Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge (35028 Views)

Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode / FG To Demolish Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos/ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by ceometromedia: 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
The proposed 4th Mainland Bridge in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria will claim at least 800 houses, says the Lagos State Government.

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Ganiyu Johnson said at a Ministerial Press Conference today in Ikeja that at least 800 shanties and structures would be demolished, as government would relocate and compensate affected residents.
Johnson said government had been able to come up with a plan that would minimise the large scale of demolition, unlike in the last administration, in which the project would have claimed about 3,000 structures.

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode had said during the last Town Hall meeting that his administration would sign a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with some consortium before the end of May 2016.

“In its determination to solve the perennial traffic gridlock observed almost on a daily basis by commuters on the 3rd Mainland Bridge and roads within Victoria Island, Eti-Osa/Lekki-Epe corridor which according to the World Economic Study, 2015 is the fastest growing corridor in Africa, the Lagos State Government welcomed proposals for the construction of the 4th Mainland Bridge.

“The bridge would serve as an alternative route to solve the incessant traffic congestion on the earlier mentioned routes as well as help redistribute traffic efficiently and act as outer ring road for conveying of goods from the Free Trade Zone, Fertilizer Plant, Deep Seaport, Dangote Oil Refinery and the proposed Airport.

“Lagos State Government has held discussions with a consortium of consultants in furtherance of the project, while M.O.U will be signed before the end of May 2016,” Johnson stated.

The commissioner said various alignments had been proposed by these consultants for consideration, as a preferred alignment had also been proposed as most ideal.

According to him, the proposed 4th Mainland Bridge traversed from Ajah to North West direction towards the Lagoon Shoreline to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway via Ikorodu while the approximate length of the road/bridge is 37.9km with a design speed of 140km/h.
“The significance and value of the proposed construction lies in its capacity to rapidly decongest the traffic gridlock within the Lekki Corridor and redistribute traffic towards Lagos Mainland which serves to meet increased future road infrastructure demands. The proposal further reinforces the policy thrust of this administration on the provision of efficient transportation system as a catalyst for social and economic development of the State, complementing the on-going efforts and vision of achieving a Mega-City status for Lagos State
Improvement of Ikeja Network of Roads,” he explained.

Johnson added that the state government initiated a study to upgrade the network of roads in Ikeja to improve and boost the economic stature of the seat of government to word class standard commensurate with other capital cities and also to reduce to the barest minimum, traffic gridlock along the corridor.
“This will involve the expansion of Awolowo Way with an elevated highway from the Airport Hotel to Alausa to decongest the traffic gridlock along Allen Round-about, Kudirat Abiola Round-about and Agidingbi Round-about. There will also be an expansion of the Allen/Opebi Road to Odo Iya-Alaro via a link bridge at Ogudu to the 3rd Mainland Bridge.

All these network of roads when upgraded will boost the economic activities in Ikeja being the seat of government,” he said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/25/800-structures-to-be-destroyed-for-4th-mainland-bridge/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Lamzee(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
alternative route.......800 Houses

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by kYjelly2: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
I won't even mind if this new bridge is tolled, unlike the fraud of tolling lekki-epe that was already in existence undecided

If tolling of about N200 will enable them get financial partnership quicker and in turn quickly turn over the project, then that's fine by me.

Just get it done angry

BodyBode, if you get this done within your 4 years ehn, den me and you - quilox - drinks on me cool

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
e don happun grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by princemillla(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
kYjelly2:
I won't even mind if this new bridge is tolled, unlike the fraud of tolling lekki-epe that was already in existence undecided

If tolling of about N200 will enable them get financial partnership quicker and in turn quickly turn over the project, then that's fine by me.

Just get it done angry

BodyBode, if you get this done within your 4 years ehn, den me and you - quilox - drinks on me cool

You and bode at quilox, drinks and fresh shorry, bills on me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by ladyF(f): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
I'm glad to know we are passed the days of photo shoots and night club appearances with Ambo and he is starting to make strategic plans.

Eko o ni baje!

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Category1: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=13pt]i'm so angry that LAGOS wasn't a well planned city.
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

Haba!. Ambode needs to forget that bridge abeg, 800 houses ke?
How can the poor be getting poorer? This ain't possible.
[/size]

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by ALAYORMII: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hope the owners will be compensated

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Consultville(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Okay now
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Afama: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Just make sure you compensate the house owners accordingly

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
kYjelly2:

Just get it done angry

You "won't mind" what has it got to do with you and who cares if you mind? Naff off back to where you came from !!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by hemartins(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ambode is working.
Lagos is a Mega city.
4th mainland bridge would ease the traffic along the main land and Island.

Just compensate those that would be affected.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by babs01(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmmm Ride on Ambode

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by berrystunn(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
.....no work, no food ,no light, no fuel, no water ,

you want to add more .....homeless

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by jerryunit48: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Eyaaa, I just hope enough compensation sha for affected landlords

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by investnotspend: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
I dey fear o. I stay in inner Ajah and it's only the lagoon that separates my house and Ikorodu.

I see Ikorodu from my place. Praying it's not of the houses to go.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by laurel03(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Since when we don dey hear 4th Mbridge abeg go finish mile2 badagry expressway and the light rail project first.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by tola9ja: 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Make sure you compensate them well or else thunder will fire you

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by investnotspend: 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Hope the owners will be compensated

Always read the full story don't just read headlines and come and be yarning rubbish here

26 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Segadem(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=14pt]hmmmmm, that's massive project, if the third mainland bridge with 11.82 km long is arguably the longest in Africa, and now this one with massive 37.9 km will contend with the world's[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hope it wont be handled by jagabans contractors..?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by bright007(f): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
k
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Segadem(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
berrystunn:
do we need that
yes

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by JAZES(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice one @my able Gov Ambo......Eko oni baje o

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
I leave the govt to do what is best for the citizens. # utilitarian theory. A welcome development Ambode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by johnstar(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Noted
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Pranxta(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmm...ambode u don dey do anyhow now ooo
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 151487made(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Flatee whr una dey? Dem don dey use oil abi oyel money develop lagos ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by berrystunn(m): 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
Segadem:
yes

way to eat money...
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by saintdennis(m): 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]i'm so angry that LAGOS wasn't a well planned city.
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

Haba!. Ambode needs to forget that bridge abeg, 800 houses ke?
How can the poor be getting poorer? This ain't possible.
[/size]

That's why people like you are never leaders...you only look at the pains not the gains.

How is your life panning out with such mentality

43 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview / Wike Paid ₦360 Million Bribe To Rig Elections In 2016, ₦114 Million Recovered / Igboho Chained Like Animal In Police Cell In Cotonou - Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.