Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency (17825 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Frankiss44(m): 7:54am On Apr 26, 2016
mercenary:
If you wanna shoot, shoot dont talk

That's what our foolish leaders need to learn. The title clueless has finally found a deserving head.

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by greatiyk4u(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2016
That is CHANGE, at least the NASS will have ample time to work on it instead of shouting ,Budget missing,padded,distorted et.al

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by DropShot: 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Bunch of lazy kids are plenty here.

It's clearly emphasized in the report that the priority is with 2016 budget but the budget for 2017 is almost ready too and will be presented early to prevent what we're witnessing with 2016 budget.

Too many illiterates here.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Wadasco(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
if they can it's very welcome development..
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by EbirichBen(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Please Bring it fast let's sign it.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by vRendoh(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hmm! 2017?

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by kahal29: 7:58am On Apr 26, 2016
malele:
Useless party. 2016 budget never gree una bring out na 2017 una dey think off

You are pained.... Sorry Inu
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by BackMeUp: 7:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Let us keep praying for our leaders. God bless Nigeria
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Fourwinds: 7:59am On Apr 26, 2016
All i know is dat our lawmakers are thieves, thugs and rogues... All they are after is their selfish desire.. Stu..pid fools
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by tico1212(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2016
House of commotion

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by sameba(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2016
I now see.....this people are Joking with Nigerians....2016 Budget have issues and you are talking of 2017......to cut d long story short..... Since u guys will be there till 2019. ...why not pass d whole 4years budget at once........see this unserious people oooo......if I hear

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by onatisi(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria now have Confused bunch of nomadic fools in government

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by pdpchangeapc(m): 8:06am On Apr 26, 2016
Eyin le mo.

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 26, 2016
If at all you will . . . . . . . . . . . . See 2017?
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by tete7000(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
bashydemy:
Some people just come here commenting with hatred instead of applauding the Presidency for working so hard to deliever a good job. Some of you did not blame the NASS but the president after all the fraud the NASS members did into the budget you just want the president to sign it and take the blames later it won't work. 2017 budget is ready that's the point if them like make the NASS keep delaying the world is seeing them and by the time the President start using veto power the world won't even act like they see them then cos I believe that's what most powerful nation in the world want cos they know most of this NASS are richer than them and need to be punish for trying to continue to bring the nation down with their fraud.

For your mind you have talked o. Unfortunately from a very ignorant point of view. If I may ask you: Who first submitted a padded budget? Do you think the house has no legitimate right to amend the budget? And finally you talked of veto, veto what? So the president will prepare his budget, amend it and then sign it in a democratic setting? If you ever went to school, you are one of reason people ridicule our education system. When you don't know please ask. As things stand only the house can overrule and veto the budget not the executive. Stop deluding yourself, we are not in a military system and the president has no such power you arrogated to him.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by starprince91(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2016
malele:
Useless party. 2016 budget never gree una bring out na 2017 una dey think off
[color=#990000][/color]for your mind you have said something reasonable?! Please always read the article and think well before you comment
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by omogin(f): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2016
Ismahill:
I shake head 4 u......u can never make it wit D's attitude.....
Its you who really needs help not him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by eph12(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2016
bashydemy:
Some people just come here commenting with hatred instead of applauding the Presidency for working so hard to deliever a good job. Some of you did not blame the NASS but the president after all the fraud the NASS members did into the budget you just want the president to sign it and take the blames later it won't work. 2017 budget is ready that's the point if them like make the NASS keep delaying the world is seeing them and by the time the President start using veto power the world won't even act like they see them then cos I believe that's what most powerful nation in the world want cos they know most of this NASS are richer than them and need to be punish for trying to continue to bring the nation down with their fraud.
How do they even know what projects to put in the budget? The outcome of this year's projects should be the determining factor of the next year's budget I think.
And for your information the president has no such powers. It will utterly be against the rule of law and militarising a democratic setting therefore setting us back many years.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by tete7000(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Can you prepare a 2017 budget when you have not executed 2016 budget? Is performance of 2016 not suppose to be a premise upon which you build 2017 budget? These people can confuse themselves.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by desmond2pk: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2016
Is this a joke or what?
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by harbeebtech(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2016
SMH.....this month has already gone, we are moving to 5th month of 2016 and the budget is not yet sign.....an they are ready to tender 2017 budget.....nigeria politics just like it's nolloywood movies
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Newnas(m): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2016
mercenary:
If you wanna shoot, shoot dont talk

The last person I heard that from is a movie freak.

cool cool cool
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by carpenter(m): 8:33am On Apr 26, 2016
tete7000:
Can you prepare a 2017 budget when you have not executed 2016 budget? Is performance of 2016 not suppose to be a premise upon which you build 2017 budget? These people can confuse themselves.

No, you do not need performance of 2016 to build a 2017 budget if you already have a plan in place for several years. I think the FG and House have messed up a lot with 2016 budget but that doesn't mean they cannot start working on next year's budget as long as we are clear on where priority is, and the folks at the budget office can at least have something to. If something changes, there can always be a supplementary budget anyways. Personal Finance is not very different from any other kind of finance and I have a budget for 2017 ready already because I know what my plans are...yeah things may change then you make adjustments.

I understand there might be other opinions but can we please focus on the matter on ground and stop this hatred. It breaks my heart to see young people take politics so personal and not see the good in anything done by some people they hate or have no love for.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by olamide215: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Think before u talk
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by 989900B: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2016
What happened to reading, comprehension, and a rational mind in Nigeria?
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by 989900B: 8:54am On Apr 26, 2016
carpenter:

No, you do not need performance of 2016 to build a 2017 budget if you already have a plan in place for several years. I think the FG and House have messed up a lot with 2016 budget but that doesn't mean they cannot start working on next year's budget as long as we are clear on where priority is, and the folks at the budget office can at least have something to. If something changes, there can always be a supplementary budget anyways. Personal Finance is not very different from any other kind of finance and I have a budget for 2017 ready already because I know what my plans are...yeah things may change then you make adjustments.

I understand there might be other opinions but can we please focus on the matter on ground and stop this hatred. It breaks my heart to see young people take politics so personal and not see the good in anything done by some people they hate or have no love for.

Most of the kids here don't get it.
Too many kids and 'literate-illiterates' with pea-sized brains in this parts.

They just react to headlines -- faults of a 'failed educational system' -- you can't blame them.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by juman(m): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2016
Nevertheless, national assembly did good job on the budget.

They worked very hard corrected many mistakes made by the executive.

The executive should do their job well on the next budget.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by tete7000(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2016
carpenter:

I agree with the fact that you can have the blueprint on ground and start making plans on what the budget should look like. That takes time and it is my opinion that works should start in earnest. Infact my opinion is that those precious 7months the president wasted in constituting cabinet is the main reason we are here on this budget matter. However real allocation of resources cannot really begin until you see how much shortfall or how much you have been able to gain from previous year. For instance there will be projects you have budgeted for and had thought will finish but for reason like inflation you couldn't accomplish; such will need to be incorporated into the new fiscal year. Also oil price varies and you really need to understand the dynamics of coming year before making a projected benchmark. So in my opinion while you can plan, you can develop blueprint but you really can't do much until you have clear picture of what next year will look like close to the end of current year and then see closely into the coming year.

As per people tearing themselves apart here, its quite sad but what do you expect? Our leaders including current ones tell too much lies and where there are lies there will be distrust. To be sincere with you I am not a fan of Buhari and his cohorts too. They tell so much lies, break many promises with impunity and to add insult to injury parade themselves as men of integrity. They do everything they condemned others for, offer same excuses past administration offered that they antagonised; yet because it comes from their 'saintly' mouth they want people to trust them. Their hypocrisy reeks to heaven. What they forget is you don't build trust on lies. Finally they never take responsibility for anything because they feel they know all and they cannot err.

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by bashydemy(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2016
eph12:

How do they even know what projects to put in the budget? The outcome of this year's projects should be the determining factor of the next year's budget I think.
And for your information the president has no such powers. It will utterly be against the rule of law and militarising a democratic setting therefore setting us back many years.
Haha bro every Govt has her plan for the 4yrs of his term I mean the serious of them. Governor Amosun during his first term campaign, he analysis what project he will execute in the first 4yrs and tell some people not to worry that he won't work on their road until the second term meaning he has good agenda already. The president is not submitting the 2017 budget only trying to tell Nigerians how ready he is to deliever for them but the NASS are still the problem of the 2016 budget that mean to say even the 2017 budget have been draft and ready. Bro if you have good plan you can make your budget for the next 5years and all that will be needed as the years goes by is amending your budget.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by bashydemy(m): 9:17am On Apr 26, 2016
tete7000:

For your mind you have talked o. Unfortunately from a very ignorant point of view. If I may ask you: Who first submitted a padded budget? Do you think the house has no legitimate right to amend the budget? And finally you talked of veto, veto what? So the president will prepare his budget, amend it and then sign it in a democratic setting? If you ever went to school, you are one of reason people ridicule our education system. When you don't know please ask. As things stand only the house can overrule and veto the budget not the executive. Stop deluding yourself, we are not in a military system and the president has no such power you arrogated to him.
OMG some people just read and comment for commenting sake, who's talking about the president vetoing budget here? Go and read my comment again as I don't have time for that trash you write up there.

Go and read my comment again and ask yourself if they punish budget cos I use the world punish and the President have every power to order the arrest and prosecute those that tampered with the budget most especially that Goje and Usman Abu na wetin be him name self.
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by OgbeifunErom: 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
edonks1:
No need for budget. Buhari do not know what is budget. You cannot be talking of 2017 budget when u are not through with the 2016 budget. 1 chance

IPOB illiterate calling another person a dullard

Smh
Re: We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency by Spanner4(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2016
undecided
This Government is nothing but a Joke

D worst

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Will Campaign At Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Federal Govt Insists / Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished / How Saraki Frustrated Buhari’s Administration, By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.