Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. (3907 Views)

Here Are The Pictures Winsomelady Took During Her Graduation / 25 Interesting Words Derived From The Names Of People Throughout History / 25 Interesting Words Derived From The Names Of People Throughout History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
http://familyesperience..com/2016/04/an-alternative-method-of-deriving.html

we need to encourage our youths who wish to contribute to the academic world. look at how this igbo guy proved Almighty Formula in a different way.

2 Shares

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by amiskurie(m): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
What are we suppose to do with ur picture,where are your derivation?

9 Likes

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
amiskurie:

brother Nawaooo!!!! u no c the link above? check the link first b4 complaining. or are u jealous about the guys breakthrough?
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by buharisbae(f): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
must u include anambra? embarassed yeebos and inferiority like bread n butter

5 Likes

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by prinsam30: 10:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
u still have to share it with us here on nairaland so we can deliberate on it
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
So ??

2 Likes

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by BlackHummer(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
OP, your mathematical proving is NOT different from completing the square. All those differentiation you were doing are redundant and unnecessary complications. It is simply a circumlocution for completing the square, or still, a distractor. If you compare your procedure properly with that of the conventional completing the square, the only difference is your inclusion of x(x+b/a) to both sides of the equation which is more time consuming and waste of real estate. I mean, look at equation 5. Rearrange it and compare and contrast against completing the square then you'll be able to filter out the complications that made your 'novel' procedure look as though it was different from completing the square.
Btw, equation 1 and 3 might have some issues you might want to check.
But I like people who like maths

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by ademasta(m): 12:09am On Apr 27, 2016
undecided
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by yunglivochi(m): 2:08am On Apr 27, 2016
so wu dis thread eep
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 4:56am On Apr 27, 2016
BlackHummer:
OP, your mathematical proving is NOT different from completing the square. All those differentiation you were doing are redundant and unnecessary complications. It is simply a circumlocution for completing the square, or still, a distractor. If you compare your procedure properly with that of the conventional completing the square, the only difference is your inclusion of x(x+b/a) to both sides of the equation which is more time consuming and waste of real estate. I mean, look at equation 5. Rearrange it and compare and contrast against completing the square then you'll be able to filter out the complications that made your 'novel' procedure look as though it was different from completing the square.
Btw, equation 1 and 3 might have some issues you might want to check.
But I like people who like maths

OK ,lets do this little comparison.

* while you complete a square so as to have a perfect square trinomial at the LHS, which after factoring yields the binomial (X+ b/2a)^2, I differentiate a monic quadratic equation whose square - half automatically yields a binomial
(X +b/2a)^2 which is then added to the both sides of the monic quadratic for expansion, so as to cancel like terms.

so, while you factorize for completing the square principle, I expand in this method, and this is the major reason for their difference.

Also,the application of first order derivative contributes to its difference.

if you believe so,the you would believe that factoring by grouping method and box method are the same. but they are not. see, in method,once one or two steps alter,the methods are not the same again, rather similar just like the case of
Gaussian and Gauss-Jordan rule for linear systems.

As of the equations, 1 and 3, I have corrected them.

Thanks anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 4:59am On Apr 27, 2016
yunglivochi:
so wu dis thread eep

it helps mathematical - minded people because, they will be happy

1 Like

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by Oyiboman69: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2016
op I can't see what we are discussing or is it audio,you know I definitely don't like.... you know wara mean...
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by en0uwem: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Pls, I need just 200 "likes" on Facebook to win a competition. And I know that you can help me to achieve that by clicking on this link:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1019111638159235&id=100001812256041

1 Like

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2016
Oyiboman69:
op I can't see what we are discussing or is it audio,you know I definitely don't like.... you know wara mean...

Ahh! Brother, u are too quick to conclude. Open the link above before complaining.
That is what others do before writing comments.

"I definitely don't like......", said by you.
That I don't understand. Na u know wetin u mean
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2016
en0uwem:
Pls, I need just 200 "likes" on Facebook to win a competition. And I know that you can help me to achieve that by clicking on this link:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1019111638159235&id=100001812256041

OK I shall do mine
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by lazyList: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:
http://familyesperience..com/2016/04/an-alternative-method-of-deriving.html

we need to encourage our youths who wish to contribute to the academic world. look at how this igbo guy proved Almighty Formula in a different way.
Bro, what u just did was simply trying to show us how efficient completing the square method is... Don't think u can win an award with that.... I like ur instincts though.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by BlackHummer(m): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

* while you complete a square so as to have a perfect square trinomial at the LHS, which after factoring yields the binomial (X+ b/2a)^2, I differentiate a monic quadratic equation whose square - half automatically yields a binomial
(X +b/2a)^2 which is then added to the both sides of the monic quadratic for expansion, so as to cancel like terms.

so, while you factorize for completing the square principle, I expand in this method, and this is the major reason for their difference.

if you believe so,the you would believe that factoring by grouping method and box method are the same. but they are not. see, in method,once one or two steps alter,the methods are not the same again, rather similar just like the case of

Thanks anyway.
Bro, what u did is still completing the square. Aside this, there are tons of issues I could raise from your opening statement to the end. I just don't feel it is needful though. But if you love maths this much and you keep pushing further, you'll hit something big by God's grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by yunglivochi(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

tongue
SlimShaddy10:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by hausadreturn(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
buharisbae:
must u include anambra? embarassed yeebos and inferiority like bread n butter
are u sure u're not the one with the inferiority complex? If not, why the worry?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
BlackHummer:

Bro, what u did is still completing the square. Aside this, there are tons of issues I could raise from your opening statement to the end. I just don't feel it is needful though. But if you love maths this much and you keep pushing further, you'll hit something big by God's grace

U still don't get it brother.
See, the method of completing a square has the name because, after taking C/a to the RHS Then we form a perfect square trinomial at the LHS which when factorized gives a perfect square binomial. It is for this reason that the method got the name,'completing the square'.

But this method did not do anything like trying to form any perfect square so as to get a perfect square binomial rather, the method uses derivative to get directly the perfect square binomial which is expanded. On this note, the method is different from method of completing the square.

Hope you construe my meaning
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by BlackHummer(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

U still don't get it brother.
See, the method of completing a square has the name because, after taking C/a to the RHS Then we form a perfect square trinomial at the LHS which when factorized gives a perfect square binomial. It is for this reason that the method got the name,'completing the square'.

But this method did not do anything like trying to form any perfect square so as to get a perfect square binomial rather, the method uses derivative to get directly the perfect square binomial which is expanded. On this note, the method is different from method of completing the square.

Hope you construe my meaning

Na wah oh. You still want us to keep going backwards and forward again and again.

This is completing the square:
Xsq + bx/a = -c/a
Add to both sides the square of half the coeff of x
Xsq + bx/a + (b/2a)sq = -c/a + (b/2a)sq
Factorise
(X+b/2a)sq = -c/a + (b/2a)sq...this is completing the square....eqn(a) you are using the first derivative of the equation to complete the square!
From equation 5 in your model,
Xsq + bx/a + c/a +(x+b/2a)sq = (x +b/2a)sq ....this is still attempting to complete the square!

You now rearranged to have:
(X+b/2a)sq = (x+b/2a)sq - (xsq + bx/a + c/a)

You now expanded:
(X+b/2a)sq = xsq + bx/a + (b/2a)sq - xsq - bx/a - c/a

You now simplified:
(X+b/2a)sq = (b/2a)sq - c/a.....eqn (b)

How is eqn (a) different from (b) aside from being less complicated? All you just did is to complicate the procedure for completing the square.

Bros, trust me when I say this is nothing but beating about the bush. It won't hold water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
BlackHummer:

Na wah oh. You still want us to keep going backwards and forward again and again.

This is completing the square:
Xsq + bx/a = -c/a
Add to both sides the square of half the coeff of x
Xsq + bx/a + (b/2a)sq = -c/a + (b/2a)sq
Factorise
(X+b/2a)sq = -c/a + (b/2a)sq...this is completing the square....eqn(a) you are using the first derivative of the equation to complete the square!
From equation 5 in your model,
Xsq + bx/a + c/a +(x+b/2a)sq = (x +b/2a)sq ....this is still attempting to complete the square!

You now rearranged to have:
(X+b/2a)sq = (x+b/2a)sq - (xsq + bx/a + c/a)

You now expanded:
(X+b/2a)sq = xsq + bx/a + (b/2a)sq - xsq - bx/a - c/a

You now simplified:
(X+b/2a)sq = (b/2a)sq - c/a.....eqn (b)

How is eqn (a) different from (b) aside from being less complicated? All you just did is to complicate the procedure for completing the square.

Bros, trust me when I say this is nothing but beating about the bush. It won't hold water.

given

aX^2 + bX + C = 0

X^2 + ( b/a)X = -c/a

Complete the square on the left side of the equation and balance this by adding the same value to the right side of the equation.

so my guy, do u see where the name came from? the reason of completing this square is to have a quadratic equation at the LHS which would yield us the same factors ( X+b/2a)(X+b/2a) after factoring, noting that the product is (X+b/2a)^2

so, the process of getting to this point is to form a perfect square trinomial and nothing else brother ahh!
just simple thing to understand. no need to argue.

but I did not form any perfect square so as to get the same binomial (X+b/2a)^2.

well, I don't wish to argue with you again. believe me or don't. I know what I did. if you doubt me,then take this to some one who is good in maths to check it's difference.
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by BlackHummer(m): 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

given

aX^2 + bX + C = 0

X^2 + ( b/a)X = -c/a

Complete the square on the left side of the equation and balance this by adding the same value to the right side of the equation.

so my guy, do u see where the name came from? the reason of completing this square is to have a quadratic equation at the LHS which would yield us the same factors ( X+b/2a)(X+b/2a) after factoring, noting that the product is (X+b/2a)^2

so, the process of getting to this point is to form a perfect square trinomial and nothing else brother ahh!
just simple thing to understand. no need to argue.

but I did not form any perfect square so as to get the same binomial (X+b/2a)^2.

well, I don't wish to argue with you again. believe me or don't. I know what I did. if you doubt me,then take this to some one who is good in maths to check it's difference.

Ok
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
hausadreturn:
are u sure u're not the one with the inferiority complex? If not, why the worry?

Ask me ooo ooooo.!!!!!
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by Obas101(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

Thanks anyway.

So na even you... He you just wan showcase ursef smh
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=Obas101 post=45102908]

So na even you... He you just wan showcase

guy make your self what u wanna be . no hard feelings
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by kennyjodeci(m): 4:57am On Apr 28, 2016
I just hate maths especially when they ask us to find X

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 10:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Obas101:

So na even you... He you just wan showcase ursef smh

Are you jealous? if you are, good for u.
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by Obas101(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

Are you jealous? if you are, good for u.

It's no big deal, i should be the telling good for you
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by SlimShaddy10(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Obas101:

It's no big deal, i should be the telling good for you

well, I am not the one who brought the method. it was my cousin. But I am good in mathematics also. So,b4 blogging this, I have read it over and over, and have even studied it together with a professor of maths who encouraged him (my cousin) to write it as a project for publication. So, my cousin is the one who did that, and is the one in the pix.

no hard feelings
Re: See The Pictures Of The Anambra Guy Who Derived Almight Formula Differently. by agentofchange1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
amiskurie:

content of the link ..

The solutions of a quadratic equation are given
by two methods among which are : factoring
method and quadratic formula. But quadratic
formula (a.k.a, Almighty formula) as opposed to
the factoring method, works in every quadratic
equation so far as the discriminant is non
negative. Many alternative Derivations of the
quadratic formula have been given in different
texts. In this write-up, I shall show a distinct
means of deriving the Almighty formula . See
the nature of the quadratic formula in equation
X = -b ± sqrt( b^2 - 4ac) / 2a...........1.0
At this point, instead of using the completing
the square principle for the proof, I proof it this
way.
Given a general quadratic equation of the form
aX^2 + bX + C = 0, where X is an unknown, while
a,b,and c are known numbers such that a is not
zero. Let this quadratic equation be the first
equation, i.e,
aX^2 + bX + C = 0................1
Form a monic quadratic equation by multiplying
equation one by 1 / a. This yields the second
equation i.e,
X^2 + (b/a)X + C / a = 0............2
Let F(X) = X^2 + (b/a)X + c/a = 0
Differentiate to have
F'(X) = 2X + (b/a)
Dividing the derivative by 2 and squaring the
result
gives
(F'(X)/2)^2 = ( X + b/2a)^2
Now add this square -half of the derivative to
the both sides of equation two.
Doing this we have,
X^2+(b/a)X+c/a + ( F'(X)/2)^2
= (F'(X)/2)^2...............3
But (F'(X)/2)^2 =( X + b/2a)^2
We then substitute to have
X^2 + (b/a)X + c/a + (X+b/2a)^2 =
(X +b/2a)^2................4
Isolating the LHS binomial we have ( X + b/2a )
^2 = ( X+b/2a )^2 - ( X^2 + b/aX + c/a)......5
Expanding the RHS binomial we have
( X + b/2a )^2 = X^2 + b/aX + b^2 / 4a^2 - ( X^2
+ b/aX + c/a) .......6
We cancel out like terms to have ( X + b/2a) ^2
= b^2 / 4a^2 - c/a............7
We take the LCM at the RHS to have,
( X + b/2a )^2 = b^2 - 4ac / 4a^2.............8
Take the square root of both sides to have,
X + b/2a = ±sqrt(b^2 - 4ac) / 2a.............9
Isolate X to have
X = - b/2a ± sqrt( b^2 - 4ac) / 2a..............10
We take the LCM of the RHS to have
X = - b ± sqrt( b^2 - 4ac ) / 2a..............11
Q.E.D
By
The unique nature of this method is that, it
saves us the stress of trying to complete a
square which would have led to factoring the
perfect square. Here, we only expand so as to
eliminate like terms.
Note : This write - up was made by
Makasi Chinedu on the 26 day of April 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

HND And American Universities / The Institute Of Science Laboratory Technology(islt) Forms Of Delsu Are Out. / The 10 Worst Countries To Raise Kids And Start A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.