Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,449 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. (14252 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / PROPHECY: Buhari Will Be Distracted In 2017 But Pray For Him – Ogedengbe (PHOTO) / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2016
Well, I have noticed most of us don't really pay attention during church services especially Sunday services.
But here are steps to take that can help counter such distraction .

1)Sleeping early on Saturday night.-
Yes, sleeping early can actually be of help. You will definitely wake up early and prepare . sleeping early,will give your eyes/body enough rest and you won't doze off during service. No matter how boring it is.

2)Switching Off your Phones- this one is very common among us. You get distracted by your phone and you just find yourself operating your device during service. Even if you don't want to switch of your phone, you can as well put it on silent and make sure its in your pocket .

3) Seating close to your crush- lol. I know it sounds weird but its the truth . 99% of guys who mistakenly seats close to girls they admire often feel uncomfortable during service. You see them adjusting their trouser every moment. They will be staring uncontrollably at girl and so on.

4)Avoid seating with your friends- Yes this is very common among both boys and girls. When you seat close to your friends during church service, you find out, one talk lead to another, discussion has started . I remember two guyz arguing during service over a Barca Madrid match the watched the previous night lol.

5)Avoid charging your phone in the church- I know most of you won't agree on this, but its the simple truth. When you take your phones to the church for charging, you find yourself always monitoring the phone so it won't get missing . anytime you see someone going to the direction your phone is being charged, you feel very uncomfortable.

6)Preparing yourself for offering - Yes, this very true. Most times, guyz especially, go to church with #1k without changing it, then when its time for offering you see them going straight to the usher bringing out the money for others to see he don't have change. Lol. Dudes like this are always in church to hunt for girls. Lol

7)Going to service late/seating close to the wrong person- most times when you get to service late, and you just entered and seat anywhere out of hurry, and you mistakenly seats close to that wrong dude/madam that didn't brush her teeth before coming to church, oga, you are on your own o . lol, you know the rest

8 )Making sure you are okay before leaving the house- this is common among girls. Some persons won't poo and urinate before going to church. You see most of them running to the toilet one after the other to do their thing. This also involves going to church and not feeling okay . some of them will vomit and sometimes cause a scene during service.

Kindly Add yours. Happy Sunday all, have a best week.

http://donariok.mywapblog.com/8-ways-on-how-not-to-be-distracted-in-ch.xhtml

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Last2comment(m): 7:15am On Apr 24, 2016
The part about as seating with your crush grin
What happens when an usher seats you in between your two exes and God touches the pastor to preach on fornication and adultery that day.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 24, 2016
9. Avoid paying offering more than once:

Many chuch are guilty of it

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Pastor daughter wedding offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Generator/petrol offering
Church workers' salary offering
Banner offering
Sick patient offering
Old people offering

The funny thing is there won't be widower's offering or fathers' day offering and you will never see pastor dancing to come and drop offering. Even ushers don't go near them with offering bags as if God said pastors are bigger than offering

After paying all these numerous offering, d day u ask welfare group for little help, they will claim there's no money. The church members are getting poorer and d church is collecting fat money.

That's why me no dey pay pass once in a month. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur salary inside offering box.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 24, 2016
Last2comment:
The part about as seating with your crush grin
What happens when an usher seats you in between your two exes and God touches the pastor to preach on fornication and adultery that day.
lol , na to run from church be that o

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by TPAND(f): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2016
Sitting in front..

The seats of the scorners and noise makers is at the back. Ps 1 Vs 1

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by donbenedict(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2016
Front page bound..
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by dollyjoy(f): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2016
If the sermon is boring one will be distracted by sleep.

nothing can be done about it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Peritus(m): 8:26am On Apr 24, 2016
Your mind is the battle ground of your body and spirit. Distraction is not always external, it could be within one's mind. One can be in the church bodily, but in his mind, he could be in another state or even be fantasizing of his presence in a Utopian world entirely. Every Christian should train his mind to be focused, and to yield to the spirit, not only in church but also while praying.
In addition to the listed, make sure ur mind is firm. You don't have to dwell ur thought on every thing that crosses ur eyes.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2016
I'm hardly distracted in church as I'm highly focused on getting blessed by listening to the words of God. My weakness though is big boobs. I don't know if our ushers are selected by the size of their boobs because all of them have gigantic boobs that distracts me every time they pass by. sad

4 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Everest880: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2016
My pastor wife is my main distraction in church, not all these shits above grin

5 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Dottore: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2016
Hmm
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by looseweight: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2016
@ no 2, I don't take my phone to church most times
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Everest880:
cool
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by rawtouch: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2016
issorait
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by chimah3(m): 9:38am On Apr 24, 2016
NAIRALAND is a major distraction!!!!

Like if you agree cry

7 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by bengems(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2016
In Africa, especially 9ja, churches used to be filled up and sometimes masses are held in batches. we're moved so much by the religious things, but our hearts are darker than darkness itself. should I say we play by the rule " The nearer to to the alter, the far away from God".

Oyibo no dey go church O○○••°¡ but their life style is pleasing God.

to me, there's nothing more sweet than a snappy sermon...I always leave the church premises if the sermon becomes too lengthy and boring...After all going to church every Sunday doesn't add anything to my righteousness.

For someone to be good to himself, to God and humanity, such person must change his mindset from "greed" to "Love"

#Myownsermon

I don preach finish....

Chikenah.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by tunapawizzy: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2016
Everest880:
Na ur pastor wife u dey go look for church

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Modsenemy(f): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Banner offering

The funny thing is there won't be widower's offering or fathers' day offering and you will never see pastor dancing to come and drop offering. Even ushers don't go near them with offering bags as if God said pastors are bigger than offering

After paying all these numerous offering, d day u ask welfare group for little help, they will claim there's no money. The church members are getting poorer and d church is collecting fat money.

That's why me no dey pay pass once in 2 months. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur money inside offering box.

I wonder hw pple like u talk like u understand the works of God .
To be realistic ,if u don't pay offerings like u mentioned though some re exagerated, will u single handedly pay them ? E.g church building . Bsides u no dey even go church sef.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by chimah3(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2016
tunapawizzy:

Na ur pastor wife u dey go look for church

You dey mind am!!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2016
I'm trying to focus but...

10 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by danielblessing(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Banner offering

That's why me no dey pay pass once in 2 months. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur money inside offering box.
The offerings too much oo
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Teespice(f): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2016
I don't take my phones to church because it can be very distracting. let the messages wait.

also, sitting with familiar faces can cause distractions as there is the tendency to chit chat.

but what's the spirit behind sleeping once the sermon starts?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by chimah3(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm hardly distracted in church as I'm highly focused on getting blessed by listening to the words of God. My weakness though is big boobs. I don't know if our ushers are selected by the size of their boobs because all of them have gigantic boobs that distracts me every time they pass by. sad

Give your life to christ!! Lol!! grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Accomodation rental bill is paid on time
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Ayindesegun10(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2016
I'm not even going to church today.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Modsenemy:

I wonder hw pple like u talk like u understand the works of God .
To be realistic ,if u don't pay offerings like u mentioned though some re exagerated, will u single handedly pay them ? E.g church building . Bsides u no dey even go church sef.
Religion trap don catch this one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by chimah3(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2016
TPAND:
Sitting in front..

The seats of the scorners and noise makers is at the back. Ps 1 Vs 1

Back is for observing!!! cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by freecocoa(f): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2016
Just don't go to church and save yourself the trouble.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2016
Pretend to be blind!!!!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by ilovebbwgirl: 9:47am On Apr 24, 2016
but this type of poster will surely attract you

https://www.nairaland.com/3066081/hilarious-church-poster-pics-video

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by coldsummer: 9:49am On Apr 24, 2016
NOT WITHSTANDING IF THE PREACHER IS BORING YOU DEFINITELY WILL BE DISTRACTED.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? / Prayer Is Important But Praise Is More Important / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.