Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) (35438 Views)

Most Expensive Car In The World, 2018 Will Blow Your Mind / Get The Cheapest,most Affordable Deals On Cars Here.it Will Blow Your Mind / Audi's Future Truck Will Blow Your Mind! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Middlefinger1: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
jayriginal:
The Laraki is to me the best looking in the list.

One Laraki for Saraki.

grin
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by DeCleff(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
princemillla:
The beat among all is is all of them..... These people are making us proud.

Laraki and that of GHANA COUGHT my attention mehn

Laraki also manufacture yacht check out more pics of Laraki products

Those Gh suv designs are originated from china.

I was one its fan until i saw same suv produced by chinese manufacturers
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by ogahomale: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
jazinogold:
Hope EFCC are ot going through this trend grin

let them not mistake 'Laraki' with 'saraki'

before you know them go modify him charges for court!!!

APC....Always Punishing Citizens
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by ogwumgbe: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bleep every tribal comments in nairaland. Can't we out grow tribalism for once? Are we cursed or what? Innoson is a Nigerian and uses Nigerian p. Where he comes from doesn't matter. That's why the North continue to use the South as their chess board. Shame to you unpatriotic tribal bigots.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by geesampower(m): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
ogwumgbe:
Bleep every tribal comments in nairaland. Can't we out grow tribalism for once? Are we cursed or what? Innoson is a Nigerian and uses Nigerian p. Where he comes from doesn't matter. That's why the North continue to use the South as their chess board. Shame to you unpatriotic tribal bigots.
Don't mind the fooo.ls. I am yoruba and I must confess the future of innoson motors is bright. Potentially brighter than any other auto maker in africa presently. They may still be importing a lot of parts BUT what people don't know is every automaker does the same.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by mmsen: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
HardMirror:

The website is there

They claim to have been in business for 17 years but only now thought to build a website? Not a single tweet either.

Which viable business doesn't have an online presence in the 21st century?

From what I've been able to find out they've never made a production vehicle - only three concept cars, the last of which was unveiled three years ago.

Dubious.

As opposed to Innoson - active on Facebook, twitter, a fully functioning website and physical stock.

Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by fart: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
geesampower:

We may lack innovation and design, BUT innoson takes the crown when you look at commercial prowess.

Please shut up there. Commercial prowess ko.if you look at the cars manufactured in Morocco. If they sell only one of their car, it is enough to compete with Nigerians 1000 cars sold.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by geesampower(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
fart:

Please shut up there. Commercial prowess ko.if you look at the cars manufactured in Morocco. If they sell only one of their car, it is enough to compete with Nigerians 1000 cars sold.
Lack of courtesy is a sign of insecurity and immaturity. You can debate me without being rude.

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Jeholinkz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Very Soon Innoson Will Be Range High
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
ajealadick:
the list was not needed. OP just created it just add Innoson Motors. Can you compare the others to the assembled in Nigeria Innoson motors? What about the car manufacturers in Ghana.
And you know the others are not assembled how?
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by mmsen: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
fart:

They haven't sold a single car.

They've made three concept vehicles in 17 years and haven't done anything in the past three years - nothing has gone to production level.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Shedybliss98(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Omo the Epitome rugget.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by princemillla(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
BraniacX:

Now that's dope shocked

Are you sure they are purely moroccan?

I think their engineers are from casablanca but the owner is a Moroccan
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by mmsen: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
princemillla:

Casablanca is Morocco's largest city.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Patini147(m): 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Ipob doing it big. The first car manufacturer in Nigeria While some tribe are still hating
Tribalism will surely kill yu, but no be prayer.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by princemillla(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
mmsen:

Casablanca is Morocco's largest city.

Oh thanks for that.... They are all Moroccans then
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by BraniacX(m): 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
princemillla:

Is that your idea of irony? undecided
Mind you i know casablanca to be a city in morocco undecided
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by oseo1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
geesampower:
Barley Edwards Cars

South Africa
Founded 2002
Special Achievement: These is no ordinary car manufacturing company. They make Top Notch sport cars that rank well in the world.

When you talk of sport cars, Barley Edwards has no rival in Africa. They are on the same playing field with the big-boys all over the world.

http://www.baileycars.co.za/

Bailey cars are replicas, basically the recreate already existing cars. Or to be more specific they recreate le mans winning cars. So technically I don't think they should be on the list.

1 Like

Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by JuanDeDios: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
geesampower:

Sure this would surprise a lot of people.
There are other fantastic brands too like Penera motors, but they are not into full manufacturing yet.
Hope the mods do the needful and let's people know great things are budding here.
Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44
S
Is Penera Nigerian?
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
geesampower:
we are set to compete with the world.

Huh?? Compete with the World? Have you seen the Mercedes S600?
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by AutoJoshNG: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Iefosa:

Huh?? Compete with the World? Have you seen the Mercedes S600?

We will definitely compete with the world.

Autojoshng
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Realonekingsley(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Arjeeni:
I dont no what to call this but we are missing it up.
Car assembly companies are different to Car manufacturing companies.
If I am not sure of all other INNOSON is car assembly company.
Even hyudai gets their engine block from honda..acura gets it engine and other components from honda..Innosson gets his engine and other components from mitsubuishi,my bro works there so i know...most top car companies get one or two components from other car companies doesn't mean they are not into manufacturing.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by HardMirror(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Autojoshng
My brother. These folks online must be kids mostly. They think it is all about sophistication. What about competing in terms of affordability? At least you get from point A to B, with good speed, comfort and safety, at an affordable price. Is that not enough to compete in the automotive market? If Benz makes a car of Innoson's specs, they will all buy it just because of the brand name.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by HardMirror(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Realonekingsley:

Even hyudai gets their engine block from honda..acura gets it engine and other components from honda..Innosson gets his engine and other components from mitsubuishi,my bro works there so i know...most top car companies get one or two components from other car companies doesn't mean they are not into manufacturing.
Please ignore the kids on this thread. Nairaland is full of them. They know dolt about business and the real world.

1 Like

Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Autojoshng

''WILL'' I rest my case then
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by judondasylva(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
wow nice one
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by BraniacX(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
HardMirror:

My brother. These folks online must be kids mostly. They think it is all about sophistication. What about competing in terms of affordability? At least you get from point A to B, with good speed, comfort and safety, at an affordable price. Is that not enough to compete in the automotive market? If Benz makes a car of Innoson's specs, they will all buy it just because of the brand name.

Plus europe's biggest car manufacturer by a huge margin is the volkswagen and they are not known for high end cars.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by mmsen: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
BraniacX:

Plus europe's biggest car manufacturer by a huge margin is the volkswagen and they are not known for high end cars.

The best known brands/models are the ones with mass market appeal such as the VW beetle, VW bug, The Mini.

The goal is usually to sell a lot of vehicles for a lower profit margin rather than to aim for the higher end where the profit margins are greater but the risk of failure is also increased because the potential market is significantly smaller.

Today, we hear that Tesla Motors are looking to create more affordable vehicles so as to increase their market share. In order to be viable long term, in the post subsidy era, they will have to. Otherwise they will go the way of Fisker Automotive.

P.S.
For everyone pointing to the Moroccan car 'manufacturer' on that list - they've made three concept cars in almost 20 years. They are yet to mass manufacture anything.

The South African company makes replicas (in very small numbers) of touring/racing cars.
Re: 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) by AutoJoshNG: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2016
HardMirror:

Hello HardMirror,

I concur. Affordability is more important to a larger spectrum of the world population rather than sophistication. Innoson has done so much and it can only get better from there.

Autojoshng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Locations Of Automotive Manufacturing & Assembly Plants In Nigeria (Infographic) / Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings / Can The Iphone 15 Pro Max Price Buy Any Car In Nigeria? - Carmart.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.