Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? (5713 Views)

Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Preciousgirl(f): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
My God is called Jesus Christ
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by donbenedict(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl wat's the meaning of Jesus
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by delishpot: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2016
I do believe in God. The one Jesus the Christ spoke about on his earthly walk.
I can not say I know his name. But I know Jesus spoke of God as good ,forgiving, merciful and rewarding to minkind.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by peteregwu(m): 10:34am On Apr 27, 2016
delishpot:
I do believe in God. The one Jesus the Christ spoke about on his earthly walk.
I can not say I know his name. But I know Jesus spoke of God as good ,forgiving, merciful and rewarding to minkind.

You then a confused person. How would you not know the name of your God. Welcome to the world of confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by delishpot: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2016
peteregwu:

You then a confused person. How would you not know the name of your God. Welcome to the world of confusion.

Thank you for such a positive response cool May your remaining days on earth also be full of confusion in the world of confusion you so elegantly placed me in. I hope your pill tastes as good in your mouth as you intended it to taste in mine.
NB..I have ported out of your world of concussion I hope you enjoy your stay in it though.

Last time I checked, even Jesus Christ did not mention the name of God.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:

But Jesus said he is not your God

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, [size=25] to my God and your God.’” [/size]- John 20:17

can u see ?

Jesus claim to have a God , and he said his own God IS YOUR God.

madam , do u know the God of Jesus Christ ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 27, 2016
Satan. Slayer of the Jew. Savior of Adam. Prince of Earth.

Hallowed be His Name.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by lepasharon(f): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2016
Yoruba gods
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:

How did you come about that? Do you have a picture of jesus?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by menesheh(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2016
My own god is skyfairy otherwise called jonny who i can see, touch and exchange comments on Nairaland. Who created the universe with his girlfriend. Atleast my god is a physical thing than allegories assumed to exist somewhere devoid of space, time and matter.

There is no demonstrated sort of existence that lacks space, time and matter to compare ours to, or even for me to start imagining its plausibility.

Daydreaming creates imageries and they are the product of our brains chemistry.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by menesheh(m): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

How did you come about that? Do you have a picture of jesus?

Even if he has the picture of jesus, how does the picture leads to the conclusion that he matches the description of a god.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

But Jesus said he is not your God

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, [size=25] to my God and your God.’” [/size]- John 20:17

can u see ?

Jesus claim to have a God , and he said his own God IS YOUR God.

madam , do u know the God of Jesus Christ ?

can you show me just one verse of the bible where Jesus mention his father's name
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:

Quran 6:That was the reasoning about Us, which We gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: We raise whom We will, degree after degree: for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge. (83) We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good: (84) And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous: (85) And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations: (86) (To them) and to their fathers, and progeny and brethren: We chose them, and we guided them to a straight way. (87) This is the guidance of Allah: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them. (88)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by orisa37: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
I believe in God. The Name of my God is Nijar, God of Nigeria; Olorun Olodumare in Yoruba language. Jesus Christ in English language. Jesus means Anointed. Christ means Savior.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
I believe in the only one true God whick is Me, Myself and I cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
orisa37:
I believe in God. The Name of my God is Nijar, God of Nigeria; Olorun Olodumare in Yoruba language. Jesus Christ in English language. Jesus means Anointed. Christ means Savior.
Quran 5: In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things." (17)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
CltrAltDelicious:
I believe in the only one true God whick is Me, Myself and I cool

Nice!
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
Quran 5: In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things." (17)

Allah the E.T?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
solite3:
can you show me just one verse of the bible where Jesus mention his father's name
Matthew 22:37

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
" Yeshua said to him, “You shall love THE LORD JEHOVAH your God from all your heart and from all your soul and from all your power and from all your mind.”

quoting this verse where his Fathers name appears

Deu 6:5

"and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might"

_–_–

John 17:26 " I made known to them YOUR NAME, and I will continue to make it known"

why not imitate him in making the name of his Father known instead of corrupting the name by removing it from the bible ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

Allah the E.T?
what z dat?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

Matthew 22:37

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
" Yeshua said to him, “You shall love THE LORD JEHOVAH your God from all your heart and from all your soul and from all your power and from all your mind.”

quoting this verse where his Fathers name appears

Deu 6:5

"and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might"

_–_–

John 17:26 " I made known to them YOUR NAME, and I will continue to make it known"

why not imitate him in making the name of his Father known instead of corrupting the name by removing it from the bible ?
in d old testament God reveal himself by that name Jehovah. Jesus was only quoting d old tests Kent.pls show me where Jesus specifically said his father's name is Jehovah simple. Jesus is God John 1:1 show me ur own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
solite3:
in d old testament God reveal himself by that name Jehovah. Jesus was only quoting d old tests Kent.

the point is HE USE the name . john 17:26

further, do u notice he said Jehovah is your God?

you must love Jehovah YOUR God. Matt 22:37

pls show me where Jesus specifically said his father's name is Jehovah simple.

was he talking about his Father in matt 22:37 ? and did his audience tell u they dont know who he called Jehovah ?

I have made your name known " john 17:26

Jesus is God John 1:1 show me ur own
Jesus is God no doubt ! but he is not the Almighty God , do u admit Jesus have a God ? - John 20:17

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Preciousgirl(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

was he talking about his Father in matt 22:37 ? and did his audience tell u they dont know who he called Jehovah ?

Jesus is God no doubt ! but he is not the Almighty God , do u admit Jesus have a God ? - John 20:17

John 20:28
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:

John 20:28

thomas said so.
grin grin

[size=25] Jesus never claim to be your God, . John 20:17 [/size]
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

Who was Jesus talking to? were they not Jews (people who knew God's name) did specifically mention that his father's name is Jehovah? how come Jesus always call God my father instead of Jehovah. He never taught his disciple to prayer using Jehovah's personal name BT instead he said our father. God's covenant name in the old testament is Jehovah BT in the new testament it is Jesus acts4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other:for there is none other name(including Jehovah) under heaven given among men,whereby we must be saved.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
what z dat?

What does allah look like?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
solite3:
Who was Jesus talking to? were they not Jews (people who knew God's name) did specifically mention that his father's name is Jehovah? how come Jesus always call God my father instead of Jehovah. He never taught his disciple to prayer using Jehovah's personal name BT instead he said our father.

Jesus call his Father by his name - John 17:26

God's covenant name in the old testament is Jehovah BT in the new testament it is Jesus

u Lied! the greek scriptures which you called new testament testify Jesua ia a servant of Jehovah, the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob

English Standard Version
" The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him. " Act 3:13

see your life.

acts4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other:for there is none other name [(including Jehovah) under heaven given among men,
whereby we must be saved.

the bracket is a devil insertion by you.

notice the blue color , the name is given among men, given shows that someone gave that name, who is that person that gave the name and is it proper to include the one who gave this name as uv done , let Scripture answer you

"
For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” [size=26] it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. " [/size]

can u now see the foolishness of ur reasoning?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

What does allah look like?
Quran112: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; (1) Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; (2) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; (3) And there is none like unto Him. (4)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
Quran112: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; (1) Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; (2) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; (3) And there is none like unto Him. (4)

The Vedas said Krishna is God too. Ifa claimed Olodumare is God,so do Christians claim Jesus and Yahweh are gods. Why do you think the Quran is right?

And why "Him"? A male deity?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

The Vedas said Krishna is God too. Ifa claimed Olodumare is God,so do Christians claim Jesus and Yahweh are gods. Why do you think the Quran is right?

And why "Him"? A male deity?
All these gods you mentioned let put them in to test.
God according to the knowledge of human vast reasoning and according to books of generations and beliefs should;
1 have no father
2. nor mother
3. should be one
4. should be absolute
5. should feed all and fed not
6. no image
etc now if ANY of this gods fit in all this basic description then that is God.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
All these gods you mentioned let put them in to test.
God according to the knowledge of human vast reasoning and according to books of generations and beliefs should;
1 have no father
2. nor mother
3. should be one
4. should be absolute
5. should feed all and fed not
6. no image
etc now if ANY of this gods fit in all this basic description then that is God.

You have no proof allah is real. allah is within human knowledge.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

Jesus call his Father by his name - John 17:26

u Lied! the greek scriptures which you called new testament testify Jesua ia a servant of Jehovah, the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob

English Standard Version
" The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him. " Act 3:13

see your life.

the bracket is a devil insertion by you.

notice the blue color , the name is given among men, given shows that someone gave that name, who is that person that gave the name and is it proper to include the one who gave this name as uv done , let Scripture answer you

"
For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” [size=26] it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. " [/size]

can u now see the foolishness of ur reasoning?
ol these posts are irrelevant to my question. I just ask u to show me where Jesus call his fada Jehovah nt where Jesus quote scripture BTW tank God u agreed that only one name is given for salvation not two. Who gave d name is not d mata but how many names n whose name. Pls its OK God's word is not by argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are You A Christian? / What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) / Pic: The Lady Being Accused Of Blackmail By Apostle Suleman Releases Exclsv Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.