Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison (13249 Views)

Maryam-Mairo Tambuwal Helps Man & Son Attacked By Thugs In Sokoto. PICS / Official Portrait Of Hajia Maryam Mairo, Aminu Tambuwal's Second Wife / Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by queendalyn(f): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2016

It could be recalled that during her last visit to the prisons, Hajiya Maryam Mairo Aminu Waziri Tambuwal asked the prison officials to compile a list of prisoners being incarcerated due to lack of the wherewithal to pay the fines imposed on them.

After a thorough review of the cases presented, Her Excellency approved the payment of fines for a substantial number of prisoners. The fines were paid and the prisoners were earlier released this afternoon. 

Prominent among those released is a trader who lost his Capital and was sued by his debtors. The debt was paid and the court fine settled. An Okada operator who lost his motorcycle to armed robbers and was sued by the owner and jailed was also released and the compensation for the motorcycle paid by Her Excellency in full.
A large number of those with minor offences were also released after the payment of their fines.

The wife of the governor was represented by Hajiya Fadimatu Aminu Acy ( wife of the commissioner of commerce ) who also presented the relief items pledged by the governor’s wife which includes matrasses , pillows , medicines , medical and well being aids, baby milk and for babies and infants of female inmates etc

In his remarks the state Deputy Comptroller of prisons thanked the Governor’s Wife for the gesture and advised the released inmates to be of good behaviour in the future.

The released inmates who were full of joy thanked the Governor’s Wife and prayed to God Almighty to reward her abundantly. Transportation and some start over allowance, was also provided for the released inmates.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i/2016/04/26/photos-wife-of-sokoto-state-governor-maryam-tambuwal-settles-fines-of-some-prison-immates-at-the-sokoto-central-prisons/

2 Likes

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by queendalyn(f): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by zico530(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Women and sabi sabi
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by TippyTop(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2016
I hope they're what this report says they are.

3 Likes

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by iwezor1(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2016
Such a nice gesture, its left for others to emulate... and those guys has to change.

1 Like

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by chriskosherbal(m): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2016
What a heart of gold.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Cutemi(f): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2016
queendalyn:

It could be recalled that during her last visit to the prisons, Hajiya Maryam Mairo Aminu Waziri Tambuwal asked the prison officials to compile a list of prisoners being incarcerated due to lack of the wherewithal to pay the fines imposed on them.

After a thorough review of the cases presented, Her Excellency approved the payment of fines for a substantial number of prisoners. The fines were paid and the prisoners were earlier released this afternoon. 

Prominent among those released is a trader who lost his Capital and was sued by his debtors. The debt was paid and the court fine settled. An Okada operator who lost his motorcycle to armed robbers and was sued by the owner and jailed was also released and the compensation for the motorcycle paid by Her Excellency in full.
A large number of those with minor offences were also released after the payment of their fines.

The wife of the governor was represented by Hajiya Fadimatu Aminu Acy ( wife of the commissioner of commerce ) who also presented the relief items pledged by the governor’s wife which includes matrasses , pillows , medicines , medical and well being aids, baby milk and for babies and infants of female inmates etc

In his remarks the state Deputy Comptroller of prisons thanked the Governor’s Wife for the gesture and advised the released inmates to be of good behaviour in the future.

The released inmates who were full of joy thanked the Governor’s Wife and prayed to God Almighty to reward her abundantly. Transportation and some start over allowance, was also provided for the released inmates.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i/2016/04/26/photos-wife-of-sokoto-state-governor-maryam-tambuwal-settles-fines-of-some-prison-immates-at-the-sokoto-central-prisons/

God bless her richly.

3 Likes

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2016
grin
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2016
Chim
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by ebig21(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2016
God bless her very much, kudos

1 Like

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Qmerit(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2016
Do know what to say good not good for democracy... Don't just know
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by kayceechile032(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2016
Niz one Hajiya
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by NathanBabs(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2016
Mrz Waziri Tambuwal go just be like "go and sin no more"...nice!!!
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by baddyoosha: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
i
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Somcrizzy(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
Chukwu gozie gi ma! I hate seing prisoners, thats remind me..wait make una hold ur ear tight.
Please sin no more.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by iwezor1(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
Cutemi:

God bless her richly.
#smiles yeah. Buh you really do not have to quote the whole thing.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
this is good news indeed
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2016
she do well
Bt y dose fuys dey prison..if na jst money dem owe?
Hw do they expect dem to pay d fines/debt if they ar in prison and nt workin
Naso som of dem for spend 20years for dat place.. If nt for dis woman

2 Likes

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Kennitrust(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2016
It is good be good at the time u have the opportunity to be good. The best time to do something Good is the moment u can do it.
I love this gesture.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by nan1: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2016
madam keep it up kudos to u
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by bedspread: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2016
HOPE THEY DON'T JOIN FULANI HERDS MEN!
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Paulpenny(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Good one
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by emajoe: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2016
GOD BLESS YOU MADAM.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2016
God bless her.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by Stancity(m): 11:02am On Apr 27, 2016
I hope these guys been released has nothing to do with Boko haram or herdsmen bcus if yes, they better remain there cus we already have huge problems to tackle..

Herdsmen now forming kingkong everywhere they go..
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by M4gunners: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Qmerit:
Do know what to say good not good for democracy... Don't just know
This has nothing to do with democracy. What she did is nothing but helping the poor.
Those guys are there not because they were caught with guns or there kkidnappers, but because of lack of funds to secure their freedom.

1 Like

Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by delishpot: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Wow, she did well. I join the freed men to say Thank you ma!

Did not imagine people like that are in jail. This is an eye opener. By Gods grace,as often as I can, I will visit a state prison to see how I can help a fellow in need like this.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by M4gunners: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2016
One woman there in Abuja is buying watch of 10m vanity.
Re: Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison by wink2015(m): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2016
Special reorientation training should be given to them to change their mindset from criminal. so that they can rewind back to civil society against the crimes that took them there in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Accused Of Renting Protesters Against Amnesty International / 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu / Adopt Consensus To Avoid Dollar Rain, APC Chieftain Urges Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.