Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll (2517 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Presidential Popularity Poll / PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by adconline(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2006
Chris Okotie most popular presidential candidate.Can he make it?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/november06/16112006/f316112006.html
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2006
Okotie can do well as president. The Nigerian factors may prevent him from getting there. If the truth must be told, Nigerians need brand new politicians. There is no hiding that all the former administrations or federal governments have never lived up to expectation especially the military regimes who acted evil while speaking of it as being good.
Okotie has been running ads on tv speaking of his programmes on agriculture et al. This is someone who has articulated plans on how to run the government.
The Nigerian factors may prevent him (ethnicity, religion, rigging, manipulation etc).
Those must be corrected before Okotie can win in his own state.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by adconline(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2006
What are his views on foreign policies. Last time he ran, he said that he would not have much to do with foreign governments.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by kitaun(m): 9:29am On Nov 16, 2006
Can he even adequately manage an LGA? given the intrigues that come with the Naija brand of politics
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2006
This only goes to show that the last presidential election was won through rigging. Okotie actually polled more than 200% more votes than his closest rival. I hope Vanguard, Silverbird and Akintola Williams will be co-opted into INEC to ensure a free and fair election grin. In any case, I have always felt Okotie has more to offer than all these people who are just out for what they can eat. His is the only party I know with a clear manifesto for Nigerians to observe and criticise. The next stage of debate will surely see Okotie beating all of them hands down.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2006
Okotie is a preacher, he cant be a president. what will he do if elected? divert from his church? how will he break the barrier between Christian and Muslim in Nigeria? please he should stick to preaching and leave politics alone.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Revolution: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2006
I find that hard to believe that Okotie will top any poll that accurately reflects the will of Nigerians… I think he most have mobilized his entire church to vote. They didn’t say how many people voted in total… if the total number of votes was low then you can easily see how his church members would have made a difference.

The only thing this proves is that the silverbird/vanguard poll was inaccurate and skwed and did not get the involvement of a wide spectrum of Nigerians. A true opinion poll should approach a variety of people for their fews rather than wait for people to give their views, otherwise a certain type of people only may express their fews. Also many people have more than 1 phone
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BlackMamba(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2006
It won't hurt that the media campaign will likely bring in more paying customers into the HOUSEHOLD.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by lewa(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2006
Okotie is a sham-what about his prediction in 2003 that God had anointed him President?End times they say and Okotie is one of those who are leading many astray. The guy can't even win his ward in his LGA!
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Easyy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2006
I personally think Okotie is a better candidate than all the ones I know to have declared their intentions so far.

Not necessarily that he is a fantastic presidential material, I dont like his ostentatious lifestyle, hopefully, he wont be too ostentatious with Nigerian public funds if he ever gets to that position.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2006
Donald Duke was the most popular candidate on all newspaper and Internet polls prior to that one. Was it rigged?
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by otokx(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2006
This is incredible but not surprising, a lot of nigerians talk a lot but don't carry out any corresponding action.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Revolution: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2006
I don't think it was rigged by the organisers but probably was manipulated by some people i.e. by getting their supporters to vote several times if they have multiple phones, or it could be simple that the people who bothered to vote where mainly Okotie's supporters.  I definitely don't think the sample of people who voted is representative of the Nigerian electrorate and that's why they are reluctant to tell us how many people voted.

The best way to do a poll is to chose a random sample of 1,000 accross the nation and ask them the relevant questions. If you wait for people to phone in only people interested in that poll will bother and that means the proresult will not be accurate. The only poll I have seen that was done this way and may have credibility was the one Marwa won, but that was before Duke declared so he wasn't included.

I have no doubt it was mainly people from Okotie's church, or other christians who like him, who voted inSilverbird poll. I find it embarrasing that embarrassing that in a country like Nigeria there are no true opinion poll organisations like Mori. Opinion polls are cruicial in a democracy because it would help the party delegates decide who the people really want. However in Nigeria they are usually organised by a politicians campaign and rigged to suit him and that's why all the various polls show different voting intentions. Only the internet polls have been consistent so far and that says something.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BigB11(m): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2006
Yes, Mr Okotie is a legitimate presidential candidate just like the rest. He's very popular and has many supporters. But we need to pay attention to the fact that Nigeria is a country that is divided into two major parts. One part comprises of the Muslims while the other comprises the Xtians.

If a Xtian preacher becomes the president of Nigeria there might be many deadly set backs in-term of conflict of interest. There is no way a Xtian preacher would be able to relate purely to Muslim folks mentality and belief. We all know that these 2 groups have separate mental acceptance of actuality.

Let's be smart and keep it real, a Xtian preacher (who is a true believer) will struggle to rule Nigeria effectively and efficiently, it is plain and simple.

Please keep in mind that I do not have anything personal against Mr Okotie. My main focus is moving Nigeria forward effectively and competently and I truly believe that with him it's not going to work, period.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Revolution: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2006
Big B1 you have nothing to worry about. Nobody can win the presidential elections without winning the north therefore Okotie has no chance. He can't even win in the south, the silverbird poll was very seriously flawed and they should admit that and cancel it rather proceed with the Presidential debate.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by aikayboy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2006
I strongly feel that the Pastor clearly one this popularity poll based on visibility alone. after all, the guy has been on air virtually week after week ever since the end of 2003 or so. he has been clearly visible, and for people who just want to vote without taking an indepth look or analysis into politics, which i feel make up some majority of Nigerians, he would definitely win a popularity poll. i would not disagree with the candidacy of Pastor Okotie based on whether he is of questionable integrity or not, but based on what innovative ideas he tends to bring into this country's leadership that could turn things around. to be quite frank, i don't buy the youth-in-government sentiment or the fine boy outlook (which is not his fault), but i would want a leader who has an idea of the heights to which this country can be taken, is firm on the ground, and has the opinions and feelings of the Nigerian populace in mind.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2006
I think Odeku is not sincere with his heart in you i see a babangida clamourer some one who do not want the best for this nation must you be a money bag or a decietful human before you can be a politician for christ sake let us for once stand by what is right you must not be all this crocodile before you can be a politician or a president in a nation where true democracy is popularity poll is what people use to determine thier next president but in this country of crooks it is not it is simply by designation. Some group of crook select who want to be president, governor, or what ever and then fix a date for an election that your vote wont count then they will anounce the man of their own choice

So we all should pray that this election should be free and fair like 93 and not for we here to say who would be and who would not be.

May Allah be with you all.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Revolution: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2006
I think he should have run for Governor of Delta State, if at all.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2006
BUSHFELLOW see this is why I have issues with people like you. How can you say I am not sincere about this issue? I do strongly agree

with my adversary Big B1, a president need experience to rule a diverse nation like Nigeria. Okotie is a preacher, what challenges does

or has he been faced with beside telling people repent and you will enter the kingdom of heaven?

How is he going to bridged the rivalry between the Muslim and the Christian in the north?

What is he going to do about the Delta crisis/

How is he going to redeem Nigeria image in the international world?

you can't be wishy washy and just wake up one day and say I think I want to be president. He should've campained for

senatorial or governorship post before going for the presidency. that would have given him some experience and exposure to the

nature and challenges that a president or a public official faces.

Nigerian have come a long way and we need leader with vision, compassion, experience and God fearing to lead us to the next generation
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2006
Being a Christian makes not only makes you a better person (a newborn to be precise), it also influences your intellect and your behaviour and attitude to whatever you lay your hands to do. In that wise, I would say having a preacher who has proved himself in all the vocations he's ever done just shows that he is the right man for the job.

For those who think he may have problems with muslims, I want to ask how many people do you know that supporteg MKO (a muslim) financially during his campaign to be President? It is on record that Okotie gave him a million naira for this purpose. That doesn't come across as one who has a problem with muslims. At least two muslims have been awarded with the KARIS Award at Okotie's church. He had a muslim woman for running mate in the last election. So please, look for another excuse. it appears the only people who can't get beyond the religion mentality are those who are criticizing him in this regard.

Okotie is indeed popular in the north. For your information. He is the only non-northerner to have ever being elected into the Board of Trustess of the Aminu Kano Foundation. Do you know how weighty that is? Babangida recently voiced out his admiration for that man and a host of people just voted for him, but all you Detractors (using our political parlance) will not give him rest. Na wa o. This man has shown our youths what it is to rise above the underdog status and to vehemently pursue your goals and dreams. I guess the psyche of many Nigerians have been so battered that they just can't accept a change of the status quo. I shake my head for una.

Until you have proofs of a set-up in the popularity poll, please do not make insinuations that stains the character of men and instituions that have proven to be some of the few in our country that are still uncorrupted.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2006
where ever he feels he is fit for let him run for it after all he did not steal any money to campaign rather the money will be donated for him unlike those who have embezled our funds and still want to come and run.

Odeku pleased have a rethink.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2006
TayoD are you for real? Being a Christian makes not only makes you a better person (a newborn to be precise), it also influences your intellect and your behavior and attitude to whatever you lay your

IS REVEREND KING Not a man of God. do you know how many preacher commit crime that are covered because people are too scared to speak against the man of God?

OK I am done wasting my time here
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2006
@odeku,

You are obviously wasting your time if you regard the so-called Rev king as your example of who a christina should be.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2006
Leave Odeku he is looking for a hide out. he knows the truth.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2006
what is the truth? Okotie is not fit to be a president face it period. I'll rather have Pat Or Duke before I look at Okotie
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2006
@odeku,

In other words, your lame effort to back up your prejudice got you to make unreasonable excuses.

Why use the word 'period'. Is that to tell us you are not open to discussions? Such words are inappropriate on a public forum like this. This is where semicolons, commas, hyphens etc, are freely welcome.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2006
TayoD I said period cause I'm on my way to the great mall in Minnesota to shop. Ill rather go do charity work than stay here and pick Kata

Kata with you guys, we all have good intentions. It's sad we here fighting and calling each other names, and the rulers of Nigeria are

eating steak and drinking wines with out tax money. comma. period, semi colon, na you sabi. na vamus i dey so
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2006
Two former Heads of State, Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida, came last with Babangida garnering 3.42 per cent to emerge 9th and Buhari with 3.40 per cent in the 10th position.

This goes to reinforce my beleif that IBB will NEVER win a free and fair election in this country under any circustances. I like this thing Vanguard is doing, even though Okotie might not win the real election, it also tells us there is no way IBB can win it. It gives us an idea of who does and does not have a chance, I live democracy.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2006
@odeku
i can see u r trying to gain attention to urself

are u saying he is not fit to be the president becos he is a preacher or he is not qualified
u mention earlier he does not have the experience to be the president obasanjo that has all the experience to be a the president how far and how well has he performed

u dont run some one down cos of the nature of the job wat we want is credible individual tyo run this country irrespective of religion or nature of job they perform . for him to be a preacher it is just his job

donald duke and odilis are making noise now it is when they leave govt position thats when we would know how much they have stolen

afterall marwa was toast of lagos until he left and we saw albarka air
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
Kai Odeku,

What are you doing in Minnesota? I thot Chicago is your base. Abeg spend money yanfun-yafun and help us keep our economy no 1 in the U.S.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 12:05am On Nov 17, 2006
TayoD I'm I'm international baby boy, when Idiagbon was there we all scream this crazy man is bringing war against indiscipline, but the

day he left office we saw the impact? say will apply to OBj. Okoties is a preacher he should keep doing Gods work, you don't have to

grin have a PHD to know Okotie can not rule Nigeria period. Its like saying hey Charlie Boy you are the next head of state.

grin grin grin beside his church and his Hummer/ what has he done to impact the people in his state? Biko nu
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 12:45am On Nov 17, 2006
@Odeku,

The Minnesota that you are coming too once had Jesse "The Body" Ventura (a former wrestler) as the Governor. We are all aware that Arnold Schwazeneger is the Governor of California (one of the biggest economies in the U.S.). If people were think the way you do, none of these guys will smell primaries talkless of becoming Governors. All that matters is that they have the compassion, the vision and the necessary administrative skills to be in those exalted positions. And by the way, what is wrong with Charlie Boy? Don't let the outward fool you, he is a very sound guy upstairs.

First you claim Okotie will be biased against muslims, and now you are making some other accusations when you have been shown the fallacy of that statement. To answer your question, please do some investigation about the fact that Okotie has set up a medical insurance scheme in Lagos similar to the one here in the U.S. Though not yet in government, he has done so much in philanthropy and is very socially responsible. Try and do some research before jumping to conclusions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anthony Eromosele Enahoro: 1923 – 2010 By Tolu Ogunlesi / Police Destroy Six Illegal Refineries In Abia / Senate: Call for SNC’s Recipe for Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.