Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church (18598 Views)

Police Arraign Fake Pastor For Raping A Woman During 'Cleansing' In His House / Police Arraign Six Herdsmen Over Benue Killings / Police Arraign Fulani Herdsman In Makurdi Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by flyca: 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Churches should be taxed, 14million gini
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by erico2k2(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
9 30 pm at.a bank??
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
The way Facebook mods are moving rubbish and useless thread to Fp is really killing Facebook o. Mark sack some pple na Abeg angry
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by JOYOSITA(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
akpur1:
Street na street oh grin
that one na God money naw.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by 247notire(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
JOYOSITA:
They will never plead guilty. Smh
cheesy... When you didn't catch me red handed and no picture evidence of the said crime and no witnesses,why should I accept I did it? In law it is up to the accuser to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of the said crime...

You see why the law is an arse?

grin grin grin
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by oodua1stson: 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
How the church got the money should be traced too.

I'm sure of one these evil churches are used by politicians to siphon public funds
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by divineappo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Adesiji77:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/police-arraign-2-stealing-14-million-church/
am sure the pastor of that church was saving that money to buy private jet, while there are many hungry, jobless members in that church. With such amount in church bank account, the pastor will still ask the members to sow towards a new church project. God will judge us all on the last day.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by TruthHurts1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
coldsummer:
[size=18pt]why arrest them. The church should consider this as a way of giving back to the community and the poor as they dont have tax obligations[/size]

Allowing thieves to steal church funds is a very poor way of giving back to society.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by fulfillbill(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is the height of impunity for the things of God.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Ferdinandu(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
A church has 14 million dollars and the pastor will still get mind to tell the poor member of his congregation to sow seed with his last 1k. Choi Religion is the greatest scam of the human race.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by deplay24(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
They should arrest the pastor of the church first

Before i will comment
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] They wanted to use the money to open another branch na. What sef? Is it a sin to open another branch?
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Mrpeace1: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Shame on the police man
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by JOYOSITA(f): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
247notire:
cheesy... When you didn't catch me red handed and no picture evidence of the said crime and no witnesses,why should I accept I did it? In law it is up to the accuser to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of the said crime...

You see why the law is an arse?

grin grin grin
true
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by gbishman: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Wow, but before we hang the cat it should be investigated whether or not such churches declare earnings and also whether they pay their taxes to their respective states on whose auspices they have land, light, security, roads and all what not.
To me this is arrant nonsense.
For goodness sakes why would a church have such a humongous amount in the church.
Also how on earth did they lay their hands on the scarce dollars which genuine businessmen a crying to have.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by teegal3090(f): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
wat is dis world turning into
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by oyetunder(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
See how they are attacking the ministry for having such a found! They did not bother to knw the mentioned ministry is an affliate of american missionaries established for mission purposes. Many are busy shouting against churches, they don't know that some local and foreign missionaries are still bust changing lives silently. An average thief themselves...they rather speak against the owner than the thief
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by nijanigga: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
surestakes:
How did the church get the money? undecided
You're a suspect, robbing God through tithe and offering ,if you pay your tithe. very well $14 million will be a. chicken change for the church, if you doubt me start your own church and make your treasurer and see how blessings will be flowing
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by link2jude(m): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Na dem...!! After some mumus will say Igbos too like owo ...

They even had the effrontery to steal from the house of God... Ewu awusa!!!!
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by aigbokiejohnson(m): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
The story looks untrue. Otherwise, what is a church doing with that magnitude of money?
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by vigasimple(m): 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
It may be N14 million as opposed to $14m because in most Nigerian banks, the accounts are usually in Naira.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by whemmytopsy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
gbami o
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by surestakes: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
nijanigga:

You're a suspect, robbing God through tithe and offering ,if you pay your tithe. very well $14 million will be a. chicken change for the church, if you doubt me start your own church and make your treasurer and see how blessings will be flowing

How can I rob someone else of money I worked for? undecided
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Kherry: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
Church get dat kain money for diz season we dy.................

That church need to be prob...............
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by benevg(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
yes 14 dollars una think say money no they church
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by benevg(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
yes 14 dollars.... una think say money no they church??
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by nijanigga: 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
surestakes:

How can I rob someone else of money I worked for? undecided
When you don't pay 10% of your income
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by lloydpras: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
So same Man of God that preaches forgiveness..na him still go report to Police. What happened to forgiveness
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by surestakes: 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
nijanigga:

When you don't pay 10% of your income

On what basis does this entity deserve a salary?
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Kassydon: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmn
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by zinny377(f): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
heeey! there is nothing one will not see abi hear! Na wa o but which one b West African Christian mission ? av not heard of them. 14M? when some pple r seriously hungry, as for d thieves I reserve my comment since they are already facing the rot of the law.
Re: Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church by Nairadays: 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
That Church is not a mushroom Church that just sprang up overnight. It's an old church mainly for missions, Ajayi Crowther level, established by the colonial masters, affiliated to so many global Christian missions, and so therefore the case of where the money was gotten from shouldn't bother you neither should the amount involved.

Kai, na wa for my people ooo, they didn't even read the name of the Church, everybody rushing to comment in a uniform pattern.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills Father In Anambra, Sets Corpse On Fire / 36 Miners Killed In Zamfara State / Housewife Pushes Sister-in-law Into Pot Of Boiling Water In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.