Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

How To Cook World Class Nigerian Plantain Pottage That's Delicious And Healthy T - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook World Class Nigerian Plantain Pottage That's Delicious And Healthy T (1735 Views)

How To Prepare Sweet Beans And Potato Pottage / Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook World Class Nigerian Plantain Pottage That's Delicious And Healthy T by Twinkie8: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2016
This pot of pottage can be cooked with both unripe and fairly ripe plantains or any, not over ripe. Wait till food is ready before stirring in sautéed vegetables.

INGREDIENTS FOR THE STIR FRIED VEGETABLES:
2 seasoning cubes
I medium sized green pepper
2 medium sized tatashey
2 large washed and scraped carrots
I medium sized onion
1 table spoonful vegetable oil to grease the pan for stir frying

INGREDIENTS FOR THE PLANTAIN POTTAGE
5 small fingers of plantain
2 tablespoonfuls palm oil
2 medium sized catfish
5 glasses of water or more depending on how thick you want the pottage
1 teaspoon ground fresh pepper(ata rodo) sauce. You can use any pepper of choice
seasoning cubes
salt

Half a kilo of chicken grilled separately and served with the pottage.

Recipe Source: http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2016/04/nigerian-plantain-pottage.html

Re: How To Cook World Class Nigerian Plantain Pottage That's Delicious And Healthy T by Gracito(f): 3:46pm On May 04, 2016
Don't know about the others, but I can't eat plantain pottage with Carrots and all. I mean, what happened to the traditional utazi and it's likes? Well, my opinion.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Check This Food Combo Out / Will You Eat This Yam?? / Please I Want To Make Good Meat Pies And Nigerian Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.