Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) (35637 Views)

South African Law Graduate & His Great Grandmum Who Sponsored His Education / If You Have The Opportunity Of Removing Any Subject From Education (PHOTO) / What A 9-year Old High School Graduate Wants To Study Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by ijustdey: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
A 32-year-old visually impaired man, Kamilu Suleiman, has decided to sell one of his kidneys to further his education.

A graduate of Electrical Electronics from Kaduna Polytechnic, Mr. Suleiman did his Youth Service Corps in 2014.

Explaining the reason for his decision, Mr. Suleiman said, “Frustration is what brought the idea of my readiness to sell one of my kidneys just to get money to sponsor my education. I really want to be useful to the society. I don’t want the effort of my parents to go in vein.

An indigene of Ilobu in Osun State, Mr. Suleiman was born and grew up in Kaduna State as the second of 7 children.

While explaining how he lost his sight, he stated that he was diagnosed with Glaucoma at the National Eye Centre Kaduna in 2009, but lost his sight completely in 2012 .

“I was supposed to graduate in 2012 but because of a carryover (C.O) I got in one subject, I went for my NYSC in year 2013 and finished in year 2014.
“I was posted to Plateau State but requested for redeployment back to Kaduna due to my condition.

After I became completely blind I decided to live with a friend to avoid my parents seeing me in this condition because I don’t like seeing them worried.”

Mr. Suleiman said his goal is to study courses and programs that will enable him maximise his present situation.

“So I’m appealing to well meaning Nigerians to help me with a job or scholarship to further my education. I have applied to various media organizations seeking for job but I didn’t hear anything positive.

“My effort to look for somebody to sponsor my Masters program didn’t yield result. I just want to further my education so as to be useful to society and help others in my condition too.

“My parents don’t have the money and I don’t to be a burden on them,” he said.

He explained some of the steps he has taken to seek support from influential Nigerians.

“I got a letter from Jama’atul Nasril Islam (JNI) to my governor, Rauf Aregbesola, in 2014. Another letter to Chief Imam of Yorubaland, Mustapha Ajibade, and to the Chief Imam of my home town seeking for assistance but I’m yet to hear from them.

“The letter to the governor I gave it to his personal Assistant, Alhaji Sikiru. I also spoke to Deputy Speaker House of Representatives who is from my home town, Lasun Sulaiman Yusuf, who also promised to help me but as I speak to you he has stopped picking my calls,” he said.

Mr. Suleiman said he had also sent a letter, through courier, to Shehu Sani, an activist who currently represents Kaduna Central in the Senate.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/202341-blind-graduate-puts-kidney-sale.html

2 Shares

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by maxti: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
It is well. Success shall be yours

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by joedave(m): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
The Mighty One that see to the needs of the orphans, destitutes, the poor, will see to your needs. A quick succour will come before you ever have to sell your kidney.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
wow! This is just sad but getting a masters degree may not be the best of options. The economy has become so bad that nobody is immune to unemployment including so-called master degree holders. God will see you through though smiley smiley

By the way what's the definition of class+beauty+brains? cheesy

Of course Lanicky is grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Really.. U are blind and wants to sell kidney as well?
Gosh....

10 Likes

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by 4nobody4every1: 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Selling your kidney to pursue your Masters degree might not solve your problem, you are currently challenged with sight issues, you need a job or probably some kind of support from relevant governmental agencies , besides, how l wish some of the looted billions in the hands of our wicked politicians been recovered by the EFCC will be used to set up charity/ NGO's to cater for needs like yours, so sad for your condition, poverty is indeed a bastard sad

19 Likes

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by nairagossip: 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
hmmm
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by jtjohn(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
why can't our government provide jobs for this kind of people.......All dey know is how to embezzle and transfer the money abroad....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Category1: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
[size=15pt]such a fine man embarassed....may almighty God see u through In life and from today till next week, by the special grace of God you shall find a person who will sponsor you throughout your masters, to avoid you from taking away your precious kidney. Ijn
AMEN.
I hate reading stories like this. Its hurts so bad. .[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by shamecurls(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Malaysia things...

If na travel section diz news dey, Boys go don dey bell diz dude from Malay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by nedu2000(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
How much?

2 Likes

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by ifeelgood: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
After kidney what next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by beGOOD4aba(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
na buhari cause am
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by DExplorer1: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
Some ambition can really be weird but possible.
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by hemartins(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
These are the kind of people I love to help.
Wish I had money.

Where are the NGOs and other Charity organizations.
Pls help this guy.

1 Like

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
U blind, u wan come still sell kidney join shocked

1 Like

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by realGURU(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
may GOD pick your call

2 Likes

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by dammytosh: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
These are the impact of the money Saraki and co stole from the nation.

More reason why it shal not be well with anybody who steal our money and common wealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by glossy6(f): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Too bad, poverty made him lose his sight and now unemployment wants to make him lose his kidney

1 Like

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Beehshorp(m): 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
Guy... Better find ur way cos dis country no send anybody
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by afanide: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
The guy seem to have given up hope on life.
His decision though and lets respect it.
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by xreal: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ilobu in Osun State.

I hope Aregbesola is reading this.
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Daniel058(m): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
I THINK YOU ARE MAKING ALL WRONG DECISIONS, you are supposed to be begging for money to start business , then get married to a loyal chic who will take good care of your soul and body.. I think you are being a burden upon yourself.. Well people threaten to kill themselves if their problem isn't solved but I this one is like insult to your Parents and siblings you are planning to make money so u be able to help
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by JOYOSITA(f): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't think that is the best option though.
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
NNA MEN!! STRAIGHT TO BUSINESS...HOW MUCH IS THE KIDNEY?A LOT OF CLIENTS ARE ON THEIR WAY BIKO NU...
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
it's well...
what's hu?
what's man?
what's human?....
why we born in the first place, if this is how we gon' go?....
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by missyge(f): 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
I sincerely understand how u feel Mr. Suleiman. I blive dat one day...ur dreams will come true. Even ur sight will be restored. Ur parents and friends will be proud of u.

Dats my believe

1 Like

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by rawtouch: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
Wrong move
Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
Happy birthday to me. +1 actually feels good.

2 Likes

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by Hollawaley(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
Buhari fuvck you

1 Like

Re: Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) by YaksonFCA(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hm!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joaness Frimpong Graduates With First Class In Petroleum Engineering In Ghana / I Regret Going To The University / University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.