Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation (87320 Views)

NigComSat-1, Nigeria's Satellite In The Orbit: What Is The Situation Now? / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area?? / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Necessity is the mother of invention grin
Goahead:
There was a thread I saw on nairaland some months ago, the dude made his homemade interverter with UPS and batteries...

Buhari is really working!

2 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
adeaks:

Yes.
1.5kwa - 2. 5kwa if you have AC and fridge, if you go for 1. 5kwa, i suggest get 4 batteries. Then plan for solar panels,
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
Try inverter and you'll get hooked grin
luxs:
Gen z still more economical to run
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bigtt76(f): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ok but it could still mean the company connected the Solar panels to your battery charger direct and supplied the house from the battery through the inverter.

Ideally it would be best if your house I s supplied during the day from the solar panels and the battery charged through this route while at night the battery supplies the house. So it means your battery discharges less than it would if connected otherwise.

Some appliances such as fridge or freezer can work during the day on solar and turned off at night to power other appliances which are night use so power can be optimized correctly.

Looking forward to the diagram. I would be very grateful.

[quote author=GODAKPAN post=45010163][/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by amokemi(m): 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
Thanks op. I will get something like that. I need a meter that can help me determining the charge time and consumption level.
Thanks.

DMerciful:
The main reason I install the analog ameter is to monitor my load so I can have long backup time. Since the inverter does not have a digital display that's d only way I can regulate my load by knowing what each load consume. It also tells me when the batteries are fully charged as the pointer will go to zero signifying d end of active charging. I bought d meter from Alaba at about 2k and connect it in series with d positive terminal.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by crownlast: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
double edge technologies,

Inverter and Solar Power Solutions

Get Inverter System for your house now, our inverter system can last 16- 24 hours,

Call 08060595019 for more information or send a mail to clementcrownrise@gmail.com for more information

• 800va/12v inverter + battery + installation - N120,000
• 1.5kva/24v inverter + batteries + installation - N200,000
• 2.5kva/24v inverter + 2 batteries + installation - N280,000
• 2.5kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N420,000
• 3kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N530,000
• 3.5kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N680,000
• 5kva/96v inverter + 8 batteries + installation - N800,000
• 7.5kva/120v inverter +10 batteries + installation - N920,000
• 10kva/180v inverter + 15 batteries + installation - N1,675,000
• 15kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N2,775,000
• 20kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N4,650,000
• 30kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N6,150,000
• 50kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N10,500,000

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
DMerciful:
Try inverter and you'll get hooked grin
de guy no sabi, make him continue to carry generator to queue at fueling station for days

6 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigtt76:
Ok but it could still mean the company connected the Solar panels to your battery charger direct and supplied the house from the battery through the inverter.

Ideally it would be best if your house I s supplied during the day from the solar panels and the battery charged through this route while at night the battery supplies the house. So it means your battery discharges less than it would if connected otherwise.

Some appliances such as fridge or freezer can work during the day on solar and turned off at night to power other appliances which are night use so power can be optimized correctly.

Looking forward to the diagram. I would be very grateful.
THANKS A MILLION, I JUST LEARNT THIS FROM YOU, WILL DEFINATELY CHECK WHEN I GET HOME

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by codedguy1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
LongJohnS:

OK. So for how long does the battery last before it finally wears our??

1.5kv inverter with 2batteries will give u 12-16hrs light straight when fully charged, that is using it with like 2fans, tv and energy saving light bulbs.

As long as you have nepa light for like 6hrs (does not have to be 6hrs straight) you will see dust accumulate on your gen as long as when the inverter is working only necessary things are on.

If the nepa situation is terrible you can use ur gen to charge the inverter for like just 4-5hrs and the inverter will give u 7-8hrs of light. It means u don't have to run gen thruout the night.

No be i-better pass my gen oo, normal 2.5kv gen.

6 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Sirmuel1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

not when me get Igbo brain.. reverse is the case o

Don't say I didn't warn you oh grin
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Rebiliv: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Calll Rebiliv for pocket friendly prices
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by nigerianvenom(m): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
All I need is stable and uninterrupted Power supply from my useless government....

The whites that make this stuff...they don't use it.

#Saynotoinverters
#saynotogenerators
#allineedisastablepowerfrommygovernment
Hahaha hahaha. No make me laugh
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sirmuel1:

Fear still dey catch me oh grin

Its a good idea anyway
no fear again, there are different coys dealing on inverters, you can get 1. 5kva @ 100k depending, but No rag or trolley for your battery and ups
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nice setup you got here. What is the wattage of the solar panels
GODAKPAN:
MINE COST A LITTLE ABOVE 900K, 3.5KVA INVERTER, 4 BATTERIES, 8 SOLAR PANEL AND CHARGE CONTROLLER, ITS BEEN WONDERFUL.

COST: PANEL =48K EACH
INVERTER =135K
BATTERIES =56K EACH
CHARGE CONTROLLER =50K
BATTERY/PANEL RACK =40K
INSTALLATION =75K
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sirmuel1:

*smile... no worry bro... I no dey carry last...
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by princefaculty(m): 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
adeaks:

Three years is quite a long time, but how much did it cost you set it all up?

Yea it is, have been using those batteries until one gave way few months ago so I changed them.

I got the 1.5kva pure sine wave for 65k, the batteries for 55k each then about 20k for installations.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sirmuel1:

*smile... no worry bro... I no dey carry last...
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by saleskara: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
ValarDoharis:
I don't have an inverter but planning to buy. I have a colleague who combined it with solar and he doesn't use mains supply. The solar panels supply his entire house. He has about 20 solar panels on his roof. That's what I'm saving for.

Kindly buy it from Kara Nigeria. QUALITY INVERTER AND SOLAR POWER now available for sale at best price Click here for Solar Power - http://www.kara.com.ng/solar-power , Click here for Inverter - http://www.kara.com.ng/inverters.

Buy Inverter , inverter battery, Inverter Rack and Inverter installation kit and get FREE INSTALLATION OFFER IN LAGOS
Call : 07044913736 , 09091909269 for more details.

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
doskie:
lolzzz... help me sell my market naaauuu.... I be ur broda ohh.
lol, i get, but You can't sale 10kva here, people here just need 5kva max

10Kva is over a million naira na, you want empty people account.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
DMerciful:
Nice setup you got here. What is the wattage of the solar panels

CHAIRMAN, I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU THOSE INFORMATION WHEN I GET HOME AND CHECK MY BOOKS, I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT THE SYSTEM HENCE MY CONTRACTING IT TO LUMINOUS ITSELF. THEY CAME FROM LAGOS TO UYO TO FIX IT. I JUST TRUSTED THEM AND HAVE GAT NO CAUSE TO COMPLAIN YET. MAYBE BECAUSE WHAT YOU DONT KNOW WOULDNT HURT YOU BUT AV GAT THE LIGHTS I WANTED

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by fabulous01(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Using my 800VA wit a bat3 200h since 2013 and no issue since den. Atime 3months without touchin my get
Only 2hrs light in day to boost d bat3 for use for more dan 6hrs.

Nepa to Phcn to manitoba is a dupe of right....total fraud.

U need a consultant to light ur home
Contact 08033186399
Bless Ages Power Solutions.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by stevkc: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
Why waste your money on petrol. Contact me EnergyWorld for ur solar power installation, inverter system and every solar job. Call 08069487971 or stevkc2007@yahoo.com
We render the best services
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Hahaha hahaha. No make me laugh
guy E no funny o.... I'm just a young man hustling to survive... # sey you fit take 200k+ go buy inverter?

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by doskie(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
lol, i get, but You can't sale 10kva here, people here just need 5kva max

10Kva is over a million naira na, you want empty people account.
hahahahaa... baba why you wan dey fall nlnders hand nau? no reason dem oh. strong men full this ground. as in; padded G's.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Sirmuel1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
no fear again, there are different coys dealing on inverters, you can get 1. 5kva @ 100k depending, but No rag or trolley for your battery and ups

Thank You, I will get one someday.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ValarDoharis: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Whatsapp on 08035415969....I can be of help
bigtt76:
Solar panels is the best option jaaaare. Please can you link me with your guy? Want to know how to go about mine. I want the same too. Thanks

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
GODAKPAN:
MINE COST A LITTLE ABOVE 900K, 3.5KVA INVERTER, 4 BATTERIES, 8 SOLAR PANEL AND CHARGE CONTROLLER, ITS BEEN WONDERFUL.

COST: PANEL =48K EACH
INVERTER =135K
BATTERIES =56K EACH
CHARGE CONTROLLER =50K
BATTERY/PANEL RACK =40K
INSTALLATION =75K
oga who supplied your solar panels and what is the size of your apartment
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
There are good battery sellers....if you want I can give you good recommendation
nigerianvenom:
It's cheaper if one considers d amount to be save in due course but the problem is d battery, yes the battery because it wears out with time and needs replacement, unfortunately, getting a good battery is as difficult as finding a male virgin grin grin
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
doskie:
hahahahaa... baba why you wan dey fall nlnders hand nau? no reason dem oh. strong men full this ground. as in; padded G's.
nothing does you, go ahead ahead, but Be sincere you can easily sale 1. 5kva here than 10kva
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Sanchase: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Inverter batteries requires charging, how do u charge the batteries with the epileptic power supply in Naija, this is in essence attempting to solve a problem by creating another problem.

The feasible alternative for PHCN seem to be solar energy as its renewable through sunlight, more light should be thrown on the use of solar energy rather than people posting the use of Inverters to make money at the expense of others.

7 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
The battery comes into plan when night comes or when d sun is low provided your solar power generation is larger than your load averagely.
bigtt76:
Nice one. Please can you share with us the circuit diagram showing how you connected yours? I want to know if the solar panels supply your house during the day and cut over to batteries during the night.

Usual connection is to draw power from the battery all day which to me kills the batteries prematurely. A y thought here would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
stevkc:
Why waste your money on petrol. Contact me EnergyWorld for ur solar power installation, inverter system and every solar job. Call 08069487971 or stevkc2007@yahoo.com
We render the best services
bro state your price list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III / This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.