Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement (25708 Views)

Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu / Legs Of Victim Of Enugu Attack Amputated. Photo / Enugu Attack Has Nothing To Do With Fulani - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by zooster: 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
– The Enugu police has referred to the perpetrators of the attack in Enugu as hoodlums

– The police sympathised with families of the victims and promised to bring the perpetrators to book

– It also clarified the number of victims affected by the onslaught

The Enugu state police command has provided a report on the supposed Fulani herdsmen attack which occurred in Ukpabi Nimbo community in the state but significantly referred to the perpetrators as hoodlums rather than herdsmen

The attack occurred on Monday, April 26 in Uzo-Uwani council and it was reported that 500 people died in the attack while over 2000 persons were displaced as they fled to neighboring communities of Nkpologu and Uvuru, even as Nkpologu natives fled to Nsukka in fear of attack.

Houses were reportedly burnt while goods worth millions of naira were lost while it was reported that Fulani herdsmen imported about 500 others from Nasarawa state to help launch the attack on the community.

However, in a statement signed by Ebere Amaraizu who is the spokesperson of the Enugu state police, it was reported that only 6 persons died while 11 persons were injured as against the earlier figures of causalities and that the attack was carried out by hoodlums.

The police also confirmed that vehicles were burnt and damaged in the attack but assured that the perpetrators will be brought to book

Meanwhile, there are unconfirmed reports that some Fulani herdsmen invaded Umuchigbo community in Enugu, just a few days after an initial attack.

https://www.naij.com/813182-not-herdsmen-police-gives-actual-report-attack-enugu-photo.html?source=index_main

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by dplordx(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
These Foolaneeys are probably attacked by IPOBians, and then, everything went to hell. They dont just attack farmers. I mean, theres 2 sides to every story. We need to start interviewing those Foolaneeys as well, and get their side of the story. Theres no smoke without fire!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
dplordx:
These Foolaneeys are probably attacked by IPOBians, and then, everything went to hell. They dont just attack farmers. I mean, theres 2 sides to every story. We need to start interviewing those Foolaneeys as well, and get their side of the story. Theres no smoke without fire!
very senseless post angry

204 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by zooster: 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
The police ar bunch of jokers. Who ar they trying to deceive? Well we don't need the police to tell us those that killed us; we ar well aware.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by sysseo: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
And i ask who are those hoodlums If they where militants you would have heard them mention it, and even increase the casualty figure. Police God is watching you all in 3D.

18 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by fotadmowmend(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
hmmm
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by psucc(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Arase had been cautioned.
So don't be surprised.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by lashout1: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
dplordx:
This cliche "No smoke without fire" reminds me of someone in the 30's. who started the fire?

please go get your updates from romance and entertainment section, where your likes are: u sound like u are posting from a spaceship in Mars.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Bawsse(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
I'm Igbo and #IStandWithBuhari

But if buhari cannot stand against his people killing my people, buhari I'm sorry, I'm igbo first, Nigerian second..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by castrogee(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bawsse:

But if buhari cannot stand against his people killing my people, buhari I'm sorry, I'm igbo first, Nigerian second..

No no no, you should keep standing with Buhari, it will very soon get to your community, maybe by den you will not only be standing with Buhari, but you will also be sleeping with buhari.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Uniben4sure: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ojukwu! Where are you!!!

15 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by bright007(f): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
l
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by HAH: 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Still wailers must wail

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by sukkot: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
where is the IYDL ? IPAD YOUF DEFENSE LEAGUE ? sad
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by gen2briz(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
Anyway sha.... God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by bedspread: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hoodlums!! The Sam
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by tolexy007(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
fcbonsai:
very senseless post angry
very senseless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Karm16: 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=14pt]Hoodlums = Herdsmen = terrorists = Saraki = supported by Igbo Youths movement & Ndi-Igbo Ohanaeze [/size]

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by XtraSmooth404: 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nigerian police is your friend angry bunch of criminals.
How these cattle rearers managed to have access to guns is what I still can't comprehend. I smell northern agenda.

RIP to the innocent lives wasted.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by harjorlarh(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
sometimes I feel lyk they shld nuke d entire north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by datola: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bawsse:

Correct! This is sensible patriotism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by tolexy007(m): 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
HAH:
Still wailers must wail
cos dey are humans, not goat like u

15 Likes

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by sammyj: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by tolexy007(m): 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
HAH:
Still wailers must wail
cos dey are humans, not goat like u

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by SleekAboki: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lying police force.
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by neonly: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Buhari bt why undecided undecided
Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by StepTwo: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
dplordx:

ɦօա ɛʟsɛ ċaռ օռɛ ɖɛʄɨռɛ sɛռsɛʟɛss?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Pavore9: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmm...the people who were attacked says they were attacked by herdsmen but the police that did not show up when they ought to says that the attackers are just hoodlums! sad

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Leviseed: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Can d press release resurrect any of d dead? Spare me dat nonsense jare!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by Mrsixfeet(m): 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
dplordx:

I don't know who you are or where you are from but I pray one thing for you and your kinsmen that these herdsmen visit you guys. Then someone will write and ask for two sides of the story. God bless you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by odiokay: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
dplordx:
nonsense comment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement by akpumping7720(m): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
ok.... the police force better man up their duties and come out with better findings. they keep mentioning hoodlums....
who are the hoodlums?
what's their motive of carrying out the attacks?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Storms Anglican Church, Says "I Will Stop Half Salary" / Osun Election: PDP Agent Arrested For Alleged Vote-buying / Kaduna Train Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦50 Million To Injured Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.