Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress (19879 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Nigeria Labour Congress Hails Senate, Threatens Mass Action / Underground For 2 Years, Tompolo, Still Looms Large In The Niger Delta / As Nigeria Shifts Nearer To The Break Line (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by MarysMeal: 6:26am On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

If you don't show me where I prayed for the downfall of the country, May all your heart desires never be granted. Amen?

I don't need to stress myself on digging out your past posts here. Even without openly praying for the downfall, anyone will easily decipher your intention, which is downfall of the country by all means.

Are you not the same person who support some urchins here called ipob? The same urchins go on every thread screaming the "zoo" must fall. Now, tell me what this means?

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by ASL33: 6:29am On Apr 25, 2016
Caseless:
gej did not buy any arm, even if he did, they were scrap. He told us they were not selling arms to him; he resorted to buying the arm through fraudulent means (the botched arm purchase in SA). We lost money in that operation. If through dasuki alone we lost billion dollars in less than 1 year, tell me what would have been lost in 6 year under gej in this manner. They stole so much that I can't believe they bought anything.
Agreed he did not buy or he bought scrap. Why is the op refering to the scrap as adequate arms?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by SeverusSnape(m): 6:34am On Apr 25, 2016
MarysMeal:

I don't need to stress myself on digging out your past posts here. Even without openly praying for the downfall, anyone will easily decipher your intention, which is downfall of the country by all means.

Are you not the same person who support some urchins here called ipob? The same urchins go on every thread screaming the "zoo" must fall. Now, tell me what this means?
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

See accusations!... Just like your party leaders are going about accusing people wrongly, You're doing the same.

Pray tell, Just show me where I supported ipob, Besides supporting ipob is even better than supporting Bokoharam like you lots were doing some times ago. Why do you think we were calling APC Supporters 'janjaweeds_', Try typing janjawe-eds and what you'll get is "APC Supporters".

I've told you, You don't have anything to lose, take your time and dig out just one of my post praying for the downfall of this country. I'm waiting.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by EmeritusMbaM: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2016
MarysMeal:

There is one called severussnape here, he always pray for the down fall of his country.

Well, they should continue to wish there country evil, they will also suffer cos those politicians and there family are 100% secure. Only dumb kids pray evil for his country and still complain of hardship. Foolish people

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Ryabcool(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2016
LRNZH:

Guy you have been on this forum for a while now. You should be maturing through interactions with other reasonable members of NL.

How is your post related to the discussion at hand biko?
uppercut! shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by tsdarkside(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2016
caleb404:
[b]In as much as Niger Delta do not feel the impact of their oil wealth, the pipelines will be destroyed.

If una like make una carry the whole military men come... Asking Obasanjo some quick questions will benefit Buhari a lot.

Una want use oil money build railway from Lagos to the North and una cancel Calabar-Lagos, downgraded 2nd Niger Bridge funds. Buhari keeps acting as if he doesn't know anything about it,... we're not foolish. Jonathan wen sign the contracts was not a fool. He delivered Abuja-Kaduna... now to run Lagos-Calabar una want play ojoro put.

Keep blaming the southern senators when we know fully well say na the appropriation/allocation committee comprising Northerners na run the heist without the knowledge of the mainstream Senate body.

Let's see how you'll build Lagos and Abuja and abandon SS/SE. Una dey build refinery for Lagos, not 1 but 2. Then una go draw pipeline from Niger Delta to transport crude whilst keeping armed men everywhere so we nor go fit breath. Una still dey learn work.

All the headquarters of the oil companies dey Lagos and Abuja employing other tribes whereas we went oil flow pass our backyard we nor even dey see NNPC contract jobs run. Make we dey watch. The vibes already show say tompolo self dey learn.

We watch as they keep frustrating the ibaka seaport, we watch as they've taken the Enugu international airport to the cleaners... we see as they all want the airport to be downgraded... as if Murtala Mohammed airport attained it's heights in 4 years. We're watching, wen push comes to shove everybody go answer their papa name.

By the time we're done with the pipelines Osun monthly allocation go be minimum wage. Rubbish!
[/b]

dont mind dem....its one of nigerias twisted logic...they must do everything complicated...

extremly bizarrr way of thinking...
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by maestroz: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
LRNZH:

[b]You're just waking up abi? Instead of raising the relevant question you start by insulting the president. Is that how to engage in a civil debate?

To your question, Nigeria has the option to either keep relying in crude swap which will clear the fuel queues but is hurting the country significantly. The current scarcity is because the FG cannot afford to keep playing the old game (you know what the crude price is) of accomodating rent seekers.

Things are readjusting. Dr. Kachikwu has promised by the end of May or so, there will be respite and this is coming from projects to get the refineries in proper function. The FG is more long term focused now. It takes political will and vision to achieve those.

My only gripe with the FG is the price fixing in the the downstream sector. They could have totally removed subsidy and let marketers do their thing with market forces determining prices of petroleum products. With that said, we don't see what they see.

I believe that with the 3 refineries fully functional by next month and reliable crude supply lines , full deregulation will follow suite. This is what successive last governments have been unable to achieve.
[/b]

broz!...you get sense.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by fmorrah(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:
The petroleum minister is a dullard. He should resign.

Nigerians are suffering on the queues and they are here lying to themselves.

Propagandists tongue
Sir , Choose in BTW wisdom and anger ..... They both can't work together ...thanks

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Kunlegzy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
caleb404:
[b]In as much as Niger Delta do not feel the impact of their oil wealth, the pipelines will be destroyed.

If una like make una carry the whole military men come... Asking Obasanjo some quick questions will benefit Buhari a lot.

Una want use oil money build railway from Lagos to the North and una cancel Calabar-Lagos, downgraded 2nd Niger Bridge funds. Buhari keeps acting as if he doesn't know anything about it,... we're not foolish. Jonathan wen sign the contracts was not a fool. He delivered Abuja-Kaduna... now to run Lagos-Calabar una want play ojoro put.

Keep blaming the southern senators when we know fully well say na the appropriation/allocation committee comprising Northerners na run the heist without the knowledge of the mainstream Senate body.

Let's see how you'll build Lagos and Abuja and abandon SS/SE. Una dey build refinery for Lagos, not 1 but 2. Then una go draw pipeline from Niger Delta to transport crude whilst keeping armed men everywhere so we nor go fit breath. Una still dey learn work.

All the headquarters of the oil companies dey Lagos and Abuja employing other tribes whereas we went oil flow pass our backyard we nor even dey see NNPC contract jobs run. Make we dey watch. The vibes already show say tompolo self dey learn.

We watch as they keep frustrating the ibaka seaport, we watch as they've taken the Enugu international airport to the cleaners... we see as they all want the airport to be downgraded... as if Murtala Mohammed airport attained it's heights in 4 years. We're watching, wen push comes to shove everybody go answer their papa name.

By the time we're done with the pipelines Osun monthly allocation go be minimum wage. Rubbish!
[/b]

Can you please ask your Governors why their impact isn't felt ?
Should the FG start allocating another % again to you guys? The derivations you guys are getting, did your state government put it in good use? Bayelsa state as case study here ; tell me one good thing that become of that state with the huge allocation minus the thin population there ? They still owe workers in just 8 LGAs. Question your Governor before the FG start another process of babysitting....

I don't even know where you belong maybe SS or SE, if you are SS the above message is for you and then if you are SE, I wouldn't even say a word cos you people case are always complex, I have good friend from that end and i won't your type to stain my relationship with them.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
caleb404:

[/b]

All the oil companies that were headquartered in Bayelsa state or delta state, your allies drove them out with killing, kidnapping and robbery. And you people cheered them on.

Why are you surprised that serious companies who value the lives and safety of their staff stay away in Lagos or even Port Harcourt where it is safer?

caleb404:
In as much as Niger Delta do not feel the impact of their oil wealth, the pipelines will be destroyed.

Under GEJ, the Niger Delta did not feel the impact of its oil wealth, yet pipelines were not destroyed. Peace was only achieved due to bribes and contracts given to ex-militants and thugs.

Just come out and say you want some free largesse from this Government. Simple!

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by 9jatatafo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
It's human that laid the underground pipes and it will take humans again to vandalize them. Let the system works and vandalism will be a thing of the past. Carry everyone along and make job available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Garshyzee(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Until I start to buy fuel fr 87 naira..ibe kachukwu should Bleep off!!!
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by defash8: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
I know the country do not have money to sink over 46km pipeline in less than 12 months in power so I am struggling to take the story. I wonder how crude will be pumped to Kaduna without been sabotaged again. Before we can get anything reasonable the pipeline must be protected from vandals & saboteurs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by groovie(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
These leaders sef. How can anybody say the best way to deliver crude oil to refineries is by pipelines Jeez. There is nothing safer than contracting vessels to do the job until our security forces can stand up to their responsibilities of protecting pipelines.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Kunlegzy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
9jatatafo:
It's human that laid the underground pipes and it will take humans again to vandalize them. Let the system works and vandalism will be a thing of t
he past. Carry everyone along and make job available

If you cut up in the fiasco then you go with it.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by saintmark88(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
All these Niger deltans making mouth here of how they would blow up pipelines n mke Nija ungovernable for baba, let's keep them quiet, we know who we voted for, I only pray they don't cry out genocide when the time comes, they think they r more powerful than the nation, ur president had his time to alleviate ur region for 6yrz he didn't, instead was busy building almajiri schools... Okay now... Now he is gone, ur pple r still complaining d same complain u were complaining bfre he became a VICE president, was very happy to hear d news Tht buhari has deployed service chiefs to d ND.... U guys would be surprised as to what u r going get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by henryboff(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
@poster: let us try to stop politicizing things in naija. We should be happy that the pipelines are finally functioning. This will help the average naija man. We should not use such news to score cheap political points. If you actually look into the details you will see that this present administration inherited this pipeline repair contract and were just lucky to be in power when the project was completed. I commend the government for following through with projects from the past administration though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by 9jatatafo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Kunlegzy:

If you cut up in the fiasco then you go with it.

Sure but do they have the man power and competence to monitor it?
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by ozoemenaca: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
We don't need to talk too much Kachikwu promised Nigerians that by May every thing relating fuel problem would be over. May is almost here so we are watching and hoping that this would not be like their campaign promises. You know these people are funny, they can always post things like this to deceive those who easily falls to their lies and propaganda.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by shamecurls(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
vedaxcool:

I urge all to compare this post with severussnapes posts and you will conclude that severussnapes post lack sensible and intelligent coherent points in its entirety.

Dude is naturally dull

It hurts knowing he himself accuse people of being dull.

Strange world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Kunlegzy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
9jatatafo:

Sure but do they have the man power and competence to monitor it?

Of course bro or sis they do.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Nostradamu(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Babalegba:
And what did your leaders do with all the money that flowed into Bayelsa. They stole it leaving the state dirt poor. You are your own worst enemy

God bless you for asking him, her (or it) this SENSIBLE question. Sorry Nigeria has been in this quagmire for years, sorry things are Fcvked up right now, sorry the future of the country seemingly looks uncertain etc. But, to make the country great again, we all have to try and have an ounce of faith in this new regime, as bitter as this pill may be --very bitter.

Also, what has the previous stewards of the state he's crying about done to alleviate the sufferings of our brothers and sisters from the south-south? Can they render proper account of monies allocated to them while they were in office? This month, the fed has asked that deductions from bailout funds should not be removed from source (to allow payment of worker's salaries, which some governors had squandered during the 2015 elections) before sharing money from the excess crude account. Tell me, what more can a government do to show that they want the best for this country?

Lastly, it's not as if i agree with all the policies of the incumbent president (at all), but i'm not blind to the fact that it seems (it seems cause four years isn't up yet.) they are making a head-start in reviving this Lazarus called Nigeria.

Irrespective, whether it's an igbo man, itshekiri, ijaw, fulani, Indian, Youruba, German that's ruling the country: God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Hafizufizy: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
caleb404:

[/b]
wailer I hail u o

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Hafizufizy: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Food for the wailers, that's why them plenty here.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by mykelly(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
It is very obvious you are a genius, I recommend you take over when he is sacked Wiseman [quote author=SeverusSnape post=45002637]The petroleum minister is a dullard. He should resign.

Propagandists tongue[/quo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by tylerbraid(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
The sad thing about the wailers is they would always find something to say. Even when the petrol becomes readily available from next month, the wailers would be saying things like "its only temporary", "pipe will soon burst", "they're releasing too much crude, do they wanna finish it?", "the fuel doesn't look as fine as GEJ's own", "the fuel is fake cos its locally made". Its not as if I'm prophesying negatively, its just the fact. These wailers won't just stop & accept the government as it is. Only if they knew that the wailing doesn't pass the borders on nairaland. Your prayers & 'positive contribution' to the economy will make Nigeria great... Simple

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by diegwu01: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
groovie:
These leaders sef. How can anybody say the best way to deliver crude oil to refineries is by pipelines Jeez. There is nothing safer than contracting vessels to do the job until our security forces can stand up to their responsibilities of protecting pipelines.
Safer? Yes but which is faster and more efficient?
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by mykelly(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
It is very obvious you are a genius, I recommend you take over from him when sacked WISE-ONE
SeverusSnape:

Propagandists tongue
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by tymgotel: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Propagandists tongue
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by tymgotel: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Propagandists tongue
remember say na ur presido be the minister.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by nd07(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
LRNZH:

[b]You're just waking up abi? Instead of raising the relevant question you start by insulting the president. Is that how to engage in a civil debate?

To your question, Nigeria has the option to either keep relying in crude swap which will clear the fuel queues but is hurting the country significantly. The current scarcity is because the FG cannot afford to keep playing the old game (you know what the crude price is) of accomodating rent seekers.

Things are readjusting. Dr. Kachikwu has promised by the end of May or so, there will be respite and this is coming from projects to get the refineries in proper function. The FG is more long term focused now. It takes political will and vision to achieve those.

My only gripe with the FG is the price fixing in the the downstream sector. They could have totally removed subsidy and let marketers do their thing with market forces determining prices of petroleum products. With that said, we don't see what they see.

I believe that with the 3 refineries fully functional by next month and reliable crude supply lines , full deregulation will follow suite. This is what successive last governments have been unable to achieve.
[/b]

Kachikwu once told us in their findings that its cheaper importing than refining. Getting our refineries at their function state is quite a feat worth applause but we should look at d other side of it- the cost of running & maintance, so that unforeseen logistics costs wouldn't crop up to mare the whole thing at d long run

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Fury007: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Propagandists tongue

Buhari is a dullard, Kachikwu is a dullard, Jagaban is a dullard... All according to you, an irrelevant news media entity with no known capabilities and with an infinitely high probability of eternal obscurity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) / Presidency Releases Buhari’s Voice Message, Denies Report On Speech Impairment / Burial Of Carolina Obiano, Governor Willie Obiano's Mother In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.