Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively (33579 Views)

10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola / 3 Reasons Why Having A Girlfriend Is Better Than Masturbating / Why Having A Girlfriend Is Unnecessary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by fiftynaira(m): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
"One can't keep a chicken as pet"

3 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by nezer83: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
ireneony:
hmmm ok!

Lolz...so u don bleep am.
Now u remember...Hahahaha
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by jydolele(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
PinkBarbie:
So? What am I supposed to do? Stop talking to my male bestie like you called it who we prolly met before we started dating? Why should I when you might even dump my ass tomorrow?

Only when I'm married will I reduce communication with any male friend who's not my husband. Or when the relationship is very close to the altar.
you are part of the people they are warning in this post...you will end up spreading your legs for your "bestie" and end up regretting your stuborness..always thinking you are so smart..

4 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
ireneony:
op what do you want me to do now, since I relate more with males than females undecided

Sweet fvck,i see ya.
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by toluine56(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Laveda:

I agree with some points the Op stated up there.

But this your mentality is totally out of this world.. undecided
Jeeez embarassed
Hi laveda, can you drive?
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by omoikea(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
the "friends with benefits" part is what I love most about this write up
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by ireneony(f): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
nezer83:

Lolz...so u don bleep am.
Now u remember...Hahahaha
your cup of tea smiley
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Laveda(f): 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
toluine56:

Hi laveda, can you drive?
Nope, why ask? cheesy
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
And yet another bf and gf topic again, but this one is interesting. My gf has a male bestie, but he is gay. Am I safe?
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by SlimShaddy10(m): 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
0ubenji:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=1415377562092632&story_fbid=1500237250273329

September 4th..2015
Let evry1 see it..simply copy nd paste..hardly any alteration..
Anytin else? OP

so Na copy copy OP do. Nawaooo!!!!

Op Since u are new here as said,and need to make a write - up to attract front page. Then write a unique thing which no one has written b4 and not to do copy and paste
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by kunleben47(m): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
To me it's okay for anyone to do what's comfortable for him or her. It's a matter of choice!

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by prinzfavian(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wahalaboy:
I'm sorry I'm a bit new here and I don't know how things are done here. But why is everyone talking about OP, I wrote this post and posted it na.

Laff iyaf kill me o. . . Bro OP still refers to you, it stands for Original Poster.
So either they say wahalaboy or OP, as long as it is related to this thread. They are still referring to you.
*continues laffin .....

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
What will you say about myself and my female bestie, We have been like this since 2009 till 2016 except on Nov 2011 when we had a misunderstanding, but she came back and apologized and we been rocking. Finished talking with her some minutes ago, before opening this thread, and she was complaining that I have stopped calling her often as I always do. No matter, the negative aspects of it male bestie still rocks the female so much. I am enjoying every part of it.
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Wahalaboy(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
SlimShaddy10:

That link copied from me. Here's the original link from my Facebook post, where the link copied from.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=872632006119523&id=100001181960187&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.872632006119523%3Atl_objid.872632006119523%3Athid.100001181960187%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A1420099200%3A1451635199%3A4602917117226916723

So yes, I wrote this post and that link copied from me. Check the date of the posts. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by prinzfavian(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wahalaboy:
Secondly I don't know who's responsible for moving posts to the front page but they've been really unfair to me. You can click my profile to read most of my write ups that never got pushed. And I assure you, I never copy from anyone else. Everything I post here was written by myself. f

Nor vex na, things are done in a certain way here. U cnt get every of ur topics pushed to the front page either written by you or not but to be on a safer side, after each post u can shout "lalasticlala" like 3times or even once. I can assure u of a front page appearance within the next thirty minutes of doing so.
But seriously, ure funny o
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by ojuu4u(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
[quote author=PinkBarbie post=45113687]So? What am I supposed to do? Stop talking to my male bestie like you called it who we prolly met before we started dating? Why should I when you might even dump my ass tomorrow?

Only when I'm married will I reduce communication with any male friend who's not my husband. Or when the relationship is very close to the altar.

ANYTIN U CANOT STOP B4 MARIAGE, U CANT STOP THEM AFTER MARIAGE. if u cant stop having as ur best friend luk inward Ma. Sometin is wrong wt u. I pray u wl nt regret ds dangerious habit.
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Wahalaboy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
prinzfavian:

Nor vex na, things are done in a certain way here. U cnt get every of ur topics pushed to the front page either written by you or not but to be on a safer side, after each post u can shout "lalasticlala" like 3times or even once. I can assure u of a front page appearance within the next thirty minutes of doing so.
But seriously, ure funny o
Lol.

Lmao chairman no mind me and my wahala o
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Coldfeets: 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
0ubenji:

Ofcuz I've viewed it....stil proves nothin to me..cox dat wasn't wah I was ur afta "ur downfall"
I was actuali comin across u to u as a broda wit d advice tin b4 u threw stones..
Let's not go wit d originality of the post again..I dnt wanna stress u dis mornin OP..I can be incredulous if I wanna be..
We wud argue nd argue til thy kingdom come nd I stil no go bulge..nd it wud greatly derail dis thread of urs..
Do av a nice day mahn

Ha ha ha...

Of course, I know it won't prove anything to you!!!

You see yo'r life?

Obviously, you wanted to shame him by telling the world he's a copycat.

But you failed.

And having realized that, now you're trying to back out to save your own face.

Just look at the way you're trying to turn your argument now and telling him his own proof as the original writer doesn't prove anything to you.

Ha ha ha

But since you decided to take it upon yourself to publicly shame him.

I think it will also be a nice suggestion if you publicly tender him your apology right away.

Abeg carry go wahalaboy.

No mind all diz people who are always ready to put someone down!!!

Nothing do you, guy!

13 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:
My girl friend is allowed a maximum of three male friends : The father, the son and the holy spirit (i dont even trust the holy spirit even, remember mary) other than these three, i don't do that best friend shiit angry grin
Lol
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Acidosis(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
I don't take any of those craps.

The moment I find out you've got some emotional bestie craps or some uncountable male friends somewhere, I CALL IT QUIT.

I don't like competition in business, relationship and every aspect of my life. I came to the world to enjoy life, not to compete with anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Wahalaboy(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Coldfeets:

Ha ha ha...

Of course, I know it won't prove anything to you!!!

You see yo'r life?

Obviously, you wanted to shame him by telling the world he's a copycat.

But you failed.

And having realized that, now you're trying to back out to save your own face.

Just look at the way you're trying to turn your argument now and telling him his own proof as the original writer doesn't prove anything to you.

Ha ha ha

But since you decided to take it upon yourself to publicly shame him.

I think it will also be a nice suggestion if you publicly tender him your apology right away.

Abeg carry go wahalaboy.

No mind all diz people who are always ready to put someone down!!!

Nothing do you, guy!

Thank you baba! Abeg how dem dey mention person for this land?

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Odunharry(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
4C2215131:

'Bestie' as you term it is simply a means for a lady to 'eat her cake and have it'.

Most women are emotionally greedy beings. She wants a 360 degree relationship which she knows is unavailable. She solves this dilemma by having that favourite male friend whom she wouldn't mind dating as he has everything she desires in a man except the fact that he's maybe broke for example!

So she dates a well off chap [as for my most women, financial prowess ranks no.1 in their hierarchy of needs, their reason for going into a relationship] who may not be her ideal candidate while keeping the broke chap to provide her emotional succour when she needs it [and this is usually on a regular basis as she is a specie that cannot survive without affection. They need it to thrive never minding the source of said affection].

This is the reason they easily cheat with the so called friend. Fellas know this; save you fulfill this friend role in your relationship and/or your lady is trustworthy, she's probably cheating on you courtesy of her so called friend.

Sad I know but, it's the fact of life.
aptly written..
My thoughts exactly...
Many women are emotionally greedy and trust me this set of women will curse and even fight other ladies they see talking with their guy ..

The issue of bestie is just rubbish..it's hard for a guy and girl to be so close without anyone falling in love

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by chubbyswit(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
0ubenji:

Don't bother dude..I was avoidin dis ..lolz
I hate comin across to ppl as an antagonist..
U forced me into meddling in such morally unprofitable affairs dude..
As ur monicker implies..lolz...WAhaLAboY

JUST LET IT GO
d op just disgraced your claims of him plagiarizing. Lolz take heart bro

5 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Coldfeets: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
To mention person for this land, you can either quote the person's post

Or...

You can simply type his/her name in your own post.

Wahalaboy:

Thank you baba! Abeg how dem dey mention person for this land?
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by drewxx88(m): 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
ireneony:
op what do you want me to do now, since I relate more with males than females undecided
he didn't write relate more with he wrote having a male bestie ,the question should be do you have one and can you really say none of the above points apply to you and the male bestie
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by jeffizy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
0ubenji:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=1415377562092632&story_fbid=1500237250273329

September 4th..2015
Let evry1 see it..simply copy nd paste..hardly any alteration..
Anytin else? OP
Well, he got it coming.
They just never learn.

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by anochuko01(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
Doxie69:
What will you say about myself and my female bestie, We have been like this since 2009 till 2016 except on Nov 2011 when we had a misunderstanding, but she came back and apologized and we been rocking. Finished talking with her some minutes ago, before opening this thread, and she was complaining that I have stopped calling her often as I always do. No matter, the negative aspects of it male bestie still rocks the female so much. I am enjoying every part of it.
I like this tour story...I'm actually locked down with a girl as a bestie of sorts. I wanna ask, didn't you ever have feelings for her? is either of you in a thriving relationship?
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by Wahalaboy(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Llubazz:

Lmao... Is this cannon??

No.
Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by openmine(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
I totally agree wit d OP....cos it happened 2 me once...

My ex had a guy whom she tagged her Bestie(den we were still in a relationship)...she always had Dis pleasant voice and smile whenever dere was a fone convo wit him...wen I asked,she just said d guy was a very close friend whom she knew b4 she met me..
..few months after we broke up,she started displaying d bestie's pic on whatsapp and bbm as her bf.....
same person she once called a Bestie is now her boyfriend... Lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by anochuko01(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
4C2215131:

'Bestie' as you term it is simply a means for a lady to 'eat her cake and have it'.

Most women are emotionally greedy beings. She wants a 360 degree relationship which she knows is unavailable. She solves this dilemma by having that favourite male friend whom she wouldn't mind dating as he has everything she desires in a man except the fact that he's maybe broke for example!

So she dates a well off chap [as for my most women, financial prowess ranks no.1 in their hierarchy of needs, their reason for going into a relationship] who may not be her ideal candidate while keeping the broke chap to provide her emotional succour when she needs it [and this is usually on a regular basis as she is a specie that cannot survive without affection. They need it to thrive never minding the source of said affection].

This is the reason they easily cheat with the so called friend. Fellas know this; save you fulfill this friend role in your relationship and/or your lady is trustworthy, she's probably cheating on you courtesy of her so called friend.

Sad I know but, it's the fact of life.

brother, it must have taken you lots of years of experience to say these perfect words. I agree totally with everything you wrote, including your commas and full stops!

1 Like

Re: Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively by toriola108(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
True talk oooo.......It really affecting me this days Tripping for my bestie gosh help me oooh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / Leaving My Wife For Another Woman: Your Views / Girl Sues Gary Tight $10,000k For Promising To Marry Her But Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.