Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

A Civil War At Our Doors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Civil War At Our Doors. (1717 Views)

Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant / "MMM Better Than APGA Led Government - A Civil Servant Victim" (Pictured) / Serious War At The Iwuanyanwu’s Family As The Children Battle Their Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Civil War At Our Doors. by saintneo(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2016
Seun has said no to Biafra topics on this forum.

The northern part of this country is 4 times larger in landmass compared to the SE and SS combined, also larger than the SW by far as well. Thus, I begin to wonder why the fulani herds keep coming to the south to feed their flock.

Why can't these fulani develop proper pastoral farming practices? Why can't they cultivate grass for their livestock?

Yesterday, there was an attack at Uzo-uwani. I felt very bitter, I wished I had some grenades, rocket launchers, ak47; however, none of these are at my disposal. Seriously, I would have paid these fulani people a visit.

A civil war is knocking on our doors and we are still playing politics .... speaking English language. This is an opportunity to divide this country and right all the wrongs of the past, it is an opportunity to liberate the poor masses from the shackles of illiteracy, poverty and oppression.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Am sure the authorities must be embarrassed by this and they need to do a thorough profiling of transit and human movement in this country.
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by betterABIAstate: 10:19am On Apr 26, 2016
saintneo:
Seun has said no to Biafra topics on this forum.

The northern part of this country is 4 times larger in landmass compared to the SE and SS combined, also larger than the SW by far as well. Thus, I begin to wonder why the fulani herds keep coming to the south to feed their flock.

Why can't these fulani develop proper pastoral farming practices? Why can't they cultivate grass for their livestock?

Yesterday, there was an attack at Uzo-uwani. I felt very bitter, I wished I had some grenades, rocket launchers, ak47; however, none of these are at my disposal. Seriously, I would have paid these fulani people a visit.

A civil war is knocking on our doors and we are still playing politics .... speaking English language. This is an opportunity to divide this country and right all the wrongs of the past, it is an opportunity to liberate the poor masses from the shackles of illiteracy, poverty and oppression.
you will surely hear from Igbos, just watch and see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by saintneo(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2016
Igbo people will accuse Yoruba people of cowardice. Yoruba people will accuse Igbo people of pride.

The middlebelt has been experiencing the heat, the heat is moving southwards, it is just like Nazi (Prussia/ Germany) expansion in the 1930 in Europe. There should be a unified stand against the aggression of the fulani people. We need to fight back.

Buhari has kept their mouth shut because they've got an agenda.

4 Likes

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by UmuEri(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2016
@Op don't worry, you will surely hear from Igbos. Except you don't follow their track record. They are never cowards, just watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by saintneo(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Why should there be a grazing reserve in every state?

An Igbo man goes to Lagos, Kano, etc and establish himself without any trading reserve from the governments; they pay their taxes as well. Yoruba man does his bit too, Idoma, Edo, Ibibio and many more as well do their stuff without and aid from the governments.

Why should the fulani people be spoon-fed with a grazing reserve? Why don't all the waterbodies in Nigeria be reserved for Ijaw people and other 'marine' tribes? Why don't all the taxis be reserved for Yoruba people and the buses & markets for Igbo people?

I'm getting bitter every moment I hear about the fulani carnage at Uzo-uwani.

5 Likes

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by gidgiddy: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2016
I was in Enugu when news of what was happening in Uzo Uwani broke. Many guys were enraged. Most of the Hausas selling petty goods and doing Suya in our vicinity disappeard into thin air for fear of reprisal attacks. Emotions ran high. Had there been a place where some Igbos could have layed hands on rifles, many would gone there, taken the guns and headed for Uzo-Uwani. Igbos have had enough of these Fulani attacks and the only thing preventing a bloodbath is who has weapons and who hasn't. Before Buhari came to power, these Fulani attacks happend a few times a year, today it is a daily occurance. How can someone go to another persons land to fight them? As an Igbo man, I am far from happy.

6 Likes

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by saintneo(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2016
Where are our Igbo military men? Where are our Yoruba military men? Where are our Middlebelt military men? Where are the Niger-Delta military men?

Open the fuçking barracks and distribute these weapons to the people to defend themselves.

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by saintneo(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2016
That stupid goat Murtala Muhammad was able to organise his band of criminals to organise reprisal attacks in 1966. Why can't we do it now?

Our most vocal representative Nnamdi Kanu is In jail. What is his offence? Speaking the truth.

Buhari's fulani people are well emboldened. They feel invincible now. But they must be cut to size.

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by Almajiri1: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2016
This country should be divided. Oil holding it together is today worthless.

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by MirabelArode(f): 11:45am On Apr 26, 2016
The Igbos I know will respond accordingly they are not like the quasi-southerners who have muslims all over the place worshipping fulanis for conquering them. They know themselves.

3 Likes

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by sanandreas(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
I propose that each state should have their own immigration laws. before you can enter any state you must pass through screening. Influx of people should be monitored. Our police is still leaving in stone age. We don't even have data. Nigeria is so porous.

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nigerians should thread with caution. Reprisal attacks will only endanger Igbos in the north
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by akinyeleaa: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
MirabelArode:
The Igbos I know will respond accordingly they are not like the quasi-southerners who have muslims all over the place worshipping fulanis for conquering them. They know themselves.
Patiently waiting for the response o.
U think u are doing me by making mouth abi, u are.doing yourself.
Instead of you doing the right thing, you dey inside your room dey make mouth online.
Keep playing politics, insulting pseudoenemies while those fulani animals keep slaughtering

Modified
Just found out you aren't worth my time. You opened an account just today only to start attacking Yorubas left, right and center.
Low self-esteem, if you ask me

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by MirabelArode(f): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Patiently waiting for the response o.
U think u are doing me by making mouth abi, u are.doing yourself.
Instead of you doing the right thing, you dey inside your room dey make mouth online.
Keep playing politics, insulting pseudoenemies while those fulani animals keep slaughtering

The reprisal have already started, hausa and fulanis are currently on the run in Enugu. Call anyone you know there. My sister schooled in Enugu and I have called a friend over there.
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by juman(m): 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
What a country.

Unfortunately apc is incapable to properly rule a country.
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by mamawin(f): 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
what is happening in ds country? each day wt its own bad news? I think smtin should be done and quickly, too, to avoid another civil war. I've read so many books about Biafra, but understood more when last week I picked EMEKA by Frederick Forsythe, My God, every Nigerian should read that book, but with a neutral mind, please.

1 Like

Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by mamawin(f): 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
saintneo:
Why should there be a grazing reserve in every state?

An Igbo man goes to Lagos, Kano, etc and establish himself without any trading reserve from the governments; they pay their taxes as well. Yoruba man does his bit too, Idoma, Edo, Ibibio and many more as well do their stuff without and aid from the governments.

Why should the fulani people be spoon-fed with a grazing reserve? Why don't all the waterbodies in Nigeria be reserved for Ijaw people and other 'marine' tribes? Why don't all the taxis be reserved for Yoruba people and the buses & markets for Igbo people?

I'm getting bitter every moment I hear about the fulani carnage at Uzo-uwani.
pls let's take it easy, things won't continue this way for too long. bunch of illiterates.
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by mamawin(f): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
MirabelArode:
don't go that far nah, we are all in ds together, I'm Muslim and Yoruba, but I truly condemn what is happening all over d country, don't insult anybody. if you have a solution just bring it forth
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by kingwiz(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
1stCitizen:
Nigerians should thread with caution. Reprisal attacks will only endanger Igbos in the north
f**k dat,,they warned dem but they wouldnt listen,,the list a notherner would tek along while comin to the south is radio and mat, but the igbos wud go ova dia building houses,,this killing of igbos in the north didnt stat today,,d very last tym i checked,,it was the reason for d civil war,,but the igbos wudnt listen,,those pipo has wild brain..the igbos dia are on their own...dia was neva anytin lyk one Nigeria,, those pipo are beast...
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by TheArchangel(f): 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
kingwiz:
f**k dat,,they warned dem but they wouldnt listen,,the list a notherner would tek along while comin to the south is radio and mat, but the igbos wud go ova dia building houses,,this killing of igbos in the north didnt stat today,,d very last tym i checked,,it was the reason for d civil war,,but the igbos wudnt listen,,those pipo has wild brain..the igbos dia are on their own...dia was neva anytin lyk one Nigeria,, those pipo are beast...
Nnaa, I even dey north dey type this. The best I have got here is an unsharpened obejiri which will only scratch whomever I want to defend myself from. Lucky me, I do not have properties to worry about here when water crosses the bridge. Saving for air ticket to Enugu or owerri when the atmosphere becomes too suffocating.
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by cheruv: 12:22am On Apr 27, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you will surely hear from Igbos, just watch and see.
I hope that whatever you guys are cooking is something that'd make every ear that hears it to tingle.
We Igbos shook Nigeria to its foundations in 1966 and hope you do it again shocked
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by Feraz(m): 12:32am On Apr 27, 2016
TheArchangel:
Nnaa, I even dey north dey type this. The best I have got here is an unsharpened obejiri which will only scratch whomever I want to defend myself from. Lucky me, I do not have properties to worry about here when water crosses the bridge. Saving for air ticket to Enugu or owerri when the atmosphere becomes too suffocating.
I presume NYSC is what brought you there. . .
Re: A Civil War At Our Doors. by shugaboy6102(m): 1:00am On Apr 27, 2016
mamawin:
don't go that far nah, we are all in ds together, I'm Muslim and Yoruba, but I truly condemn what is happening all over d country, don't insult anybody. if you have a solution just bring it forth
thanks and may God bless you for ur sensitivity.I hate it when we politicize or trivialize certain issues.Buhari's silence is just annoying and a sign of complacence

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Commends Police For Arresting Prime Suspect In Murder Of Woman In Kano. / Obasanjo The Grand Patron Of Supreme Kegites Club Pictured Gyrating (photos) / Nigerians Have No Chill. See What They Did To Vice President Osinbajo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.