Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Naija And Forming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Naija And Forming (548 Views)

Non Hosted Naija And USA Adsense Account Fully Approved Account For Sale / Big Gully Forming Behind The Ogbe-ogonogo Modern Market At Asaba / List Of Top 10 Nigerian Websites And Blogs With "Naija" And "Naira" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija And Forming by NikkyIvy(f): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2016
Some Nigerians can form eh

I was in a cool and expensive restaurant when two young men walked in with two ladies. It turned out I grew up with one of the men. The other young man, a full blooded Nigerian had this American accent and kept on saying "whor" meaning "what" I guess, to everything we said. He claimed that he could not understand our grammar. Our mutual friend became the translator. I didn't mind oh. Besides it could be his first time in Naija, wetin concern me.

They joined my table, placed their orders and half way through their meal, they encouraged the girls to order for some more. The girls did not waste a second. Trust Naija girls. Besides, who no like awoof?

We were ready to go when the waiter brought the bill. Our foreign brother provoked, forgot his translator, the fake drawl an contested the heavy bill. The waiter stood his ground and he yelled vehemently at the poor boy in almost perfect pidgin English. I was very embarrassed.

This kind of attitude gets on my nerves. I don't know why most Nigerians are ashamed of sounding like Nigerians. It turned out that this guy only spent a year in UK, came back and started sounding like an American. It is still okay to emulate any race, but please try not to deride innocent citizens who are proud of their mother tongue and roots. Most of us find it really hard to teach our kids our native dialect. I have witnessed a mother flog her child for speaking their mother tongue.

Biko nu, Abeg, Please we need to be proud of our respective identities. If you have been living in denial then this is a wake up call. Stop forming or pretending to be what you are not because no matter how hard you try or pretend, you will always be a Nigerian.

http://nikkyivyblog..com.ng
Re: Naija And Forming by ClitRaider: 11:37am On Apr 26, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Fake Army Captain Harasses Policemen For Seizing Motorcycle..(Photo) / NLC Strike Flops In Lagos / 5 Daily Grooming Tips Men Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.