Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic (17977 Views)

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Police And Polytechnic Students Clash In Benue, 1 Killed (PHOTO) / Difference Between State University And Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by femmykenny: 5:56am On Apr 26, 2016
For those who have selected a private university or polytechnic, there are some advantage you will enjoy as a prospective student and the list will be combined below

1) Low Competition: the rate of competition in private institutions is very low and the number of candidates competing for a particular course might be less than 30 and this cannot be compare to federal or state universities or poly that welcome unhealthy competition.
In some public varsity, 90,000 may apply for an admission slot of 7000.

2). Easy Admission: The possibility of Gaining admission in any private universities and polytechnics is 95% sure and this cannot be said of public universities where admission is like a bootle neck for most of the aspirants.
Public universities promote admission manipulation which is unlikely to happen in a private institution

3) Clean and secure Environment: the cleanliness of private universities is not what you may want to miss as a student and also the protection offered by the management of the school is quite commendable unlike the public universities that are exposed to hazard and an unclean environment.
The toilet of uniben and uniabuja is nothing to speak of today and bedbug in unilag hostel is definitely not good enough.
Meanwhile the class room of some public universities need serious renovation.
To avoid all this, you can always choose a private institutions.

4) Good Result: due to the flexibility and a very accommodating method of teaching introduced by private poly and universities, the students tends to perform very well.
The rate of first class and 2nd class graduate is always high in private institutions.

5). Beautiful and handsome Faces : 90% of students in private institution always have sufficient time to take proper care of themselves and by doing so, they tend to look beautiful and handsome always and also the environment of private institution always influence them positively in the manner of dressing,talking,walking, behaviour and many others.

Dropping my pen as I plan for my next article.

www.studentgist.com/2016/04/5-5-benefits-of-choosing-a-private-university-and-polytechnic/

4 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Mopolchi: 6:44am On Apr 26, 2016
Op that your number 5 get how e be. Is that why you preferred a private institution? That aside, I am the FTC. Any gift for that. Am waiting for any!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by myners007: 6:45am On Apr 26, 2016
Five Reasons not to Choose Private Universities/ Polytechnics

1. High cost of tuition Fee

2. Lack of competent and experienced lecturers

3 They are not ideal places to pursue Master and Doctorate degrees.(some can boast of only one or two proffesors)

4 High level of recklessness and gross indiscipline among student

5 The degrees they award do not match the individual student actual performance.

Thank you very much.The rate at which these private universities are sprouting in different parts of the country every now and then has still not helped to improve on the quality of education standard in Nigeria. If you are reading this write up and you are a graduate of a private university or polytechnic, the truth remains that you better consider yourself as a half baked graduate.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Boscojugunu(m): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2016
E
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by intergral(m): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2016
These are not advantages... Let me break it down for you OP... Your No 1 & 2 are thesame... Are you trying to tell me that if 90000 people will apply for private uni all of them will gain admission?... All am saying is that you don't earn admission in private uni, you simply pay your way into it.

No 2: How do expect me to pay that huge amount of money and not get good security?... Nowadays the place with the highest Number of cocaine consumption is private uni in Nigeria, according to NDLEA.... There are also many bad habbit students of private uni adopt due to luxry.

No 4: Everybody knows how private uni exams is... So dont even go there!

No 5: your No 5 sounds insulting... Dont even talk about beautiful and handsome faces... I prefer u say that they wear expensive clothes and drive expensive cars... When have you ever heard that somebody from private gets crownd as the most beautiful or handsome person in all nigerian uni?...

These are not advantages... It will even be better if you say that you get to graduate early and free from strike!

16 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Sunnykaka(m): 6:46am On Apr 26, 2016
And so.... undecided undecided??
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by chicksman9(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2016
mtcheeewww...all this secondary school looking universities...i cant be part of it
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Ibitade1993(f): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2016
Yes oooooo...but public institutions, especially Federal ones
are the best coz their certificates are more respected!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 26, 2016
lolz.... what a benefits... to crown it all.. no job
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by cepha4: 6:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Y
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by pinkiberry(m): 6:48am On Apr 26, 2016
why are people still attending private polytechnic? I see it as a waste of money. Waste millions of naira, come out with HND and still be discriminated.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by olatwo(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2016
Private at whose cost? undecided undecided When minimum wage is 18k
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Generalkorex(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by ogawisdom(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2016
cheesy
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by addempsea(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2016
OP, say God.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 26, 2016
.i cant be part of it
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by GEJmustGO(f): 6:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Gm jm
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Booked
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by TPAND(f): 6:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Are you shiting me..
you compare a private university to a polytechnic

WHy not compare Covenant University to Unilag
Babcock to unillorin

for crying out loud.. how do you guys think sometimes. Private Uni to a polytechnic
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Dlee1(m): 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
TPAND:
Are you shiting me..
you compare a private university to a polytechnic

WHy not compare Covenant University to Unilag
Babcock to unillorin

for crying out loud.. how do you guys think sometimes. Private Uni to a polytechnic
A beg help me ask am.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Emmasnoop(m): 6:54am On Apr 26, 2016
No one just get handwork and forget about this rubbish poly or university,na thugs dey get money for nigeria oh! Who the poly and university done epp.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by DONADAMS(m): 6:54am On Apr 26, 2016
my public uni.all d way#teampublicuniversity!!!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Massdamm(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2016
Me i rep state polytechnics great kwarapolite..
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by sam1234(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Private or public which one guarantee employment. Everything for 9ja na man know man. God pls help.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by ChappyChase: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Oga Op no fool yourself!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Carrottop(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Op you better pick your pen and rewrite this.. .. Public uni all the way
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Ghost01(m): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2016
myners007:
Five Reasons not to Choose Private Universities/ Polytechnics

1. High cost of tuition Fee

2. Lack of competent and experienced lecturers

3 They are not ideal places to pursue Master and Doctorate degrees.(some can boast of only one or two proffesors)

4 High level of recklessness and gross indiscipline among student

5 The degrees they award do not match the individual student actual performance.

Thank you very much.The rate at which these private universities are sprouting in different parts of the country every now and then has still not helped to improve on the quality of education standard in Nigeria. If you are reading this write up and you are a graduate of a private university or polytechnic, the truth remains that you better consider yourself as a half baked graduate.
You need to wisen up. Some departments in your so-called "first generation universities" have just one professor. Wouldn't be surprised if some have none at all.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by myners007: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2016
Ghost01:
You need to wisen up. Some departments in your so-called "first generation universities" have just one professor. Wouldn't be surprised if some have none at all.
Please dont be envious of us who are opportuned to attend normal/standard universities unlike the artficial and advanced college that some of u brats which is eveident in your speech attended

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by lewispius: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
Private Uni... Federal Uni... Poly... When u Graduate u go still SitDun house..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by jazinogold(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2016
kiss
Re: 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic by Elxandre(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2016
Many Nigerians have complex issues, and are quite insane.

They always see needless reasons to look down on people from some other side of a divide.

I understand that many are agitated by the high cost of schooling in a Private institution, but even I can't afford it right now, and it still wouldn't make me dismiss them as substandard.

People call themselves educated, but still think attending Uni in a school with abominable Toilet and Bathrooms is a standard which defines how 'toughened up' you are.

What exactly have you done special in your public Uni?
Any notable research, discoveries?
What is interesting about the sadistic Lecturers that fill up these universities?

The funny thing is there are even better polished students in private institutions, since a large group of the students are from middle to upper class families.
(take it from someone who has first hand knowledge on both)

I have several Public uni students/graduates on my Facebook timeline, who can't even make a proper sentence devoid of spelling or grammatical errors, yet we keep hearing tales of how 'bright' they are. grin

This is not to support either of private or public unis. It was written to point out the fact that a superiority battle is needless in this Nigerian environment where even the professors are just paper certified, with no notable research or visible impact made with their supposed scholarly prowess.

Also remember that there are good and bad public and private universities.

An example is FUNAAB which has excellent hostels, bathroom, toilets, study rooms etc, while even those bigger pedigrees have abominable facilities. (UNILAG and co).

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / UNICAL Has Lost 11 Professors Not 21 Within 7 Months - ASUU Chair / Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.