Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export (3893 Views)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Your Car From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by waley007(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
I instead to get a car ,2009/10 Toyota Camry from auction export and contacted them,they called me and we discussed on phone,but am skeptical about dealing with a foreign company...has anyone ever bought a car from dem,please share ur experience as I don't want to regret,and how cheap ar their cars compared to buying from Nigeria and also d clearing cost palava. Also how good ar their clean title cars trustworthiness

Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by vani86: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
YOU KNOW AUCTION EXPORT ARE USUALLY SALVAGED CARS RIGHT
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by mayor2013: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Oga if you have your money. Better buy your car in naija. If you intend to buy it in the US have some1 check on the car for you. These white guys are scammers. They are professionals compared to the blacks. I can tell you their tactics. They give you a good room for comfort making you feel all is alright. All you would hear is "calm down man every thing is fine". Dealt with a whole lot of them and i can tell you they are thieves. My advice is buy your car here in naija or have some1 inspect the car on your behalf and make the payment as well

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by waley007(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
mayor2013:
Oga if you have your money. Better buy your car in naija. If you intend to buy it in the US have some1 check on the car for you. These white guys are scammers. They are professionals compared to the blacks. I can tell you their tactics. They give you a good room for comfort making you feel all is alright. All you would hear is "calm down man every thing is fine". Dealt with a whole lot of them and i can tell you they are thieves. My advice is buy your car here in naija or have some1 inspect the car on your behalf and make the payment as well
thanks
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by chukel(m): 6:18am On Apr 27, 2016
I don't know how they do it, but I believe they have sinister motives. Their cars are never allowed to be used in US or Canada. Once u buy, it's straight to exit port. It's there in there FAQ. It's there in there terms and condition. Meaning these cars are not safe to be used there.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by AutoJoshNG: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
waley007:
I instead to get a car ,2009/10 Toyota Camry from auction export and contacted them,they called me and we discussed on phone,but am skeptical about dealing with a foreign company...has anyone ever bought a car from dem,please share ur experience as I don't want to regret,and how cheap ar their cars compared to buying from Nigeria and also d clearing cost palava. Also how good ar their clean title cars trustworthiness

Thanks

Hello Waley007,

Auction export is a reputable auction brokerage company based in Toronto, Canada. Please note that the vehicles on their website are not in their care but they assist to facilitate the bidding and purchase process from car auctions, car sales and government auction organizations across North America.

It is always better to buy your car in the USA and ship into Nigeria if you want to have confidence in what you are buying because most tokunbo cars that are sold in Nigeria are bought on these same auction sites especially “copart”. The major problem is some dealers do not consider the end user of the car when bidding. Therefore, they buy cars that are extremely compromised at give away prices. However, you can select a car with zero or minimal dent and bring it in yourself as we have always done (see autojoshng on facebook for pictures). You can contact us if you need further assistance.

Buying your car in the USA and shipping to Nigeria has its advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
1) It is cheaper.
2) There is availability of varieties to choose from.
3) It is more convenient as the entire purchase to delivery process can be completed from your home.
4) What you see online is what you get. The details of the cars are clearly stated unless you do not know how to interpret them.
5) It is easier to engage a professional vehicle inspector who will help you ascertain the status of the car before you buy it.

Disadvantages:
1) It takes average of 8 weeks for your car to get to Nigeria.
2) Transit risks, which include lost car key, lost document, delay due to poor weather, possible damage to the body of the car when containerized etc. However, these risks hardly occur.
3) You may not be able to inspect the car yourself.
4) Frustration may arise due to bureaucratic processes of foreign organizations and Nigeria Customs.

In conclusion, always endeavor to do a VIN check no matter the route you take. This could go a long way to save you a lot of money and time.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by AutoJoshNG: 10:20am On Apr 27, 2016
chukel:
I don't know how they do it, but I believe they have sinister motives. Their cars are never allowed to be used in US or Canada. Once u buy, it's straight to exit port. It's there in there FAQ. It's there in there terms and condition. Meaning these cars are not safe to be used there.

Hello Chukel,

Please note that auction export serves as an agent that helps you buy cars from different sellers and they are registered in the USA as an exporter. Therefore, the title document of the cars bought through them is always stamped for export only. The advantage for this export only is, you won't have to pay sales tax in USA as taxes are expected to be paid in the country of destination.

Salvaged cars can be repaired, duly registered and driven on American roads but you have to pay all applicable taxes. In fact, car dealers in USA also buy cars from these same auctions like copart and they repair the cars for onward sale to American drivers.

It is a tax issue an not a roadworthiness issue.

Autojoshng

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by ataspray(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
chukel:
this obtains for every car bought in america by car dealers importers and what not. u dont drive such auction cars, as they dont have any title. once a car is sold and its for export, u cant drive it in america again
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by mayor2013: 10:11am On May 01, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Hello Chukel,

Please note that auction export serves as an agent that helps you buy cars from different sellers and they are registered in the USA as an exporter. Therefore, the title document of the cars bought through them is always stamped for export only. The advantage for this export only is, you won't have to pay sales tax in USA as taxes are expected to be paid in the country of destination.

Salvaged cars can be repaired, duly registered and driven on American roads but you have to pay all applicable taxes. In fact, car dealers in USA also buy cars from these same auctions like copart and they repair the cars for onward sale to American drivers.

It is a tax issue an not a roadworthiness issue.

Autojoshng

Was it not the same site a nairalander bought a car from sometime ago and was swindled of his money undecided
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by dannadikeh: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Auction export is one of the most reliable sites buying and shipping cars from the US to Nigeria, with AUCTION EXPORT you can go to bed and wait for delivery of your car in Lagos 6-8wks after purchase. I would have said success on these deals hits 100% but nothing in real life is actually 100% correct. I started patronizing these people since 2014 and have always had exceptional deals with them. Its actually cheaper buying from there if you understand the minor technicalities
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export by Ninobraw(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
dannadikeh:
Auction export is one of the most reliable sites buying and shipping cars from the US to Nigeria, with AUCTION EXPORT you can go to bed and wait for delivery of your car in Lagos 6-8wks after purchase. I would have said success on these deals hits 100% but nothing in real life is actually 100% correct. I started patronizing these people since 2014 and have always had exceptional deals with them. Its actually cheaper buying from there if you understand the minor technicalities
can I please have your phone number please

(1) (Reply)

My Transaction With Gazzuzz.... / Toyota Camry 2007 Model Gear Issue / Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.