Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

07 Camry Gear 13 Pin - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin (23061 Views)

Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select / 07 Camry Bumper And Fender / 07 Camry Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by jaz(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
I'm also having gear issues.

I have a 08 outlander which was still mobile but with a tired engine. Changed the engine recently and car runa smoothly except that my auto gear box now disengages in motion once in a while.

Scanned the car and got p0729 (incorrect gear 6 ratio) Some mechs I met said I have to change the gear box. Others say it's an electrical problem.

Car still runs smoothly except for the odd gear slips which is irritating. Is it really an electrical issue or do I have to change the gear.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by mayor2013: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
jaz:

I have a 08 outlander which was still mobile but with a tired engine. Changed the engine recently and car runa smoothly except that my auto gear box now disengages in motion once in a while.

Scanned the car and got p0729 (incorrect gear 6 ratio) Some mechs I met said I have to change the gear box. Others say it's an electrical problem.

Car still runs smoothly except for the odd gear slips which is irritating. Is it really an electrical issue or do I have to change the gear.

An electrical problem would never cause a transmission to slip out. Never seen any. Most likely cause is mechanical as a result of using wrong trans fluid. What type of fluid have you been using. Palm oil?

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
mayor2013:

An electrical problem would never cause a transmission to slip out . Never seen any. Most likely cause is mechanical as a result of using wrong trans fluid. What type of fluid have you been using. Palm oil?

you need to see more transmission issues. wink

2 Likes

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by jaz(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Palm oil indeed grin

I guessed that and asked for a change of oil based on the recommended oil in the manual. Still same issue
mayor2013:

An electrical problem would never cause a transmission to slip out. Never seen any. Most likely cause is mechanical as a result of using wrong trans fluid. What type of fluid have you been using. Palm oil?
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by jaz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
That's the only code that keeps popping up. Scanned at 3 different places
GAZZUZZ:

you need to see more transmission issues. wink
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes it could.

You seem to always think that atf is the major cause of auto transmission problems. Atf change DOES NOT solve transmission problems.

And, you and this your 'palm oil' cliche na wa o
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
jaz:

When you say disengage, does it flare (momentary neutral feeling) and then engage, or does it fall out of gear completely? At what gear does this happen? 6?

I don't see how atf that was working before the engine swap could just lose integrity after the swap.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Readonee35L(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kashif:

When you say disengage, does it flare (momentary neutral feeling) and then engage, or does it fall out of gear completely? At what gear does this happen? 6?

I don't see how atf that was working before the engine swap could just lose integrity after the swap.
Some of the car talk gurus na olodo.
Before you know. They will condemn a working transmission because they can't seem to diagnose it.

Laziness and lack of information. They want quick cash. So they quickly tell you to buy new gear box.
But if their TV at home stops working. They would try to give a repairer. And if the repairer tells them to replace it they will frown.

KEYBOARD MECHANICS. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kashif:

dirt and contamination, from C.V joints, draining and refilling.

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

dirt and contamination, from C.V joints, draining and refilling.

Contamination can come from CV joint R&R yes, but this shouts about palm oil is just beginning to sound like a broken record.

A 'palm oil' that worked before engine swap should work afterwards, all things being equal.

2 Likes

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by mayor2013: 6:00am On Jan 08, 2018
Kashif:

Yes it could.

You seem to always think that atf is the major cause of auto transmission problems. Atf change DOES NOT solve transmission problems.

And, you and this your 'palm oil' cliche na wa o

I don't seem to think so. But that would be one of the first point of reasoning when it comes to Naija and using rides
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by jaz(m): 9:48am On Jan 08, 2018
It basically disengages like it's in neutral and when I stop and restart the car it works fine until when next it feels like disengaging. Also I get check transmission warning on the dash sometimes but it won't disengage, however if I put the car into neutral and back into drive while in motion it would drag back like I selected a very low gear for my speed. Other times when it doesn't give the warning and just disengage, when I pUT in neutral and back in drive whole in motion it works fine and continously along. Regardless of both scenarios when I restart the engine it works fine for a while then comes back sometimes after a few minutes of driving other times after days. It also appears to be when I'm on sixth gear though I won't be too sure. No smells in or under the hood, no indication of a problem until it happens and it's worrisome cos if I change the gear and that's not the problem then it's double jeopardy
Kashif:

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by datsdami: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
@gazzuzz and people who have extensive experience with cars, I need help here. My Toyota Camry 2010 is leaking transmission fluid. What is the best way to fix it ?? He mentioned my car has gear 13 pin.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2019
Pls is it possible to buy a 13pin gear n change the wiring to a 10pin......because i dont understand what this mechanic is saying...he said that is the best way to do it that 13pins get spoilt easily....except I want to go buy it mysef
@gazzuzz
@kashif
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by seanfer(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
oluseyioba:
Pls is it possible to buy a 13pin gear n change the wiring to a 10pin......because i dont understand what this mechanic is saying...he said that is the best way to do it that 13pins get spoilt easily....except I want to go buy it mysef
@gazzuzz
@kashif

If your Car is still moving just drive away from that mechanic. You’re going to waste money

5 Likes

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
He already changed the gear....I have spoken to gazzuzz tho so I will tell the mechanic to go change the gear to 13pin or return money
seanfer:

If your Car is still moving just drive away from that mechanic. You’re going to waste money

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2019
oluseyioba:
@gazzuzz
@kashif

The question confuse me sef.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 7:22am On May 08, 2019
I have a Toyota camry 2007 with 13pin gear that is spoilt.....I gave the mechanic money for the gear instead of putting 13pin he put in a 10pin gear....he then said the 10pin is better than the 13pin gear
Kashif:

The question confuse me sef.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Readonee35L(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2019
oluseyioba:
I have a Toyota camry 2007 with 13pin gear that is spoilt.....I gave the mechanic money for the gear instead of putting 13pin he put in a 10pin gear....he then said the 10pin is better than the 13pin gear
Are you sure you didn't give him money for 10pin?
How much were you charged ?
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 10:36am On May 08, 2019
Readonee35L:

Are you sure you didn't give him money for 10pin?
How much were you charged ?
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Readonee35L(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2019
oluseyioba:
Did he refund any part of the money after downgrading you to 10 pin. If yes how much?
If no you Need to get him arrested . angry

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 11:16am On May 08, 2019
He dint.....I insisted he should go get the gear changed to 13pin....I don't need the money back
Readonee35L:

Did he refund any part of the money after downgrading you to 10 pin. If yes how much?
If no you Need to get him arrested . angry

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Readonee35L(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2019
oluseyioba:
He dint.....I insisted he should go get the gear changed to 13pin....I don't need the money back
If he collected 240k and went ahead to install 10pin for you.
He's a criminal.
Why didn't he tell you about 10pin before collecting the money .

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 08, 2019
Thanks sir
Readonee35L:

If he collected 240k and went ahead to install 10pin for you.
He's a criminal.
Why didn't he tell you about 10pin before collecting the money .
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2019
oluseyioba:

While it is true that '10pin' is better than '13pin' (fewer parts, fewer problems), they serve different purposes. Install what your car needs.

2 Likes

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 09, 2019
Could you expanciate the purposes of 13pin
Kashif:

While it is true that '10pin' is better than '13pin' (fewer parts, fewer problems), they serve different purposes. Install what your car needs.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Kashif(m): 6:43am On May 10, 2019
oluseyioba:
Could you expanciate the purposes of 13pin

This is akin to asking the purpose of 2007 Camry, against 2002 Camry.

1 Like

Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by Nobody: 7:04am On May 10, 2019
Lol I understand thanks
Kashif:

This is akin to asking the purpose of 2007 Camry, against 2002 Camry.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by gattang202(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2019
Kashif,
Abeg I have similar problem with my Camry transmission. It is moving but will rev while trying to change to the next gear. It started when I changed the inner shaft cup of the driver side on Saturday.
What do I do? I'm in a confused state now.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by gattang202(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2019
Can someone help me with @kashif contact details (phone number or address)? I need his help like I need air to continue living.

Or better still @kashif should respond abeggggg cry cry
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by homeboy205: 8:52am On May 29, 2019
Was the car allow to cool for 24hrs before changing the inner cup? If not your gear is goonnnee. The Kazeem mechanic Isa Olodo(illiterate)

gattang202:
Kashif,
Abeg I have similar problem with my Camry transmission. It is moving but will rev while trying to change to the next gear. It started when I changed the inner shaft cup of the driver side on Saturday.
What do I do? I'm in a confused state now.
Re: 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin by gattang202(m): 8:17am On May 30, 2019
homeboy205:
Was the car allow to cool for 24hrs before changing the inner cup? If not your gear is goonnnee. The Kazeem mechanic Isa Olodo(illiterate)

I got to the guys workshop around 8am and it changed it till 3pm. The thing is the car moves well but slow in changing to the next gear as it will rev before changing to the next level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. / Introducing The 2017 Lamborghini Terzo Millennio (photos) / Is UNN The First Nigerian University To Produce An Electric Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.