Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

3 Things Jesus Never Said - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things Jesus Never Said (38117 Views)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by 9jatatafo(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Roydxemmy:
i have never come across it tho buh...buh we all knw it to be "God d father, God d son nd God d holy spirit....then for those of you saying d bible didnt condemn those evil act does nt mean its correct...did d bible tell to fall inside d fire wen u see one or stand in the centre of a main road, will u do such bedos its nt written in the bible? Ah guess u should knw what is good

I am not arguing about anything just that I wanted to know if the word "trinity" or "Holy Trinity" is written in the bible. I know we have the God the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is written.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Angrymode: 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
Who are those that applied for ekelebe here? I have a crime to report. There are some pathetic gays here and they are liable for 14years or deportation.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Aawizdom(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
femi4:
I and my Father are one Jn 10

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

"We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
means he who follow him, he follow GOD, and who disobey him disobeys GOD.....but he also not said "i am GOD, worship me".Jesus never says that i guess..
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by munex007(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
If you really want to know the real sayings of Jesus(May God be pleased with him) you have to research and find "injeel" or Gospel in the original hebrew language..Not the adulterated books conjured by mortals that keep conflicting each other..

It still baffles me why an animalistic function like having a son be attach to an un created creature,an infallible and supernal being like God..

It still baffles me why an higher animal who has mental ability to reason will think a Blood will erase all their sins..

Jesus like other prophets of God was a Messenger and Prophet and he was able to heal and do all the miracles with the permission of God..

Yes he was born miraculously,he spoke in cradle and yes he his coming back..I believe in him and his authentic teachings as a muslim

Seek the truth it will set you free..Devle into your heart and ask your creator to guide you to the path of monotheism and righteousness

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Jesusloveyou: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:
this issue of one wife self where is it written in the Bible?
jesus said love ur neighbor as urself, so dont cheat on any woman by marrying two, if u love that one, why marrying another one, and jesus also said u can leave ur wife for another, if she comit adultery
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
munex007:
Yes he was born miraculously,he spoke in cradle and yes he his coming back..I believe in him and his authentic teachings as a muslim

You cannot understand the things of GOD with your mind befuddled by the false and repugnant teachings of Islam.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by omnisali: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
calliope:
Jesus never said condemn Gays? But contemporary Christians does Dat?
Pathetic people grin
**Modified **
Y'all quoting me and saying rubbish should please stay on your lane....
Nd yes Am gay do y'all have problem with Dat undecided if you do Boil stone grin

Hahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!! Guy, abi na Girl, u r on a loooooong thing. Huhuhuhuhu!!!!!!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by kennedyugo: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are three of the most important things that we believe Jesus said but actually never did?

www.faithinthenews.com/3-things-jesus-never-said/

I can sense some deliberate twisting of the meaning of Matthew 16:24. The text is straightforward, there is no need to twist it or reexplain it if not for some personal inclinations. "If you want to follow Jesus you gotta take up your cross and follow Him". Being a Christian doesn't imply everything will be rossy. Even Christ said we will receive tribulations and trials. The apostles were persecuted, some were killed, some were jailed, etc. Those could be counted as crosses. In the present day, a Christian may have to face rejects or fierce opposition from friends and colleagues as a result of his faith. Those are the crosses. If you don't want to take up your cross, that means you want to lie on the same bed with sinners, compromising in every situation! Little wonder Jesus said "Strive to enter the narrow gate for many will desire to enter but they will not be able to"

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by ademega(m): 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
jesus said love ur neighbor as urself, so dont cheat on any woman by marrying two, if u love that one, why marrying another one, and jesus also said u can leave ur wife for another, if she comit adultery
marrying a another woman is showing love to the woman now and u kn before u marry the first one u, u must have disappointed so many others either directly or indirectly or intentionally or unintentionally.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Jesusloveyou: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

I am not arguing about anything just that I wanted to know if the word "trinity" or "Holy Trinity" is written in the bible. I know we have the God the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is written.
three in one means trinity, u wil see d word in new bible versions.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by MOGPman(m): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Jesus never said he is God
That Jesus never said He was God, does it change Him from being God? "......anyone who has seen me has seen the father......" (John 14:9). What do u make out of this assertion? Owing to your lack of spirituality, you people always interprete things in the flesh instead of by revelation!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
MOGPman:

That Jesus never said He was God, does it change Him from being God? "......anyone who has seen me has seen the father......" (John 14:9). What do u make out of this assertion? Owing to your lack of spirituality, you people always interprete things in the flesh instead of by revelation!

Pls are u intelligent or educated at all Y can't u read what u wrote there again and see whether it is even meaningful. I gave u verses where Jesus said he isn't God,until u tell me that jesus was lying or high with Osogbo weed when he was saying so

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Pls are u intelligent or educated at all Y can't u read what u wrote there again and see whether it is even meaningful. I gave u verses where Jesus said he isn't God,until u tell me that jesus was lying or high with Osogbo weed when he was saying so

Read Rev. 1:8. Jesus is GOD.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Pls are u intelligent or educated at all Y can't u read what u wrote there again and see whether it is even meaningful. I gave u verses where Jesus said he isn't God, until u tell me that jesus was lying or high with Osogbo weed when he was saying so

Can you state a verse in the Bible where Jesus explicitly said He is not GOD?
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Read Rev. 1:8. Jesus is GOD.

Then I realise a lot is wrong with you. After all verses have given to u. Pls if u can't tell me that jesus was lying or accept that bible has a lot of controversies and it is never a God's book cos God's words has no controversy,pls don't quote me again
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Then I realise a lot is wrong with you. After all verses have given to u. Pls if u can't tell me that jesus was lying or accept that bible has a lot of controversies and it is never a God's book cos God's words has no controversy,pls don't quote me again

Quote a verse in the Bible where Jesus explicitly said "I am not GOD"
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can you state a verse in the Bible where Jesus explicitly said He is not GOD?

Check my previous messages na ogbeni
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Check my previous messages na ogbeni

In your previous messages, there was never an instance Jesus explicitly said "I am not GOD".
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by femi4: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
Aawizdom:
means he who follow him, he follow GOD, and who disobey him disobeys GOD.....but he also not said "i am GOD, worship me".Jesus never says that i guess..
Pls don't disturb my mention if you are not knowledgeable enough to interpreted the scripture.

Can a mere man forgive sins?
No one except Jesus had such authority
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Roydxemmy: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

ohk...now ah get u, yet to come across it anyway.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

In your previous messages, there was never an instance Jesus explicitly said "I am not GOD".
God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)

‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible

‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)

‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)

The Bible says that God is not a son of man

‘God is not a man nor a son of man’ (Numbers 23:19)

The Bible often calls Jesus ‘a son of man’ or ‘the son of man.’

‘so will the son of man be’ (Matthew 12:40)

‘For the son of man is going to come’ (Matthew 16:27)

‘until they see the son of man coming in His kingdom.’ (Matthew 28)

‘But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority’ (Mark 2:10)

‘because he is the son of man’ (John 5:27)

In the Hebrew scriptures, the ‘son of man’ is also used many times speaking of people (Job 25:6; Psalm 80:17; 144:3; Ezekiel 2:1; 2:3; 2:6-8; 3:1-3).

Since God would not contradict Himself by first saying He is not the son of a man, then becoming a human being who was called ‘the son of man’, he would not have done so.  Remember God is not the author of confusion. Also, human beings, including Jesus, are called ‘son of man’ specifically to distinguish them from God, who is not a ‘son of man’ according to the Bible.

The Bible says that Jesus denied he is God

Jesus spoke to a man who had called him ‘good,’ asking him, ‘Why do you call me good?  No one is good except God alone.’ (Luke 18:19)

And he said to him, ‘Why are you asking me about what is good?  There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ (Matthew 19:17)

Jesus did not teach people that he was God

If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man.  Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

The Bible says that God is greater than Jesus

‘My Father is greater than I’ (John 14:28)

‘My father is greater than all.’ (John 10:29)

Jesus cannot be God if God is greater than him.  The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

Make thunder fire u if u still claim rubbish again. I am just tired of ur ignorance,puerile and lack of intelligent comments. Must u be blind and deaf to what ur pastors say to u alone. Y can't u behave like an educated person and accept that the book u call holy bible isn't even close to being holy because of a lot of controversies there. And seriously,if u follow the bible very well,i won't be surprise to see u in mosque or shrine
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Rexyl(m): 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

The reason I have prob with Christianity as a religion. Lot of controversies in the bible. One verse will say this,another one will say the opposite

You shouldn't have a the problem if you understand the message. All the messages point to God's plan for redemption and salvation, peaceful living and loving one another with godly love.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Ajixegun: 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Everfrank:

Jesus also never said "I AM GOD" or "WORSHIP ME".
Did he?
He is he the Son of Almighty God. If He is the son of Almighty God, thus He is God. A son to a lion will always be a lion (I lie?). one of the reasons Christians call on is this:
John10:7-18
7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me a are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. 17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkod4gov:
Make thunder fire u if u still claim rubbish again. I am just
tired of ur ignorance,puerile and lack of intelligent
comments. Must u be blind and deaf to what ur pastors say
to u alone. Y can't u behave like an educated person and
accept that the book u call holy bible isn't even close to
being holy because of a lot of controversies there. And seriously,if u follow the bible very well,i won't be surprise to
see u in mosque or shrine

I still can't see the statement "I am not GOD". Please show me.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by 9jatatafo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
Roydxemmy:
ohk...now ah get u, yet to come across it anyway.

Thanks for the info. Jah bless man!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
I have spiritual constipation by reading this post oooo
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Cityguy: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
ricsman:
Christianity is over 2000 years! even before its formation, the devil in human form has tried and is still trying to pull it down.

some religion will tell you Jesus never died because of the BLOOD. they rather tell you He is alive just to cover that ultimate price that was paid for mankind.

Correct
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Cityguy: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is simple: GOD knows one woman is enough for a man, and that's why He created only Eve for Adam.

That many people practised polygamy in the Bible does not mean that GOD sanctions it.
Simple
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DharmyYinks: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
otemanuduno:

so you mean that Jesus make mistakes of pronoun, talking about the third saying? LET HIM TAKE UP HIS CROSS AND FOLLOW ME...
is it not supposed to be LET HIM TAKE UP MY CROSS and follow me? While will someone use 'his' to refer to himself ?
U cant take Jesus cross. U re wu should be saved therefore u tak ur. cross/problems nd follow Him.

Wen u do.. He will lift ur burden for u nd giv u rest.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DharmyYinks: 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
aminusanti:

LOST SHEEPS....
Did jesus said am GOD?
If ur Father is a King. And He hands over His throne to you to control it. But He still has to do as He wishes.

U re the son. Tell me.. what name will you be called by the pple??
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DharmyYinks: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
Everfrank:
Jesus also never said "I AM GOD" or "WORSHIP ME". Did he?
Father pls give him the Grace to understand you. Amen!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Roydxemmy: 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

Thanks for the info. Jah bless man!
u wlc bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor "Heals Mad Man" In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (photos) / TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.