Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? (15102 Views)

Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! / Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by sniperwolf(m): 7:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Free-on-net calls when there are less than 50 activated lines across the country.

1 Like

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by olumzzz(m): 7:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Nigerians and ill-gotten information. Ntel never said free browsing for 3 months. I only saw till May 1st on their website. Wonder where OP got his own from
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:16am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

If you know the Telecommunication architecture of Nigeria, you wont be spewing such. It will only take NTEL few months to knock of top players once they re in full operations. The strongest competitor MTN, is fast in a hurry to roll out 4G knowing the consequences.

It shows you know nothing about Telecommunications market in Nigeria.

Forget all the LTE noise, coverage is the king and NTEL don't have that for now.

The only competition to MTN is GLO.

They both have LTE license and Better coverage.

2 Likes

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by akinremedy(m): 7:17am On Apr 27, 2016
skyo78:

Or maybe you didn't understand their offer.

Myth 3 months unlimited browsing.....

It's not just 4 days. They started selling on the 19th, so it's unlimited browsing till 30th, which is about 11 days.
Then unlimited for the next 3 months (no data cap or throttling) as long as you are on any of their bundles..

So if you subscribe for N1K, you get 3 days unlimited
N2, 400 is one week unlimited
N9K is one month unlimited...
... For the next three months

After that fair usage applies.
N1k will give you 'unlimited' with a 3gb fair usage cap, then you get throttled during peak periods
N2, 400 will give you 9gb fair usage then throttle... Etc, etc

So they didn't 'lie', you just didn't read their terms and conditions properly

Bros, ur head correct well well! U explained the whole thing in detail. Thanks a bunch!
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Rocking my ntel now, pulling giga bye giga everyday

3 Likes

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by popcykaylah(m): 7:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Most people won't pick thier Sims with this development

2 Likes

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Forget all the LTE noise, coverage is the king and NTEL don't have that for now.

grin grin grin

Coverage you mentioned? I told you it was only about time....I hope u aware that Nitel was covering Nigeria before? So you can deduce...... Its a matter of time and its very near.

You talked about license but let me enlighten you if it might interest you that Ntel is 2nd to deploy VOIP in Africa. Ntel has SAT 1 and SAT 3 which is linked to 164 member countries across the world. Also, Ntels bandwidth cant be compared to None in Africa.

GLO and MTN might have the edge for now...But in no time...The market will be very competitive.

3 Likes

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

grin grin grin

Coverage you mentioned? I told you it was only about time....I hope u aware that Nitel was covering Nigeria before? So you can deduce...... Its a matter of time and its very near.

You talked about license but let me enlighten you if it might interest you that Ntel is 2nd to deploy VOIP in Africa. Ntel has SAT 1 and SAT 3 which is linked to 164 member countries across the world. Also, Ntels bandwidth cant be compared to None in Africa.

GLO and MTN might have the edge for now...But in no time...The market will be very competitive.

But honestly...Its like comparing a Mercedes Benz SUV with an Innoson SUV
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

If you know the Telecommunication architecture of Nigeria, you wont be spewing such. It will only take NTEL few months to knock of top players once they re in full operations. The strongest competitor MTN, is fast in a hurry to roll out 4G knowing the consequences.

U know if MTN decides to go 4g then that will be the final nail on the coffin for ntel.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

I don't know what's more laughable. The fact that you think MTN can be 'knocked off' easily or the fact that you think Ntel will have nationwide coverage in 'a few months'

2 Likes

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
greenhulk:

U know if MTN decides to go 4g then that will be the final nail on the coffin for ntel.

You re a layman in this field even though i dont expect you to be a jack of all trade.

MTN will do much but at the pace at which NTEL will catch up with them, you will be amazed. We re talking about a former National Carrier that already has a working link across Nigeria and the world. It will onlt take it time to be in the frontlines.

1 Like

Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2016
texazzpete:

I don't know what's more laughable. The fact that you think MTN can be 'knocked off' easily or the fact that you think Ntel will have nationwide coverage in 'a few months'

MTN cant be knocked off easily...Thats a fact. And NTEL also has a lot to do to meet up. I never disagreed with your stated point.

Just that they move at a faster pace because they already have a working architecture across Nigeria and linked to the rest of the world.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Dee60: 8:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Well, NTEL should not start with LIES. They should give me the numbers I reserved.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by OBAGADAFFI: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

grin grin grin

But honestly...Its like comparing a Mercedes Benz SUV with an Innoson SUV

You're wrong here achieving national coverage is not easy, if you know about network deployment.

Knowing they're using expensive Ericsson equipment for deployment.

GLO already has Glo1, MTN has stakes in ACE submarine.

GLO and MTN got better marketing strategies.

NTEL is not doing any serious advertising or marketing.

Just look at the shoddy job with sim deployment. Imagine telling people to go to ABUJA Transcorp hotel for SIM cards.Nonscence.

NTEL is not ready for business.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by skyo78(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2016
greenhulk:

MTN is already doing 4g lte with their hynet....
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

You re a layman in this field even though i dont expect you to be a jack of all trade.

MTN will do much but at the pace at which NTEL will catch up with them, you will be amazed. We re talking about a former National Carrier that already has a working link across Nigeria and the world. It will onlt take it time to be in the frontlines.

I really want that to happen, I like competition. But with their first impression I'm disappointed. How can they make their pioneers abuja residents only? Don't get me wrog, ntel has tremendous internet speed and I'm impressed with that. Their problem though is management. Check their website, it looks like something designed by an ssce holder. And look at the emails they sent, it doesn't look professional at all. My Lil' cousin can sure design a better website. And to excel in this industry u can't focus only on data speed. Also their plans are fair but only to the heavy users. Does that bother me? NO, as I'm also a heavy user. But there are people that can't afford to pay 9k every month to be online. Some people just want 3gb a month for a lower fee... Where do u place such people?

And did u just say former NATIONAL CARRIER? That is the major problem, from experience we all know anything NATIONAL in this country is mismanaged. Does HITV ring a bell?
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Ahasuerus2(m): 8:17am On Apr 27, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2016
texazzpete:

Don't mind him, like we don't know how anything owned by Nigerians especially if it involves the government works. Wasn't hitv supposed to knock Dstv off?
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by xhamel89: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

Liar, say only what you know. MTN had 4G from Visafone LTE and lately Visafone final acquisition. But even at that, it's total nonsense compare with what Ntel offers.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by 4C2215131: 8:40am On Apr 27, 2016
skyo78:

Or maybe you didn't understand their offer.

Myth 3 months unlimited browsing.....

It's not just 4 days. They started selling on the 19th, so it's unlimited browsing till 30th, which is about 11 days.
Then unlimited for the next 3 months (no data cap or throttling) as long as you are on any of their bundles..

So if you subscribe for N1K, you get 3 days unlimited
N2, 400 is one week unlimited
N9K is one month unlimited...
... For the next three months

After that fair usage applies.
N1k will give you 'unlimited' with a 3gb fair usage cap, then you get throttled during peak periods
N2, 400 will give you 9gb fair usage then throttle... Etc, etc

So they didn't 'lie', you just didn't read their terms and conditions properly

Nice breakdown of the facts!
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2016
xhamel89:

Liar, say only what you know. MTN had 4G from Visafone LTE and lately Visafone final acquisition. But even at that, it's total nonsense compare with what Ntel offers.

grin grin grin

It amazes me how you called me a liar while you the one actually telling lies. Where is MTN 4G? Can you do a printscreen of the reception on your phone? You lie too much!

Yes, MTN acquired Visafone and presently just rolling out. You just talked like an outright layman "MTN had 4G from Visafone LTE" grin grin grin
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by joshuaidibia(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2016
pinkiberry:
bad market for some people cheesy
And i nearly book flight ticket go buy my own. Btw,sis your DP posture is funny. :-D #NoOffence
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 8:49am On Apr 27, 2016
greenhulk:

I really want that to happen, I like competition. But with their first impression I'm disappointed. How can they make their pioneers abuja residents only? Don't get me wrog, ntel has tremendous internet speed and I'm impressed with that. Their problem though is management. Check their website, it looks like something designed by an ssce holder. And look at the emails they sent, it doesn't look professional at all. My Lil' cousin can sure design a better website. And to excel in this industry u can't focus only on data speed. Also their plans are fair but only to the heavy users. Does that bother me? NO, as I'm also a heavy user. But there are people that can't afford to pay 9k every month to be online. Some people just want 3gb a month for a lower fee... Where do u place such people?

And did u just say former NATIONAL CARRIER? That is the major problem, from experience we all know anything NATIONAL in this country is mismanaged. Does HITV ring a bell?

Brilliant i must confess!

A lot still needs to be done considering the fact that this was an almost collapsed structure. To early to judge tho, lets give them time...
And ;ove your pointer "And did u just say former NATIONAL CARRIER? That is the major problem, from experience we all know anything NATIONAL in this country is mismanaged. Does HITV ring a bell" But its now been privatized so lets just sit back relax as consumers and see how they will meet-up.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by shamecurls(m): 9:05am On Apr 27, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

You're wrong here achieving national coverage is not easy, if you know about network deployment.

Knowing they're using expensive Ericsson equipment for deployment.

GLO already has Glo1, MTN has stakes in ACE submarine.

GLO and MTN got better marketing strategies.

NTEL is not doing any serious advertising or marketing.

Just look at the shoddy job with sim deployment. Imagine telling people to go to ABUJA Transcorp hotel for SIM cards.Nonscence.

NTEL is not ready for business.

At a time, I will agree with you only because they re just rolling out. The initiation might be kind of slow with a lot of flaws but i believe they will adjust for good. Moreover, Ericsson is not the only vendor they re using as Huawei also has some e.g Abuja
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

Chai!

lwkmd
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Where's their Lagos office?
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

At a time, I will agree with you only because they re just rolling out. The initiation might be kind of slow with a lot of flaws but i believe they will adjust for good. Moreover, Ericsson is not the only vendor they re using as Huawei also has some e.g Abuja

If GLO the Second National Carrier with all her facilities, is still fighting to meet MTN.

How will NTEL, fare in the market.

Ericsson is NTEL major vendor, because they are part of the NATCOM consortium.

Their marketing is not even visible, what is their CCO doing.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Mavor: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2016
Can anyone in Abuja coming to Lagos in the next few days help me get this sim? I'll pay a token for your service of course. Payment on delivery. Scammers please swerve.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by coldsummer: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2016
charix:
Is anybody surprised? I'm not.

lmao. i was telling them their claim was a bogus and obvious lies. People thought i was just talking out of point.

wont even waste my money to buy their phone chip.

Nansense
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Mavor:
Can anyone in Abuja coming to Lagos in the next few days help me get this sim? I'll pay a token for your service of course. Payment on delivery. Scammers please swerve.

There's little bit stressed in getting the sim, cos u can only register one sim with your id and sometimes there system don't recognise national drivers licence.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Mavor: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
melya:

There's little bit stressed in getting the sim, cos u can only register one sim with your id and sometimes there system don't recognise national drivers licence.
Ahh I see.
Re: Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? by Adamo84(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2016
shamecurls:

Chai!

cheesy grin grin grin Bros, You be comedian Biko send me the above Pics and any other funny ones you got. I will PM you my email

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Amazing Things You Can Do With Your OTG / 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus / Innjoo Note Custom Rom (use 3g Network On Both Sims)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.