Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) (42896 Views)

Say NO To Casual Sex!!! WARNING VERY Graphic pix!!! / NMA Releases Identity Of 6 Ekiti Doctors / How 6 Ekiti Doctors Died, Survivor Recounts - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
The NMA President, Dr. Kayode OBEMBE and members of the National Officers’ Committee (NOC), the Chairman, LOC Dr. Abdulgafar Jimoh and Sokoto State NMA members, while on our journey from Tangaza and Sokoto on free medical mission, received the sad news of accident that involved the Ekiti State NMA delegates.

The news had it that Ekiti State NMA Bus had an accident on Abuja Kaduna highway and recorded some fatalities, the number of which is yet to be confirmed.

We hereby express our profound shock, condolences and commiserations on this dastardly event.

As of now, we are informed that Kaduna State NMA has dispatched a team of doctors to handle the situation while we await further information.

We pray that the souls of our colleagues lost in this accident rest in perfect peace. We also pray for quick recovery of the survivors.

Further development will be communicated later.

NMA NATIONAL SECRETARIAT!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by madridguy(m): 12:02am On Apr 25, 2016
Rip

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2016
embarassed cry cry

With Heavy Hearts.. the Passing away of

Dr Aladesanmi
Dr Oj Taiwo
Dr Akinyele Lexy
Dr Ogunseye
DR Olajide
Dr Adeniyi James
Mr Ajibola.. Driver.

Update

The Head of clinical services of Federal Neuropsychiatry hospital Barnawa in Kaduna who just returned from the hospital where the injured are being treated gave a moving account, relayed below : Dear ALL, I just left St Gerard Hospital. All the six are stable. It's surprisingly that in a bus where 7 people including d driver died, some just sustained bruises. Such is life. Very painful was one of them who was reported to be asking if others were okay but later died about 2km to Kaduna. He bled from possibly a torn femoral or rectal artery. Unfortunately the state hospital Doka General Hospital where the accident occurred had no facilities no doctor on duty to resuscitate him. He still survived about 60km drive before he gave up shouting 'I'm dying I need blood, pls resuscitate me'. Even the survivors were saying their only regret was that the guy died and they couldn't revive him.
As against our initial plan to transport them back to Ekiti on Wednesday, they are likely to go tomorrow. They are very stable. We were able to get Yoruba local dishes for them as requested. Secondly their families kept calling and we don't want them to start making long journeys to Kaduna from Ekiti. Thirdly the Ekiti State government has sent ambulance to convey the corpses which will return back to Ekiti tomorrow morning. We will transport the survivors with FNPH bus to go with the ambulance at the same time. May God Almighty repose the soul of Dr Aladesanmi and the rest and give their families the courage to bear this terrible loss.
The LOC in consultation with the NOC of NMA resolved to, as a mark of respect to our departed colleagues cancelled the sight seeing visits and the cocktail shall be low keyed.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by repogirl(f): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2016
RIP....sad cry

Some people will come and blame Fayose now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 12:08am On Apr 25, 2016
repogirl:
RIP....sad cry

Why not? The dude still owes them 4 months salary meanwhile he went on a wild goose chase to China with tax payers money

Adieu colleagues!

33 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by oatzeal(m): 12:09am On Apr 25, 2016
DAMN
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by repogirl(f): 12:12am On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Why not? The dude still owes them 4 months salary meanwhile he went on a wild goose chase to China with tax payers money

Adieu colleagues!
and that was the cause of the accident?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 12:14am On Apr 25, 2016
repogirl:
and that was the cause of the accident?
Not saying it is. I'm just pissed and upset.
Thinking it's this same road that gave the Ocholi's an eternal vacuum

11 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by repogirl(f): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Not saying it is. I'm just pissed and upset.
Thinking it's this same road that gave the Ocholi's an eternal vacuum
oh really? Wow..... Take heart bro.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by bizgenius1: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2016
May their soul ripp
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 25, 2016
This is sad.
Six doctors lost at once on a "death trap" called road, wen we r running low on doctors.
Death is cruel!

R.I.P docs

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by henrygale(m): 1:07am On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:
embarassed cry cry

With Heavy Hearts.. the Passing away of

Dr Aladesanmi
Dr Oj Taiwo
Dr Akinyele Lexy
Dr Ogunseye
DR Olajide
Dr Adeniyi James
Mr Ajibola.. Driver.

Omg!!!
Lexy!!!.....
Jesus!!!
Y nah?
cry cry cry
RIP cry cry

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by miblolo(f): 2:41am On Apr 25, 2016
Rip.so sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by DrAda(f): 5:12am On Apr 25, 2016
Really sad. Learnt about this yesterday. May God grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss

1 Like

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2016
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by ChelseaDr(m): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2016
Sad day! Sad sad day!!! There must be something with this Abuja-Kaduna road. God!!! RIP

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by arinzest: 6:43am On Apr 25, 2016
Its a black day for the medical profession. Six doctors in their prime cut down just like that and their driver also. The realisation by other doctors in the bus that they can only watch and do very little while their colleagues died. After administring CPR what next? How long does it take emergency vehicles to arrive?

To live with th the pain of not saving a loved one is something no doctor should live with. Not being able to save your friends. The resident doctors at EKSUTH just lost their president; a fine young man.

I pray God give the families the fortitude to bear their loss. Goodbye my brothers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by nairaman66(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Sad news to the Medical Profession!! Until a sitting Gov dies on this same road, nothing will be done.. I pray it does happen..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2016
nairaman66:
Sad news to the Medical Profession!! Until a sitting Gov dies on this same road, nothing will be done.. I pray it does happen..
A serving minister died and it didn't change anything

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2016
Update

Fayose mourns Ekiti doctors, declares three days mourning

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has described the death of six medical doctors and one driver in the State, in an accident involving a 13-passenger bus as the lowest point in the history of the State and a monumental loss not only to the people of Ekiti State but to Nigerians, declaring a three days of mourning for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The governor, who directed that all flags should be flown at half-mast, described the death as an eclipse of professional and intellectual figures, who lost their lives in active service to mankind, saying; “Ekiti has lost some of the best trees in its forest of medicine. I am deeply sad. This is one loss too many.”

In a release issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said; “Death of seven prominent indigenes of a State in one day and at the same period is a burden too heavy to bear and it is my prayer that God, who is the only giver and taker of live will give Ekiti people the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.”

The six doctors, who had an accident a few kilometres to Kaduna on their way to Sokoto to attend Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) event were Dr Aladesanmi of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Ido-Ekiti; Dr Oj Taiwo of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH); NMA Secretary, Dr Akinyele Lexy; Dr Ogunseye of the Health Management Board (HMB); EKSUTH Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) President, Dr Olajide, Dr Adeniyi James of the FMC and a driver, Mr Ajibola.

The governor urged families, friends and professional colleagues of the deceased, especially members of the NMA to solace in God who giveth and taketh when it pleases Him.

“It is my prayer that tragic incident like this will not be witnessed in Ekiti State again and that God in His infinite mercies will console the families of the deceased.

“On behalf of my family, Government and people of Ekiti State, I express our heartfelt condolence for the loss of these promising sons of Ekiti and wish their families, friends and professional colleagues the continued support and guidance of the Almighty God,” the governor said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by henrygale(m): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2016
And d the mods don't feel this news is front page worthy. Dey don't give a damn coz it's not a news involving celebrities or snakes! These r medical doctors for God's sakes! cry cry

Rest on great men.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by 0gbeni(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2016
Wow.. what a loss sad , may God grant their soul repose and console their families.. and doctors too can rally round their families

I think its high time seatbelt usage in buses is enforced

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2016
henrygale:
And d the mods don't feel this news is front page worthy. Dey don't give a damn coz it's not a news involving celebrities or snakes! These r medical doctors for God's sakes! cry cry
Its not Wizkid vs Linda Ikeji or Peter vs Paul Okoye

5 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2016
0gbeni:
Wow.. what a loss sad , may God grant their soul repose and console their families.. and doctors too can rally round their families

I think its high time seatbelt usage in buses are enforced
Seatbelts does little to reduce fatalities in some form of RTAs
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by wallex1983(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2016
repogirl:
RIP....sad cry

Why did it happen the day he returned from China?

BTW, who is his native doctor?

1 Like

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by 0gbeni(m): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Seatbelts does little to reduce fatalities in some form of RTAs

yeah, i agree with you and we don't even know what led to the RTA.. they might have even had their seatbelts on.. just wanted to create awareness about seatbelts on passenger buses, noticed that the vast majority of buses don't have seatbelts for passengers

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by sperony(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2016
Dr Olayiwola Olajide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by mysticgal(f): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2016
God grant their families fortitude to bear the lossembarassed.

And somebody will ask me why I hate travelling cry
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by 9airaland(f): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
What bad news be ds now... haba!

Make Saraki resign now...

9airaland
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by holadguy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
RIP, Niger no good and nobody wan die
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by worlexy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
RIP. Why is this country like this? Nobody is safe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In Which Hospital Can I Check For GENOTYPE Of Unborn Child Here In Nigeria. / Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) / Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.