFFS.

- THEN ANKARA. AFRICA CLOTHING AND FASHION ( WOODIN HAVE THEIR HQ IN ABIDJAN), LOTS OF WOMEN FASHION ACCESORIES TOO

- MORESO, FOOD. F*CK IT!! FOOD IS LIKE AIR IN IVORYCOAST. ABIDJAN IS CRAZILY RICH IN FOOD STUFF AND AGRICULTURAL PROCUTS. (3RD BANANA PRODUCE IN AFRICA, NO 1 COCOA BEAN AND COFFEE PRODUCTION IN THE WHOLE WORLD, LEADERS IN VEGETABLE OIL IN THE WORLD, PINEAPPLE AND OTHER FOOD PRODUCE), NESCAFE HQ IS IN ABIDJAN LIKEWISE UNILEVER HAS MAIN BRANCHES THERE TOO

ASK ANYTHING ON ABIDJAN. LIVING , BUSSINESS, SCHOOLING, LIFE AND TOURISM OR GENERAL QUESTION ON THE CITY OR COUNTRY
READ MORE ON WIKIPEDIA. SEARCH ABIDJAN

Good morning everyone smiley smiley smiley smiley. Myself and hubby wld like to go to abidjan for our honeymoon wink wink wink wink wink wink, we need names of tourist places to visit and a very affordable hotel to lodge in. Also, our budget is N100k and we want to be sure if it will cater for transport fare (to and fro), hotel bills, feeding, site seeing and little shopping for a week cool cool!

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by idera1: 10:10am On Jul 20, 2016

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obalukan: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2016
Save trip. Where did you board?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
obalukan:
Save trip. Where did you board?

Boarded from STC intercity transport station around circle, we are having a stopover at Takoradi now.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Obiany: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:
Just took off from the bus station, our projected eta is 6pm so am guessing it will take one full day from Nigeria since Ghana is closer to Abidjan and they are saying we will get there by 6pm.

please update all the details,your starting point,the stops,the expenses,the requirements,the experiences.safe journey.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:

Safe journey to you bro.
Update us on your experience eh
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Am at the border now,I had to pay 10k cefa for every Nigerian first timers before they can stamp your passport....anyway I don't have a choice

Got orange SIM card for 1k cefa,I was told by the pretty Ivorian lady beside me that it's a good network.

Will update later...crossing

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is definitely gonna be my first and last time of road travel.....I thought people said its fun but I think in actuality it's very stressful......I thought we were crossing easily o not knowing the Ivorian customs service just wanna start their own work sha.

They are opening everybody's bag one by one searching for what only God knows.......will update when we are cleared to leave which I believe might be in an hour or more considering the number of people and bags being checked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Cleared at last....my bubble was busted when I was thinking we are almost there until an Ivorian just told me its four hours to Abidjan from the border....chai see gobe o.....they charged me 2500cfa for meningitis even though my yellow card is okay o.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:
Cleared at last....my bubble was busted when I was thinking we are almost there until an Ivorian just told me its four hours to Abidjan from the border....chai see gobe o.....they charged me 2500cfa for meningitis even though my yellow card is okay o.

Lol grin
It's a good experience tho. You should be in Abidjan before 8pm.
U will love the city.

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obalukan: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:
Good one from you bro, thanks for the update. I wish you a ave trip. I will be leaving to Abidjan also by this month end by Grace. As regard the a room self contain accommodation per month.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by enomakos(m): 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:

Nairalanders.....am embarking on my abidjan tour tomorrow morning so wish me luck and journey mercy.

@enomakos...i just returned from where i went to change naira to cefa and this is what i got

181k Naira = 304k Cefa.
thanks bro
good luck and journey mercy
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ugosample:

Lol grin
It's a good experience tho. You should be in Abidjan before 8pm.
U will love the city.

Bro.....we got to the bus station in Abidjan around 6:30pm and I took a taxi to youpogon,mehn it took me almost an hour to get there from the bus station in trechville and I finally got a very nice hotel for 12k cefa per night.....Abidjan is a real beauty but the only problem is the language issue....it's so terrible that you will hardly come across someone that understands it....tank God for the lady that helped me talk to a taxi man but even after that I faced hell when I got to the hotel....at a point they had to go and look for someone who understood lil English before I was able to get a room.....I bought some spicy meat for 2kcfa and big bottle water for 500 cefa outside the hotel.......I doubt if I can stay for the budgeted 2 weeks dos of this language issue....meat seller, water seller, hotelier etc no understand nada for English but all in all.. It's a beautiful with some lovely,attractive buildings.....what about the very long beach....will give account tomorrow when I setup my laptop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:

Bro.....we got to the bus station in Abidjan around 6:30pm and I took a taxi to youpogon,mehn it took me almost an hour to get there from the bus station in trechville and I finally got a very nice hotel for 12k cefa per night.....Abidjan is a real beauty but the only problem is the language issue....it's so terrible that you will hardly come across someone that understands it....tank God for the lady that helped me talk to a taxi man but even after that I faced hell when I got to the hotel....at a point they had to go and look for someone who understood lil English before I was able to get a room.....I bought some spicy meat for 2kcfa and big bottle water for 500 cefa outside the hotel.......I doubt if I can stay for the budgeted 2 weeks dos of this language issue....meat seller, water seller, hotelier etc no understand nada for English but all in all.. It's a beautiful with some lovely,attractive buildings.....what about the very long beach....will give account tomorrow when I setup my laptop.

What time did you leave Accra?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ugosample:

What time did you leave Accra?

We left Accra station by 6:30am o....the major delay was the border.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
idera1:

Thanks and God bless!

My humble advice is to go to Lomé or Cotonou instead

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
shysteve:

We left Accra station by 6:30am o....the major delay was the border.
Yes Those guys at Elubo can be annoying
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ugosample:

My humble advice is to go to Lomé or Cotonou instead

And I say this because your budget will earn you higher utility in Cotonou/Lome than Abidjan.
You'll save money in transport costs, and in addition, things are cheaper in these countries than in Ivory Coast, even tho they all use the same currency.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
NairA is now nothing to write home about...even people were complaining at the border that nairA has become so useless....it's 1k nairA to 1600 cefa.....almost becoming 1 to 1.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.