Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

"MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. (6377 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Morgan Freeman disappointed some fans during Sunday’s episode of National Geographic’s “The Story of God” when he downplayed Islamic terrorism, saying Islam aims for peace. News reports of Islamic extremism by “a tiny percentage of Muslims” do not reflect the mindset of the majority of Muslims, Freeman said. “Meeting Muslims face to face, I've learned that Islam aims for people to live in peace,” Freeman remarked. “But watching the news today, you'd be forgiven for not knowing that. A tiny percentage of Muslims are waging war against the West.” The apocalypse was the theme of the second episode of the National Geographic Channel’s new docu-series hosted by Freeman. The actor set out to “find out why so many religions predict an apocalypse.” Why do religions predict an end of days or judgment day? Is it all in our minds? Freeman tackled these and other questions from an atheist point of view on his journey. “Isis and other religious extremist groups believe the apocalypse has already begun.” Freeman interviewed Maajid Nawaz, who was radicalized as teenager living in the UK and joined Hizb ut-Tahrir, precursor to Al Qaeda. “What I mean by Islamism is the desire to impose any version of Islam over society,” said Nawaz. “And that ideology was sold to me as if it was the religion of Islam and that's what I adopted. I grew up facing a very, very severe form of violent racism, domestically within the UK.” The actor also stated that the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions pay homage to the same God. While there is some historical evidence for this conclusion, the religions are very different and should not be grouped together. “Islam is an Arabic word that means surrender. Submission to God's will. The same god the Jews and Christians worship,” said the star. He visited the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Kim Haines-Eitzen, expert in early Christianity related to him her argument that Roman Emperor Nero was the antichrist. “The Christians hated Nero. He was the antichrist,” Freeman narrated later. As in the first episode of “The Story of God,” Freeman shifts his attention midway to science. “Culturally, we seem to have a morbid attraction to the apocalypse,” he begins. He interviewed Stewart Shankmans, psychology professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who studies our subconscious belief in the apocalypse and believes it may be hard-wired into our brains. In a lab test of human subjects’ responses to small shocks Shankmans concluded that, “knowing when the bad thing is going to come creates a qualitatively different emotional experience than not knowing.” Therefore, we try to predict doom in order to allow ourselves some solace. Freeman examined Hinduism and Buddhism, which believe the world goes on in cycles with no final apocalypse. He also talked to Hurricane Katrina survivors, who said their experience felt apocalyptic. Contradicting traditional views of what apocalypse stands for, Freeman tells his viewers that apocalypse, a Greek word meaning lifting the veil is about enlightenment not war and death. “It's a state of mind and heart that helps us see the truth. Not some far off day of judgment. It's here, it's now,” he concludes.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by callmelanner(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Front ppage things
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
The concept of islam being a peaceful religion is a myth that has been sold to the west by muslim apologists and of course people like Morgan freeman will choose to be politically correct and promote this myth. True muslims will arrogantly tell you that islam is not of Peace but it is for domination by all means necessary. Make no mistake about it, islam is an extremely very violent and dangerous religion.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by Demmzy15(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Anus^^^ Morgan Freeman is from Niger Republic when traced back, I thought you missed that one too. Bigot!!!! grin grin Islam would surely triumph, Allaah u Akbar! tongue

1 Like

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by zenith4biz(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
There can't be peace outside the Prince of Peace

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by jcross19: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
muhamadnur:
Morgan Freeman disappointed
some fans during Sunday’s
episode of National
Geographic’s “The Story of God” when he downplayed
Islamic terrorism, saying
Islam aims for peace.
News reports of Islamic
extremism by “a tiny
percentage of Muslims” do not reflect the mindset of the
majority of Muslims, Freeman
said.
“Meeting Muslims face to face,
I've learned that Islam aims
for people to live in peace,” Freeman remarked. “But
watching the news today,
you'd be forgiven for not
knowing that. A tiny
percentage of Muslims are
waging war against the West.”
The apocalypse was the theme
of the second episode of the
National Geographic Channel’s
new docu-series hosted by
Freeman. The actor set out to “find out
why so many religions predict
an apocalypse.” Why do
religions predict an end of
days or judgment day? Is it all
in our minds? Freeman tackled these and other questions
from an atheist point of view
on his journey.
“Isis and other religious
extremist groups believe the
apocalypse has already begun.”
Freeman interviewed Maajid
Nawaz, who was radicalized
as teenager living in the UK
and joined Hizb ut-Tahrir,
precursor to Al Qaeda. “What I mean by Islamism is
the desire to impose any
version of Islam over
society,” said Nawaz. “And
that ideology was sold to me
as if it was the religion of Islam and that's what I
adopted. I grew up facing a
very, very severe form of
violent racism, domestically
within the UK.”
The actor also stated that the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim
religions pay homage to the
same God. While there is some
historical evidence for this
conclusion, the religions are
very different and should not be grouped together.
“Islam is an Arabic word that
means surrender. Submission
to God's will. The same god
the Jews and Christians
worship,” said the star. He visited the caves where the
Dead Sea Scrolls were
discovered. Kim Haines-Eitzen,
expert in early Christianity
related to him her argument
that Roman Emperor Nero was the antichrist.
“The Christians hated Nero. He
was the antichrist,” Freeman
narrated later.
As in the first episode of “The
Story of God,” Freeman shifts his attention midway to
science.
“Culturally, we seem to have
a morbid attraction to the
apocalypse,” he begins.
He interviewed Stewart Shankmans, psychology
professor at the University of
Illinois at Chicago, who studies
our subconscious belief in the
apocalypse and believes it
may be hard-wired into our brains.
In a lab test of human
subjects’ responses to small
shocks Shankmans concluded
that, “knowing when the bad
thing is going to come creates a qualitatively different
emotional experience than not
knowing.”
Therefore, we try to predict
doom in order to allow
ourselves some solace. Freeman examined Hinduism
and Buddhism, which believe
the world goes on in cycles
with no final apocalypse. He
also talked to Hurricane
Katrina survivors, who said their experience felt
apocalyptic.
Contradicting traditional
views of what apocalypse
stands for, Freeman tells his
viewers that apocalypse, a Greek word meaning lifting
the veil is about
enlightenment not war and
death.
“It's a state of mind and heart
that helps us see the truth. Not some far off day of
judgment. It's here, it's now,”
he concludes.
morgan freeman should be tested for insanity first!!!!!!!!. Maybe he knows better than allah that revealed more than 109 verses that instigate violence in that book of terrorism.

3 Likes

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by malvisguy212: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
In islam you get peace only when you surrender to Allah will.

Surah 9:29: Fight those who believe not
in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold
forbidden which hath been forbidden by
Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge
the religion of Truth, even if they are the
People of the Book, until they pay the
Jizya with willing submission and feel
themselves subdued. (Yusuf Ali)

This verse does not say fight does who attack you first. NO, the verse say fight does who do NOT BELIEVE in Allah. You get peace only when you defect them. And the unbelievers get peace only when they surrender.

2 Likes

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by malvisguy212: 8:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
Demmzy15:
Islam would surely triumph, Allaah u Akbar! tongue
As for now, the war goes on, NO PEACE until islam triumph. And by the way, who is islam fighting with ?
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by Demmzy15(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
As for now, the war goes on, NO PEACE until islam triumph. And by the way, who is islam fighting with ?
No you're wrong, you're all fighting Islam. Misguided christians, Zionists, terrorists(ISIS, Boko-are-rams, etc), etc. Nevertheless, Islam would emerge victorious.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
jcross19:
morgan freeman should be tested for insanity first!!!!!!!!. Maybe he knows better than allah that revealed more than 109 verses that instigate violence in that book of terrorism.
calm down, thats wat he said , it seems you are influenced by the media, you have to meet a muslim-face-to-face b4 u judge, what abt us the cvjtf in borno that are fighting boko haram are we not muslim?

1 Like

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
annunaki2:
The concept of islam being a peaceful religion is a myth that has been sold to the west by muslim apologists and of course people like Morgan freeman will choose to be politically correct and promote this myth. True muslims will arrogantly tell you that islam is not of Peace but it is for domination by all means necessary. Make no mistake about it, islam is an extremely very violent and dangerous religion.
all the nearly 2billion ppl, are of no peace then whats stopping world war three, those extremest are not real muslims.

2 Likes

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by analice107: 12:21am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
calm down, thats wat he said , it seems you are influenced by the media, you have to meet a muslim-face-to-face b4 u judge, what abt us the cvjtf in borno that are fighting boko haram are we not muslim?
Like the ones we have met here on nairaland?
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by analice107: 12:23am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
all the nearly 2billion ppl, are of no peace then whats stopping world war three, those extremest are not real muslims.
That's what Islam is looking for, WW3.
Can you actually fight and win that war if the world actually rises to the occasion? Let me see you try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by oglalasioux(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2016
Freeman was trying to be moderate. He knows the truth about religion. He knows that the apocalypse, as predicted by the Christians and Muslims, mean nothing but transition from ignorance to knowledge and that most of the prophecies of the book of revelation has already happened.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by proudkafir: 6:43am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
Muslims always threatening world war 3, are they going to fight with horses and camel, just as their criminal prophet did. Muslims will be evaporated by infidels if they mess up again like their criminal prophet did.

Muslims should restrict their lunacy and threat to saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan. The time when Islamic armies run the show had expired, we kafir run the world now, Muslim countries inclusive.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2016
proudkafir:
Muslims always threatening world war 3, are they going to fight with horses and camel, just as their criminal prophet did. Muslims will be evaporated by infidels if they mess up again like their criminal prophet did.

Muslims should restrict their lunacy and threat to saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan. The time when Islamic armies run the show had expired, we kafir run the world now, Muslim countries inclusive.
look now thats the reason why i hate nairaland, and you have it is unacceptable to say ill agaisnt our dear prophet so watch your mouth. Yes if all muslims are terrorist then even in nigeria i think non-believers will be wiped out bcoz muslims in nigeria are 50 to 60 % and there are richer muslim nation that can afford to go to war just recently like iran trying to get a nuclear, pakistan is a nuclear super power, turkey,saudiarabia, etc pls use your mind. 2 billion.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:

Saying the extremist are not real muslims is like saying Mohamed was not a real muslim because it is those extremists that are truly following his footsteps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
look now thats the reason why i hate nairaland, and you have it is unacceptable to say ill agaisnt our dear prophet so watch your mouth. Yes if all muslims are terrorist then even in nigeria i think non-believers will be wiped out bcoz muslims in nigeria are 50 to 60 % and there are richer muslim nation that can afford to go to war just recently like iran trying to get a nuclear, pakistan is a nuclear super power, turkey,saudiarabia, etc pls use your mind. 2 billion.

What exactly is good about your 'dear' prophet He started and he is the inspiration behind all these terrorism. You guys should be cursing him for bringing misery to the world and not patronising him.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 8:56am On Apr 26, 2016
analice107:

That's what Islam is looking for, WW3.
Can you actually fight and win that war if the world actually rises to the occasion? Let me see you try.
your all thesame , did you hear me mention islam is going for world war 3. I said if 2b are of no peace then the world will not knw peace, but islam is peace derived the arabic word salam meanin peace, only the 5% ppl in borno that joined boko haram, which are not even upto hundred thousand made hundred million to rise to their feet. Salam alaik.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
analice107:

Like the ones we have met here on nairaland?
is nairaland not a social media, are you meeting in person.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by malvisguy212: 8:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Demmzy15:
No you're wrong, you're all fighting Islam. Misguided christians, Zionists, terrorists(ISIS, Boko-are-rams, etc), etc. Nevertheless, Islam would emerge victorious.
so isis boko haram , even the shias are all christians ?
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2016
annunaki2:

What exactly is good about your 'dear' prophet He started and he is the inspiration behind all these terrorism. You guys should be cursing him for bringing misery to the world and not patronising him.
i repeat you can,t abuse our prophet, "dont judge if you dont know me" now are you not provoking me to take a fight with you, stop it, muhammad (may peace and blessing of allah be upon him and his entire house hold) is the greatest human ever.

1 Like

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by proudkafir: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
I won't call you an Arab slave kissing the ass of their criminal and pedofile prophet Mohammed (hiss be upon him).

You need not hate Nairaland, you better quit if you can't bear the heat. Pakistan military that Nigerian soldiers will beat easily are your super power because of their unusable and suicidal Chinese assisted nuclear bomb. You are a joker bro. The same Pakistan that the US drone is patrolling on a daily basis, even striking Muslim terrorist on their soil?

Go and start Reading.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2016
annunaki2:

Saying the extremist are not real muslims is like saying Mohamed was not a real muslim because it is those extremists that are truly following his footsteps.
yes they are not real muslims and are not following in the foot of our dear prophet.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2016
proudkafir:
I won't call you an Arab slave kissing the ass of their criminal and pedofile prophet Mohammed (hiss be upon him).

You need not hate Nairaland, you better quit if you can't bear the heat. Pakistan military that Nigerian soldiers will beat easily are your super power because of their unusable and suicidal Chinese assisted nuclear bomb. You are a joker bro. The same Pakistan that the US drone is patrolling on a daily basis, even striking Muslim terrorist on their soil?

Go and start Reading.
who are the nigerian army, and to pakistan i am talking about nuclear not fire or man power,go and check nigerian army logo and tell me if the nigerian army are all unbeliever,s.

1 Like

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
i repeat you can,t abuse our prophet, "dont judge if you dont know me" now are you not provoking me to take a fight with you, stop it, muhammad (may peace and blessing of allah be upon him and his entire house hold) is the greatest human ever .

By the bolded, you are not only insulting me but you are insulting the whole human race by describing a vermin who was a murderer, rapist, armed robber, paedophile, liar, adulterer, slave trader and genocidal maniac as the greatest human ever. I find your statement extremely very offensive and a big insult to the whole human race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 9:17am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
yes they are not real muslims and are not following in the foot of our dear prophet.

Your so called prophet was nothing but a terrorist, if you are ashamed of his deeds then renounce his evil religion and stop trying to exonerate him.
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
annunaki2:

By the bolded, you are not only insulting me but you are insulting the whole human race by describing a vermin who was a murderer, rapist, armed robber, paedophile, liar, adulterer, slave trader and genocidal maniac as the greatest human ever. I find your statement extremely very offensive and a big insult to the whole human race.
take it or live it, hater,s keep hating islam always grows, i hope one day god brings you out of the darkness, salam. But stop sayin ill of our dear prophet.angry

1 Like

Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by annunaki2(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2016
muhamadnur:
take it or live it, hater,s keep hating islam always grows, i hope one day god brings you out of the darkness, salam. But stop sayin ill of our dear prophet.angry

But you know it's because of your so called 'dear' prophet that boko haram is making your life miserable in borno?
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by muhamadnur: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2016
annunaki2:

But you know it's because of your so called 'dear' prophet that boko haram is making your life miserable in borno?
no boko haram and other terrorist are mindless ppl that are out of islam, then who are we that are fighting them the civilian jtf are we not muslims or are we not following muhammad (peace and blessing of allah be upon him)
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2016
Actually, TBH, I do have good muslim friends who are actually pacifists. Some are them are quite well read. But then........
Re: "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist Quotes. / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / Have You Ever Had A Miracle? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.