Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,660 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. (4146 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. by cococandy(f): 8:52am On May 01, 2016
I do want it scraped too.

Maybe at first it was meant to be a beautiful practice but sexism and misogyny have come along and made it seem like it depicts trading off of a human being.
Even some parents know this hence some people will return the actual bride price paid saying they are not selling their daughters. So why even bother paying to fulfill all righteousness in the first place.
Re: What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. by SweetyMarvel00(m): 12:01pm On May 01, 2018
Pride price is sacred and shoudn't be flouted
Re: What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. by Gettreadyy(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2018
Florblu:
I dunno about other people o. But my bride price must be paid.
how much?
Re: What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. by gellermonicabel: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
You should visit https://topasianbrides.com/lovingfeel-review/ for mail order brides web site review. They share information about quality and other stuff about brides. I am a successful business woman and I believe that a woman can provide for a family financially on her own. And I found my groom on the web.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Mum Did With Her Dead Son Who Died 14 Weeks Into Pregnancy (photos) / Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now / Should I Abort This Pregnancy Or Leave It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.